PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MEET THE NOMINEES TONIGHT

Pages : 1 [2]

JimBHibees
03-02-2017, 06:45 AM
The very last thing this or any club need is a board member elected by the fans who has any input whatsoever on "spotting a player"

I don't care if that person is Wenger, Guardiola, Ferguson, Klopp, Mourinho whoever

Its a recipe for absolute anarchy

For one thing they will completely undermine the manager and the rest of the football staff's position

For another the minute we have a couple of hooky results it will be open warfare between the two factions unless they are absolutely on the same page which is unlikely and the supporter backed one will make all the noise and destabilise the club.

Its great that someone with Pat's links to the club is so well regarded by so many, but its extremely worrying that they are so blinded by that regard that they have totally lost their senses.

Have a look at every club there has ever been where the board decided to play football manager with their club in preference to leaving it to the professional staff, it hasn't ever ended well.

In any business the board recruit the executives they need to run the business and help support that executive

They don't do the bloody job themselves.

Completely agree if this was the case and the manager has to get Board approval for signing players, the idea of Pat not fancying said player would as you say be a recipe for disaster.

IMO he should never have put himself forward for this however he had the right to do so though seems like he scored a huge own goal probably down to lack of preparation. Bottom line is he could have mouthed a few platitudes about representing fans and he would have been a shoe in given his status.

southern hibby
03-02-2017, 07:19 AM
That's true but is that not also a good thing? I mean there's been countless posts from fans frustrated over the years about the perceived lack of progress signing players we are desperate to have. Fans have suspected the board haven't given our manager(s) the support and resources they've asked for!

So to have a fan's rep prepared to argue for strengthening our squad in line with our managers declared wishes is ok in my book. I don't just want better scran and a better sound system at a Easter Road - I want better players! Pat clearly has the attributes to be as formidable in the boardroom as he was on the pitch.,

Others have skills in finance, marketing, communications etc so why not have a legend like Pat as a director? Ok Eddie Turnbull didn't send him on a New Management Techniques Course and he wasn't polished in dealing with accusatory questions (that no other candidate had) but he didn't melt away either.

He's also been accused by some of milking his legend status yet the first thing he said at the Hustings was 'I am just an ordinary fan who happens to have played for aHibs!!' The exact opposite of what's he's was accused of.

So I'll be voting for Pat and Charlene. Big Frank was also a serious consideration.

JC, I was at the meeting and I didn't think he was being accused of not being a fan. I thought the person asking was trying to determine how we could communicate with him when the person asking says he never sees him at away games.
My recollection of it was then Pat says so your saying I'm not a fan to which person says no I'm not saying that.
GGTTH

Andy74
03-02-2017, 09:06 AM
With all due respect to a club legend, I wouldn't want Pat anywhere near the process of manager or player recruitment, especially going by his display on Tuesday night.

He definitely deserves a role at the club in some capacity but not as a fans rep

I was very surprised at Pat - after seeing him in action I'd have to say I don't think he'd be suited for any role at the club just now which is a shame. Being a great player makes you a great player, it doesn't mean you are suited to anything else.

Johnny Clash
03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
JC, I was at the meeting and I didn't think he was being accused of not being a fan. I thought the person asking was trying to determine how we could communicate with him when the person asking says he never sees him at away games.
My recollection of it was then Pat says so your saying I'm not a fan to which person says no I'm not saying that.
GGTTH

Hi, the good thing is people can still see the hustings on Hibs Facebook page.Worth a look because Pat's speech never once said anything about player selection or scouting. Not once did he ever refer to "spotting a player."

Questions followed. He was asked if he was getting pushed /used as a front for others coz guys on message boards are a bit confused why a Hibs legend is standing!!!!!

My first thought was FFS that's a bit confrontational .... plus where exactly was this groundswell of 'guys' questioning Pat's reasons for standing? I missed that to be honest!

That conspiracy theory question definitely rocked Pat but he did not lose his rag.

Pat's was then asked if he could represent fans coz he was known as The Quiet Man and that he had personally never seen Pat at HOME or AWAY games.

The lad who asked the question has already admitted he could have phrased it better. It also doesn't make sense because I've only ever seen Pat and Frank at games but that doesn't mean the other candidates do not attend - that would be a silly conclusion or accusation to make. Pat pointed that out.

Pat then misunderstands the next questioner . He thinks he's still under attack and being accused of having no skills. So he says he's entitled to defend himself and mentions he's got some skills the others don't have - like he knows a good player when he sees one. BANG - SHOCK HORROR - that's now been used to say Pat wants to be a talent spotter!

As was pointed out by another poster - our club has already said they want directors to have expertise in a number of skills. The first skill being FOOTBALL PERFORMANCE.

Voting starts on Monday so good luck!

Allant1981
03-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Hi, the good thing is people can still see the hustings on Hibs Facebook page.Worth a look because Pat's speech never once said anything about player selection or scouting. Not once did he ever refer to "spotting a player."

Questions followed. He was asked if he was getting pushed /used as a front for others coz guys on message boards are a bit confused why a Hibs legend is standing!!!!!

My first thought was FFS that's a bit confrontational .... plus where exactly was this groundswell of 'guys' questioning Pat's reasons for standing? I missed that to be honest!

That conspiracy theory question definitely rocked Pat but he did not lose his rag.

Pat's was then asked if he could represent fans coz he was known as The Quiet Man and that he had personally never seen Pat at HOME or AWAY games.

The lad who asked the question has already admitted he could have phrased it better. It also doesn't make sense because I've only ever seen Pat and Frank at games but that doesn't mean the other candidates do not attend - that would be a silly conclusion or accusation to make. Pat pointed that out.

Pat then misunderstands the next questioner . He thinks he's still under attack and being accused of having no skills. So he says he's entitled to defend himself and mentions he's got some skills the others don't have - like he knows a good player when he sees one. BANG - SHOCK HORROR - that's now been used to say Pat wants to be a talent spotter!

As was pointed out by another poster - our club has already said they want directors to have expertise in a number of skills. The first skill being FOOTBALL PERFORMANCE.

im pretty sure he said he knows how to spot a player

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2017, 10:52 AM

However Pats speech did mention how well HMFC communicate with their fans, based on what. That they keep asking them to bail them out over & over again. Who cares what happens with them.

scoopyboy
03-02-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm disappointed Pat Stanton stood for election.

He was my first Hibs hero and gave me a lot of great times as a laddie. I would happily spend hours in his company listening to stories about Hibs.

However, I don't think he's grasped that as a fans rep it is not about recognising a player when he sees one (although I would have to say he didn't recognise many he was manager).

He may well get elected, but if he does it's simply because he's Pat Stanton and fans still adore him and not because of his suitability for the role.

Peevemor
03-02-2017, 11:42 AM

He was my first Hibs hero and gave me a lot of great times as a laddie. I would happily spend hours in his company listening to stories about Hibs.

However, I don't think he's grasped that as a fans rep it is not about recognising a player when he sees one (although I would have to say he didn't recognise many he was manager).

He may well get elected, but if he does it's simply because he's Pat Stanton and fans still adore him and not because of his suitability for the role.

Pat was manager at Hibs during a difficult period. Crowds were at a low ebb everywhere and 5k was the norm at Easter Road for run of the mill matches. I think it's maybe unfair to judge him on what he done as Hibs manager, though it's telling that he hasn't managed since.

I fully understand the reason for the question about whether somebody else is behind his candidature. His involvement with Petrie Out, Buy Hibs, etc. has already been mentioned and he also seems very cosy with Hibs Retro who, together with other unofficial merchandise, always seem to advertising different prints etc. signed by the man himself. I've no idea who's behind Hibernian Retro, but they sail pretty close to the wind in terms of copyright - they've recently started to advertise live broadcasts of Hibs matches (via periscope) - I'm amazed they haven't been pulled up for it.

Hibernian Retro have come out firmly behind Pat & Charlene, but they seem to have been involved with Pat's bid from the outset.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Pat was manager at Hibs during a difficult period. Crowds were at a low ebb everywhere and 5k was the norm at Easter Road for run of the mill matches. I think it's maybe unfair to judge him on what he done as Hibs manager, though it's telling that he hasn't managed since.

