PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MEET THE NOMINEES TONIGHT

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
31-01-2017, 10:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7223)

Carheenlea
31-01-2017, 07:15 PM
live broadcast of hustings
https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/videos/1205148882917504/

Carheenlea
31-01-2017, 07:29 PM
A disappointing turnout by sounds of things. Good quality feed though.

Badge
31-01-2017, 07:34 PM
A disappointing turnout by sounds of things. Good quality feed though.

Is Leanne there?

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Charlene came across very well, as did the first man who's name i missed as i tuned in after the start.

truehibernian
31-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Charlene came across very well, as did the first man who's name i missed as i tuned in after the start.

She came across very well indeed BH and would get my vote - very calm and composed with humility too - liked her wee quip about being better online than using microphones. Maybe the money we're saving on mic batteries is going on the Stokes deal.

Carheenlea
31-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Charlene did speak well. Boy on now speaks like a banker, not for me.

Carheenlea
31-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Is Leanne there?

Its a static camera, so no idea if she is. On the last day of window she may have pressing matters elsewhere.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2017, 07:56 PM
whaes the bloke with the persevered top on, he looks slightly bored with proceedings :greengrin

Badge
31-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Its a static camera, so no idea if she is. On the last day of window she may have pressing matters elsewhere.

That's what I'm hoping

BroxburnHibee
31-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Tracey speaking well. I missed the early ones.

guthrie01
31-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Pat going right into the fans asking questions... getting a bit awkward

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 08:28 PM
FFS Pat stanton showing just why he's nowhere near good enough to be a fans rep in my opinion.

Allant1981
31-01-2017, 08:28 PM
tracey and amit for me, pat stanton not coming over very well im afraid

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Pat Stanton came across pretty badly there unfortunately. Far too defensive and aggressive with his answers.

Carheenlea
Pat just ended his campaign there IMO.

silverhibee
Pat looking for a square go me thinks, didn't come over very well.

GreenArmyyy!
Pat Stanton just lost the plot. Don't want to disrespect him but his speech was purely playing on his fame and nothing to do with what he would do in the role then the answering of those questions was abysmal. Not for me.

matty_f
31-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Thought that Tracey did well there.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2017, 08:30 PM
ach well, yer still a legend pat

madhatter
31-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Anyone know if there is going to be a recording we can watch again? I only caught parts of the broadcast and it'd be good to watch again to decide which way to vote.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2017, 08:31 PM
get the two lassies in

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Charlene and Tracy for me. :top marks Pat Stanton, FFS man what were you thinking? :rolleyes: You were i'd imagine a certainty for one of the posts, but deary me.

Daz1875
31-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Pat was terrible as was Frank i will be voting Tracey and Amit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3pm
31-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Charlene and Tracy for me. :top marks Pat Stanton, FFS man what were you thinking? :rolleyes: You were i'd imagine a certainty for one of the posts, but deary me.

What happened?

marinello59
31-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Pat Stanton will always be one of my greatest heroes.
And that's all I am going to say about him tonight.
I'm hoping the whole things Is viewable again, caught it from the guy before Frank Dougan onwards.

Johnny Clash
31-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Anyone know if there is going to be a recording we can watch again? I only caught parts of the broadcast and it'd be good to watch again to decide which way to vote.

Yes. It's available to watch now

norwayhibs
31-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Tracy did very well imo

Greenwich_Hibby
31-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Charlene & Tracey. Dearie me Pat - that sounded like 30 years of 'I should have a role in the club'.....sad.

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 08:38 PM
What happened?
He didn't give any real reason why people should vote for him. Then when the first question was asked about his attendance at matches (ie. was he really a normal fan) he got pretty aggressive with his answer and said that it was a stupid question . Somebody then asked what he could bring to the board room and, again a bit aggressively, he answered that he could spot a good footballer and that he knew how football clubs work - neither of which are anything to do with being a fans' rep IMO.

31-01-2017, 08:39 PM
That was .........hmmmmm.......interesting!

Don't know Tracy but she's gets one of my votes. Showed a genuine love for the club and the sort of person I'd be happy to approach as a fans rep.

Pat, why start an argument when you get asked a simple question?!? Unfortunately came across very poorly.

Viking
31-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Think Amit came across the best out of them all. Made the effort by dressing smartly, spoke very well and clearly has a passion for the club and role. A guarenteed vote from me.

Tracey also came across well and better than the rest so its looking like my second vote will go her way at the moment...

silverhibee
31-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Did Pat think he was being interviewed for the Hibs job, got the impression he still doesn't think the club is being run properly.

Daz1875
31-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Think Amit came across the best out of them all. Made the effort by dressing smartly, spoke very well and clearly has a passion for the club and role. A guarenteed vote from me.

Tracey also came across well and better than the rest so its looking like my second vote will go her way at the moment...
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

guthrie01
31-01-2017, 08:44 PM
He didn't give any real reason why people should vote for him. Then when the first question was asked about his attendance at matches (ie. was he really a normal fan) he got pretty aggressive with his answer and said that it was a stupid question . Somebody then asked what he could bring to the board room and, again a bit aggressively, he answered that he could spot a good footballer and that he knew how football clubs work - neither of which are anything to do with being a fans' rep IMO.

Accurate summary, Pat is a great guy and legend but totally not right for the position advertised. Hope people vote with their heads and not their hearts after that.

Charlene, Amit or Tracey all came across the most suitable candidates. Good experience and value communication as the most important thing which is what we need for this post.

GreenArmyyy!
31-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Pat Stanton just lost the plot. Don't want to disrespect him but his speech was purely playing on his fame and nothing to do with what he would do in the role then the answering of those questions was abysmal. Not for me.

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Accurate summary, Pat is a great guy and legend but totally not right for the position advertised. Hope people vote with their heads and not their hearts after that.

Charlene, Amit or Tracey all came across the most suitable candidates. Good experience and value communication as the most important thing which is what we need for this post.
Pat saying that he "couldn't work a computer but he could spot a player" was exactly the wrong thing to say.

Brightside
31-01-2017, 08:53 PM
I wont be voting for any of them. I just don't see the point. A few of them are far too political. A few of them didn't look bothered - one guy sat on his phone for most of the meeting. Despite all the chat from each candidate I still haven't heard the reason for having these guys on the board., and I've seen nothing in the past year from the current duo to say its worth continuing with it.

Since90+2
31-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Charlene and Tracey came across the best for me. I also think they would work together well and would bring different skills to the roles.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2017, 08:58 PM
I wont be voting for any of them. I just don't see the point. A few of them are far too political. A few of them didn't look bothered - one guy sat on his phone for most of the meeting. Despite all the chat from each candidate I still haven't heard the reason for having these guys on the board., and I've seen nothing in the past year from the current duo to say its worth continuing with it.

I'm not voting either. Can't see how any of them can make a difference. Charlene was good but I don't see any of them having the clout to affect anything.

Carheenlea
31-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Amit can talk a good game, we know that already. Of the other candidates Charlene and Tracy spoke well, as did Gordon Munro, but as a councillor you would expect a strong performance from him in this kind of environment. Frank spoke better off the cuff rather than from his prepared statement, and while he may not win too many new votes, he has a large number of votes he can rely on.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 09:07 PM
I missed Amits speech but have just watched it now, and he certainly comes across well. He along with Charline and tracey certainly for me seem to now know that this job is about being a FANS rep, and the two girls especially want that to be the case.

Amit has had a couple of years doing the job, and i think he has tried but for me nowhere near enough to communicate with a lot of those fans he was elected to represent.

Charlene, Tracey and Amit looked to me the ones who would embrace all new technology and use it to connect with the supporters, and that has to be the way forward.

Brightside
31-01-2017, 09:10 PM
One guy talked about brining beer back to the stadium??? hows he going to do that? he also wanted to get more people into the ground outside of match days? Thats nothing to do with fan reps. I honestly wonder why some people want the role. Far to many of them talking about knowing loads of hibbies and family being hibbies for 100s of years. Bottom line... go get a list of the things the fans want action on then work hard with the board to make those changes. I don't want them trying to help out at East Mains, and sitting with people on busses etc. Im re-watching this live...and people are asking him about his financial skills... again the finances of the board are nothing to do with the fans rep. Fix the pies and you'll get my vote. ;-)

Pretty Boy
31-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Tbh I wasn't blown away by anyone.

Thought Frank spoke well off the cuff but his prepared statement was lacking. Amit spoke well but that's nothing new learned, he's had 2 years to show his communication skills and I've heard more from him in the last 2 weeks than the preceding 23 months. Gordon Munro spoke well but again that wasn't suprising. The 2 ladies were very passionate and probably the pick of the bunch based on tonight. Pat Stanton was poor, I'll leave it at that.

All in all I'm no nearer knowing who to vote for or whether I'll vote at all. If the turnout last time was anything to go by I daresay I'm not the only one thinking that way.

Stantons Angel
31-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Pat saying that he "couldn't work a computer but he could spot a player" was exactly the wrong thing to say.

even i have to admit that his performance tonight was way below par for a legend like him.

Having sat there through everyone else's speeches getting more and more nervous did him no good.

Then the idiot asking the question did he go to away games? what had that to do with the evening at all......

There is hope for a lot of us but these two asking questions like that should be ashamed of themselves!

I go to games home and away and have done so for 50 years now, im not very apt at computer skills either but that wouldnt stop me doing a job i have put myself up for!

Some of you need to have a good look at yourselves!

As for the other posters saying they are not voting? Again if you want change you act on it. If you want to moan you sit on your backside and post on here without doing anything to make things better!

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 09:30 PM
From what I seen tonight, Amit, Charlene & Tracy are, for me, the best candidates. Amit, however, has posted more on here when trying to gain votes than during his 2 years as a board member - I'm sure even he will agree that that's pretty disappointing. I know that Frank is respected by those that know him but, again IMO, saying now that he'll communicate better just doesn't cut it - he's had his chance. As for the rest, they might potentially be very good board members but not as fans' reps.

I think the girls could work really well, and hopefully change some people's opinions on the role and utility of these appointments .

I'm disappointed that nobody present asked one of them to explain the offside rule though.

Stantons Angel
31-01-2017, 09:35 PM
From what I seen tonight, Amit, Charlene & Tracy are, for me, the best candidates. Amit, however, has posted more on here when trying to gain votes than during his 2 years as a board member - I'm sure even he will agree that that's pretty disappointing. I know that Frank is respected by those that know him but, again IMO, saying now that he'll communicate better just doesn't cut it - he's had his chance. As for the rest, they might potentially be very good board members but not as fans' reps.

I think the girls could work really well, and hopefully change some people's opinions on the role and utility of these appointments .

I'm disappointed that nobody present asked one of them to explain the offside rule though.

Ah but do they go to away games?

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 09:37 PM
even i have to admit that his performance tonight was way below par for a legend like him.

Having sat there through everyone else's speeches getting more and more nervous did him no good.

Then the idiot asking the question did he go to away games? what had that to do with the evening at all......

There is hope for a lot of us but these two asking questions like that should be ashamed of themselves!

I go to games home and away and have done so for 50 years now, im not very apt at computer skills either but that wouldnt stop me doing a job i have put myself up for!

As for the other posters saying they are not voting? Again if you want change you act on it. If you want to moan you sit on your backside and post on here without doing anything to make things better!

Nobody is a bigger legend than Pat, but he lost his rag over a couple of questions FFS, what will he be like when being asked hundreds of questions as a FANS REP?

He's just not got the ability or even the will to communicate through social media, that the person who gets this job needs to have and do.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2017, 09:38 PM

That's what frustrated me. I'm still not sure what many/any are bringing to the table as fans reps.

I don't care if you're a great accountant and can read a balance sheet. We have a finance director. I don't care you're a great recruitment consultant. We have a football recruitment consultant. I don't care you're a good councillor, can spot a player or whatever else. I don't even care you're a good fan who goes to a lot of games and 'bleeds green'. So do I but I don't think I'd be suitable for the role. You are campaigning to be a fans rep. Tell me why you are going to be good at that, even if that means outlining the transferable skills in your current role.

Tbh I think only the 2 ladies and to a lesser extent Frank really got close to 'nailing the brief'. I was switching off during most of the others.

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2017, 09:42 PM

That was me, after a simple question he lost the plot, can you kindly not call me an idiot

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 09:47 PM

For me, all Pat Stanton had to do was say that he'd ask someone to give him a hand with the social media stuff, and that he'd use his clout as a Hibs legend to make sure that the fans' voice was heard in the board room.

Unfortunately the first question that was asked wound him up and it got a bit daft thereafter.

The question about away games is valid though, people voting can identify with someone who pays to go to matches week in week out.

A Hi-Bee
31-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Is the post as the supporters representative not pretty self explanatory, they are there to represent the views and hopes of the greater majority of supporters, which it should be added are not on hibs net or many of the other social media streams so they need to be able to connect with the supporter on the street and convey the aspirations of the support to the board in a constructive way to try and effect change.

It is a shame that just because someone has or is well known or even a legend and I use this term carefully, it does not make them a good representative or manager when it comes down to that.

Horses for courses and if there does need to be a supporters representative or two sitting in on some board meetings then the only criteria should be in my humble opinion if they can bring the majority of supporters concerns or otherwise to the notice of the board then they are doing the job they have been voted in for, and it is correct to say that if you do not cast a vote then you have no rights to moan about the situation when you could have been a small part of any solution.

Just the way I see it good luck to all who take part, and hope that they can bring the hopes and concerns of the support to the notice of the board when it is required.

Brightside
31-01-2017, 10:04 PM

I said i wouldn't vote, and the reason was simple. Tracy was probably the only person who seemed to have any idea what the point of the role is. The issues that people sit on their backsides and moan about are exactly what they should be focusing on. Beers in the stadium? Working on balance sheets and projections? Spotting a good player? Its all codswallop. We know what the issues are and there doesnt appear to have been any improvement on those things in the last two years. I have no issue with the way the club is currently being run on the pitch or the finances in the board room. Tracy is already on the Working Together group....do we really need anything else?

et vireta
31-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Stanton's Angel

I would go even further, I think some of the comments are down right disgraceful.

Let's consider what happened here ?

The first two questions where not questions. The "supporter" first of all asked Pat if he had been put up to this. In other words he immediately suggested that Pat was a Patsy, if you pardon the pun. He then quickly followed that up with calling into question Pat's credentials as a Hibs supporter because this particular "supporter" had not seen him at any matches. This "supporter" did not pose these accusations to any of the other candidates. Laying aside Pat's status at the Club and indeed let's not even consider a football context, we need to think about this. How would any of us react to such serious and inflamatory remarks, particularly in such a public forum. If anyone called my personal integrity into question like this I am not sure I would have been as polite as Pat was.

