PDA

View Full Version : Crisps, snacks and SSN presenters outfits

heidtheba
31-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Great to see some fascinating possibilities in the transfer market before the window is 'slammed' shut...but where's the thread where we compare Doritos and Hula Hoops?
My favourite threads are always these ones. Sadly I've got to work tonight but have I missed something? Do we have an unofficial TDD thread.
Who is munching what snacks?
Do we agree?
Should we care?
Mintolas/Mint Munchies or Munchies?
What's Brown Owl saying about things?
:not worth:not worth:not worth

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Great to see some fascinating possibilities in the transfer market before the window is 'slammed' shut...but where's the thread where we compare Doritos and Hula Hoops?
My favourite threads are always these ones. Sadly I've got to work tonight but have I missed something? Do we have an unofficial TDD thread.
Do we agree?
Should we care?
Gerritrightroonye - I can't get any of those things here. Stuck with bloody popcorn and pretzels........:grr:

Vault Boy
31-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Housemate has the tea on at the moment, will pair nicely with an eclair I've just picked up for half price from Tesco. Might break into the Pringles and aw, but saving the rest for the evening. Well prepared this year.

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Gerritrightroonye - I can't get any of those things here. Stuck with bloody popcorn and pretzels........:grr:
where are you?

The_Exile
31-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Kettle crisps half price in Tesco so 3 packets of, bought, assorted flavours. Case of Guinness in the fridge last night, preparation is key. I've got a wide array of yank snacks for the Superbowl on Sunday so I'm thinking of tanning a hot dog and a burger when the countdown reaches minutes rather than hours. I've never dared crossover between superbowl snacks and deadline day snacks but I'm feeling well up for a bit of risk based activities so we'll see how that goes later. Think the missus has gin and some kind of elderflower tonic so might even give that a bash depending on how crazy the next couple of hours gets. Microwave salt and sweet popcorn is on standby for any Commons/Stokes/Riordan/Rocastle tidbits of info.

BroxburnHibee
31-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Do we agree?
Should we care?

Looks like you've just started it.

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 04:24 PM
where are you?
Funny you should ask - currently Kansas City but we are actively trying to purchase a new house in Conroe, just north of Houston.......

Brightside
31-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Fitba training first then a couple of bottles of red and a selection of crisps and dips.

jacomo
31-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Is this the unofficial TDD thread then?

I preferred it when we were hapless...

Albanian Hibs
31-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Just had 4 slices of Mother's pride Scottish bread - toasted, some Morrisons spicy chicken pasta and a can of Emerge. Will have to nip out to the local Day & Night for akgtb (after kids go to bed) snacks and drinks.

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Funny you should ask - currently Kansas City but we are actively trying to purchase a new house in Conroe, just north of Houston.......
Im in Spring just south of the Woodlands....

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Im in Spring just south of the Woodlands....
The wife likes that area too as well as Katy and Humble. If the Conroe home doesn't pan out we will continue our search in all of those areas......

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 04:53 PM
The wife likes that area too as well as Katy and Humble. If the Conroe home doesn't pan out we will continue our search in all of those areas......
Kingwood is very nice....

are you a golfer?

Michael
31-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Just had 4 slices of Mother's pride Scottish bread - toasted, some Morrisons spicy chicken pasta and a can of Emerge. Will have to nip out to the local Day & Night for akgtb (after kids go to bed) snacks and drinks.

That stuff is as bad as gluten free bread. Can only be consumed toasted.

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Kingwood is very nice....

are you a golfer?
Yes - but absolutely crap since I only started playing at 50 years old.....sometimes I can even hit the ball further than the length of the driver.....:greengrin

Smartie
31-01-2017, 04:59 PM
My girlfriend's brother and his family live in Kingwood and we've been over to visit.

Lovely place, really nice.

I think they filmed Tin Cup at one of the golf clubs up there.

SanFranHibs
31-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Going to be a beautiful 79 here in Dallas. (So should hit the 80s down there in Houston).

But still got a mug of hot tea and a bar of Cadburys.