I fully understand the reason for the question about whether somebody else is behind his candidature. His involvement with Petrie Out, Buy Hibs, etc. has already been mentioned and he also seems very cosy with Hibs Retro who, together with other unofficial merchandise, always seem to advertising different prints etc. signed by the man himself. I've no idea who's behind Hibernian Retro, but they sail pretty close to the wind in terms of copyright - they've recently started to advertise live broadcasts of Hibs matches (via periscope) - I'm amazed they haven't been pulled up for it.

Hibernian Retro have come out firmly behind Pat & Charlene, but they seem to have been involved with Pat's bid from the outset.

Have they started stalking either of them online or in person yet?

scoopyboy
03-02-2017, 11:56 AM

Interesting P and I agree with most of that.

Crowds were at a low ebb everywhere but that in my eyes mean it would have made cup runs / wins that wee bit easier if a manager picked up good players.

Even Celtic and Rangers were relatively poor in the early eighties, once Souness arrived at Ibrox in 86 it got a helluva lot harder.

patlowe
03-02-2017, 12:00 PM
The first set of questions to Pat were definitely antagonistic and could have been couched in a far more diplomatic manner. However, they were effective in the sense that the response showed that he probably isn't an appropriate candidate for the role. When you are in an elected position, there will always be people with a different opinion or those wanting to have a go for whatever reason. Dealing with that tactfully is a required skill if you are going to represent people IMO. Having said that, arguably the most powerful man in the world has been elected without those skills so what do I know...

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Have they started stalking either of them online or in person yet?
The Retro endorsement may be a problem 😁

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Tom Hart RIP
03-02-2017, 12:48 PM

I think you and some others are a bit harsh on Pat's signing record. His biggest was Roughie for £60k and he swapped Bobby Flavell for Willie Irvine. He also signed John Collins, Mickey Weir, Gordon Hunter and gave them debuts. He also brought Kano through although Bertie Auld signed him the day before he left.

Mike Conroy didn't work but he didn't cost much. Can't remember many more signings as Kenny Waugh wasn't one for splashing the cash.

Remember Pat was Fergie's first number 2 at Aberdeen, and he is one of the few that he still talked highly of in his autobiography.

He was only in charge 91 games.

et vireta
03-02-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't.

We have plenty people to do that.

Could you clear something up for me here ?

Is it what you think they are looking for ? or

What the board have stated what they are looking for ?

Andy74
03-02-2017, 01:23 PM
If you accept "spotting a player" is part of football performance then I think thats what the board are looking for . A bit of input of expertise at board level.

If the board think we have a gap on that front they should look to employee someone in an executive capacity or add someone to the board if they think that will help in the usual way as they see fit.

Boards should always be evaluating their own performance and skill set against what they want to achieve and should have plans in place to address any gaps.

The roles as they have outlined them for these two particular positions don't include filling the particular gap you've mentioned, if there is a gap.

bigwheel
03-02-2017, 01:27 PM
If the board think we have a gap on that front they should look to employee someone in an executive capacity or add someone to the board if they think that will help in the usual way as they see fit.

Boards should always be evaluating their own performance and skill set against what they want to achieve and should have plans in place to address any gaps.

The roles as they have outlined them for these two particular positions don't include filling the particular gap you've mentioned, if there is a gap.

well actually, the contribution areas are quite (too?) broad...particularly the last bullet point (below). Not particularly helpful in my view, as the role is primarily defined as a set of activities, as opposed to a few key outcomes they want it to focus on...think it should have been much more focussed on representing the voice of the supporters. The list does make me question whether someone based outside of Scotland could actually fulfil the duties with ease..

Attend monthly board meetings. Normally weekday mornings and lasting 3 hours.

Attend ad hoc board meetings to address specific issues that may arise. Normally in the evenings.

Represent the club on match days, both home and away.

Attend meetings at supporter club branches, or with ad hoc supporter groups.

Mix with, and talk to, supporters at matches to gauge feeling and note issues that are worthy of board attention.

Attend Working Together meetings, bi-monthly and in the evening.

Attend Club functions throughout the year, either at Easter Road or any other venue.

Provide expertise to the board and Club based on your particular skill set. In general the areas covered at board meetings are: football performance, finance, commercial, operations and general management.

et vireta
03-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Yep very good answer.

You might have fattened it out a wee bit though by referring to Point 8 of the Job Spec.(as drawn up by the board,probably after evaluation)
That makes reference to a particular skill they feel might need addressed and thats why its mentioned there.

Football Expertise/Skill

Andy74
03-02-2017, 01:36 PM
well actually, the contribution areas are quite (too?) broad...particularly the last bullet point (below). Not particularly helpful in my view, as the role is primarily defined as a set of activities, as opposed to a few key outcomes they want it to focus on...think it should have been much more focussed on representing the voice of the supporters. The list does make me question whether someone based outside of Scotland could actually fulfil the duties with ease..

Attend monthly board meetings. Normally weekday mornings and lasting 3 hours.

Attend ad hoc board meetings to address specific issues that may arise. Normally in the evenings.

Represent the club on match days, both home and away.

Attend meetings at supporter club branches, or with ad hoc supporter groups.

Mix with, and talk to, supporters at matches to gauge feeling and note issues that are worthy of board attention.

Attend Working Together meetings, bi-monthly and in the evening.

Attend Club functions throughout the year, either at Easter Road or any other venue.

Provide expertise to the board and Club based on your particular skill set. In general the areas covered at board meetings are: football performance, finance, commercial, operations and general management.

Fair point, thanks.

I think that is supposed to be a way of saying that you will contribute like every board member to every aspect of the club but not worded well. They shouldn't be addressing skills in that broad way - if boards have a need for a skill they should fill that.

I think its some governance advice they need. :wink:

marinello59
03-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Yep very good answer.

You might have fattened it out a wee bit though by referring to Point 8 of the Job Spec.(as drawn up by the board,probably after evaluation)
That makes reference to a particular skill they feel might need addressed and thats why its mentioned there.

Football Expertise/Skill

So rather than meeting the fans and bringing their issues to the table you would have Pat Stanton as a director dealing directly with the football side of things? That simply isn't what we are voting for.

Stantons Angel
03-02-2017, 01:45 PM

there may be a point in your post that is spot on!

We have thousands of would be "talent scouts" "so called managers" on here but no one with a football brain on the board of the club.

Maybe if Pat gets voted on the board, they can use his skills set to help with player spotting on the basis of what he hears from the fans. (we have all seen some great wee player destined to make it big)

He doesn't have to sit at a computer pushing buttons to be a fans rep he has years of experience in the one thing that no one the present board has at all and that's FOOTBALL!

I'm an oldie as well and not very literate on the new fangle computer packages either, but I can still do my job well and i bring more to it with the life experience I gained with out computers doing my thinking!

Pat has loads of skills in man management of young players and spotting them too and no one on here can tell me he hasn't! You don't have to stand up in an audience and shout the loudest to be admired and respected. You go about your job honestly and to the best of your ability and show respect to others around you. if he needs help on computers I am sure there are many keyboard wizards on here that will jump at the chance to help him.

Tuesday night was not a good night for him. Its in the past now and we have to look at the future. You all wanted fans on the board and you have a chance to elect them. Squabbling between ourselves on here and elsewhere gets no one nowhere.

With both a mixture of heart and head I hope we can all make good choices and I wish all the candidates good luck in the voting.

ancient hibee
03-02-2017, 01:49 PM
I think you and some others are a bit harsh on Pat's signing record. His biggest was Roughie for £60k and he swapped Bobby Flavell for Willie Irvine. He also signed John Collins, Mickey Weir, Gordon Hunter and gave them debuts. He also brought Kano through although Bertie Auld signed him the day before he left.

Mike Conroy didn't work but he didn't cost much. Can't remember many more signings as Kenny Waugh wasn't one for splashing the cash.

Remember Pat was Fergie's first number 2 at Aberdeen, and he is one of the few that he still talked highly of in his autobiography.

He was only in charge 91 games.
Pat could have been with Fergie for the rest of his career.Striking out on his own was a really bad decision.

superfurryhibby
03-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Pat could have been with Fergie for the rest of his career.Striking out on his own was a really bad decision.