I think it is fair to say that having been grossly offended by the first insults, dressed up as questions, he simply misheard or misunderstood the next person's question.

Anyone who knows Pat Stanton will know that he is not by any means bad tempered or ill mannered, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the person who tried to do a hatchet job on him with the first questions.

The last thing we need on the Board is more supposed banking expertise or communication expertise. We need integrity and someone who is not there on an ego trip.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Is the post as the supporters representative not pretty self explanatory, they are there to represent the views and hopes of the greater majority of supporters, which it should be added are not on hibs net or many of the other social media streams so they need to be able to connect with the supporter on the street and convey the aspirations of the support to the board in a constructive way to try and effect change.

It is a shame that just because someone has or is well known or even a legend and I use this term carefully, it does not make them a good representative or manager when it comes down to that.

Horses for courses and if there does need to be a supporters representative or two sitting in on some board meetings then the only criteria should be in my humble opinion if they can bring the majority of supporters concerns or otherwise to the notice of the board then they are doing the job they have been voted in for, and it is correct to say that if you do not cast a vote then you have no rights to moan about the situation when you could have been a small part of any solution.

Just the way I see it good luck to all who take part, and hope that they can bring the hopes and concerns of the support to the notice of the board when it is required.

They definitely need to be a good communicator, and apart from the two women and Amit, the others were very very poor.

Forza Fred
31-01-2017, 10:06 PM

Old truism........There are no such things as stupid questions, ..only stupid answers.

If Pat IS elected, then does he really understand that answering what he may consider personally 'obtuse' questions from fans...is exactly what would be expected of him?

Doesn't sound as if he does by the reactions on here.

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Stanton's Angel

I would go even further, I think some of the comments are down right disgraceful.

Let's consider what happened here ?

The first two questions where not questions. The "supporter" first of all asked Pat if he had been put up to this. In other words he immediately suggested that Pat was a Patsy, if you pardon the pun. He then quickly followed that up with calling into question Pat's credentials as a Hibs supporter because this particular "supporter" had not seen him at any matches. This "supporter" did not pose these accusations to any of the other candidates. Laying aside Pat's status at the Club and indeed let's not even consider a football context, we need to think about this. How would any of us react to such serious and inflamatory remarks, particularly in such a public forum. If anyone called my personal integrity into question like this I am not sure I would have been as polite as Pat was.

I think it is fair to say that having been grossly offended by the first insults, dressed up as questions, he simply misheard or misunderstood the next person's question.

Anyone who knows Pat Stanton will know that he is not by any means bad tempered or ill mannered, unfortunately the same cannot be said about the person who tried to do a hatchet job on him with the first questions.

The last thing we need on the Board is more supposed banking expertise or communication expertise. We need integrity and someone who is not there on an ego trip.

Supporter in quotation marks? Am I not a supporter?:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Ah but do they go to away games?

That's a big selling point for the Dougan camp.

I'm not sure why - it's not match reports I'm looking for from the reps.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2017, 10:15 PM
That's a big selling point for the Dougan camp.

I'm not sure why - it's not match reports I'm looking for from the reps.

Its not helped much over ibroxgate.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Its not helped much over ibroxgate.

:agree: still not heard a peep on that one

bigwheel
31-01-2017, 10:19 PM
well, if we don't see a signing or two before midnight, there will be quite an opportunity for our existing fans reps to make a name for themselves by representing our voices to the club...and helping us understand what's happened. and it won't be helpful if they take the clubs position on it...it needs to feel like the voice of a fans rep..not a club rep..

let's hope it is not required!

Pretty Boy
31-01-2017, 10:20 PM

The Supporters Rep role would indeed seem to be pretty self explanatory. It's a pity so many of the candidates don't seem to grasp it though.

As for the point about not voting. I just don't see anything that has happened in the last 2 years that wouldn't have happened without a supporters rep. I'd like an example of one tbh. That's not to say Frank and Amit haven't done good work or taken the role seriously but what changes have they brought about for supporters by supporters? Bearing in mind any supporters reps are well outnumbered on the board I'm not sure what they can do without the backing of much of the rest of the board anyway. Truthfully I don't think the club need 2 people to report the concerns of the fans to them. They are more than aware of them anyway.

My vote could be won but as it stands I'm not sure it makes one bit difference if I vote or otherwise.

silverhibee

Really.

The only person that needs to have a good look at there self tonight is Pat Stanton, did he really know what he was running for tonight, it wasn't to be a scout or how to run a football club or even become the manager, it was as a fans rep and he only had to answer 2 questions from folk that attended who are Hibs fans just like Pat and he took the hump with both questions, it certainly isn't who i want speaking for me, FFS i would be feared to ask him anything if i seen him in case he took the huff about what i might ask, he should step down as of tonight and let the other 8 fight it out for the votes.

Amit as has been said, speaks a good game but nothing gets backed up by him, this is about the only time we hear from him is when the fans rep comes up for renewal, Frank D, not for me, a bit late in the day for him to start saying he will communicate with fans through twitter social media, he has had 2 years to do that and we still wait, the 2 females came over okay, but I doubt they will be able to back up what is said at board meetings to us the fans.

My opinion, Hibs should scrap this like they did with the loyalty points scheme, it's a waste of time as has been proved in the last 2 years, the fans have brought up plenty things about the club from the nonsense at Ibrox to the pish pies they sell at the kiosks, etc etc, let Leeann and the folk who work for the club do the communicating with the fans but they need to step up as it is still pretty poor and rather than giving bog standard answers to us about things, just get it done and folk will have less to moan about.

Ronniekirk
I have not seen any of the hustings but thier is a clear consesus Pat didnt do himself sny favours I have no idea why he put himself forward , but this was his chance to clear that up and sounds like he has damaged his chances
Love the guy but was never sure this was a post for him

There is a clear role for Fans Reps based on the time Frank and Amit put in but trying to get consensus amongst a support the size of ours is a thanless task for anyone

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2017, 10:21 PM
:agree: still not heard a peep on that one
Tbf to Frank and Amit, that was taken from them by LD.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

et vireta
31-01-2017, 10:22 PM

Clearly not a supporter of Pat Stanton or otherwise you would have avoided insulting the man

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2017, 10:24 PM

Did they tell us that? :greengrin

PiemanP
31-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Just watched the video which is still up on the Facebook link for all to view.

The key for me - like many have said before - is improving communications with the fans via forums like this and social media.

Amit is a very polished speaker and obviously a very intelligent guy, but I've heard next to nothing from him over the last two years. I think one of the reasons he was voted in originally was because he pitched himself well on this site. Unfortunately it's a no from me.

Im undecided on Frank. He's old school and doesn't do technology, which was what was expected of him tbf, but he goes to all the games and does a lot around the club. Might be a good complement to a younger more socially engaged candidate, although not my cup of tea.

i liked both Tracy and Charlene, and I've probably gone full sex-discrimination circle here but I'd quite like one of them on the board because they are female. Might add a bit of balance to what is still a fairly male dominated hierarchy at Hibs. I think Charlene spoke better (mic issues aside!) but perhaps some doubts over her location, although she has dealt with this issue well in questioning.

Young lad Matthew came across well but not for me this time around. Pat - oh dear. Martin Dundas in the green tshirt came across plain rude I'm afraid playing on his phone and slouched in his chair while others were speaking. Wasn't sold by any of the others.

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Fair point . She did

Slavoj Zizek
31-01-2017, 10:27 PM
A big thank you to everyone who went tonight and kept shift punters like me updated. It is VERY much appreciated. #hibsclass :aok:

ancient hibee
It was mentioned at the AGM and then reported on here.

blackpoolhibs
Clearly not a supporter of Pat Stanton or otherwise you would have avoided insulting the man

Thats nonsense, if Pat cant answer a question without losing his rag, then he's not the man to represent the fans.

Whether you like it or not, if appointed he'd get asked all sorts of questions good and bad. He cant get upset every time he does not like a question.

Add in he can't work a computer, and won't bother getting in touch with thousands of fans who can't speak to him in person should disqualify him from even applying for this post in my opinion.

H18 SFR
I've watched the video feed. I'm going to be honest, I don't feel compelled to vote for any of them.

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2017, 10:29 PM

I asked a question, Pat turned defensive. It is a question that has been spoken about on here. The second man's question was decent, but Pat never listened and assumed guy was having a pop, wrongly

C Feeney-Seale
31-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone,

We got more information on the voting process tonight. Voting will be open from the 6th of February to the 6th of March. Each eligible voter will have two votes.

To be eligible, you just need to have a client reference number.

The video of tonight's hustings will be live for 24-48 hours, and after this there are individual videos from the candidates which will be hosted on YouTube.

Cheers,

Charlene

ronaldo7
31-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone,

We got more information on the voting process tonight. Voting will be open from the 6th of February to the 6th of March. Each eligible voter will have two votes.

The video of tonight's hustings will be live for 24-48 hours, and after this there are individual videos from the candidates which will be hosted on YouTube.

Cheers,

Charlene

You've got my vote along with Tracey. Good luck, and keep that feedback coming.:aok:

Forza Fred
31-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Charlene

How does one find out if one has a 'client reference number' .

Distance, and to a lesser degree health issues more recently, have meant that the last time I visited ER was back in 2013.

I am however a subscriber to Hibs TV and my expenditure in the Hibs shop amounts to hundreds of pounds each year.

Can any of the hopeful 'fans reps' tell me if I get a vote, or how I would find out if I do?

givescotlandfreedom
31-01-2017, 10:43 PM
I asked a question, Pat turned defensive. It is a question that has been spoken about on here. The second man's question was decent, but Pat never listened and assumed guy was having a pop, wrongly

I didn't think you were out of line at all and Pat's reaction shocked me.

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2017, 10:45 PM
I didn't think you were out of line at all and Pat's reaction shocked me.

Thank you, nice of you to say that:aok:

HappyHanlon
31-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Pat's chances of being appointed has probably been dented following his run in with a couple of fans. A few points based on watching the Facebook Live broadcast - Pat should have a place on the board outside of being a fans rep, the man bleeds Hibs - A club legend getting questioned as to whether he goes to games because someone has never seen him there is shocking patter. The patsy question was bad enough without his attendance being questioned. - Drinking being brought back to the football....whilst its fantastic to see it in other European grounds, the drinking culture would turn it into a farce within a couple of months. - Charlene came across very clued up on business and would be an asset to the club. - Tracey is very passionate about future Hibs fans and would represent families very well. For me, it's a tricky decision. Every candidate spoke well and its a pity there's only 2 roles available. This is where good communication with the fans is crucial!

C Feeney-Seale
31-01-2017, 10:56 PM

Distance, and to a lesser degree health issues more recently, have meant that the last time I visited ER was back in 2013.

I am however a subscriber to Hibs TV and my expenditure in the Hibs shop amounts to hundreds of pounds each year.

Can any of the hopeful 'fans reps' tell me if I get a vote, or how I would find out if I do?

Hi Forza Fred,

I believe anyone who has bought tickets from the club in the last five or so years should have a client ref, but I'll try to confirm and post back here.

Cheers,

Charlene

Allan M.
31-01-2017, 11:00 PM
My 2p's worth:

Amit Moudgil: Speaks well and it wouldn’t be a disaster if he retained his place. Chances hampered by the obvious “why aren’t you doing that already then?” question.

Gordon Munro: Got the impression that Hibs would simply be his latest ‘cause’ and that seeking office is just what he does.

Charlene Feeney-Seale: Enthusiastic and quite impressive. Pity she lives in London at the moment, though I do recognise her as a regular at away games for many years. Should maybe look to get involved in some less demanding way for now.

Duncan Walker: Seemed to already have his own “pet projects” in mind – alcohol and ticket pricing – neither of which are a priority for me at the moment.

Matthew Gilchrist: Don’t think he’s got a chance, forgettable pitch and no real track record of note.

Frank Dougan: Much better “off the cuff” than reading from his notes. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but he’s approachable, puts the hours in and is in it for the right reasons. I think he’ll (deservedly) keep his place with something to spare.

Martin Dundas: Liked a lot of the substance of what he said, seemed to understand the role and how it could best be done. Unfortunately I suspect most people switched off because of his laid-back delivery and his body language generally.

Tracy Smith: Not a polished performer by any means, but seemed the type who will get things done. Couldn’t be much more different from Dougan in every way imaginable, but I think collectively they’d cover a lot of bases.

Pat Stanton: I’ve always thought that Pat should have a place on the board. I’ve changed my mind tonight. Couldn’t quite believe what I was hearing.

I think it’ll be Frank and Tracy for me, though wouldn’t be unhappy if Martin or Charlene managed to garner enough support.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Just watched the whole thing,very interesting and a bit surprised at the reaction to a couple of the questions. One thing it hopefully has done is to identify to the voters that not everyone is actually suited to the role regardless of their standing and previous experience.

Johnny Clash
31-01-2017, 11:20 PM
I think people are saying they won't vote because they haven't seen any evidence of things changing over last two years. That's a fair point and if we have missed stuff then the two current reps can quickly correct us then explain how come we weren't informed before? Having said that I still think we have to make the best of these reps positions and hopefully our reps will be more pro-active over the next two years. They need to be accountable to the hibs support who are electing them .

Having the ability to elect two non executive directors from seven isn't too shabby so long as the two reps try hard to bring about positive change and don't melt into the background.

So we've heard some ideas tonight that I'm sure will be further developed - regular surgeries, feedback and informing us of issues discussed by our board and the outcomes.

I would encourage everyone to vote. As far as I'm concerned the two directors elected directly by hibs supporters will have that extra endorsement when they speak in the boardroom.

Swedish hibee
31-01-2017, 11:33 PM
I met Tracy in the FF Lower last season, nice friendly lady with lots of passion for the Hibs.

RIP
01-02-2017, 12:02 AM
During the Farmer/Petrie era (if not before) club management started to get remote from the rank and file. We set up LWT but Petrie blanked it and after a promising start it quickly descended into a talking shop.

Fans reps are another manifestation of the same disease i.e. A club with a small to medium turnover yet the board structure of an English Premiership club and a bland corporate culture that excludes grass roots fans from delivering real change.

Lip service sadly, nothing more.

silverhibee
01-02-2017, 12:02 AM

Tbf, we were never told that. :greengrin

Peevemor
01-02-2017, 12:08 AM
During the Farmer/Petrie era (if not before) club management started to get remote from the rank and file. We set up LWT but Petrie blanked it and after a promising start it quickly descended into a talking shop.

Fans reps are another manifestation of the same disease i.e. A club with a small to medium turnover yet the board structure of an English Premiership club and a bland corporate culture that excludes grass roots fans from delivering real change.

Eh ?

The fans get to elect 2 out of 7 board members.

STF is letting the supporters buy the club with he himself making no financial gain.