Working on 2 monitors but reserved the third 27" monitor for the important stuff...Hibs ISpy... :greengrin

.Sean.
31-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Just in from work and for starters there's a tube of paprika pringles, a big bag of cheesy Doritos with a sour cream dip and a pizza express sloppy giessupe to be washed down with icy cold appletiser. Might even have a few tinnies seeing as I'm off the morn. Let's do this

Vault Boy
31-01-2017, 05:18 PM
5 degrees here in the fine city, as the locals call it. Still not spotted Grant Holt out and about. Have been unfortunate enough to have bumped into Kyle Lafferty outside Carrow though.

Second round of tea brewing, some jaffa cakes staring me in the face from the cupboard and all, will be taken down after a proper meal.

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Houston? He's a tosspot!

Smartie
31-01-2017, 05:26 PM
5 degrees here in the fine city, as the locals call it. Still not spotted Grant Holt out and about. Have been unfortunate enough to have bumped into Kyle Lafferty outside Carrow though.

Second round of tea brewing, some jaffa cakes staring me in the face from the cupboard and all, will be taken down after a proper meal.

Seemingly he was spied earlier on in Blackburn, letting down the tyres on Stokesy's car.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Sorry, lads. Didn't get a chance to start this thread today and I'm still at work.

Please fight the good fight in my absence.

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 05:36 PM
My girlfriend's brother and his family live in Kingwood and we've been over to visit.

Lovely place, really nice.

I think they filmed Tin Cup at one of the golf clubs up there.
Clubs of Kingwood. 5 courses including Deerwood. Is girlfriend from Texas then?

Pretty Boy
31-01-2017, 05:37 PM
In from work. Out for a run then dinner on, day off tomorrow so a couple of beers I think. Early bed then have a quick check at midnight to see who we have signed. Back to sleep until 4ish. Up, 2 slices of toast and a black coffee, few sandwiches made and stuck in a bag with a book, phone, flask of coffee and some other snacks. Stroll down to ER to join the queue then hopefully tickets sorted in time for a Greggs steakbake and a can of coke before a few hours kip tomorrow afternoon.

Swedish hibee
31-01-2017, 05:46 PM
I miss UK crisps. When I come to visit Scotland, I get a 10 bags a day habit..
If I lived in Scotland I'd be a right fatso!

Haymaker
31-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Clubs of Kingwood. 5 courses including Deerwood. Is girlfriend from Texas then?

Us USA based hibs fans should arrange a meet up one day. Although from the looks of it I am about 1,000 miles + away from you all!

EDIT: 1,600 miles from Morristown to Houston!

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Going to be a beautiful 79 here in Dallas. (So should hit the 80s down there in Houston).

Working on 2 monitors but reserved the third 27" monitor for the important stuff...Hibs ISpy... :greengrin
Its still a bit cool, but hoping it warms up in the next few hours with some exciting news from home.......:flag:

blindsummit
31-01-2017, 05:49 PM

hey! I live in Dallas! It is a lovely sunny day indeed. You should go to the Dallas Stars game tonight.

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 05:54 PM
By March that's four of us in the Dallas and Houston area - Scottish Cup Final at my hoose..........:greengrin

jacomo
31-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Sorry, lads. Didn't get a chance to start this thread today and I'm still at work.

Ffs. Priorities all wrong.

Haymaker
31-01-2017, 05:56 PM
By March that's four of us in the Dallas and Houston area - Scottish Cup Final at my hoose..........:greengrin

Only a 3 hour flight from Newark, I'll be there! :greengrin

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Us USA based hibs fans should arrange a meet up one day. Although from the looks of it I am about 1,000 miles + away from you all!

EDIT: 1,600 miles from Morristown to Houston!
We can have an inaugural Hibs convention in Vegas...............although I think that would be copying Celtic North America

Haymaker
31-01-2017, 06:00 PM
We can have an inaugural Hibs convention in Vegas...............although I think that would be copying Celtic North America

In Vegas... hmm... :cb

Albanian Hibs
31-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Started on a bag of mini Daim bars I got at Ikea the other day.