No one can ever know if that would have been the case. He did what anyone would have done at the time and took the job he craved.

If I recall rightly, Pat had successful spells at Cowdenbeath and then Dunfermline before coming to Hibs. He joined a club which was at a low ebb. In his auto biography he describes just what kind of state Hibs were in when he arrived. Resorting to signing guys from Junior football and catapulting them straight into the first team was a counterpoint to the signing of a big name like Rough.

In terms of his standing for the fans rep, probably not the wisest move for him. He has the respect of nearly all Hibs fans and putting himself into the firing line makes me uncomfortable. It does seem very "political" and whilst I don't doubt that Pat is smart enough to know what he is doing, I feel he has miscalculated on this one.

Hopefully HSL will obtain enough shares to bring about meaningful fan representation soon enough. My impressions are that the current posts are more ambassadorial and from what I see, the is little beyond their representing the club in that role that has been achieved these past two years

ancient hibee
03-02-2017, 02:10 PM
No one can ever know if that would have been the case. He did what anyone would have done at the time and took the job he craved.

If I recall rightly, Pat had successful spells at Cowdenbeath and then Dunfermline before coming to Hibs. He joined a club which was at a low ebb. In his auto biography he describes just what kind of state Hibs were in when he arrived. Resorting to signing guys from Junior football and catapulting them straight into the first team was a counterpoint to the signing of a big name like Rough.

In terms of his standing for the fans rep, probably not the wisest move for him. He has the respect of nearly all Hibs fans and putting himself into the firing line makes me uncomfortable. It does seem very "political" and whilst I don't doubt that Pat is smart enough to know what he is doing, I feel he has miscalculated on this one.

Hopefully HSL will obtain enough shares to bring about meaningful fan representation soon enough. My impressions are that the current posts are more ambassadorial and from what I see, the is little beyond their representing the club in that role that has been achieved these past two years
The last I saw the HSL shareholding was way,way below the holding of individual shareholders,8 percent as against twenty four.

et vireta
03-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Fair point, thanks.

I think that is supposed to be a way of saying that you will contribute like every board member to every aspect of the club but not worded well. They shouldn't be addressing skills in that broad way - if boards have a need for a skill they should fill that.

I think its some governance advice they need. :wink:

Andy to be fair there is a lot of confusion on what we are actually voting for.

People keep time and time again saying we are voting for a fans rep.
We are not.

We are voting to nominate someone to sit on the board of Hibernian football club.
If anyone doubts that then I suggest you look up on the Hibs official website, section detailing the directors.
They are all listed as Directors.
Amit & Frank are not listed as Fans Reps.

Do I want the board to listen to what the fans are saying ? You bet I do !

Do I want a more enhanced set of skills on the board ? Yes Yes Yes

The board have a lot of great people already in place with a mixture of different skills from various different professions and background.

The board (not the football operation) are lacking football expertise

Anyhow this debate is going to run and run but at this moment in time I have to quit and get earning a Bobee !

Peevemor
03-02-2017, 02:25 PM

We are not.

We are voting to nominate someone to sit on the board of Hibernian football club.
If anyone doubts that then I suggest you look up on the Hibs official website, section detailing the directors.

The board have a lot of great people already in place with a mixture of different skills from various different professions and background.

Anyhow this debate is going to run and run but at this moment in time I have to quit and get earning a Bobee !
We're not voting for fans' reps? Nobody told Hibs then.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6945

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 02:31 PM

We are not.

Why do the board need football expertise?

They have a whole staff to provide expertise:

Neil Lennon
Garry Parker
Grant Murray
Alan Combe
George Craig
Eddie May
Lee Makel
Chris Smith
Graeme Mathie
Sandi Lyall

There's no shortage of football expertise at Hibs. Football boards up and down the country don't have football experts on them.

Man Utd:

Avram Glazer
Joel Glazer
Ed Woodward
Richard Arnold
Jamieson Reigle
Cliff Batty
Kevin Glazer
Bryan Glazer
Darce Glazer
Ed Glazer
Robert Leitao
Manu Sawhney
John Hooks

Who's the football expert on the board of the richest and one of the biggest clubs in world football?

Johnny Clash
03-02-2017, 02:38 PM
So rather than meeting the fans and bringing their issues to the table you would have Pat Stanton as a director dealing directly with the football side of things? That simply isn't what we are voting for.

The words in your post that I highlighted are indeed what Pat said in his speech.

He talked about the importance of the Hibs support. How we make incredible sacrifices for the club we all love. He said Hibs supporters have been ignored in the past which caused problems. Communication needs to get better and he acknowledged there had been recent improvements. He NEVER said anything at all about "spotting players".

I can understand how supporters reading this thread would have got the wrong impression because a few posters have claimed Pat talked about "spotting players" as if he'd be some sort of talent scout. His speach is still online so I hope people listen to what he actually said as opposed to a myth that no matter how often it gets repeated it will never become the truth.

:flag:

Peevemor
03-02-2017, 02:40 PM
The words in your post that I highlighted are indeed what Pat said in his speech.

He talked about the importance of the Hibs support. How we make incredible sacrifices for the club we all love. He said Hibs supporters have been ignored in the past which caused problems. Communication needs to iget better and he acknowledged there had been recent improvements. He NEVER said was anything at all about "spotting players".

I can understand how supporters reading this thread would have got the wrong impression because a few posters have claimed Pat talked about "spotting players" as if he'd be some sort of talent scout. His speach is still online so I hope people listen to what he actually said as opposed to a myth that no matter how often it gets repeated it will never become the truth.

You're wrong. He said something along the lines of "I might not be able to work a computer, but I can spot a player".

Peevemor
03-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Having just watched again, when asked if he would use the same means of communication proposed by the other candidates, he said that he had other skills - he knows a good player when he sees one. That he might not be able to work a computer, but we don't play against computers on a Saturday.

Of course he's right, but...

superfurryhibby
03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
The last I saw the HSL shareholding was way,way below the holding of individual shareholders,8 percent as against twenty four.

I tried to look at their website, it doesn't appear to confirm the level of shareholding. I assumed it was a good bit higher than 8%. Perhaps the figure I had in mind was a combination of HSL and the combined stake of individual fans.

Back to the debate. Personally, I feel we should scrap the whole director thing. Nothing tangible to show for all the talk. The bugbears that we highlight constantly remain unfixed, for whatever reason. Communication hasn't been great and although there is some great outreach being done, I think we all hoped for much more.

Stanton should be honorary President and we should appoint the next successful fans rep candidates as official ambassadors. Lets call it what it is, because pretending otherwise is taking the piss.

Johnny Clash
03-02-2017, 02:52 PM

Hi P,

Previous post covers your point mate.

Andy74
03-02-2017, 03:13 PM

Neil Lennon
Garry Parker
Grant Murray
Alan Combe
George Craig
Eddie May
Lee Makel
Chris Smith
Graeme Mathie
Sandi Lyall

There's no shortage of football expertise at Hibs. Football boards up and down the country don't have football experts on them.

Man Utd:

Avram Glazer
Joel Glazer
Ed Woodward
Richard Arnold
Jamieson Reigle
Cliff Batty
Kevin Glazer
Bryan Glazer
Darce Glazer
Ed Glazer
Robert Leitao
Manu Sawhney
John Hooks

Who's the football expert on the board of the richest and one of the biggest clubs in world football?

Actually I have some sympathy with boards having to have some expertise of their industry. If not then they can't provide challenge to management in the most effective way.

Think banks pre crisis, the allegation being that the non exec directors did not have enough understanding of the products and instruments and were unable to question the information given to them by the executive.

You also need independence, a mix of skills and experiences and diversity of thought but there is a place for some expertise.

Is Pat the man for that? Not from what I witnessed from that coverage.

Is one of these roles the right way to address that gap? No, however the spec is written up the clear intention is to provide 2 places for members who are there to interact with and represent fans more directly.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Just catching up with this question.
Other than Charlene, Amit, and Tracey, has anyone else posted on here? That's not a prerequisite for me, by the way. I'd just like to see what they're saying.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2017, 08:33 PM
I tried to look at their website, it doesn't appear to confirm the level of shareholding. I assumed it was a good bit higher than 8%. Perhaps the figure I had in mind was a combination of HSL and the combined stake of individual fans.