Sorry, but what do you want them to do?

silverhibee
01-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Thank you, nice of you to say that:aok:

Pat missed a wee trick with your question, rather than lose it, he could have turned it around and made a wee joke about it, something like, "I used to go home and away every week for years and also played as well" and have a wee laugh about it, his response was scary, f*** asking him what he thinks of the pies. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Pat missed a wee trick with your question, rather than lose it, he could have turned it around and made a wee joke about it, something like, "I used to go home and away every week for years and also played as well" and have a wee laugh about it, his response was scary, f*** asking him what he thinks of the pies. :greengrin

I probably could have worded it better. Was trying to establish how he thought he could represent us and how if not at games (when not involved in corporate capacity). Felt he was dismissive of both questions, which was a shame

Andy74
01-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Just watched that. Deeply unimpressive all round. One or two might make half decent supporter liaison reps or something but we shouldn't be having them on the main board.

Won't bother voting. Maybe if numbers become low enough we give up on this experiment.

Watching folk talk about communications skills whilst struggling to communicate is always interesting.

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 01:16 AM
I probably could have worded it better. Was trying to establish how he thought he could represent us and how if not at games (when not involved in corporate capacity). Felt he was dismissive of both questions, which was a shame

I think your question was very valid. Another thread on .net talks about Pat to be made an Honary President of HFC like Dalglish, Charlton & Fergie. Unfortunately he's not in their class. They attend most matches and you won't hear them talking down their clubs.

Forza Fred
01-02-2017, 03:13 AM
Have watched it on Facebook and offer the following comments.

Firstly, I think ALL the candidates deserve praise for being brave enough to stand up in front of the microphone and camera and subject themselves to what can be a very daunting experience, like sitting an exam when we were younger.

I'm sure just like when we left that examination room wondering why we didn't answer in a certain other way, probably most left the stage feeling they could have done better....and sitting in less intimidating surroundings they undoubtedly will.

Even Frank, whom I know from personal experience can talk the hind legs off a donkey, seemed uncharacteristically nervous.

They were standing for fans reps, so the emmms and uhhs were to be expected....generally speaking they are not professional public speakers..and indeed that is not what I judged them on...but how I thought they would perform the role as fans rep.

The ones who impressed me the greatest in this regard, in purely alphabetical order, were Amit, Charlene, Frank and Tracey, and if I was a betting man I'd say the reps will come from that 4, plus Pat who can never be discounted in any Hibs related venture..

Interesting to note that I posed a question on here earlier to ALL hopefuls asking about the voting rights, and while I am pretty sure all the candidates would have been following this thread closely, only one, Charlene, responded.

Harsh on the others perhaps, but says a lot for Charlene (whom I do not know).

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2017, 03:17 AM
Just finished watching the presentations, after a break half way through to watch match of the day :greengrin

I didn't judge anybody on their presentation style, its hard to speak in public if you aren't used to it even on a subject you are passionate about .... but I found most of the actual content to be pretty bland and lacking in the passion I would have expected.

Of the two current incumbents I found Amit to be by a mile the most professional, though like others I wasn't that impressed with his sudden conversion to the cause of feedback on a regular and more consistent basis ... why now and not before? .... that being said I could see myself voting for him. Frank .... just came across as the Dinosaur I thought he might be, perhaps that's unfair but its the impression I got.

Charlene came across pretty well ... her distance from ER is an issue, but on the other hand anybody who comes all the way from London to watch matches cant really have their commitment questioned.

I liked Tracey a lot, of all the candidates she struck me as the one who was closest to being the person you would sit next to at games and get on with and she seems to already have made a huge effort to engage with supporters input to the club and to have put her money where her mouth is too ....... she will definitely get my vote:aok:

Somebody else on here said they thought Gordon was just the sort of guy who will put himself forward for anything and try to make it a personal cause and I tend to agree ..... half way through his blurb I had visions of ER being turned into an autonomous workers collective .... perhaps not a bad thing :greengrin, but I wasn't all that impressed.

The rest you could throw a blanket over to be honest ..... pretty bland.

Then we come to Mr Stanton:

I just didn't get it at all ..... In spite of making it clear that he thought the club had ignored the fans far too often in the past, which was a good start, he then seemed to think he was applying for the job of manager or director of football and by the looks of other comments by folk on here and Facebook I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

He was asked a question ( by Baldy Foghorn ) which in his status as club legend could possibly have been seen as disrespectful, but which in his position as a guy standing for the position of fans rep on the board certainly wasn't in my opinion. I was taken aback by Pat's prickly response and the speed at which he jumped to it ..... I didn't think it was an appropriate way to behave for a guy applying for a post where interpersonal skill is one of the most vital components and his just as poor response to the next question he was asked didn't help matters, seeming to take offence where clearly none was intended.

The other thing that struck me from that exchange was that from his reply Pat didn't give me the impression ( I stand to be corrected ) that he does in fact attend matches home or away, in fact it seems that the cup final was the last time he watched Hibs play ..... and yet he waxed lyrical about the quality of the current team and the super group of youngsters we have coming through as if he had personal knowledge of both the first team and the development squad .... if he hasn't watched the first team since May I highly doubt he has seen many development matches.

Sorry, but club legend or not I expect somebody applying for these posts to at the very least attend the majority of Hibs home games and when they talk about the quality of the clubs playing staff I expect someone like Pat more than any other candidate standing on that platform tonight to base that on more than watching Hibs on the telly a few times and on good noises they have heard coming out of East Mains.

I still think Pat Stanton is a strong favourite to get one of the posts, but only if the majority of folk who are going to vote didn't see his performance this evening .............. I've made no secret of the fact that I wasn't keen on Pat standing for one of these posts in the first place and to be honest all tonight did was reinforce that view.

Forza Fred
01-02-2017, 03:32 AM
Just finished watching the presentations, after a break half way through to watch match of the day :greengrin

I didn't judge anybody on their presentation style, its hard to speak in public if you aren't used to it even on a subject you are passionate about .... but I found most of the actual content to be pretty bland and lacking in the passion I would have expected.

Of the two current incumbents I found Amit to be by a mile the most professional, though like others I wasn't that impressed with his sudden conversion to the cause of feedback on a regular and more consistent basis ... why now and not before? .... that being said I could see myself voting for him. Frank .... just came across as the Dinosaur I thought he might be, perhaps that's unfair but its the impression I got.

Charlene came across pretty well ... her distance from ER is an issue, but on the other hand anybody who comes all the way from London to watch matches cant really have their commitment questioned.

I liked Tracey a lot, of all the candidates she struck me as the one who was closest to being the person you would sit next to at games and get on with and she seems to already have made a huge effort to engage with supporters input to the club and to have put her money where her mouth is too ....... she will definitely get my vote:aok:

Somebody else on here said they thought Gordon was just the sort of guy who will put himself forward for anything and try to make it a personal cause and I tend to agree ..... half way through his blurb I had visions of ER being turned into an autonomous workers collective .... perhaps not a bad thing :greengrin, but I wasn't all that impressed.

I just didn't get it at all ..... In spite of making it clear that he thought the club had ignored the fans far too often in the past, which was a good start, he then seemed to think he was applying for the job of manager or director of football and by the looks of other comments by folk on here and Facebook I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

He was asked a question ( by Baldy Foghorn ) which in his status as club legend could possibly have been seen as disrespectful, but which in his position as a guy standing for the position of fans rep on the board certainly wasn't in my opinion. I was taken aback by Pat's prickly response and the speed at which he jumped to it ..... I didn't think it was an appropriate way to behave for a guy applying for a post where interpersonal skill is one of the most vital components.

The other thing that struck me from that exchange was that from his reply Pat didn't give me the impression ( I stand to be corrected ) that he does in fact attend matches home or away, in fact it seems that the cup final was the last time he watched Hibs play ..... and yet he waxed lyrical about the quality of the current team and the super group of youngsters we have coming through as if he had personal knowledge of both the first team and the development squad .... if he hasn't watched the first team since May I highly doubt he has seen many development matches.

Sorry, but club legend or not I expect somebody applying for these posts to at the very least attend the majority of Hibs home games and when they talk about the quality of the clubs playing staff I expect someone like Pat more than any other candidate standing on that platform tonight to base that on more than watching Hibs on the telly a few times and on good noises they have heard coming out of East Mains.

I still think Pat Stanton is a strong favourite to get one of the posts, but only if the majority of folk who are going to vote didn't see his performance this evening .............. I've made no secret of the fact that I wasn't keen on Pat standing for one of these posts in the first place and to be honest all tonight did was reinforce that view.

Some good points, but not sure that Charlene living in London ïs än issue".

She attends most games and its only a one hour flight away

Its not as if she is expected to frequent the HIbsclub or Four In Hand every night to be fair.

Never knew of her existence before to be honest, but she certainly impressed me....and from someone who used to give corporate presentations himself, noticed a couple of subtle 'skills'' she employed.....like standing (or trying to) in FRONT of the lectern, and asking the questioner's name........she came across as enthusiastic, knowledgeable and professional.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2017, 03:46 AM
Some good points, but not sure that Charlene living in London ïs än issue".

She attends most games and its only a one hour flight away

Its not as if she is expected to frequent the HIbsclub or Four In Hand every night to be fair.

Never knew of her existence before to be honest, but she certainly impressed me....and from someone who used to give corporate presentations himself, noticed a couple of subtle 'skills'' she employed.....like standing (or trying to) in FRONT of the lectern, and asking the questioner's name........she came across as enthusiastic, knowledgeable and professional.

I agree ... as I said you certainly cant question her enthusiasm for the club if she flies up to Edinburgh to attend matches .... hell I think I'm an uber fan because I have to drive 40 miles to every home game :greengrin

Her presentation style wasn't lost on me either Forza ...... her attempt to move from behind the lectern and asking the questioner his name are on page one chapter one of how to engage your audience .... obviously a lassie who knows what she is doing. As I said, I was impressed by Amit to an extent, but of the one vote I have left that isn't going to Tracey Charlene is well in the running.

Forza Fred
01-02-2017, 04:18 AM
I agree ... as I said you certainly cant question her enthusiasm for the club if she flies up to Edinburgh to attend matches .... hell I think I'm an uber fan because I have to drive 40 miles to every home game :greengrin

Her presentation style wasn't lost on me either Forza ...... her attempt to move from behind the lectern and asking the questioner his name are on page one chapter one of how to engage your audience .... obviously a lassie who knows what she is doing. As I said, I was impressed by Amit to an extent, but of the one vote I have left that isn't going to Tracey Charlene is well in the running.

As someone who spent some of his early years just doon the road from you in Melrose, those 40 odd miles on what was the A 7, are well known to me.😀

traceyhibs
01-02-2017, 08:09 AM

Hi there,

The ticket office will be able to tell you if you have a client reference number.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 08:19 AM
The whole thing was cringeworthy.

Having the nine of them sitting there for over an hour as each made their speech was awful planning. They should have invited each nominee up on stage in turns.

Want to get elected to the Hibs board and turn up wearing jeans and a t shirt?? Really?

The question to Pat about away games was just ridiculous, clearly personal issues there.

Frank Dougan? Absolutely no way he represents Hibs fans, he can barely speak yet the main concern from everyone in the room was to do with communication.

Please just scrap the idea now. Shambles.

Allant1981
01-02-2017, 08:24 AM
The whole thing was cringeworthy.

Having the nine of them sitting there for over an hour as each made their speech was awful planning. They should have invited each nominee up on stage in turns.

Want to get elected to the Hibs board and turn up wearing jeans and a t shirt?? Really?

The question to Pat about away games was just ridiculous, clearly personal issues there.

Frank Dougan? Absolutely no way he represents Hibs fans, he can barely speak yet the main concern from everyone in the room was to do with communication.

Please just scrap the idea now. Shambles.

i didnt think it was cringeworthy, good to hear from the different candidates, the guy with the persevered t shirt looked as though he fell asleep at one point but turned out he was looking at his phone, didnt think the question to pat was that bad, how can anyone represent fans when he doesnt go to games or know how to work a computer? seemed like he didnt really want to go for the position

MB62
01-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Just finished watching the presentations,

I just didn't get it at all .....

He was asked a question ( by Baldy Foghorn ) which in his status as club legend could possibly have been seen as disrespectful, but which in his position as a guy standing for the position of fans rep on the board certainly wasn't in my opinion. I was taken aback by Pat's prickly response and the speed at which he jumped to it ..... I didn't think it was an appropriate way to behave for a guy applying for a post where interpersonal skill is one of the most vital components and his just as poor response to the next question he was asked didn't help matters.

I still think Pat Stanton is a strong favourite to get one of the posts, but only if the majority of folk who are going to vote didn't see his performance this evening.

Probably the one presentation I was looking forward to hearing most, turned out to be THE most cringe worthy of them all. For, someone, ANYONE, never mind a club legend and personal hero of mine, to be standing for FANS representative then proceed to verbally ATTACK the fans he is looking to represent, was totally embarrassing.
I didn't like the question to Pat but he couldn't have handled it any worse.

Stantons Angel
01-02-2017, 08:39 AM

He was asked a question ( by Baldy Foghorn ) which in his status as club legend could possibly have been seen as disrespectful, but which in his position as a guy standing for the position of fans rep on the board certainly wasn't in my opinion. I was taken aback by Pat's prickly response and the speed at which he jumped to it ..... I didn't think it was an appropriate way to behave for a guy applying for a post where interpersonal skill is one of the most vital components and his just as poor response to the next question he was asked didn't help matters, seeming to take offence where clearly none was intended.

I still think Pat Stanton is a strong favourite to get one of the posts, but only if the majority of folk who are going to vote didn't see his performance this evening .............. I've made no secret of the fact that I wasn't keen on Pat standing for one of these posts in the first place and to be honest all tonight did was reinforce that view.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but i have to reply.

Where i agree with your well worded post giving your views on the contestants which i find very clear and precise.

You are quite right in saying the original question asked of Pat may have been taken as being disrespectful to his status as a Hibs legend. That was the way i immediately took it too! I wonder why though that this same question was not put to Amit, Charlene and others on the stage last night?

He responded in a manner i have never seen from him before and i agree it did not go down well. Think about it though.....
This is one of the most highly regarded players in Hibs history, he played for the jersey because he loved the club not for the money he really deserved to earn.

To ask him if he goes to away games, well what does that mean? He attends the home games and is present at some away games when not working on behalf of the SFA most Saturday afternoon. The SFA think he is knowledgeable about the game to ask him to watch on their behalf and report on players, stadia and fans to see if improvements can be made.

He like a lot of us works during the week and cant make the development games, wish i could but i work too.

I sometimes come on here and despair of people trying to compete with each other for the Best Hibby, the fans rep post is not about who goes to all the games, who has more loyalty points, who is a season ticket holder or who shouts the loudest!!!