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Light snow in Hohentauern promising some more great skiing in the morning. Started the evening with clear brew soup and meat strudel and then a main of Jägerschnitzel and fries with hot chocolate sponge cake filled with a hot chocolate cream sauce and topped with vanilla ice cream. Washing it down with Gösser and now on my 3rd fruit schnapps.

Don't really give a **** about the deadline at present.

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Light snow in Hohentauern promising some more great skiing in the morning. Started the evening with clear brew soup and meat strudel and then a main of Jägerschnitzel and fries with hot chocolate sponge cake filled with a hot chocolate cream sauce and topped with vanilla ice cream. Washing it down with Gösser and now on my 3rd fruit schnapps.

FFS I would weigh about 800lbs if I had that diet......

houstonhibbee
31-01-2017, 06:34 PM

After eating all that you will give a **** at some point

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Hope he has a telly in the outhouse......

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Boss got back from Iran today so I have a great selection of goodies. Huge saffron pistachios, some dried baby figs and some biscuits that are amazing caramelly wonderfulnesd, not sure what they're called as I can read Farsi but they taste amazing. Oh and some wee tangerine things too.

Keith_M
31-01-2017, 06:45 PM

You're in Steiermark? Now I'm really jealous.

If you're still hungry, there's a McDonalds in Leizen

:wink:

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-01-2017, 06:57 PM
I've just had some stovies. Got some tomato ketchup walkers crisps.... a bar of galaxy and a bottle of irn bru to see me through the night

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2017, 07:03 PM
FFS I would weigh about 800lbs if I had that diet......

If it's any consolation I feel about 400kg (this is Europe) will probably set off an avalanche tomorrow.

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Hope we're both using different 4 letter words otherwise the Mrs might have some objections.

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2017, 07:07 PM
You're in Steiermark? Now I'm really jealous.

If you're still hungry, there's a McDonalds in Leizen

:wink:

To quote Monty Python "**** off, I'm full".

:greengrin

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Green speedos, ugg slippers 6 beers, 8 packets of salt & vinegar chipsticks and half a tub of Nutella.

That's me set!

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Green speedos, ugg slippers 6 beers, 8 packets of salt & vinegar chipsticks and half a tub of Nutella.

That's me set!

Green Speedos? Good call, hope your Mrs can keep her hands off you until it's all over.

Aldo
31-01-2017, 07:12 PM

That's me set!

6 beers.... holy moly... hopefully some info before half seven fella.... you'll be in your bed after half a tinny!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Green Speedos? Good call, hope your Mrs can keep her hands off you until it's all over.

It's always a fight but I've locked myself in the room!

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 07:14 PM
6 beers.... holy moly... hopefully some info before half seven fella.... you'll be in your bed after half a tinny!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half? Be in bed before I get to half 😁

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Never tried Chipsticks with Nutella. Shall give it go though.

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 08:12 PM

That's me set!

THIS sets the definitive standard for the evening.

Curiously little One Day Soon is at swimming training tonight so while there is a spurious Speedos link there I'm afraid we've moved well beyond the realm of Brown Owl. Coach however is a Hibee and his only gnomic comment at drop off was a tap on the side of his nose and "never look a gift horse". He's a bit crazy mind. He's used to shouting his head off to be heard when they're in the water and he's lost the ability to tone it down in real life. Shouty McShoutface.

When I do get back it will be banana on toast with tea as a settler. Then waste through a family bag of assorted Thornton's toffee followed by a series of crisps with Innes & Gunn rum finish. There's a black pepper encrusted cheese in the fridge that ought to be feeling pretty nervous too.

I'm fully expecting Miss Dempster to pull some spectacular cat out of the bag at the death. By contrast with our incontinently shopping neighbours (always make a list before you go shopping, otherwise you buy a lot of crap you don't need and can't afford. Sound familiar Yams?) I feel it will be 'never mind the quantity, feel the width'.

Onward to glory with bravely glutinous disregard for calories and cholesterol!