Back to the debate. Personally, I feel we should scrap the whole director thing. Nothing tangible to show for all the talk. The bugbears that we highlight constantly remain unfixed, for whatever reason. Communication hasn't been great and although there is some great outreach being done, I think we all hoped for much more.

Stanton should be honorary President and we should appoint the next successful fans rep candidates as official ambassadors. Lets call it what it is, because pretending otherwise is taking the piss.

Recent email says just shy of 11%

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Other than Charlene, Amit, and Tracey, has anyone else posted on here? That's not a prerequisite for me, by the way. I'd just like to see what they're saying.

I was only saying this same thing today, even though they all promised they would, even those who hate computers.

I didnt believe them.

Here and social media is a prerequisite for me, given my location. There will obviously be others like me who dont live locally to easter road, and its the only way along with the press they will ever be able to contact me.

I'm pretty sure they all will have something up somewhere for us all to read eventually.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 08:44 PM
I was only saying this same thing today, even though they all promised they would, even those who hate computers.

I didnt believe them.

Here and social media is a prerequisite for me, given my location. There will obviously be others like me who dont live locally to easter road, and its the only way along with the press they will ever be able to contact me.

I'm pretty sure they all will have something up somewhere for us all to read eventually.
Their statements are on the Club website.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Their statements are on the Club website.

Yes i have read each one, what i mean is now, now they have had the hustings, promises were made by them all about reaching out to the fans.

As you pointed out, only 3 have tried to engage with us here or on social media, unless i have missed anyone else?

et vireta
03-02-2017, 08:51 PM

Neil Lennon
Garry Parker
Grant Murray
Alan Combe
George Craig
Eddie May
Lee Makel
Chris Smith
Graeme Mathie
Sandi Lyall

Man Utd:

Avram Glazer
Joel Glazer
Ed Woodward
Richard Arnold
Jamieson Reigle
Cliff Batty
Kevin Glazer
Bryan Glazer
Darce Glazer
Ed Glazer
Robert Leitao
Manu Sawhney
John Hooks

Very very good point. I didn't realise that was the make up of the board at Man Utd . (I thought Fergie and Sir Bobby Charlton were on it)

Thats what happens when you take your eye of the ball !

I'm a great admirer of German Football and a big fan of Bayern Munich so I always watch whats going on there and am aware of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's involvement. I'm not saying we're a Bayern Munich but a man is allowed to dream ! :wink:

Anyhow that's it for me now its been good debating the points and I hope the whole process goes well.

What an absolutley fabulous part The Hibs Net have played in it.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Yes i have read each one, what i mean is now, now they have had the hustings, promises were made by them all about reaching out to the fans.

As you pointed out, only 3 have tried to engage with us here or on social media, unless i have missed anyone else?
Hibs Retro are hosting a Q and A with Pat on their Facebook page apparently.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 08:57 PM
The Retro endorsement may be a problem 😁

Are we saying for sure that retro are behind / promoting a candidate but not actually standing in person? Genuinely confused but not comfortable with anyone doing their talking or campaigning through third parties

Pretty Boy
03-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Very very good point. I didn't realise that was the make up of the board at Man Utd . (I thought Fergie and Sir Bobby Charlton were on it)

Thats what happens when you take your eye of the ball !

I'm a great admirer of German Football and a big fan of Bayern Munich so I always watch whats going on there and am aware of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's involvement. I'm not saying we're a Bayern Munich but a man is allowed to dream ! :wink:

Anyhow that's it for me now its been good debating the points and I hope the whole process goes well.

What an absolutley fabulous part The Hibs Net have played in it.

Agreed it's been a (mostly) good debate.

As it should be imo. It's an important issue and good to see fans engaged on here, the Bounce and other social media.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Hibs Retro are hosting a Q and A with Pat on their Facebook page apparently.

Cheers, will look forward to seeing it. :aok:

Are we saying for sure that retro are behind / promoting a candidate but not actually standing in person? Genuinely confused but not comfortable with anyone doing there talking or campaigning through third parties

FFS dont anyone ask him that. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Cheers, will look forward to seeing it. :aok:

FFS dont anyone ask him that. :greengrin
Had to be done. I like to know who I am voting for.

StevieCowan
03-02-2017, 09:21 PM
Scarp the whole idea now. If there was ever evidence that fans running a club is a terrible idea then this is it.

It's divisive and that should be the end of it.

I'll leave on the note that Amit and Frank have done a good job over the last 2 years.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Scarp the whole idea now. If there was ever evidence that fans running a club is a terrible idea then this is it.

It's divisive and that should be the end of it.

I'll leave on the note that Amit and Frank have done a good job over the last 2 years.
Where has it been said that fans are going to be running the club?

"Fan-ownership " is not "fan-running ". STF doesn't run the club just now; he delegates that to the Board. In the event of majority Fan-ownership, thats the model i reckon most fans would prefer to see; anything else would be daft IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2017, 09:52 PM

surprised there's not already a thread re: HSL e-mail today, anyway, i assume every other HSL contributor received an update e-mail today, not before time right enough

I am once again delighted to report that when our latest share subscription is processed you will be the proud owners of 9,801,875 shares in the Club. This will take our shareholding to almost 11% ( 10.64 to be precise). This is great news and means we are now more than half way towards our initial target of 20%. Once again thank you to all contributing supporters for this generosity.

We have contributed over £400,000 to the Club and this has been able to support our football ambitions. You can join from as little as £7.73 per month and will immediately know that you are on a path to owning a part of this wonderful football club.

Swedish hibee
04-02-2017, 02:32 AM
Do us overseas fans get a vote?
I've had a season ticket for years (even though I hardly used it!) but gave it up for this season.

C Feeney-Seale
04-02-2017, 04:10 AM
Do us overseas fans get a vote?
I've had a season ticket for years (even though I hardly used it!) but gave it up for this season.

Hi Swedish hibee,

As long as you have a client reference number, you're entitled to two votes. This is printed on season tickets, so if you still have last seasons check that, or contact the ticket office who can confirm.

Cheers,

Charlene

Beefster
04-02-2017, 07:12 AM

Not that I know of. We appear to have a more communication-shy group of candidates this time than last time, which is saying something. Even then, as we know from experience, there's no guarantee that the small number who are communicating will continue to after the election, if successful.

I'm just going to vote for the guy who couldn't even look up for his phone during the Q&A. I like the idea of Rodders and Dempster trying to get his attention during a Board meeting!

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Hi Swedish hibee,

As long as you have a client reference number, you're entitled to two votes. This is printed on season tickets, so if you still have last seasons check that, or contact the ticket office who can confirm.

Cheers,

Charlene
Hi Charlene.

There's a question on your own thread which you may have missed. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Ta.

et vireta
04-02-2017, 07:41 AM
Where has it been said that fans are going to be running the club?

"Fan-ownership " is not "fan-running ". STF doesn't run the club just now; he delegates that to the Board. In the event of majority Fan-ownership, thats the model i reckon most fans would prefer to see; anything else would be daft IMO.

Yep Agree with what Crops says.

Furthermore, I would say have a look at Real Madrid and Bayern Munich ? A form of collective seems to work in tandem with a board.

traceyhibs
04-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Not that I know of. We appear to have a more communication-shy group of candidates this time than last time, which is saying something. Even then, as we know from experience, there's no guarantee that the small number who are communicating will continue to after the election, if successful.

I'm just going to vote for the guy who couldn't even look up for his phone during the Q&A. I like the idea of Rodders and Dempster trying to get his attention during a Board meeting!

Hi there,

I would want to meet the admins from the forums. Think it's important to build good relationships from the start. I've been an admin on a FB group which has 9000 members and I know the time and effort that goes into looking after these groups. Communication needs to be right from the off and finding out what works best for each of the forums. I can say I'm going to do this, that and the next thing but that might not suit every forum. There are so many supporters on these forums and all with their own and sometimes very different opinions which is great. The role holds a massive responsibility and one I wouldn't take lightly. I know words are always easy at this point it's all about putting things into action.

Hope you all enjoy the match today.