Its about what you and i if standing can do for the fans who want their voices heard. Maybe Pat should not have lost the rag at the questions or maybe the questions should have been better worded or put over.

Its been done now and the consequences will be seen in the voting.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Pat was at the Morton away game in December, spoke to him at ht

Brightside
01-02-2017, 09:05 AM
But Charlene is being questioned about living in London...so is it not fair to ask another candidate if he attends the games? The point was that he mainly went on about knowing what its take to play for the hibs, to build a good team etc. Thats nothing to do with the role. Give him a role at the club by all means but not a role like this that doesnt suit him in the slightest.

MB62
01-02-2017, 09:09 AM
But Charlene is being questioned about living in London...so is it not fair to ask another candidate if he attends the games? The point was that he mainly went on about knowing what its take to play for the hibs, to build a good team etc. That's nothing to do with the role. Give him a role at the club by all means but not a role like this that doesn't suit him in the slightest.

:agree:

Peevemor
01-02-2017, 09:12 AM

Where i agree with your well worded post giving your views on the contestants which i find very clear and precise.

You are quite right in saying the original question asked of Pat may have been taken as being disrespectful to his status as a Hibs legend. That was the way i immediately took it too! I wonder why though that this same question was not put to Amit, Charlene and others on the stage last night?

He responded in a manner i have never seen from him before and i agree it did not go down well. Think about it though.....
This is one of the most highly regarded players in Hibs history, he played for the jersey because he loved the club not for the money he really deserved to earn.

To ask him if he goes to away games, well what does that mean? He attends the home games and is present at some away games when not working on behalf of the SFA most Saturday afternoon. The SFA think he is knowledgeable about the game to ask him to watch on their behalf and report on players, stadia and fans to see if improvements can be made.

Fair enough, but to what point is he affected by or even aware of the issues that "ordinary" supporters confront?
What's his view on the loyalty point scheme? Does he know that there was one and how it worked? Does he know it's been scrapped?
Does he have to worry about getting a ticket for the cup game at Tynie and how the tickets are being sold?
Has he experienced the problems that can be encountered by trying to buy tickets by telephone or online?

He like a lot of us works during the week and cant make the development games, wish i could but i work too.

I sometimes come on here and despair of people trying to compete with each other for the Best Hibby, the fans rep post is not about who goes to all the games, who has more loyalty points, who is a season ticket holder or who shouts the loudest!!!

Its about what you and i if standing can do for the fans who want their voices heard. Maybe Pat should not have lost the rag at the questions or maybe the questions should have been better worded or put over.

I don't think anyone questions Pat's love of Hibs or his commitment to the club. He remains a club legend and is seen as such even by those too young to have seen him play (I'm almost 50 and never saw him play 'in the flesh').

For me, the fans' reps should be people who have the same issues/experience as any ordinary fan. Pat Stanton is anything but an ordinary fan.

01-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Sorry if its already been mentioned but when/how do we cast our vote?

lord bunberry
01-02-2017, 10:05 AM
I thought the question to pat was completely irrelevant to the role and I'm not really sure why it was asked, but he really shouldn't have lost it with the guy who asked it.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 10:21 AM

Its been done now and the consequences will be seen in the voting.[/QUOTE]

Still awaiting your apology......

scoopyboy
01-02-2017, 10:25 AM

Still awaiting your apology......[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that mate. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 10:32 AM
posts are all out of sync. Scoopyboy I was the one who asked for an apology to being called an idiot, by SA.

Stantons Angel
01-02-2017, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=Peevemor;4927571]Fair enough, but to what point is he affected by or even aware of the issues that "ordinary" supporters confront?
What's his view on the loyalty point scheme? Does he know that there was one and how it worked? Does he know it's been scrapped?
Does he have to worry about getting a ticket for the cup game at Tynie and how the tickets are being sold?
Has he experienced the problems that can be encountered by trying to buy tickets by telephone or online?

These are the things I thought might have been asked of all the contestants last night. Straight forward points that do affect the ordinary supporter and not if he goes to away games?

From experience I can confirm that he does have the same Issues getting tickets for games from Hibs as we do but again these things were what I wanted to hear being asked of all those present.

scoopyboy
01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
posts are all out of sync. Scoopyboy I was the one who asked for an apology to being called an idiot, by SA.

I replied to your bit I highlighted.

Sorry to hear that you are working.

You shouldn't have to do that IMHO

Tom Hart RIP
01-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Just watched Pat's speech and q&a. Can I ask anyone who is voting to watch on Facebook.
I read this thread last night and was disappointed to hear of Pat's performance.
I admit it was not great but In my opinion not as bad as most are making out.
Pat clearly took offence to the first question which seemed to me to suggest that he was just a front man for others with presumably hidden motive.
The fan then said that he hadn't seen Pat at games home or away and Pat responded by asking if that proved he didn't go? He then said that he hadn't seen the fan at any games so did that prove the fan didn't go. He then said he thought it was a silly question.
It could and should have been handled better but after watching I am not ruling out voting for Pat.
10 minutes last night did not reduce the respect that I hold for him. I intend to watch the others before deciding.
I also have the utmost respect for frank and Amit. I see and speak to Frank regularly at U20s games and met Amit Behind the Goals one day and he was able to persuade me to join HSL.

Forza Fred
01-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Just watched Pat's speech and q&a. Can I ask anyone who is voting to watch on Facebook.
I read this thread last night and was disappointed to hear of Pat's performance.
I admit it was not great but In my opinion not as bad as most are making out.
Pat clearly took offence to the first question which seemed to me to suggest that he was just a front man for others with presumably hidden motive.
The fan then said that he hadn't seen Pat at games home or away and Pat responded by asking if that proved he didn't go? He then said that he hadn't seen the fan at any games so did that prove the fan didn't go. He then said he thought it was a silly question.
It could and should have been handled better but after watching I am not ruling out voting for Pat.
10 minutes last night did not reduce the respect that I hold for him. I intend to watch the others before deciding.
I also have the utmost respect for frank and Amit. I see and speak to Frank regularly at U20s games and met Amit Behind the Goals one day and he was able to persuade me to join HSL.

I watched the Facebook relay after reading this thread and I too, really didn't see what all the fuss was about in regard to PAt.

I really don't think it will put any more than a few off voting for him, and certainly not enough to make any kind of impact.

If elected though, he will need to accept that he may be asked what he may consider to be 'silly' questions.

C Feeney-Seale
01-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Sorry if its already been mentioned but when/how do we cast our vote?

Hi,

Voting will open on 6 February and remain open until 6 March. You'll get 2 votes, and all fans who have a client reference number will be eligible. I think voting will be through the website like last time, but will let you know once that's confirmed.

Cheers,

Charlene

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi,

Voting will open on 6 February and remain open until 6 March. You'll get 2 votes, and all fans who have a client reference number will be eligible. I think voting will be through the website like last time, but will let you know once that's confirmed.

Cheers,

Charlene

Any idea why voting process lasts a Month Charlene?

Edina Erin
01-02-2017, 12:51 PM
That was me, after a simple question he lost the plot, can you kindly not call me an idiot

But you knew the answer to this question Brocks - you had been warming up to ask it for a few days.
What would you have done if he had said yes? You would have started arguing with him because you already knew the answer.

I watched the stream and I can't remember you asking anyone else the same question.
You've also been pretty critical of Amit in the past, but let's give these guys a break - it's a new role, their effectively making it up as they go along, but deserve credit for giving up their time and putting themselves in the firing line for no reward.
Just out of interest, have you raised any issues with either of the fans reps in the past two years?

To be honest, I expected you to be on the list of candidates this year:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 01:01 PM
But you knew the answer to this question Brocks - you had been warming up to ask it for a few days.
What would you have done if he had said yes? You would have started arguing with him because you already knew the answer.

I watched the stream and I can't remember you asking anyone else the same question.
You've also been pretty critical of Amit in the past, but let's give these guys a break - it's a new role, their effectively making it up as they go along, but deserve credit for giving up their time and putting themselves in the firing line for no reward.
Just out of interest, have you raised any issues with either of the fans reps in the past two years?

To be honest, I expected you to be on the list of candidates this year:wink:

You were only allowed to ask two questions of each candidate, others were asking questions too. Just wanted to know why Pat was standing?

Have raised lots of issues with fans reps.

Conflict of interest for me in running a Branch/Bus, so never bothered

Edina Erin
01-02-2017, 01:15 PM
You were only allowed to ask two questions of each candidate, others were asking questions too. Just wanted to know why Pat was standing?

Have raised lots of issues with fans reps.

Conflict of interest for me in running a Branch/Bus, so never bothered

But the question was about going to away games, not why Pat was standing.
How's your experience been raising issues with fans reps - a positive one? Have you used Amit and Frank?
Confused on how it would be a conflict of interest with you running a branch - surely that puts you in a good position?

In my view Pat shouldn't have been standing, but that he should have some form of ambassador role.
I think where Frank and Amit missed a trick last night was in not providing examples of when they have had something raised with them and have seen it through to a positive conclusion. What they described were examples of them acting as the Boards Fans representatives ( visiting hospitals, hospices etc) as opposed to representing the views of the fans to the Board.
Amit helping out with the scouting admin or Frank visiting a hospice aren't examples of them represented the views of the fans to the board - it sounds like they're being used as an extra par of hands by the Board - which isn't my understanding of the role.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 01:19 PM
How's your experience been raising issues with fans reps - a positive one? Have you used Amit and Frank?
Confused on how it would be a conflict of interest with you running a branch - surely that puts you in a good position?

In my view Pat shouldn't have been standing, but that he should have some form of ambassador role.
I think where Frank and Amit missed a trick last night was in not providing examples of when they have had something raised with them and have seen it through to a positive conclusion. What they described were examples of them acting as the Boards Fans representatives ( visiting hospitals, hospices etc) as opposed to representing the views of the fans to the Board.
Amit helping out with the scouting admin or Frank visiting a hospice aren't examples of them represented the views of the fans to the board - it sounds like they're being used as an extra par of hands by the Board - which isn't my understanding of the role.

I asked Pat why he was standing, was he being pushed into it. How was he going to communicate with fans?

Issues with raising points with reps has been negative, not sure the positions are needed....

hibeerealist

Very disturbed by what the previous poster says Baldy, did you say the things he states to Pat Stanton? If you did then why to Pat and no other candidates? Sounds like you are the one that has been "put up" to something rather than Pat.

I cant understand why you would commence the questions as you did other than if you had an agenda or even a grudge.

Sad that the whole thing is being sabotaged by the likes of you.

Aye you might be a Hibs' supporter however i will end it at that!

Jay
But Charlene is being questioned about living in London...so is it not fair to ask another candidate if he attends the games? The point was that he mainly went on about knowing what its take to play for the hibs, to build a good team etc. Thats nothing to do with the role. Give him a role at the club by all means but not a role like this that doesnt suit him in the slightest.

This is my thoughts too.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 01:20 PM
very disturbed by what the previous poster says baldy, did you say the things he states to pat stanton? If you did then why to pat and no other candidates? Sounds like you are the one that has been "put up" to something rather than pat.

I cant understand why you would commence the questions as you did other than if you had an agenda or even a grudge.

sad that the whole thing is being sabotaged by the likes of you.

aye you might be a hibs' supporter however i will end it at that!

what???????? the likes of me???

You have obviously never met me, so less of the nonsense, if you don't mind

Peevemor
01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
what????????

Asking questions at a Q&A session! Whatever next? :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Asking questions at a Q&A session! Whatever next? :rolleyes:

Not asking questions, sabotaging no less:rolleyes:

Peevemor
01-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Not asking questions, sabotating no less:rolleyes:

Sabotating? Were you touching yourself at the same time? :greengrin

truehibernian
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Sorry for 1) my ignorance and 2) laziness in trying to search for it, but is there a defined 'role and responsibility' profile for being a fans rep on the Board ?

If there is, can anyone post a link or share this information ?

If not, for me anyway, there should be at least an outline of the role, an idea the club have of time that should ideally be afforded to the role to ensure it has impact (positive), any 'powers' devolved to the role, training, etc ?

My one overall criticism of the potential reps were their poor presentation skills - communicating the thoughts and ideas of the support to the Board, and promoting the club in the wider community, is, I would have thought, the overall 'vision' of this project. Any of those elected, and please don't take this the wrong way, need to communicate far better and would all benefit from training on how to present better. I understand the pressures of presenting to an audience, but as a fans rep you could be sitting in the Boardroom one minute, next speaking to an audience of school children promoting the club. Sounds pedantic but you could all do with some training here.

Mikey
01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask Pat Stanton if someone's working him from behind given his initial backing of buyhibs.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Sabotating? Were you touching yourself at the same time? :greengrin

Nearly :greengrin

JimBHibees
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM
[/QUOTE]

Its been done now and the consequences will be seen in the voting.[/QUOTE]

Why didnt he say that then?

Andy74
01-02-2017, 01:34 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask Pat Stanton if someone's working him from behind given his initial backing of buyhibs.

A good point and I think some of the 'protecting' of Pat is a bit over the top - if he is going to stand he can be questioned as people see fit.

I was a bit shocked at the way he approached last night. I don't think I've been in his company before and had a very different expectation of how he would present himself.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-02-2017, 02:08 PM

Exactly why I think anyone going for rep would be wise to dip into a few of the meetings to gauge where things are.'

CyberSauzee
01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Hi,

Cheers,

Charlene

Only voting through the website? Looking at some replies to other threads on here today some people will want to vote in person or over the phone!

PS Spoke to you at length about a certain race on Saturday 😉

Leith Mo
01-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I note a previous poster (bus convenor/branch chair)saying his experience of dealing with Frank and Amit as Supporters Reps has not been positive and obviously I don't know the circumstances of those contacts. However, as I have said before no disrespect to Frank (or indeed any of the other candidates) my experience of dealing with Amit particularly regarding travel arrangements has always been received professionally, courteously and the situation explained/ resolved wherever possible. I'd urge people to give him another stint as a result as his work has (quietly and yes maybe he missed a trick in not seeking to nor publicisung it more openly) benefited myself and a number of supporters I know. I'm also aware of him helping out a lower league club in procuring some much needed equipment beyond their own resources for which Hibs no longer had/required a use (though as said I didn't hear it from him nor read about it in the papers nor on here nor heard it shouted from the rooftops). The guy knows his stuff and is an asset to the role.

et vireta
01-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I asked Pat why he was standing, was he being pushed into it. How was he going to communicate with fans?

Issues with raising points with reps has been negative, not sure the positions are needed....

As the person who asked the question and in light of some comments on here, I need to ask you the following question

Do you believe Pat Stanton attends Hibs games ?