Green Man
31-01-2017, 08:14 PM
What's this nonsense on Sky Sports News? I don't care about football matches that are being played right now, I want to see cars turning up at training grounds!

jacomo
31-01-2017, 08:37 PM

New Jersey and the East Coast used to have a lot of Hibernian clubs. The picture in my avatar is a Hibernian fire station in NJ.

We should Make America Green Again.

jonty
31-01-2017, 08:38 PM

this x10

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 08:39 PM
New Jersey and the East Coast used to have a lot of Hibernian clubs. The picture in my avatar is a Hibernian fire station in NJ.

I think you may need to make it sane again first...

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 08:41 PM
THIS sets the definitive standard for the evening.

Curiously little One Day Soon is at swimming training tonight so while there is a spurious Speedos link there I'm afraid we've moved well beyond the realm of Brown Owl. Coach however is a Hibee and his only gnomic comment at drop off was a tap on the side of his nose and "never look a gift horse". He's a bit crazy mind. He's used to shouting his head off to be heard when they're in the water and he's lost the ability to tone it down in real life. Shouty McShoutface.

When I do get back it will be banana on toast with tea as a settler. Then waste through a family bag of assorted Thornton's toffee followed by a series of crisps with Innes & Gunn rum finish. There's a black pepper encrusted cheese in the fridge that ought to be feeling pretty nervous too.

I'm fully expecting Miss Dempster to pull some spectacular cat out of the bag at the death. By contrast with our incontinently shopping neighbours (always make a list before you go shopping, otherwise you buy a lot of crap you don't need and can't afford. Sound familiar Yams?) I feel it will be 'never mind the quantity, feel the width'.

Onward to glory with bravely glutinous disregard for calories and cholesterol!

Black pepper encrusted cheese, mouth is watering as I type this.

A Hi-Bee
31-01-2017, 08:44 PM
All sounds very delicious but have we signed Berbatov yet or have we signed anybody, finished off my large bag of "Revels" and down to some old crusty lobster, its a f88king struggle biting through the shell.

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 08:47 PM
All sounds very delicious but have we signed Berbatov yet or have we signed anybody, finished off my large bag of "Revels" and down to some old crusty lobster, its a f88king struggle biting through the shell.

Revels eh? That's a family bag on the way home from swimming right there. Groovy.

jacomo
31-01-2017, 08:47 PM
I think you may need to make it sane again first...

Hibs Trumps Hate!

Smartie
31-01-2017, 08:51 PM

this x10

Not if his work is repairing Sparky's jetpack, in advance of him flying over to ER to sign on the dotted line.

Northernhibee
31-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Working late so late to the party. Got pasta with Cumberland sausage and leek with a sauce made of cheddar, garlic, shaoxing wine and clotted cream.

This isn't just any January .net transfer window...

Smartie
31-01-2017, 08:54 PM

That's me set!

I'm so f*****g hungry I'd even eat the green speedos.

Still to leave my work, heading home but unlikely to get in and eat within the next couple of hours.

You know that "hangry" way you get when you're so hungry you're really pissed off?

That's me right now.

Not appreciating the talk of snacks tonight, not at all.

blindsummit
31-01-2017, 08:55 PM

You are on! As long as your house is in Dallas, not Houston :greengrin

Vault Boy
Working late so late to the party. Got pasta with Cumberland sausage and leek with a sauce made of cheddar, garlic, shaoxing wine and clotted cream.

This isn't just any January .net transfer window...

I rate this effort

Thecat23

Still to leave my work, heading home but unlikely to get in and eat within the next couple of hours.

You know that "hangry" way you get when you're so hungry you're really pissed off?

That's me right now.

😂😂 Post of the night so far!

#PrayForSmartie

Haymaker
31-01-2017, 09:20 PM

As a Jersey Boy now, I would like to know where...?

HoboHarry
31-01-2017, 09:34 PM

That's me right now.

Thats just nasty. I would eat them if I had just peeled them off Diane Lane or Emma Stone but not from that manky ba****d Cat.........