Cheers

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinello59
04-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Hi there,

I would want to meet the admins from the forums. Think it's important to build good relationships from the start. I've been an admin on a FB group which has 9000 members and I know the time and effort that goes into looking after these groups. Communication needs to be right from the off and finding out what works best for each of the forums. I can say I'm going to do this, that and the next thing but that might not suit every forum. There are so many supporters on these forums and all with their own and sometimes very different opinions which is great. The role holds a massive responsibility and one I wouldn't take lightly. I know words are always easy at this point it's all about putting things into action.

Cheers

Tracey

I don't think you'd want to meet the Admins from here Tracey, a dodgy looking bunch to say the least.:agree:

traceyhibs
04-02-2017, 08:22 AM
I don't think you'd want to meet the Admins from here Tracey, a dodgy looking bunch to say the least.:agree:

Ha ha you've seen what I look like surely can't be any worse than that lol [emoji23]

Pretty Boy
04-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Ha ha you've seen what I look like surely can't be any worse than that lol [emoji23]

Not sure about that. Thet M59 is one dodgy character.

traceyhibs
04-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Not sure about that. Thet M59 is one dodgy character.

I'll take my chances and security [emoji23]

Beefster
04-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Hi there,

Cheers

Tracey

Cheers Tracey. That's reassuring.

On another note, I know it's election time when Frank is circulating in BTG.

C Feeney-Seale
04-02-2017, 05:06 PM

Hi Beefster,

I've tried to set out that all my proposals are connected to getting the views from a wider section of fans, and to do this continuing to communicate and be available on here, other forums, social media and in person will all be important.

Nothing we can do or say just now will prove how we'll do in the role, but I can say that I haven't bee shy about sharing my contact details, and can be held to account should fans feel I am not being responsive enough.

Cheers,

Charlene

Beefster
04-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Hi Beefster,

I've tried to set out that all my proposals are connected to getting the views from a wider section of fans, and to do this continuing to communicate and be available on here, other forums, social media and in person will all be important.

Nothing we can do or say just now will prove how we'll do in the role, but I can say that I haven't bee shy about sharing my contact details, and can be held to account should fans feel I am not being responsive enough.

Cheers,

Charlene

Sorry, I was exempting Tracey and yourself from my criticism. You two and Amit are the only ones that I know of having been on here out of nine candidates. IIRC last time there was a higher proportion of candidates engaging on Hibs.net.

So far, you've gone above and beyond in making yourself available.

Newhaven
04-02-2017, 06:39 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7247

Pats withdrawn

theonlywayisup
04-02-2017, 06:42 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7247

Given the comments on this thread I can't understand why anyone would put their name forward to be a Hibs fans representative.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2017, 07:00 PM
His response of "I went to the cup final" would indicate to me that he DOESN'T attend that regularly.Was sat next to me away at Morton a few weeks ago FWIW

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Well some of you will be happy now Pat has withdrawn his nomination for a fans rep as per the official site tonight.

i for one am saddened that this has come about and how distasteful the whole event turned into for him.

I just hope people see the dignity, humility and the self respect that has always been the making of this man.

This is what is meant by being HIBS CLASS.......... He will ALWAYS be a Hibs Legend!

CallumLaidlaw
04-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Was sat next to me away at Morton a few weeks ago FWIW

In that case, his responses were daft.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Well some of you will be happy now Pat has withdrawn his nomination for a fans rep as per the official site tonight.

i for one am saddened that this has come about and how distasteful the whole event turned into for him.

I just hope people see the dignity, humility and the self respect that has always been the making of this man.

This is what is meant by being HIBS CLASS.......... He will ALWAYS be a Hibs Legend!
I'm happy he's stood down, he's not right for the job in my opinion.Hes a living legend, but the job is clearly not suitable for him.

Carheenlea
04-02-2017, 07:25 PM

None more so than Pat I suspect..

DaveF
04-02-2017, 07:25 PM

I think some are happy as it will saved him from a whole heap more aggravation and nonsense had he been elected.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 07:42 PM

Nobody is happy, he shouldn't have been standing, get over yourself

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2017, 08:56 PM

There was 9 in the bed and the little one said roll over roll over.

So they all rolled over & 1 fell out.

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2017, 09:01 PM

It's your fault BF 😂

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 09:14 PM
There was 9 in the bed and the little one said roll over roll over.

So they all rolled over & 1 fell out.

It was a very wee bed!!!

Johnny Clash
04-02-2017, 09:17 PM

I think it's definateiy our loss but obviously it's Pat's decision, which I respect.

I have no idea what all the conspiracy theory stuff was about - I suspect it's small beer paranoia but it's done now.

As you say - Pat remains Hibs Class and he's got nothing to feel bad about,

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2017, 09:43 PM
It's your fault BF 😂

It appears so:wink:

Stantons Angel
04-02-2017, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;4933409]Nobody is happy, he shouldn't havei been standing, get over yourself[/QUOTE

Im glad others are unhappy! Whether or not he should have been standing was up to him and him only! We cant tell any of them not to stand people do things they want to and if it was wrong for him so be it.

As for getting over myself....................Sheer Hibs Class!

C Feeney-Seale
05-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder that the voting opens tomorrow to select the next two reps.

Voting is open from Monday 6 February to Monday 6 March.

You can vote online, or you’ll be able to vote at home games during this period (we have games against Dunfermline on Saturday 25 Feb, and Morton on Saturday 4 March).

As long as you have a client reference number you’ll be eligible to vote, and you can each vote for two candidates. The ticket office can help if you aren’t sure what your client reference is.

If anyone had any more questions they wanted to ask, more than happy to take these on here, or have a chat at the games.

Cheers,

Charlene

HappyHanlon
05-02-2017, 05:12 PM

Why shouldn't he have stood? Cause he doesn't go to all the games?

Explain please!

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2017, 05:32 PM

Explain please!

I dont think he should have stood either, he does not care for social media and said he does not like it.

We need someone in the position who will embrace it, and thats why i don't think Frank Dougan should be involved too.

Social media be it facebook/twitter or even these fans sites like this and the bounce are a fantastic way to get in touch with many many more supporters than just going behind the goals or sitting in the Hibs club.

For that reason alone, he was never suitable for the job in my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2017, 05:37 PM

Explain please!

Read the similar answers given by many.......

I really don't have to explain.....

lord bunberry
05-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder that the voting opens tomorrow to select the next two reps.

Voting is open from Monday 6 February to Monday 6 March.

You can vote online, or you’ll be able to vote at home games during this period (we have games against Dunfermline on Saturday 25 Feb, and Morton on Saturday 4 March).

As long as you have a client reference number you’ll be eligible to vote, and you can each vote for two candidates. The ticket office can help if you aren’t sure what your client reference is.

If anyone had any more questions they wanted to ask, more than happy to take these on here, or have a chat at the games.

Cheers,

Charlene
I had made up my mind to vote for you and Tracy, but your endorsement from Hibernian Retro has forced me into a rethink.

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Sorry, I don't know about anybody else but I'm getting a bit tired of these thinly veiled accusations that folk had some sort of anti Pat Stanton agenda, or were glad to see things pan out the way they did.

I'm pretty sure that for the vast majority of us the only reason we were uncomfortable with Pat putting himself forward was that we had seen what the previous incumbents had been through and the criticism they had faced at times. We could see that if it came to it there could come a time where criticism of Pat as a result of being a fans rep could cause divisions and arguments amongst supporters, with some insisting he would have to be treated like any other rep and others jumping to his defence come what may.

As it turns out my ( and I'm sure others ) fears turned out to be entirely justified before a vote was even cast. Just look at the carnage that's been caused by the very first question he was asked ...... It doesn't matter whether or not the question was justified, or loaded, or whatever .... it immediately resulted in a fight between folk who thought he handled it badly and should be open to any question and those who thought the question was unfair ( even planted ) and disrespectful.

Its almost turned this board into what looks like pro and anti Pat Stanton factions, so much so that a thread has already had to be closed because folk were getting personal ...... I myself have already had my posts on the subject described by another forum member as 'getting my jollies' ..... not exactly constructive is it?