Simple question simple reply please.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 02:34 PM
As the person who asked the question and in light of some comments on here, I need to ask you the following question

Are you going to ask everyone that question?

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 02:34 PM

No comment

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2017, 03:13 PM
A good point and I think some of the 'protecting' of Pat is a bit over the top - if he is going to stand he can be questioned as people see fit.

I was a bit shocked at the way he approached last night. I don't think I've been in his company before and had a very different expectation of how he would present himself.

This is exactly why I didn't want Pat to stand for this role. My whole argument was that I didn't want to see a club legend open himself up to criticism from the clubs fans or end up in a situation where he was at odds with them. He hasn't even been elected yet and already we have arguments which are purely being caused by a single question which some people found disrespectful, not least Pat himself .... and therein lies the problem .... club legend or not, if you put your head above the parapet you have to expect to be shot at and if you or anybody else thinks who you are should make you immune from that this isn't the job for you.

If one of the other candidates had been asked the same questions as Pat was nobody would have batted an eyelid, at least not to the extent where they were jumping to their defence on here or elsewhere.
To suggest that whether or not somebody applying for a position where they are supposed to be representing us ( the fans ) goes to matches is irrelevant is just barmy .... of course its relevant. I would take a dim view of any applicant who went 'oh aye ah love the club, but not to the extent where I actually go to the bother of watching them play' ........ in what world can that put somebody front and centre as somebody who is in touch with the supporters? .... no matter who they are.

I have met Pat Stanton, many years ago, and he was an utter gentleman ...... I have the utmost respect for him and would never question his love of this club. I would love to see the club give him the honourary role he so richly deserves and should have been given years ago, which is why I started a thread saying so. I have no doubt he would make a great ambassador for the club. I do not think he will make a good fans representative on the board ... sorry Pat.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 03:17 PM

As an aside, I think it's important that all voters know who does and doesn't attend games. For some, that takes on greater importance than it does for others.

From my viewing of last night's meeting, I think I could tell who is and who isn't a regular attendee. I'll make my own mind up on how significant that is for me.

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2017, 04:35 PM

His response of "I went to the cup final" would indicate to me that he DOESN'T attend that regularly.

et vireta
01-02-2017, 07:03 PM
No comment

Strange answer

You regularly comment on things but can't or won't answer that question. strange indeed.

Won't labour this point.

Will let all the fair-minded people draw their own conclusions.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2017, 07:23 PM
I've read this thread from start to finish and I can't really see what BF has done wrong. Might not be the questions I would have led with but they aren't entirely without foundation or unacceptable questions. The nature of the response supports that imo.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Strange answer

You regularly comment on things but can't or won't answer that question. strange indeed.

Won't labour this point.

Don't know you, don't have to give answer. I'll let fair minded people draw their own conclusions too, democracy and all that

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 07:30 PM
I've read this thread from start to finish and I can't really see what BF has done wrong. Might not be the questions I would have led with but they aren't entirely without foundation or unacceptable questions. The nature of the response supports that imo.

Cheers S, been called an idiot, accused of sabotaging meeting, and disturbed some with my questions on this thread. Thing is are you just meant to keep quiet because of who person is, or ask a question that I felt passionate about?

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Didn't need to ask him that in such a manner. You did it to embarrass him.

You had the chance to talk to all the candidates after the initial speeches. Why didn't you wait and ask him in a less public way?

How many games do all the other candidates go to? Do you feel passionately about them too?

It was a needless dig at Stanton.

scoopyboy
01-02-2017, 07:48 PM
I wasn't there last night and haven't watched the presentations online.

What I will say is that in my opinion it is important that the reps attend home an away games on a regular basis.

As someone who attends the vast majority of Hibs games and helps run a supporters bus I don't particularly want to explain my issues or concerns to people who don't go to games.

For example at Ibrox last season it took hours to get out the car park that our buses and cars were wedged into. I do think that reps who have been to Ibrox as a fan can relate to that and therefore are better placed to help me and other fans.

McD
01-02-2017, 07:58 PM
That's what frustrated me. I'm still not sure what many/any are bringing to the table as fans reps.

I don't care if you're a great accountant and can read a balance sheet. We have a finance director. I don't care you're a great recruitment consultant. We have a football recruitment consultant. I don't care you're a good councillor, can spot a player or whatever else. I don't even care you're a good fan who goes to a lot of games and 'bleeds green'. So do I but I don't think I'd be suitable for the role. You are campaigning to be a fans rep. Tell me why you are going to be good at that, even if that means outlining the transferable skills in your current role.

Tbh I think only the 2 ladies and to a lesser extent Frank really got close to 'nailing the brief'. I was switching off during most of the others.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice there PB

Beefster
01-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Cheers S, been called an idiot, accused of sabotaging meeting, and disturbed some with my questions on this thread. Thing is are you just meant to keep quiet because of who person is, or ask a question that I felt passionate about?

Let's be honest, you asked a question that you already knew the answer to. The only reason to do that IMHO is to highlight the fact that Stanton isn't a 'die-hard' and presumably lose him some votes from those who think that's a prerequisite. I've no issue with you doing that but let's call it what it was.

About the entire charade in general, both of the incumbents have utterly failed to represent and communicate with the wider support. It's a bit rich for them both to be suddenly promising vast improvements now that they're up for re-election (I reckon >90% of the times I've ever seen anything from Amit have been within a month of both elections). I can't see why either deserves another shot.

Forza Fred
01-02-2017, 08:11 PM

I think the perception/reality that Amit and Frank have been used as mainly additional resources, is something that casts doubt on the value of the roles.

That is in no way, Frank or Amit's fault, who were appointed to the roles with no kind of road map.

While I have been critical of the level of communication from the two fans reps, I do not for one minute doubt their sincerity or personal effort.

While the role is supposedly to 'represent the fans views to the board'....an obvious question could be, with all the forms of instant communication these days......is it really needed?

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 08:14 PM

You had the chance to talk to all the candidates after the initial speeches. Why didn't you wait and ask him in a less public way?

How many games do all the other candidates go to? Do you feel passionately about them too?

To embarrass Pat, get a grip !!!!!!!

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Let's be honest, you asked a question that you already knew the answer to. The only reason to do that IMHO is to highlight the fact that Stanton isn't a 'die-hard' and presumably lose him some votes from those who think that's a prerequisite. I've no issue with you doing that but let's call it what it was.

:agree: it certainly appears that way.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 08:19 PM

About the entire charade in general, both of the incumbents have utterly failed to represent and communicate with the wider support. It's a bit rich for them both to be suddenly promising vast improvements now that they're up for re-election (I reckon >90% of the times I've ever seen anything from Amit have been within a month of both elections). I can't see why either deserves another shot.

I asked Pat if he was being pushed into role, also asked about being the quiet man, and how he would represent us.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM

Dont know how true that is, but its probably right. Even if it is, Pat cant be answering like he did. If the club reps were doing their job how we'd all like it to be, IE answering questions about club matters, he will get many many questions he may not like.

Answering like he did was just plain madness in my opinion.

Communication is what the job is all about, one has done bits and pieces, the other virtually nothing that i have seen.

The job needs someone like the two girls, who are naturals at it and don't see a computer as the enemy.

McD
01-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Strange answer

Won't labour this point.

Are you going to continue to go on about this? Everyone there, including BF, were entitled to ask questions they felt important, whether you felt them to be important, irrelevant, argumentative or otherwise doesn't matter, you weren't asking it or being asked it.

All of the 9 put themselves forward as a nominee, and as such can and should have expected questions that may have not pleased them, that comes with the territory. If Pat (or any others for that matter) don't want to do that, they can choose to stand down if they wish, there's no mandatory requirement to stand.

Whether BF asked the same questions to any other nominee is irrelevant, it's his choice to ask which questions to whom.

et vireta
01-02-2017, 08:52 PM
I asked Pat if he was being pushed into role, also asked about being the quiet man, and how he would represent us.

You asked Pat if he was being pushed into role ?? What ?!!

If someone had asked me that question publicly I would have felt totally belittled ,demeaned and probably would have probably wanted to walk off the stage.

Pat done the next best thing, he came out fighting ,fighting to protect his good name and reputation.

Baldy tonight folks has given us the reason Pat answered in the manner that he did!

I would finish by saying that Pat had the strength to answer a question.
What about you ?

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2017, 09:07 PM

If someone had asked me that question publicly I would have felt totally belittled ,demeaned and probably would have probably wanted to walk off the stage.

Pat done the next best thing, he came out fighting ,fighting to protect his good name and reputation.

Baldy tonight folks has given us the reason Pat answered in the manner that he did!

What about you ?

Its not a secret, it was on live stream

McD
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM

What about you ?

Gie it a rest

no one asked you the question, publicly or otherwise.

Pat put put himself up as a nominee, and partook in the hustings, thereby agreeing to be asked questions about his suitability as a candidate. He also didn't do the next best thing, he took humbrage when he could have handled it better as would be befitting a potential voluntary elected director.

BSEJVT
01-02-2017, 09:32 PM
If ever a thread encapsulated why Fans Reps on the board is an utterly futile gesture this is it.

As far as I can see other than acting in a ceremonial / administrative capacity they have failed in the eyes of many in their role which as far as I can see was never properly defined in the first place and which they consequently had no chance of succeeding in.

We now have a situation where the hustings event has become a giant rammy with some rushing to defend Pat Stanton, who whatever the "provocation" and his past history with the club. showed himself as being utterly incapable of fulfilling the role for which he was applying.

Truth be told he never was and I said as much when he was first mooted as a candidate.

I have great personal regard for Pat Stanton, my profile picture which has never changed since I got and never will bears testament to that, but Pat applied for the role for entirely the wrong reasons, it being more about Pat than for the benefit of the club, as he simply doesn't have the skill set required and is trading on his legend and I have to say that it saddens me that he reached a situation where he had to do so. The club should have independently recognised and rewarded the regard with which is held by the Hibs support aeons ago.

His ill judged support for Buy Hibs should have had those who profess to support him thinking about his suitability for the role and they should have saved him from himself as his actions around buy Hibs and last nights debacle have tarnished his legend, hopefully temporarily.

I had to laugh at one of et vitera's comments earlier in the thread "We need integrity and someone who is not there on an ego trip"

If his application for the role wasn't an ego trip for Pat then I have no idea what an ego trip is.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2017, 09:54 PM

What about you ?
You have to put the question into historical context. There are those who believe or suspect that Pat has been used as a figurehead by others in the past.

In that light, it's an understandable question.

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 10:08 PM

Even if you did do all the above that you are accused of. You still took the time to attend the meeting, which I believe was a very poor turn out.

madhatter
01-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Communication from the club is still at a fairly poor level. We don't need to know the ins and outs of every decision etc. but a lot of things are still in the dark and considering how we are progressing towards fan ownership to be in the dark to the extent we are is a little concerning - lets be honest the "re-focus on footballing matters and sporting achievement" is good and obviously the Scottish Cup is a brilliant achievement considering all the torment the players had to suffer in terms of Falkirk and then LC Final. But lets not forget that Hanlon, Stevenson and Cummings (to a lesser extent because he came at an older age) were the last "home-grown" talent we've brought through that have became 1st team regulars. What are we focusing on long-term? ex-Celtic players and loans like we did in the past? random journeyman? youth (actually playing a youngster from time to time)? looking to recruit more from abroad and mix that with the youth? I know the club want to focus on footballing achievement but 2 years on from Amit and Frank taking the fans representative positions I couldn't tell you how the club plan to go about delivering success long-term on a fairly consistent basis. Widening fan-base is a clear intention and getting more kids involved with Hibs is great but does that help deliver footballing success in the next 5 years...probably not. We have 2 fan representatives that we can vote in but lets be honest we have a multi-talented support (like most football clubs) and if people knew a bit more about the direction of the club (outside of "focus on sporting achievement") and knew what was being discussed behind closed doors they may be more willing to give up their free time to also help the club they love - nevermind just turning up on a Saturday. Newsletters, email updates, twitter feeds controlled by players, players leading informal recorded tours of ER or training centre for HibsTV, etc...Hibs are mysterious when it comes to making a signing...is it going to happen, isn't it.... Hibs as a club definitely shouldn't be the same in other aspects of its running especially if fan ownership is it's target.Communication has improved but lest we forget the starting position was shocking - I fear we have stalled and I think things need to be driven forward by new candidates in my opinion. I sometimes get the feeling that the club are planning for the fans of tomorrow but are forgetting about the fans of today.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2017, 10:45 PM

What about you ?

Why should Pat have been immune to being asked that question? .... He didn't have to come out 'fighting' all he had to do was say no I haven't been, it was purely my decision to stand. Question answered, move on. His belligerent reaction to the question was way over the top and made it far more of a talking point than it needed to be.

Same with the second question ..... he didn't give an acceptable answer, instead choosing to enter into a tit for tat argument with the questioner, which I found to be a bit cringeworthy if truth be told.

Pat might have answered the question, but there was no 'strength' in the way he did it .... in fact it showed a man with a thin skin who is easily provoked to anger.

CyberSauzee
01-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Communication is what the job is all about, one has done bits and pieces, the other virtually nothing that i have seen.

The job needs someone like the two girls, who are naturals at it and don't see a computer as the enemy.

Exactly G. There's a specific remit for the two roles; getting supporters' views and relaying them back to those with the authority (and financial clout to implement them) as required.

Reading balance sheets, scouting players, marketing, etc are for the existing professionals at the club.

GORDONSMITH7
01-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Why should Pat have been immune to being asked that question? .... He didn't have to come out 'fighting' all he had to do was say no I haven't been, it was purely my decision to stand. Question answered, move on. His belligerent reaction to the question was way over the top and made it far more of a talking point than it needed to be.

Same with the second question ..... he didn't give an acceptable answer, instead choosing to enter into a tit for tat argument with the questioner, which I found to be a bit cringeworthy if truth be told.

Pat might have answered the question, but there was no 'strength' in the way he did it .... in fact it showed a man with a thin skin who is easily provoked to anger.

From what I have read you have been anti Pat Stanton over several threads. Your jollies are now accomplished. Grrr..woof.

GGTTH

BIG G

Itsnoteasy
01-02-2017, 11:11 PM
What I can't get my head round Pats speech was him talking about how good the Yams communications are with their fans. Very strange & who gives a flying ****** about them.

The Baldmans Comb
01-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Well done to whoever decided to stream the nominees forum.

Certainly showed why Stanton should be nowhere near this role as he has no idea what it entails and is a very ineffective communicator both in person and obviously online.

Nothing at all wrong with the questions asked of him given his past involvement in every Hibs protest group since the year dot.

Amit provides professional continuity and Tracey or Charlene welcome new blood.

macca70
01-02-2017, 11:16 PM
It's imperitive that these fans reps roles serve the purpose they were set up and not just another 2 Board members.

