PDA

View Full Version : Great KT interview

Bay Area Hibees
01-02-2017, 04:30 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/kevin-thomson-scott-brown-is-more-than-just-a-leader-1-4354405

jacomo
01-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Hiya Katie!

Ah the golden generation.

I remember when those huge banners went up in the West with Katie's face on them, saying 'Read my column every week in the Daily Record.'

It felt like we had done a deal with the devil - and indeed we had. Those columns - ghost written - were soon used to unsettle both players. When Hibs refused Rangers' joint bid of £3m for the pair, all hell broke loose. But we held out, won the League Cup and doubled our money.

All is forgiven but not forgotten. KT and SB were young men who had their heads turned. It was the OF doing as it always does.

I wonder how KT feels about both major trophies we won since he left Hibs the first time. Obviously he missed the first and wasn't in the match day squad last May - although he played his part in both cup runs.

Unseen work
01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
I have and always will be a massive fan of KT.

As a player he had everything, he could completely dictate a midfield, pass, tackle and had a really aggressive and confident side to him which made him stand out at an early age.

The circumstances when he left were dissapointing, but to me that is more down to Keith Jackson and his agent who got in a young boys head.

He has matured immensely and I enjoy listening to him speak and analyse games.

He certainly holds his time at hibs in high regard.

hibbysam
01-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Hiya Katie!

I remember when those huge banners went up in the West with Katie's face on them, saying 'Read my column every week in the Daily Record.'

It felt like we had done a deal with the devil - and indeed we had. Those columns - ghost written - were soon used to unsettle both players. When Hibs refused Rangers' joint bid of £3m for the pair, all hell broke loose. But we held out, won the League Cup and doubled our money.

All is forgiven but not forgotten. KT and SB were young men who had their heads turned. It was the OF doing as it always does.

I wonder how KT feels about both major trophies we won since he left Hibs the first time. Obviously he missed the first and wasn't in the match day squad last May - although he played his part in both cup runs.

'Katie'???

A Hi-Bee
01-02-2017, 05:13 PM

As a player he had everything, he could completely dictate a midfield, pass, tackle and had a really aggressive and confident side to him which made him stand out at an early age.

The circumstances when he left were dissapointing, but to me that is more down to Keith Jackson and his agent who got in a young boys head.

Agree and he is a Hibs supporter as well as having played for Hibs, wish him all the best.

jacomo
01-02-2017, 05:15 PM
'Katie'???

KT.

IWasThere2016
01-02-2017, 05:18 PM

This. Most complete player of that generation IMHO. God, we were blessed!

.Sean.
01-02-2017, 09:28 PM
I've got loads of time for him and there's no doubt he's one of us.

I posted some absolutely shockers on this forum about him during his time at Rangers but as you grow up a bit and make numerous mistakes yourself you mellow a wee bit and realise he was young, naive and had had his head turned by those that never had his best interests at all and should've known better.

I can't believe there are still some folk on here that drone on and on like a broken record about the misdemeanours of a 21 year old like they're some sort of angel that's never said anything silly and made mistakes. I'm 26 and still having balls ups on a weekly basis.

Unseen work
01-02-2017, 09:34 PM
I've got loads of time for him and there's no doubt he's one of us.

I posted some absolutely shockers on this forum about him during his time at Rangers but as you grow up a bit and make numerous mistakes yourself you mellow a wee bit and realise he was young, naive and had had his head turned by those that never had his best interests at all and should've known better.

I can't believe there are still some folk on here that drone on and on like a broken record about the misdemeanours of a 21 year old like they're some sort of angel that's never said anything silly and made mistakes. I'm 26 and still having balls ups on a weekly basis.

That's it mate, he left a club at 21 to join the second biggest team in Scotland at the time and times his wage by about 7.

The way he engineered it was poor but like you said it was listening to the wrong people.

I'm sure folk on here have made far far worse life choices.

hibbysam
01-02-2017, 09:37 PM
KT.

I get that, but referring to him as 'Katie' is embarrassing and totally disrespectful to a Hibs boy who made a mistake 10 years ago when he seen the pound signs, and has since gave this club so much.

silverhibee
02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Hiya Katie!

And yet, when the player who done it first, he had to have it be approved by the club before it went to print.

mjhibby
02-02-2017, 03:07 PM
I get that, but referring to him as 'Katie' is embarrassing and totally disrespectful to a Hibs boy who made a mistake 10 years ago when he seen the pound signs, and has since gave this club so much.

Still not happy with his behaviour at the time but he has shown his love for the club. A tremendous player on his day and played his part in winning the holy grail.

Iceman1875
02-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Hiya Katie!

Get over it FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
02-02-2017, 03:52 PM
And yet, when the player who done it first, he had to have it be approved by the club before it went to print.

A fact overlooked by most.

jacomo
02-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Get over it FFS.

Get over what?

Iceman1875
02-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Get over what?

The cheap Katie jibe, no need.

jacomo
02-02-2017, 04:08 PM

Lol dry your eyes mate.

Embarrassing and disrespectful? Yes, his behaviour was both, but - as I said in my post - it's all forgiven now.

jacomo
02-02-2017, 04:10 PM
The cheap Katie jibe, no need.

Sorry I offended you.

CockneyRebel
02-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Not sure where you've been for the last 10 years or so but that has long been his nickname amongst supporters and team-mates.

hibbysam
02-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Not sure where you've been for the last 10 years or so but that has long been his nickname amongst supporters and team-mates.

No, it really isn't. It's been a cheap dig from Hibs fans on here, hardly a 'nickname'

steakbake
02-02-2017, 04:55 PM
It's a strange article - kind of reads like an obituary.

I was sort of expecting him to sign off with "Well, so long Broony and thanks for the good times, pal. See you in Paradise."

CockneyRebel
02-02-2017, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=hibbysam;4930302]No, it really isn't. It's been a cheap dig from Hibs fans on here, hardly a 'nickname'[/QUOT

I might be an old fart but my memory is fine - just fine. An ex-work colleague who is a The Rangers supporter was calling him Katie while he was still playing for them - I wouldn't call that recent.

midfield_maestro
03-02-2017, 10:23 AM
He was immense at Tynie for the Scottish Cup game.