The last part of you're post absolutely goes to the heart of the matter. You make this final point as if it was a right hook to the jaw of those of us who felt moved to be critical of Pat, you make it sound as if we are all walking about congratulating ourselves because we have won some sort of victory here in a battle to keep Pat off the board.
Nothing could be further from the truth, even though I didn't want Pat to stand for the reasons I have given, once he had chosen to do so I was more than prepared to give him the same attention respect and chance as every other candidate. But given that, Pat and those who supported him standing also had to accept that he had to be exposed to the same scrutiny as all the others and be prepared to deal with questions he didn't like professionally.

I wasn't impressed by his presentation and I wasn't impressed by the way he handled both of the people who put questions to him ..... setting aside the first questioner, I was more concerned by his reaction to the second questioner who made a point I had made myself on here about perhaps finding a way to utilise all of the qualities the various candidates could bring to the club.
Pat entirely missed the point the guy was making and for some reason took it to mean he was questioning his ability to do the job, which he clearly wasn't. If folk were upset that Pat was put on the spot and an attempt was allegedly made to embarrass him, imagine what the guy who put that question felt like being angrily taken to task by a club legend in front of his fellow Hibs fans and hundreds looking in on line.

None of this means I have any less respect for Pat Stanton the man or Pat Stanton the Hibs legend ..... he was, is and always will be Mr Hibs to me and every other Hibs fan, no matter what our stance on this matter and I don't know about anybody else but I resent any suggestion that that isn't the case.

Forza Fred
05-02-2017, 07:13 PM
My observation of the situation is that realistically the choice of reps are down to 4 people now, with the other candidates being also rans.

Frank
Amit
Charlene
Tracey.

There has been criticism of a lack of communication by some people on this board from the previous elected reps (myself included) , but sometimes I think this board is not necessarily fully representative of the views out there.

Frank was voted in by his çonstituency"'of the people he has got to know over the years on his travels up and down Easter Road, and I think will be returned again, by them with the highest number of votes...

I do think he has made a strategic blunder by not posting on here since the hustings though...

That leaves one position being fought out by three candidates, and the betting man in me says it is too close to call.

ronaldo7
05-02-2017, 07:25 PM
My observation of the situation is that realistically the choice of reps are down to 4 people now, with the other candidates being also rans.

Frank
Amit
Charlene
Tracey.

There has been criticism of a lack of communication by some people on this board from the previous elected reps (myself included) , but sometimes I think this board is not necessarily fully representative of the views out there.

Frank was voted in by his çonstituency"'of the people he has got to know over the years on his travels up and down Easter Road, and I think will be returned again, by them with the highest number of votes...

I do think he has made a strategic blunder by not posting on here since the hustings though..

That leaves one position being fought out by three candidates, and the betting man in me says it is too close to call.

Pat's self imposed removal from the process has helped Frank imo, however, I wouldn't count my chickens too soon if I were him.

The lassies have lots of support out there in the ether.

cleanyman
05-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Both the girls will get my vote

Magnus
05-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Not much point in voting for two facebook, twitter, social media and communication gurus. Just end up with two versions of exactly the same thing.
Surprised none of the candidates have thought of teaming up with one of the others with different skills, abilities and regime to present a more rounded and substantial use of two seats on the board.

Martin Dundas
05-02-2017, 08:03 PM
There's a long way to go folks ! Voting starts tomorrow. Good luck to all the other candidates.

Forza Fred
05-02-2017, 08:48 PM
There's a long way to go folks ! Voting starts tomorrow. Good luck to all the other candidates.

Indeed, good luck to ALL the candidates, and total respect for putting your heads up above the parapet.

Forza Fred
05-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Not much point in voting for two facebook, twitter, social media and communication gurus. Just end up with two versions of exactly the same thing.
Surprised none of the candidates have thought of teaming up with one of the others with different skills, abilities and regime to present a more rounded and substantial use of two seats on the board.

Social media is simply a modern day channel of communication.

It is WHAT is communicated ON these forums that defines the message, not The means of how it is communicated.

Using social media these days is equivalent to using telephones in the fifties.......

Never heard of anybody not getting a vote because they were telephone gurus......

traceyhibs
05-02-2017, 09:06 PM

Good luck Martin. Whatever happens we are all Hibees. Great speaking to you yesterday [emoji460][emoji172]

Martin Dundas
05-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tracey. Likewise. We are indeed all Hibees. Even after enduring 90minutes like that yesterday!

traceyhibs
05-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks Tracey. Likewise. We are indeed all Hibees. Even after enduring 90minutes like that yesterday!

Ha ha yeah was a bit dire first half. Second half slightly better. #GGTTH

traceyhibs
05-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has engaged since the hustings evening and to those who managed to get along on the night. Been great seeing everyone's opinions on all of us and on the process.

If anyone has any questions I'll be keeping an eye on here or you can reach me on:

traceyhibs@yahoo.co.uk

Twitter - @tlhudson02

Or I am on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Tracey.smith.925602

Happy to answer any questions or concerns anyone might have.

Wishing all the candidates the best of luck. #GGTTH [emoji172][emoji460]

Gerard
05-02-2017, 09:54 PM
I am impressed with the skills of the people who are standing for election to the Hibs BODs as non-executive directors. All these candidates can contribute to our club regardless of being elected to the Hibs board. In this sense there are only winners and not losers. I hope that the club can find a position for Mr Stanton to contribute officially to our club as he is a legend.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Frank and Tracey will be getting my votes.

Leith Mo
05-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Amit and probably Tracey for me. I had considered Charlene a runner but her failure to respond on the other thread re Hibs Retro issue of (potential) conflict with the Club over loss of money re intellectual property rights shows (for me) lack of deeper awareness of a key commercial issue which has been a part of Supporter/Boardroom relations for long enough. Whoever is elected I wish them well

DaveF
06-02-2017, 05:44 AM
Tracy will get my vote and it will be either Frank or Amit for the other.

Frank has the time to commit to it but Amit is by far a better communicator. Tough one.

lucky
06-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Frank is getting my vote still unsure who gets the other but any of them that helps me get a ticket for the PBS can have it

C Feeney-Seale
06-02-2017, 05:57 AM
Amit and probably Tracey for me. I had considered Charlene a runner but her failure to respond on the other thread re Hibs Retro issue of (potential) conflict with the Club over loss of money re intellectual property rights shows (for me) lack of deeper awareness of a key commercial issue which has been a part of Supporter/Boardroom relations for long enough. Whoever is elected I wish them well

Hi Leith Mo,

I've responded to this a couple of times setting out that there isn't an existing relationship there, Hibs Retro have been one of the ways I've engaged with fans since that start of this process (for example, yesterday they had a Q and A on their facebook page).

On the specific point about club revenue, I have said I don't know the detail. My suspicion is that were there a commercial issue, the club lawyers would have been all over this (especially as any conflict could jeapordise the relationship we have with Nike).

However I that is my personal view and as I say I have not been privy to any conversations around this. Were I selected as a fan rep and this issue was highlighted by fans, I would of course raise it with the board as with any other issue.

Cheers,

Charlene

Forza Fred
06-02-2017, 06:27 AM
Hi Leith Mo,

I've responded to this a couple of times setting out that there isn't an existing relationship there, Hibs Retro have been one of the ways I've engaged with fans since that start of this process (for example, yesterday they had a Q and A on their facebook page).

On the specific point about club revenue, I have said I don't know the detail. My suspicion is that were there a commercial issue, the club lawyers would have been all over this (especially as any conflict could jeapordise the relationship we have with Nike).

However I that is my personal view and as I say I have not been privy to any conversations around this. Were I selected as a fan rep and this issue was highlighted by fans, I would of course raise it with the board as with any other issue.

Cheers,

Charlene

Not sure why Charlene is being given heat over this to be honest, nor why she should have previous knowledge of any issues with said organisation.

As far as I am concerned she has answered the questions posed openly and honestly, and I'm pretty sure that whomever is elected will be facing ongoing issues they were not privy to prior to election.

I've no doubt Charlene..and the others for that matter, have the ability to quickly gather facts, come to terms with them, and act accordingly in the best interests of the club.

lord bunberry
06-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Not sure why Charlene is being given heat over this to be honest, nor why she should have previous knowledge of any issues with said organisation.

As far as I am concerned she has answered the questions posed openly and honestly, and I'm pretty sure that whomever is elected will be facing ongoing issues they were not privy to prior to election.