There needs to be a structure or network put in place to allow the fans to liaise with the fans reps.

Maybe there should be a meeting where the 2 fans reps meet with all the various supporters group reps

E.g. All the Hibs Supporters Club branches have a rep, the Bounce, Hibs.Net, all social media platforms etc

Spokesperson from each of these groups meets with the 2 fans directors to discuss and put forward views/issues

The Fans Reps must get better at communicating what has been discussed and what actions they have taken away from board meetings; use social media, official site, email newsletter, a page or 2 in the programme

The point of these 2 fans reps is to constructively challenge the board on issues, actively taking the fans perspective to the table, not to just turn up for tea and scones, just playing a passive role in listening at meetings, wearing a club tie to official events and sitting in the directors box.

Amit
01-02-2017, 11:25 PM
It's imperitive that these fans reps roles serve the purpose they were set up and not just another 2 Board members.

There needs to be a structure or network put in place to allow the fans to liaise with the fans reps.

Maybe there should be a meeting where the 2 fans reps meet with all the various supporters group reps

E.g. All the Hibs Supporters Club branches have a rep, the Bounce, Hibs.Net, all social media platforms etc

Spokesperson from each of these groups meets with the 2 fans directors to discuss and put forward views/issues

The Fans Reps must get better at communicating what has been discussed and what actions they have taken away from board meetings; use social media, official site, email newsletter, a page or 2 in the programme

The point of these 2 fans reps is to constructively challenge
the board on issues, actively taking the fans perspective to the table, not to just turn up for tea and scones, just playing a passive role in listening at meetings, wearing a club tie to official events and sitting in the directors box.

I agree with your point about structure. The lessons learnt over the last two years have provided an insight on what needs to be done to take the roles forward. I'll be the first to put my hands up and say that the feedback loop needs to be better and I hope that the points/ideas I put forward at the hustings show I know what needs to be done going forward. The points are very similar to what you have noted in your post.

However, I have to disagree with you on the last point. Both Frank and I do represent supporters views at board meetings and have constructive discussions on the hot topics via the paper we present. Also, where appropriate we make meaningful contributions when discussing the other papers that are presented.

macca70
01-02-2017, 11:43 PM
I agree with your point about structure. The lessons learnt over the last two years have provided an insight on what needs to be done to take the roles forward. I'll be the first to put my hands up and say that the feedback loop needs to be better and I hope that the points/ideas I put forward at the hustings show I know what needs to be done going forward. The points are very similar to what you have noted in your post.

However, I have to disagree with you on the last point. Both Frank and I do represent supporters views at board meetings and have constructive discussions on the hot topics via the paper we present. Also, where appropriate we make meaningful contributions when discussing the other papers that are presented.

Maybe the last paragraph is my misconception due to lack of feedback from the board meetings.

It would be really encouraging and fantastic insight to hear what has been discussed and reasons why the board are against any ideas that the club don't feel are viable.

Amit
01-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Maybe the last paragraph is my misconception due to lack of feedback from the board meetings.

It would be really encouraging and fantastic insight to hear what has been discussed and reasons why the board are against any ideas that the club don't feel are viable.

Completely understand given the feedback loop hasn't been as effective as it should. However, with a structure/strategy in place, this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Andy74
01-02-2017, 11:51 PM
From what I have read you have been anti Pat Stanton over several threads. Your jollies are now accomplished. Grrr..woof.

GGTTH

BIG G

No, his summary is spot on I'm afraid.

macca70
02-02-2017, 12:01 AM
Completely understand given the feedback loop has been as effective as it should. However, with a structure/strategy in place, this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

It's a new concept for the club and for yourself/Frank.

Its significant progress for the club to have these 2 Director positions, there has been loads of positives and some lessons learnt that will ensure it continues to benefit the club and the fans.

Although 'Online' is not everyone's cup of tea, it is the world we live in so the fans reps will have to embrace it or Risk alienating themselves from the fans they are in place to represent so good to see you engaging on here and good luck for being re-elected.

Amit
02-02-2017, 12:03 AM
It's a new concept for the club and for yourself/Frank.

Its significant progress from the club to have these 2 Director positions, there has been loads of positives and some lessons learnt that will ensure it continues to benefit the club and the fans.

Although 'Online' is not everyone's cup of tea, it is the world we live in so the fans reps will have to embrace it or Risk alienating themselves from the fans they are in place to represent so good to see you engaging on here and good luck for being re-elected.

Completely agree! And thanks.

(Spotted a typo in my last post. Fixed now. Should've been "hasn't"!)

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2017, 12:32 AM

GGTTH

BIG G

Then you have read wrong.

I didn't want Pat to stand because I didn't want to see him on the receiving end of the criticism the fans reps can get, or to see him end up at loggerheads with fans. I want to see Pat's status as a respected figure of the club maintained without any risk of it being compromised. Hardly anti Pat Stanton I would suggest.

I got criticism for that from one or two who told me that it was up to Pat whether or not he wanted to put himself in that position and that he was big and ugly enough to take care of himself which is fair enough ...... So last night I judged him as a candidate and from what I saw he didn't handle himself at all well, he has previous history which was going to make questions like the one he was asked very likely and yet he seemed utterly unprepared for it and rather than give a simple answer to the question ( both questions ) he chose to react in an angry and confrontational manner.

Sorry you don't like my opinion BIG G, unfortunately you trying to belittle it by calling it me 'getting my jollies' isn't going to have much affect .... if you want to defend Pat Stanton why don't you post what was good about his performance instead of having a go at me :aok:

GreenCastle
02-02-2017, 01:30 AM
Just spent the evening watching the video and reading this thread.

Some interesting view points but also a lot of the same for me. A bit like some of the speeches it's not about who has watched Hibs the longest it's how are you going to listen to fans, how are you going to make sure you speak with the board and how will you feedback to the fans.

I'm not expecting a match report from the fans reps every week - it's to be accessible and be as transparent as possible with what's being taken into board room meetings and what's the outcomes / action plan.

What I would be curious of is an honest answer from a current rep about how easy it actually is to be heard and for action to take place in the last 2 years.

Is 2 reps enough ? Should we have a male / female / someone representing the youths at the club? (The future and not just the adults opinions).

The framework and structure of the post is important - could we have a visual to actually see where the reps sit and how much time are they given to speak during meetings ?

As others have said it could be as easy as a large task list with action plans and those accountable for making improvements.

How low was the turnout at the Hibs club and why was the publicity for it so poor ? Did Hibs send an email ?

Finally whoever takes the role on has an opportunity to really achieve change quickly as still several issues that fans raise weekly need improved and not all are expensive.

CyberSauzee
02-02-2017, 01:41 AM
Just spent the evening watching the video and reading this thread.

Some interesting view points but also a lot of the same for me. A bit like some of the speeches it's not about who has watched Hibs the longest it's how are you going to listen to fans, how are you going to make sure you speak with the board and how will you feedback to the fans.

I'm not expecting a match report from the fans reps every week - it's to be accessible and be as transparent as possible with what's being taken into board room meetings and what's the outcomes / action plan.

What I would be curious of is an honest answer from a current rep about how easy it actually is to be heard and for action to take place in the last 2 years.

Is 2 reps enough ? Should we have a male / female / someone representing the youths at the club? (The future and not just the adults opinions).

The framework and structure of the post is important - could we have a visual to actually see where the reps sit and how much time are they given to speak during meetings ?

As others have said it could be as easy as a large task list with action plans and those accountable for making improvements.

How low was the turnout at the Hibs club and why was the publicity for it so poor ? Did Hibs send an email ?

Finally whoever takes the role on has an opportunity to really achieve change quickly as still several issues that fans raise weekly need improved and not all are expensive.

Excellent point. Our club has always been innovative; and the first to introduce certain things to the wider public. Why not have it that we must have one male and one female fans rep?

GreenCastle
02-02-2017, 01:55 AM
The structure needs looked at - basically a lot of random Hibs fans making noise on here or at meetings (if people can be bothered going).

A clear structure representing for example..

the supporters groups..disability groups..ethnic minorties..female fans..male fans..youths (Hibs have lots of Hibs kids and boys and girls football teams / community programmes), Hibs.net / bounce

They feed back to the fans reps who then take the issues to the board. Basically sub committees who collate issues rather than the random feedback which comes out every so often.

Publicise the meeting dates online so fans know when to submit issues by etc. Online forms where fans can feedback if they provide client ref.

CyberSauzee
02-02-2017, 02:58 AM
Just watching the video back and Frank Dougan just said "involved in every board meeting, and included in every key decision process". As a non exec director that will not be true.

CyberSauzee
02-02-2017, 04:00 AM
Its not a secret, it was on live stream

Having just watched the video, definite trolling. "Is there someone behind you standing" was the gist of your first question. The answer was no, you responded with something along the lines of haven't seen you at away games. WTF. How is that in any way related to the original question? Analogue trolling.

BSEJVT
02-02-2017, 05:02 AM
Completely understand given the feedback loop hasn't been as effective as it should. However, with a structure/strategy in place, this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Amit,

I am afraid that this response begs the question as to why this hasn't been put in place this time around?

The cynic in me might suggest that having been found wanting at the first attempt that this is a vote gathering promise that might never be fulfilled second time around either?

Btw if I do vote, you are almost certain to get one of my votes regardless so this isn't a sabotage attempt.

macca70
02-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Just watching the video back and Frank Dougan just said "involved in every board meeting, and included in every key decision process". As a non exec director that will not be true.

I think what he was referring to is his attendance has been almost perfect for every meeting he has been required to attend other than 1 missed meeting due to ill health.

He can't attend meetings he's not invited to or required at.

Amit
02-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Amit,

I am afraid that this response begs the question as to why this hasn't been put in place this time around?

The cynic in me might suggest that having been found wanting at the first attempt that this is a vote gathering promise that might never be fulfilled second time around either?

Btw if I do vote, you are almost certain to get one of my votes regardless so this isn't a sabotage attempt.

And you are right to be. My own assessment on why things haven't moved forward as quickly as expected is down to a combination of factors. Firstly, this being a new venture for all (the club, board, fan directors, supporters), the huge change of personnel and structures internally at the club over the last two years (new structure and personnel are settled and working well) and finally in part due to the lack of cohesion and coordination on initiatives between the club and also between the two directors. Starting off with a blank canvass two years ago has given the fan directors and club food for thought and now it is clear that a strategy/structure designed by the fan directors and supported by the club (who I know are fully supportive and willing) is required.

Hope the above (from my perspective) answers your question.

Amit

Forza Fred
02-02-2017, 07:50 AM
And you are right to be. My own assessment on why things haven't moved forward as quickly as expected is down to a combination of factors. Firstly, this being a new venture for all (the club, board, fan directors, supporters), the huge change of personnel and structures internally at the club over the last two years (new structure and personnel are settled and working well) and finally in part due to the lack of cohesion and coordination on initiatives between the club and also between the two directors. Starting off with a blank canvass two years ago has given the fan directors and club food for thought and now it is clear that a strategy/structure designed by the fan directors and supported by the club (who I know are fully supportive and willing) is required.

Amit

Amit I agree.

While I have been critical..along with many others..about what is perceived as a lack of communication, there was obviously no manual for you and Frank to turn to, nor experienced hands to seek guidance from.

The club too, I don't think fully understood exactly what it wanted from the concept.

There is no doubt that those who may follow you and Frank will benefit from your 'test drive' so to speak.

Only thing I would say though, I wouldn't have thought it needed two years to work out that communication was a problem and implement the measures you are now discussing.

Fair comment?

Amit
02-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Amit I agree.

While I have been critical..along with many others..about what is perceived as a lack of communication, there was obviously no manual for you and Frank to turn to, nor experienced hands to seek guidance from.

The club too, I don't think fully understood exactly what it wanted from the concept.

There is no doubt that those who may follow you and Frank will benefit from your 'test drive' so to speak.

Only thing I would say though, I wouldn't have thought it needed two years to work out that communication was a problem and implement the measures you are now discussing.

Fair comment?

Completely fair comment. And I'll personally hold my hands up for my part in that. But that makes me even more determined to put a strategy and plan in place if given the opportunity to do so.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-02-2017, 08:00 AM
The communication thing has been longstanding. Rod is good at what he's good at communication is better dealt by others.

With Leeann onboard there's been a dramatic improvement but I guess she needs to focus on what she needs to and delegate.
But to answer the point on communication I don't think there was no one to turn to.

From the wee slice of LWT.... IMO I could see that whilst there is a desire for communication it's got to be shaped to be effective, there was also a desire to get things done. Some great things were done, we communicated as best we could through a number of channels. But it's a challenge reaching everyone. For ideas to take shap and evolve they need to be nurtured - the way of the world is such that no matter how good the idea there are some that give the impression it would rather be strangled at birth.

Eaststand
02-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Completely fair comment. And I'll personally hold my hands up for my part in that. But that makes me even more determined to put a strategy and plan in place if given the opportunity to do so.

Hi Amit
I intend voting for whoever convinces me that they will improve communication between supporters and the club. I liked what you said you would do 2 years ago, and I like what you say you intend to improve upon this time. I voted for you last time, and probably will do again.

Good luck

GGTTH

traceyhibs
02-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Only voting through the website? Looking at some replies to other threads on here today some people will want to vote in person or over the phone!

PS Spoke to you at length about a certain race on Saturday [emoji6]

Hi there,

There will be ballot boxes in the stadium also on Match days for those who don't wish to vote online

Cheers

Tracey

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 08:43 AM

I'm not sure about your point about our fans reps being denied access to meeting due to their non exec status,? As far as I csn fathom - we have 9 directors on the board. According to our club website, at least 7 of those directors are non-exec.

So it sounds like Frank is saying that the two directors we actually get to vote for, play an equal role in our boardroom .

So I wouldn't doubt the accuracy of Frank's comments to be fair.

What I'm struggling with is finding out is how our Reps represented us at these key decisions debates. For example , did they vote for or against shutting down the loyalty scheme?

It goes back to the crucial communication thing. What efforts are made by our representatives to find either a consensus amongst our support or if there isn't one, then the majority opinion?

Pretty Boy
02-02-2017, 08:54 AM
The lack of communication seems to be the main issue here.

At the risk of repeating myself there really isn't an excuse for it. We have seen a hell of a lot of communication since the elections were announced, considerably more than in the preceding 2 years. Are we to take it on trust, with little evidence, that there really will be an improvement?

I understand that there was no blueprint for the role but surely that should have been viewed as an opportunity and not a problem, a real chance to shape the role. The idea of fans having to hang about BTG etc trying to catch the eye of a fans rep is almost ridiculous to me. Elected representatives in various arenas host scheduled surgeries. Did no one consider this might be a good idea for our fans reps? Hibs hold a monthly board meeting. Would it not have been a good idea to host surgeries the following week to feedback the info which could be whilst listening to issues and filtering it accordingly. A dedicated fans rep Twitter account (not personal ones) for those unable to attend surgeries to use.