:greengrin

heidtheba
31-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Dire food here. Working out all day and had fish n chips for lunch and two packets of Salt n Vinegar (multi-pack bags) of McCoys. Boo.
Starving hungry now and would kill for a chinese/pizza/something I don't know what but I know I really want it.

Strongly advise you look on the 'Get the cash oot Leanne' thread if you haven't already - it's a hoot.

Utterly unprepared for this TDD and it's now too late to get the food I want where I live. Really want something nice but will end up with dross if I go about getting some nibbles now.

Very much like our old TDDs tbh.

I want a steak, I'll get a Valdas Trakys. Scary.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Lads, I may as well own up.

In years gone by I've started the thread, took the day off, surrounded myself with gadgets, gorged on junk food and posted pictures of barely clothed women.

Today I have went to work, worked late, not even glanced at a woman and my food intake has consisted of a smoothie, a yoghurt, a couple of slices of toast, scrambled egg for lunch and a small portion of fish and chips for dinner.

I, Pedantic_Hibee, am an ar*ehole and I don't deserve to live. I'm sorry.

Saturday Boy
31-01-2017, 09:46 PM

In years gone by I've started the thread, took the day off, surrounded myself with gadgets, gorged on junk food and posted pictures of barely clothed women.

Today I have went to work, worked late, not even glanced at a woman and my food intake has consisted of a smoothie, a yoghurt, a couple of slices of toast, scrambled egg for lunch and a small portion of fish and chips for dinner.

This is like finding out there's no Santa

jonty
31-01-2017, 09:52 PM

**** sake. You've Changed.

Smartie
31-01-2017, 09:54 PM
This is like finding out there's no Santa

If Hibs ever wanted to quietly bury the news that they'd let Jason Cummings and John McGinn move to Hearts on free transfers, this would probably be a good time to do it.

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 09:59 PM

I can't look you in the eye.

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 10:02 PM
What a man. I think Jim's been hitting the gym.

Whoar! Who is she?

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Admins... this deserves a ban!!!!!!

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2017, 10:05 PM
If Hibs ever wanted to quietly bury the news that they'd let Jason Cummings and John McGinn move to Hearts on free transfers, this would probably be a good time to do it.

:faf:

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Not sure why Jane Dougall needs to be standing outside Southampton's office to get an email from them about their Gabbiadini signing. Couldn't someone just have popped outside and given it to her?

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Well I've tanned the lot in case anyone's interested. The Rougier thread distracted me and I seem to have gotten through a lot of the scran without noticing.

There's an Anthony Stokes shaped hole in my stomach though and only a pizza on a wing and a prayer towards midnight is going to fill it.

jacomo
31-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Not sure why Jane Dougall needs to be standing outside Southampton's office to get an email from them about their Gabbiadini signing. Couldn't someone just have popped outside and given it to her?

Just send it to her phone like.

does she get how email works?

jacomo
31-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Well I've tanned the lot in case anyone's interested. The Rougier thread distracted me and I seem to have gotten through a lot of the scran without noticing.

There's an Anthony Stokes shaped hole in my stomach though and only a pizza on a wing and a prayer towards midnight is going to fill it.

Tony stepped into the breach when he realised Pedantic was posted missing.

Unless... Pedantic, you're not Tony are you?

One Day Soon
31-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Tony stepped into the breach when he realised Pedantic was posted missing.

Unless... Pedantic, you're not Tony are you?

Oh **** me, that would be the most impressively surreal performance of all time if it were true. Tragically however I suspect Pedantic is currently standing in front of a mirror looking at his well groomed and sculpted physique feeling nothing but self-loathing and gagging on a Ginsters.

As Donald Trump would say, sad.

The_Exile
01-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Couldn't someone just have popped outside and given it to her?

Fair point, it was well past the watershed.

Dalianwanda
01-02-2017, 12:40 PM
I'm kinda taken aback that the was no mention of Snyder of Hanover pretzels? Cheese, jalepeno or honey and mustard are taste sensations and although you pay a bit more you get loads in a bag...

Are these not available back home?