I've no doubt Charlene..and the others for that matter, have the ability to quickly gather facts, come to terms with them, and act accordingly in the best interests of the club.
I also think she's answered the questions openly and I don't believe she has any deal with HR. I don't trust HR though and I think it would've been better for her to distance herself from them.
I won't be voting for her now, which is a shame as she was one of the best candidates.

sleeping giant
06-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Hi Leith Mo,

Cheers,

Charlene

Hi Charlene ,

Have you brought this subject up with HR?

Hiber-nation
06-02-2017, 07:57 AM
I also think she's answered the questions openly and I don't believe she has any deal with HR. I don't trust HR though and I think it would've been better for her to distance herself from them.
I won't be voting for her now, which is a shame as she was one of the best candidates.

I'm in the same boat. I want nothing to do with any candidate connected with HR and it's a shame as I agree, she seems to be a very good candidate. Still haven't decided whether to vote.

et vireta
06-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Now that Pat Stanton has withdrawn with great honour and dignity I'm now reassessing my options.

I have a question for all the candidates.

I believe passionately in getting as much investment into the Hibs to help Neil Lennon compete with the Aberdeens Hearts etc.

What would you do to seek internal investment ? (I mean not involving anything internal like fans groups etc, no Hibs connection whatsoever)

Part of the remit is, you have a presence in boardrooms etc. In commerce, a lot of business is secured during entertaining guests etc.

What would be your target in obtaining money from this source ?

Frank and Amit can help out here by giving me an idea what has been achieved from this source over the last couple of years.

Thanks very much

PS I am comfortable with everyone and their comminications etc between Fans and board so need to mention that part.

Pretty Boy
06-02-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm in the same boat. I want nothing to do with any candidate connected with HR and it's a shame as I agree, she seems to be a very good candidate. Still haven't decided whether to vote.

Likewise for me.

I'm a bit wary of criticising Hibernia Retro too much publicly as the guy is a bit of a loose cannon imo. Up until recently he was pretty relentless in his online stalking of me with multiple likes on my Instagram account, tweets favourited and so on. Had I not deleted my twitter account and tightened up security elsewhere I'm sure it would still be ongoing. Add to that another group offering prizes for details of my name and address and I'm a bit worried some people take an online forum to talk about Hibs too seriously.

Anyway the Retro link is a vote loser for me. Obviously someone can't help who endorses them but having had the issues flagged up and still agreed to do the Q&A with them seems at best naive to me. My main concern is the endorsement is offered with something in return expected, my guess would be a friendly ear regarding Retros half baked plan for a Famous Five statue. I don't mean this to sound superior but had hibs.net chosen to endorse a candidate they could rest assured we are kosher. We are a registered LLP and have our accounts done professionally every year, these are then filed at Companies House (As an aside HR is aware of this as he paid the fee to look at them in the hope of flagging up a discrepancy or 2 I assume). Has such 'due diligence' been done with regards to HRs standing? Given they are a commercial enterpise I would have expected anyone being offered an endorsement by them to have a decent knowledge of how they operate. Is that the case here? Not that I can see.

andyf5
06-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Likewise for me.

I'm a bit wary of criticising Hibernia Retro too much publicly as the guy is a bit of a loose cannon imo. Up until recently he was pretty relentless in his online stalking of me with multiple likes on my Instagram account, tweets favourited and so on.
I've never heard of Hibernian Retro until now. What's the issue that some folk have? Just found their Facebook page and some interesting pictures.

Peevemor
06-02-2017, 03:03 PM
I've never heard of Hibernian Retro until now. What's the issue that some folk have? Just found their Facebook page and some interesting pictures.

The guy's assembled a great collection of photos and videos on his page. However he also sells a lot of unofficial merchandise, much of which seems pretty borderline copyright wise - in terms of both the club and photographers, newspapers, etc.

He sells signed photos and paintings. Pat Stanton features quite regularly (including photos of Pat himself signing stuff). There's no problem at all with this, but it could have been one of the reasons why some peope questioned whether Pat was 'put up' to stand for the board.

He also recently started advertising live match coverage vie periscope - again pretty dodgy.

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Different people have different reasons. Mine:-

1. the fact that he dresses himself up as a "fans' group", when he is actually a commercial operation. The photos etc. are a marketing tool, designed to drive you to his commercial side. Nothing wrong with that, in itself, but there is when you describe yourself as one thing, and are actually something else.

2. his disregard for the laws of copyright, not only the Club's, but also that of others. As a result, he is arguably depriving the Club of income. (personally, I wouldn't buy any of his tat, but that's not the point.)

3. his attitude when faced with challenges on social media. Anything not to his liking is blocked or deleted, particularly on his FB page which is held out as a "community".

C Feeney-Seale
06-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Now that Pat Stanton has withdrawn with great honour and dignity I'm now reassessing my options.

I have a question for all the candidates.

I believe passionately in getting as much investment into the Hibs to help Neil Lennon compete with the Aberdeens Hearts etc.

What would you do to seek internal investment ? (I mean not involving anything internal like fans groups etc, no Hibs connection whatsoever)

Part of the remit is, you have a presence in boardrooms etc. In commerce, a lot of business is secured during entertaining guests etc.

What would be your target in obtaining money from this source ?

Frank and Amit can help out here by giving me an idea what has been achieved from this source over the last couple of years.

Thanks very much

PS I am comfortable with everyone and their comminications etc between Fans and board so need to mention that part.

Hi et vireta,

I wouldn't have a target for raising revenue from any source. I haven't stood to be finance director, and it's unlikely the fan reps on the board will see this as their primary responsibility.

My priority would be representing interests of fans - while obviously everyone wants the club to succeed fans reps are there to make sure decisions are made in a fair way.

There are two areas I feel the club has missed a trick recently and would want to get more views on: cup merchandise and calendar signing.

I called and emailed the shop loads to ask what would be available and when - it took far too long for the club to take advantage of the historic win in my opinion, and I know that other fans felt the same. In general terms, I think it's worth having a conversation about what is stocked in the club shop, as I know I'm not the only one who compares the range unfavourably with other club.

Secondly, in the calendar point again I think we could have done more. Growing up, I was always so excited to meet my heroes and get the calender signed, we used to queue overnight to make sure we were among the first season ticket holders who qualified. This year, only 200 tickets were sold and these did sell, very quickly. There was definitely more demand there.

While the actual taking on the day are pretty limited, I feel it's a great shame that so many kids missed the opportunity to have the sort of magical experience I did. If we want to grow revenues and the fan base, getting kids excited about the club is critical, we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to a small and arbitrary number which fell massively short of demand.

We need to be collecting suggestions from supporters of better ways to engage and excite young fans.

Cheers,

Charlene

northstandhibby
06-02-2017, 03:23 PM

Charlene definitely appears to be one of the best candidates, open, engaging, friendly and is a hibby. The endorsement by HR won't put me off voting for such an outstanding candidate, however its everyone to their own and i'm not in any way criticising your point of view merely adding my own.

glory glory

Eaststand
06-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Likewise for me.

I'm a bit wary of criticising Hibernia Retro too much publicly as the guy is a bit of a loose cannon imo. Up until recently he was pretty relentless in his online stalking of me with multiple likes on my Instagram account, tweets favourited and so on. Had I not deleted my twitter account and tightened up security elsewhere I'm sure it would still be ongoing. Add to that another group offering prizes for details of my name and address and I'm a bit worried some people take an online forum to talk about Hibs too seriously.

Anyway the Retro link is a vote loser for me. Obviously someone can't help who endorses them but having had the issues flagged up and still agreed to do the Q&A with them seems at best naive to me. My main concern is the endorsement is offered with something in return expected, my guess would be a friendly ear regarding Retros half baked plan for a Famous Five statue. I don't mean this to sound superior but had hibs.net chosen to endorse a candidate they could rest assured we are kosher. We are a registered LLP and have our accounts done professionally every year, these are then filed at Companies House (As an aside HR is aware of this as he paid the fee to look at them in the hope of flagging up a discrepancy or 2 I assume). Has such 'due diligence' been done with regards to HRs standing? Given they are a commercial enterpise I would have expected anyone being offered an endorsement by them to have a decent knowledge of how they operate. Is that the case here? Not that I can see.