The response to issues needn't even be hugely thorough. 'I've proposed that for the agenda at the next board meeting', 'I've asked the LWT group to take this forward', 'I've spoken to the relevant person and we can't act on this at the moment'.

I've sat on a board of trustees for a charity previously. I undertsand that differs from a football club but there are similarities. I understand confidentiality, I understand there is little chance of a board vote going an unexpected way as the decision is made long before it reaches the formal stage and I understand a lot of what people want discussed at board meetings isn't always appropriate. However Hibs, like other organisations, have multiple other channels ideas and problems could be filtered into and this could, and should, be communicated infinitely better than it has been.

Tom Hart RIP
02-02-2017, 09:07 AM
There has been a lot of mention of regular supporters surgeries etc to update fans which is a good idea however can I point out that Frank and Amit held one behind the goals earlier this season before a game and about a dozen attended.
I wasn't able to make the Hibs Club but having watched it online it seems there was a poor turn out.
For what it's worth I think the communication from the club is fine and has improved considerably in last year or so.

SRHibs
02-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Pat's reaction was no good, but to frame the questions in such an antagonistic manner was definitely a bit out of order. You could've directly asked him if he went to the games instead of putting it to him in an accusatory manner.

Granted the response to the next question was equally *****, but I feel like it would've been better had he not been put on the defensive straight away.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 09:18 AM

At the risk of repeating myself there really isn't an excuse for it. We have seen a hell of a lot of communication since the elections were announced, considerably more than in the preceding 2 years. Are we to take it on trust, with little evidence, that there really will be an improvement?

I understand that there was no blueprint for the role but surely that should have been viewed as an opportunity and not a problem, a real chance to shape the role. The idea of fans having to hang about BTG etc trying to catch the eye of a fans rep is almost ridiculous to me. Elected representatives in various arenas host scheduled surgeries. Did no one consider this might be a good idea for our fans reps? Hibs hold a monthly board meeting. Would it not have been a good idea to host surgeries the following week to feedback the info which could be whilst listening to issues and filtering it accordingly. A dedicated fans rep Twitter account (not personal ones) for those unable to attend surgeries to use.

The response to issues needn't even be hugely thorough. 'I've proposed that for the agenda at the next board meeting', 'I've asked the LWT group to take this forward', 'I've spoken to the relevant person and we can't act on this at the moment'.

I've sat on a board of trustees for a charity previously. I undertsand that differs from a football club but there are similarities. I understand confidentiality, I understand there is little chance of a board vote going an unexpected way as the decision is made long before it reaches the formal stage and I understand a lot of what people want discussed at board meetings isn't always appropriate. However Hibs, like other organisations, have multiple other channels ideas and problems could be filtered into and this could, and should, be communicated infinitely better than it has been.

Totally agee,

Getting to elect two representatives on to our relatively small board of directors is a great opportunity.

It's now been two years and I do not doubt that our reps have contributed to many good initiatives it's just we don't seem to hear about them.

Your ideas that you posted help.

Our reps need to be able to properly hear the views of our support - Argue for those views in the boardroom - Report back on the decisions

I think the candidstes are all saying communication needs improving. Some are actually proposing specific ways of doing this, like sharing information from boardroom discussions on topics that are not confidential.

Forza Fred
02-02-2017, 09:20 AM
There has been a lot of mention of regular supporters surgeries etc to update fans which is a good idea however can I point out that Frank and Amit held one behind the goals earlier this season before a game and about a dozen attended.
I wasn't able to make the Hibs Club but having watched it online it seems there was a poor turn out.
For what it's worth I think the communication from the club is fine and has improved considerably in last year or so.

Well, some would not agree.

Often, emails go unanswered.

Brooster
02-02-2017, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=Amit;4929580]Completely understand given the feedback loop hasn't been as effective as it should. However, with a structure/strategy in place, this shouldn't be an issue going forward./QUOTE]

You've had 2 years to get this in place!! I help run one of the biggest (if not the biggest) supporters buses who travel to all games and engagement between us and the reps has been almost zero despite umpteen attempts from our end to create some sort of relationship. All our basic requests have been ignored. All of a sudden you have appeared again promising this that and the next thing......not good enough. PS Pat Stanton's performance at the hustings was a shocker, he could do worse than pull out of the process now.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 09:27 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. I think a surgery once a month would be better as 'Pretty Boy' has suggested in his recent post.

A one off surgery might have attracted 12 but as people get to know about regular surgeries then hopefully more will attend.

Your post also reminded me that communication is a two way thing. If we demand improved communication from our elected reps then there's also an onus on us communicating better with our reps.

((Just saw the above post from Brooster - if supporters have been ignored by out reps then that is a big problem!!)

Baldy Foghorn
02-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Having just watched the video, definite trolling. "Is there someone behind you standing" was the gist of your first question. The answer was no, you responded with something along the lines of haven't seen you at away games. WTF. How is that in any way related to the original question? Analogue trolling.

:blah::blah:

Amit
02-02-2017, 09:59 AM
You've had 2 years to get this in place!! I help run one of the biggest (if not the biggest) supporters buses who travel to all games and engagement between us and the reps has been almost zero despite umpteen attempts from our end to create some sort of relationship. All our basic requests have been ignored. All of a sudden you have appeared again promising this that and the next thing......not good enough. PS Pat Stanton's performance at the hustings was a shocker, he could do worse than pull out of the process now.

Brooster,

I'm surprised by this. Would you be so kind as to elaborate? I'd hate for you to think this was done intentionally. I'm normally all over emails or comms I receive etc.

If you'd rather discuss over email than here, then happy to do so AMoudgil@hibernianfc.co.uk

Amit

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 10:38 AM

:top marks

This for me is the best post i have read on this subject yet. There have been folk on here, and the bounce, which have a huge amount of fans on it asking for more communication from both reps since they were elected on numerous subjects.

And now when its time for re election, suddenly both reps realise they could do more in that area.

At the hustings Amit who for me gave the best speech, just ahead of Charline then Tracey.

He is a polished speaker, who might actually deliver on what he said.

Personally speaking, Amit along with Frank are now suddenly promising to do more, one even promising to plug his computer in and do something he's not comfortable with and engage online.

Well i dont want someone who's not comfortable with that doing the job, i want someone who will embrace it and get involved with all aspects of the job.

So while i do think Amit was the most polished candidate, and promised more, my votes are going to Charline and Tracey because i just believe them more.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-02-2017, 11:00 AM
I wasnt at the hustings, but i think i will vote for Amit. He has at least made an attempt to engage via hibs.net, and im comfortable i could contact him should the need arise.

Plus i think at least one membr from the current two would be good for continuity's sake.

My second vote i am inclined to go for Gordon Munro, because i think his experience makes him ideal for a job like this. However i remain open minded about the other new candidates.

Brooster
02-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Brooster,

I'm surprised by this. Would you be so kind as to elaborate? I'd hate for you to think this was done intentionally. I'm normally all over emails or comms I receive etc.

If you'd rather discuss over email than here, then happy to do so AMoudgil@hibernianfc.co.uk

Amit

I wont elaborate on here but I will say we have raised concerns regarding ticketing arrangements in the past and had zero response. And the one which really sticks in my craw is when we asked for passes for the 'Celtic End' car park at Hampden along with other supporters buses who were not regular runners to away games. Not much to ask but did we get looked after? No. We had to walk 2 miles back to the bus. In the last 2 years there has been no engagement with us, none whatsoever.

Andy74
02-02-2017, 11:38 AM

What do you mean? A non exec has the same board powers as an executive director - although they won't be involved in day to lower level decisions.

Amit
02-02-2017, 11:39 AM
I wont elaborate on here but I will say we have raised concerns regarding ticketing arrangements in the past and had zero response. And the one which really sticks in my craw is when we asked for passes for the 'Celtic End' car park at Hampden along with other supporters buses who were not regular runners to away games. Not much to ask but did we get looked after? No. We had to walk 2 miles back to the bus. In the last 2 years there has been no engagement with us, none whatsoever.

I'm disappointed to hear that. Normally the Club reaches out and provides contact details for large groups or buses so they can make arrangements with them for games. Can you email me so I can get some further details so we can make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks.

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Executive directors are involved in the day to day running of a business and are usually salaried.Non executives aren't but as you say their board responsibilities are the same.

GreenCastle
02-02-2017, 11:41 AM

Confidentiality is obviously an issue but there still needs to be some form of communication - before - after of the board meetings and what's been discussed on behalf of the fans issues and action plans moving forward.

Otherwise it comes across as a tick box exercise by RP and co.

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 11:50 AM
I would suggest that the club sets up a supporters rep.website and all two way communications ,except confidential to the enquirer,could be carried hrough that.Access by way of client reference number.

BSEJVT
02-02-2017, 12:04 PM

Amit

Thanks for you reply Amit

To be honest I don't know what to think.

There's a little bit of me thinks and this is a poor analogy but I cant find the right one that its a bit like Stockholm Syndrome where the captives side with the Terrorists.

IMO you were put in to do a job and for whatever reason that job didn't get done.

I have stated numerous times my admiration for the jobs you and Frank did and am happy to reiterate that, but they weren't the job I think you were recruited for.

I will need to think carefully whether I believe that you each deserve a second chance.

Part of me thinks you do and continuity is a good thing, but the other part thinks ringing the changes is a good idea so things don't get too cosy.

I have to say that the on the basis of what I have seen and heard of the other candidates that most don't exactly having me rushing to the ballot box to vote for them either.

et vireta
02-02-2017, 08:00 PM

Then we come to Mr Stanton.

I think you will find that Pat would have been very clear he wasn't applying for manager or Director of Football. He would have done a little research on that one.
I'm getting confused though, do Hibs have a Director of Football ?. I thought George Craig was Head of football operations ? (Not a Director) and not on the board.

We have to clear this point up IMO

Finally I think its superb that good Hibs men and women stout and true are contributing to what at at times has been a fascinating and superb debate.

ps We might all have our differences on here regarding our choice of candidate but one thing we are united on

We are not going to Gorgie to lose !!

:flag:

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Then we come to Mr Stanton.

I think you will find that Pat would have been very clear he wasn't applying for manager or Director of Football. He would have done a little research on that one.
I'm getting confused though, do Hibs have a Director of Football ?. I thought George Craig was Head of football operations ? (Not a Director) and not on the board.

We have to clear this point up IMO

Finally I think its superb that good Hibs men and women stout and true are contributing to what at at times has been a fascinating and superb debate.

ps We might all have our differences on here regarding our choice of candidate but one thing we are united on

We are not going to Gorgie to lose !!

:flag:
If he was that clear about the post, why did he say (as one of his skills) that he could spot a player?

bigwheel
02-02-2017, 08:53 PM
If he was that clear about the post, why did he say (as one of his skills) that he could spot a player?

Pats been a player, captain and manager ..he remains adored and rightly revered as a genuine Hibs legend...I think it would be hard for someone like him who was brought up in the business of football, to only be a fans rep ...he will be used to have a view and say in the football side of the business..

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Pats been a player, captain and manager ..he remains adored and rightly revered as a genuine Hibs legend...I think it would be hard for someone like him who was brought up in the business of football, to only be a fans rep ...he will be used to have a view and say in the football side of the business..
The point was made that he would have done some research into the role. That didn't appear to be the case the other night.

bigwheel
02-02-2017, 08:59 PM
The point was made that he would have done some research into the role. That didn't appear to be the case the other night.

Yes. CWG. was agreeing with you...felt he was straying in to other territory

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Yes. CWG. was agreeing with you...felt he was straying in to other territory
Sorry. I misread your post . 😊

et vireta
02-02-2017, 09:05 PM

I think he is clear about the role. That's why he said he could spot a player. (Skill)

Brightside
02-02-2017, 09:08 PM
I think he is clear about the role. That's why he said he could spot a player. (Skill)

That doesnt make any sense. The role has nothing to do with players.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 09:13 PM
"Spotting a player " is not in the job-spec of any of the Board members, let alone the non-execs. It's irrelevant.

Allant1981
02-02-2017, 09:14 PM

what is being a fan rep got to do with spotting a player

et vireta
02-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Something I need to ask here.

Does the board have to accept the successful nominees ? Do the board have to ratify the appointments ?

et vireta
02-02-2017, 09:18 PM
"Spotting a player " is not in the job-spec of any of the Board members, let alone the non-execs. It's irrelevant.

Well I don't think it is irrelevant

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 09:19 PM

Does the board have to accept the successful nominees ? Do the board have to ratify the appointments ?
Any board has to co-opt new members by vote; they are then confirmed by the AGM. They'd be a bit daft not to accept the results of the poll, since it's they who defined the process.

Forza Fred
02-02-2017, 09:21 PM

Not a legal expert, but would say that the answers to the questions are

1 No
2.yes.

The person would have to be considered a 'fit and proper' person to take his/her seat on the board, and I think your laws are the same which would prevent an undischargedc bankrupt sitting on a board

However short of the elected person being a mad axe murderer, I could not see the board vetoing the persons elected.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 09:21 PM

You do know what the role is for yes? Are you perhaps looking to get someone on the board that will do more than just be the fans rep?

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 09:22 PM

That's true but is that not also a good thing? I mean there's been countless posts from fans frustrated over the years about the perceived lack of progress signing players we are desperate to have. Fans have suspected the board haven't given our manager(s) the support and resources they've asked for!

So to have a fan's rep prepared to argue for strengthening our squad in line with our managers declared wishes is ok in my book. I don't just want better scran and a better sound system at a Easter Road - I want better players! Pat clearly has the attributes to be as formidable in the boardroom as he was on the pitch.,

Others have skills in finance, marketing, communications etc so why not have a legend like Pat as a director? Ok Eddie Turnbull didn't send him on a New Management Techniques Course and he wasn't polished in dealing with accusatory questions (that no other candidate had) but he didn't melt away either.

He's also been accused by some of milking his legend status yet the first thing he said at the Hustings was 'I am just an ordinary fan who happens to have played for aHibs!!' The exact opposite of what's he's was accused of.

So I'll be voting for Pat and Charlene. Big Frank was also a serious consideration.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 09:26 PM
The rest of the Board disagree, and the role has been defined by them.

et vireta
02-02-2017, 09:29 PM

It is important that those seeking election understand the role and responsibilities of a non-executive director and in particular how they relate to Hibernian FC.
Non-executive directors at the Club are volunteers, and the role is unpaid. Essentially the non-executive director’s role is to provide a creative contribution to the board through objective criticism. There is no legal distinction between executive and non-executive directors; however the latter plays no part in day to day management.
In this case the non-executive directors will be expected to contribute valuable insights from the supports’ perspective to aid the Board in developing appropriate strategies for the Club.
Current non-executive directors of the Club will make themselves available to fans wishing to nominate themselves for election to discuss the role in more detail. Broadly, however, the role and time commitment are listed below to enable fans to take an initial view on whether the role would be appropriate for them.
Applicants must clearly understand the need for discretion and accept that for commercial and competitive reasons a significant element of discussion which takes place at board meetings, must remain confidential.
1. Attend monthly board meetings. Normally weekday mornings and lasting 3 hours.
2. Attend ad hoc board meetings to address specific issues that may arise. Normally in the evenings.
3. Represent the club on match days, both home and away.
4. Attend meetings at supporter club branches, or with ad hoc supporter groups.
5. Mix with, and talk to, supporters at matches to gauge feeling and note issues that are worthy of board attention.
6. Attend Working Together meetings, bi-monthly and in the evening.
7. Attend Club functions throughout the year, either at Easter Road or any other venue.
8. Provide expertise to the board and Club based on your particular skill set. In general the areas covered at board meetings are: football performance, finance, commercial, operations and general management.

Crops

The above is what the club is looking for (as laid down by them ) Perhaps Amit or Frank will correct me.

Take a look at point 8

I think the big things in this point are YOUR skill set
Football performance

I think Pat Stanton very much has an idea of the role and thats what the man was trying to get across....HIS particular skill

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 09:35 PM
It is important that those seeking election understand the role and responsibilities of a non-executive director and in particular how they relate to Hibernian FC.
Non-executive directors at the Club are volunteers, and the role is unpaid. Essentially the non-executive director’s role is to provide a creative contribution to the board through objective criticism. There is no legal distinction between executive and non-executive directors; however the latter plays no part in day to day management.
In this case the non-executive directors will be expected to contribute valuable insights from the supports’ perspective to aid the Board in developing appropriate strategies for the Club.
Current non-executive directors of the Club will make themselves available to fans wishing to nominate themselves for election to discuss the role in more detail. Broadly, however, the role and time commitment are listed below to enable fans to take an initial view on whether the role would be appropriate for them.
Applicants must clearly understand the need for discretion and accept that for commercial and competitive reasons a significant element of discussion which takes place at board meetings, must remain confidential.
1. Attend monthly board meetings. Normally weekday mornings and lasting 3 hours.
2. Attend ad hoc board meetings to address specific issues that may arise. Normally in the evenings.
3. Represent the club on match days, both home and away.
4. Attend meetings at supporter club branches, or with ad hoc supporter groups.
5. Mix with, and talk to, supporters at matches to gauge feeling and note issues that are worthy of board attention.
6. Attend Working Together meetings, bi-monthly and in the evening.
7. Attend Club functions throughout the year, either at Easter Road or any other venue.
8. Provide expertise to the board and Club based on your particular skill set. In general the areas covered at board meetings are: football performance, finance, commercial, operations and general management.

Crops

The above is what the club is looking for (as laid down by them ) Perhaps Amit or Frank will correct me.

Take a look at point 8

I think the big things in this point are YOUR skill set
Football performance

I think Pat Stanton very much has an idea of the role and thats what the man was trying to get across....HIS particular skill
I go back to what he said at the hustings. "Spotting a player " is not part of the Board's job. We have a football department that we delegate that role to.

et vireta
02-02-2017, 09:52 PM
I go back to what he said at the hustings. "Spotting a player " is not part of the Board's job. We have a football department that we delegate that role to.

If you accept "spotting a player" is part of football performance then I think thats what the board are looking for . A bit of input of expertise at board level.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Didnae spot many when he was manager. He was embarrassing the other night, a true legend as a player but he's nowhere near the man or woman we need to take this job over.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 09:56 PM
If you accept "spotting a player" is part of football performance then I think thats what the board are looking for . A bit of input of expertise at board level.
I don't.

We have plenty people to do that.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 09:58 PM

If Neil Lennon put a case to the board to sign Hendo and a decision is to be made whether or not to provide the resources to sign Hendo then I want our board of directors to be able to say "I know a good player when I see one". Then ...to support our manager's request as much as possible.

All sorts of issues will form that debate - can we afford it? Is the player worth it? Our manager will make the requests but it's our board who has to say yes or no.

I have no doubt Pat will be an asset. I also have no doubt he'll stand up in front of the Hibs support and be accountable for his decisions and report back to fans. That was a big part of Pat's message that seems forgotten!

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2017, 10:01 PM
If Neil Lennon put a case to the board to sign Hendo and a decision is to be made whether or not to provide the resources to sign Hendo then I want our board of directors to be able to say "I know a good player when I see one". Then ...to support our manager's request as much as possible.

All sorts of issues will form that debate - can we afford it? Is the player worth it? Our manager will make the requests but it's our board who has to say yes or no.

I have no doubt Pat will be an asset. I also have no doubt he'll stand up in front of the Hibs support and be accountable for his decisions and report back to fans. That was a big part of Pat's message that seems forgotten!

Not for me, we may as well do away with the manager and run the team with a committee of directors.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 10:04 PM

That type of decision would be Leean's as CEO, not the Board, no? The Board set the budget, she implements it.

If there's exceptional circumstances, she would take advice from the football department. That's what they're paid for.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2017, 10:08 PM
That type of decision would be Leean's as CEO, not the Board, no? The Board set the budget, she implements it.

If there's exceptional circumstances, she would take advice from the football department. That's what they're paid for.

Absolutely.

I think this all comes back to what I have said several times. Some people just don't seem to understand the role of a board and in turn that of a director (exec or non exec) and I suppose that will extend to a director who is a 'supporters representative'.

Mr White
He's running for the position of fans representative on the board which is nothing at all to do with spotting a player. It's unfortunate he doesn't seem to understand that as it's a shame to see a club legend leaving himself open to criticism but he's only got himself to blame for that as, IMO, it's an error of judgment on his part

Johnny Clash
Not for me, we may as well do away with the manager and run the team with a committee of directors.

But with all due respect, we do!

Our managers always have to get the board to sanction there player requests. Or for that matter - retention requests to not sell key players.

So I'm happy for Pat , with all his knowledge and experience, to be one voice on that board. Part of a Hibs team that doesn't play on the pitch.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 10:10 PM

Our managers always have to get the board to sanction there player requests. Or for that matter - retention requests to not sell key players.

So I'm happy for Pat , with all his knowledge and experience, to be one voice on that board. Part of a Hibs team that doesn't play on the pitch.
Do we?

See my post above for my understanding of what actually happens.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2017, 10:11 PM

The board set a budget.

It's up to the CEO how that is spent. With regards to football matters this will be in coordination with the footballing department.

The board will not vote on transfer targets, contract renewals or so on. That's not their job.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 10:20 PM
The board set a budget.

It's up to the CEO how that is spent. With regards to football matters this will be in coordination with the footballing department.

The board will not vote on transfer targets, contract renewals or so on. That's not their job.

So how come Tom Farmer made it clear after the sacking of Colin Calderwood that it is the board who decides on managers,

"The Hibs board will sit down this morning to consider the list of 40 applicants who want to become the club's ninth manager in the last 10 years."... Tom Farmer

It looks like the board has more of a say in our club than you think and I remain convinced that Pat's voice on the board will be a good thing for our club,

Pretty Boy
02-02-2017, 10:24 PM
So how come Tom Farmer made it clear after the sacking of Colin Calderwood that it is the board who decides on managers,

"The Hibs board will sit down this morning to consider the list of 40 applicants who want to become the club's ninth manager in the last 10 years."... Tom Farmer

It looks like the board has more of a say in our club than you think and I remain convinced that Pat's voice on the board will be a good thing for our club,

Appointing a maanger is a different kettle of fish from renewing a players contract or even signing a player.

Hibs are offered dozens of players a month by agents. The board simply don't have time to discuss and vote on each one amd neither they should. That's why a Head Coach, Director of Football, Head of Recruitment and so on are in position.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 10:25 PM

That was over 6 years ago. Long before we had the current structure in place.

It was LD and George Craig who carried out the recruitment process for both Stubbs and Lennon. Approved by the Board, of course, but it was their recommendation.

Lancs Harp
02-02-2017, 10:30 PM
We're supposed to be electing fans reps to the board, someone to represent our views, not just electing a board member who could double as a director off football. This is about fan represrentation, not spotting players or advising the management team, its about a two way communication with the fanbase. It seems some peoples ideaof fan representation is different to others.

Brightside
02-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Have some people been asleep for 3 years?

ancient hibee
02-02-2017, 10:36 PM

As far as I can see it's the other way round.The football department has a budget and it's spent under guidance of the CEO.The board will not sell a player against the wishes of the football dept.

Johnny Clash
02-02-2017, 10:47 PM
We're supposed to be electing fans reps to the board, someone to represent our views, not just electing a board member who could double as a director off football. This is about fan represrentation, not spotting players or advising the management team, its about a two way communication with the fanbase. It seems some peoples ideaof fan representation is different to others.

Spot on. And if the fans think more funds should be available to our manager to strengthen our squad then surely we want our reps to reflect this in the boardroom? Do we not?

Pat never once said he was going to 'spot players' like some sort of scout. yet he keeps on getting misquoted. The point he was making is that he has in depth knowledge of the playing /managerial side that other candidates do not have. Plenty candidates said they had in depth finance skills but I don't see people going radge and accusing them of plotting to replace the current Finance director.

The fact is the board DOES make very important decisions. That's why the Hibernian Supporters Association have in the past called on the BOARD to "loosen the purse strings and back the manager."

I am not one of those who don't see the board as being all that important and I do think our supporters reps will have the opportunity to make a difference so opting out of the vote is not for me.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Spot on. And if the fans think more funds should be available to our manager to strengthen our squad then surely we want our reps to reflect this in the boardroom? Do we not?

Pat never once said he was going to 'spot players' like some sort of scout. yet he keeps on getting misquoted. The point he was making is that he has in depth knowledge of the playing /managerial side that other candidates do not have. Plenty candidates said they had in depth finance skills but I don't see people going radge and accusing them of plotting to replace the current Finance director.

The fact is the board DOES make very important decisions. That's why the Hibernian Supporters Association have in the past called on the BOARD to "loosen the purse strings and back the manager."

I am not one of those who don't see the board as being all that important and I do think our supporters reps will have the opportunity to make a difference so opting out of the vote is not for me.
Again, you're talking about things that happened in the past. That's not how they operate now.

Again, the Board set the budget. LD spends it.

And PS has not been misquoted.

BSEJVT
02-02-2017, 11:45 PM
The very last thing this or any club need is a board member elected by the fans who has any input whatsoever on "spotting a player"

I don't care if that person is Wenger, Guardiola, Ferguson, Klopp, Mourinho whoever

Its a recipe for absolute anarchy

For one thing they will completely undermine the manager and the rest of the football staff's position

For another the minute we have a couple of hooky results it will be open warfare between the two factions unless they are absolutely on the same page which is unlikely and the supporter backed one will make all the noise and destabilise the club.

Its great that someone with Pat's links to the club is so well regarded by so many, but its extremely worrying that they are so blinded by that regard that they have totally lost their senses.

Have a look at every club there has ever been where the board decided to play football manager with their club in preference to leaving it to the professional staff, it hasn't ever ended well.

In any business the board recruit the executives they need to run the business and help support that executive

They don't do the bloody job themselves.

Forza Fred
03-02-2017, 12:03 AM
The very last thing this or any club need is a board member elected by the fans who has any input whatsoever on "spotting a player"

I don't care if that person is Wenger, Guardiola, Ferguson, Klopp, Mourinho whoever

Its a recipe for absolute anarchy

For one thing they will completely undermine the manager and the rest of the football staff's position

For another the minute we have a couple of hooky results it will be open warfare between the two factions unless they are absolutely on the same page which is unlikely and the supporter backed one will make all the noise and destabilise the club.

Its great that someone with Pat's links to the club is so well regarded by so many, but its extremely worrying that they are so blinded by that regard that they have totally lost their senses.

Have a look at every club there has ever been where the board decided to play football manager with their club in preference to leaving it to the professional staff, it hasn't ever ended well.

In any business the board recruit the executives they need to run the business and help support that executive

They don't do the bloody job themselves.

All good points.

Basically a board is there to set policy, and provide corporate guidance.

Just as it would not be expected that someone on the board of Tesc's would not be selling tins of baked beans or packets of diced carrots, sililarly I would not expect football board members to be scouting players or selling tickets.

Johnny Clash
03-02-2017, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4930777]Again, you're talking about things that happened in the past. That's not how they operate now.

Again, the Board set the budget. LD spends it.

And PS has not been misquoted.

Sorry Crops - but I think we'll just have to disagree here about the importance of the board and it's ability to agree resources for our manager to buy or retain players .

I can only go by what I'm told and read in interviews such as the one with John Collins just prior to the Cup Final last year. JC spoke about the need for the board to back Stubbsy to ensure we don't lose Cummings or McGinn to a big fat cheque book. He made it clear that the decision would be a collective one involving the board. If Leeann wanted to cash in on Cummings I'd honestly be shocked if she could make that decision on her own without getting the board to approve.

Your last post in fact accepts that the board sets the budget- which includes funds to buy new players . The manager can only buy players if the budget allows him to do so. If he comes asking for a budget to buy Stokesy or Hendo then I'm pretty sure our directors will indeed have a say. So I think we could end up going around in circles here.

No point. I've got faith in Pat so he's getting one of my votes.

Tom Hart RIP
03-02-2017, 06:25 AM
We had 2 very well paid executive directors who were given the role of finding us a manager after CC left. They interviewed Michael O'Neil and chose Pat Fenlon.
Who is to say that we won't be looking for a new manager in next 2 years? I'd like Pat's input in that decision.
i previously mentioned the poor turn out at the 'surgeries' I'm sure his presence would increase that number especially amongst the older fans.
As for communication with fans, we have a media department and David Forsyth and a fellow fans director who could put out anything Pat wanted to say on social media sites.

macca70
03-02-2017, 07:34 AM
We had 2 very well paid executive directors who were given the role of finding us a manager after CC left. They interviewed Michael O'Neil and chose Pat Fenlon.
Who is to say that we won't be looking for a new manager in next 2 years? I'd like Pat's input in that decision.
i previously mentioned the poor turn out at the 'surgeries' I'm sure his presence would increase that number especially amongst the older fans.
As for communication with fans, we have a media department and David Forsyth and a fellow fans director who could put out anything Pat wanted to say on social media sites.

With all due respect to a club legend, I wouldn't want Pat anywhere near the process of manager or player recruitment, especially going by his display on Tuesday night.

He definitely deserves a role at the club in some capacity but not as a fans rep