I might be missing something here but if HR is a one person operation, who is the nutjob behind that sort of daftness ?

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
06-02-2017, 03:37 PM
I might be missing something here but if HR is a one person operation, who is the nutjob behind that sort of daftness ?

GGTTH

I'm not going to name him on here as it's unfair that he doesn't have the right of reply. I/we aren't the only people to have had bother with him though.

lord bunberry
06-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Charlene definitely appears to be one of the best candidates, open, engaging, friendly and is a hibby. The endorsement by HR won't put me off voting for such an outstanding candidate, however its everyone to their own and i'm not in any way criticising your point of view merely adding my own.

glory glory
It's not so much the endorsement it's the fact that she did the q+a on his Facebook page after it. A bit of research should've been done before she went ahead with it.

Swedish hibee
06-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm voting for Tracy. I met her last season with her daughter in the FF Lower and had a lot of passion for the Hibees. She'll do us fans right.

C Feeney-Seale
06-02-2017, 03:46 PM
It's not so much the endorsement it's the fact that she did the q+a on his Facebook page after it. A bit of research should've been done before she went ahead with it.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this.

The Q and A was me directly corresponding with fans, I think that's exactly what a prospective fans rep should be doing, especially one who has said they want to reach out to as many fans as possible.

Cheers,

Charlene

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2017, 03:50 PM

The Q and A was me directly corresponding with fans, I think that's exactly what a prospective fans rep should be doing, especially one who has said they want to reach out to as many fans as possible.

Cheers,

Charlene

You did it AFTER it had been pointed out to you what HR is.

At the very least, you should have postponed it until you had carried out your own research. The polls are open for about a month.

lord bunberry
06-02-2017, 03:51 PM

Cheers,

Charlene
You were directly corresponding with fans through a site that has history of undermining the club at every opportunity, not to mention the other unsavoury things this guy has done.
I can only presume you don't know anything about this guy, but I feel your association with him however tenuous it is isn't doing your chances of being elected any good.

Since90+2
06-02-2017, 03:55 PM
I'll be voting for both Tracey and Charlene.

woodythehibee
06-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Cheers,

Charlene

Charlene,

I appreciate that the issue of you working in London has been raised many times, but how many games do you reckon you attend in a season (both home and away)?

I would expect a board member to attend the vast majority, if not all, games in order to represent the club and communicate with fans etc.

northstandhibby
06-02-2017, 04:18 PM

I suppose being a candidate means they wish to communicate with all and sundry, since when did politicians pass up the chance of gathering every vote possible :greengrin.

glory glory

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Likewise for me.

Bloody hell, that is terrible, I will be deleting my account with that site when I get home. He is unstable at best. 😱😱

Eaststand
06-02-2017, 04:33 PM
I'm not going to name him on here as it's unfair that he doesn't have the right of reply. I/we aren't the only people to have had bother with him though.

I can understand yoiur reluctance to name them on a public forum, is there any chance of a PM from you ?

GGTTH

06-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Charlene gets my vote. Friendly, engaging and clearly very passionate about the club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Great post from Nae Nookie at 1944 last night, particularly paragraph 1.

147lothian
06-02-2017, 05:03 PM
I just voted for Frank and Charlene!

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Had no idea that Hibs Retro had a bit of a bad rep, I look at their stuff on FB all the time. I still haven't decided who will get my 2nd vote after Tracey ... I know Charlene is getting a bit of stick for her apparent association with Hibs Retro, but it doesn't appear to me that she actually has anything to do with what the site produces or its methods.

If she was to be elected I presume that like any director of the club she would flag up anything she is made aware of regarding copyright infringement and the like. Perhaps it would help if she would confirm that.

Brooster
06-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Anything or anyone linked to Hibs Retro get scored off my list. Im still undecided but I think we need 2 new faces.

Martin Dundas
06-02-2017, 06:51 PM
I really hope as many people as possible read the role spec and watch the videos on the website and vote for the candidates that they believe are best suited to the role.

If you feel that one of these people is me, VOTE MARTIN DUNDAS !

GGTTH

GreenArmyyy!
06-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Frank and Tracey have my votes.

Going to be honest I wasn't really aware of what Frank had been doing in the role in the last couple of years till I really did some digging over the last few weeks and I'm genuinely astounded at the amount he does behind the scenes. Second thing that struck me was I couldn't make the hustings the other week but I popped in at the end to meet the candidates who were still mingling and Frank must have been there till half past 10 at night. Once I left there I went round to Easter Road to queue for Derby tickets and the first people to turn up to help with the queue at half 6 in the morning were Frank and Greig Mailer which I thought was absolutely fantastic. They spent hours walking up and down the queue, giving out the vouchers, addressing issues, making tea and coffee for everyone and just generally helping the time pass quicker. The tipping point was Frank's willingness to do a live video Q & A on our group today. A lot of people have been questioning Frank's ability to communicate with the wider support using online platforms (myself included) but I think the fact he approached us himself today and sat taking live questions for the best part of an hour proves his willingness to change/adapt and that for me will mean he gets one of my votes.

Tracey whether or not any of you know this is a very good friend of mine and was also an admin on our group so I understand if some people will think I am biased towards her but I genuinely believe she is one of the two best candidates for the role.

On our group Tracey helped build a massive following through, interaction, engagement through putting her hand in to her own pockets to provide quiz prizes which helps create excitement within the support. She spends a lot of time just answering general questions through PM on Facebook from group members which was effectively the basic role description for a fans rep in the first place. She even offered to collect tickets for supporters for away games that couldn't make it to Easter Road to collect them on numerous occasions last season. Along with myself and other admins she has helped in funding player sponsorships and sending flowers arrangements to Leeann Dempster after we won the Scottish cup.

Tracey has been attending the working together meetings for some time now, so much so that I believe she is in charge of taking the minutes for the majority of the meetings (I'm sure she will quickly correct me if I'm wrong!). During these meetings she is already taking back feedback and questions from the support to be answered or passed on to the club and has been doing so quite a while now.

She regularly volunteers at the Hibs kids days in the West Stand car park providing a "tourist information" service if you like and helping families have a great Hibs experience.

All that aside she is an extremely approachable woman with a heart of gold that will make time for everybody which makes her a real stand out for me.

GGTTH!

GreenArmyyy!
06-02-2017, 09:02 PM
I don't mean to cause any disrespect to Charlene but the only reason I've not seriously considered voting for her is due to her living in London.

I was nominated at the beginning of this process and took time to consider my options whilst being in contact with the club about what the role would entail. Being a banker in Edinburgh working 9-5 Monday to Friday I came to the conclusion that at this moment in my career I couldn't come the time and commitment needed to carry out the role to the highest possible standards. I know Charlene has said several times she would be at games home and away whilst attending board meetings and club events but I just don't see how that can be feasible with such commitments. How can you live in London work in different parts of the country whilst committing to not only attending games every Saturday but attending club events in the evenings and board meetings which are generally during the day midweek?

Visibility and accountability are key for me in deciding which candidates to support and I feel to do that you need to be local. As I've said I truly mean no disrespect to Charlene as she seems like a lovely woman, just my own take on things.

Forza Fred
06-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Latest odds fro Arfur Daley Turf Accountantants

To gain the highest number of votes

Frank1/3
Tracey 2/1
Amit 5/2
Charlene 3/1

Forza Fred
06-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Agree that Frank's Q&A session, will result in many votes for him.

I have been a friend of Frank's for too many years but WAS critical of him in regard to a particular communication issue, where he undertook to get back to me, but didn't.....until I reminded him.

I think what he said on the Qand A session shows that he has learned from such hiccups, and rightly points out that what may seem to many as a 'minor' issue, is in fact a major issue to whomever has raised it, and they deserve to be answered by their representative.

My main criticism though has been that the reps have basically been viewed as being additional board resources, as opposed to actually voicing fans concerns.

This hopefully will be corrected through the new found communication embracing philosophy that all hopefuls now espouse.....and I shall monitor the actual site against the promised as time marches on.

Being an overseas based supporter my needs are admittedly probably different to someone who attends ER every week...eg..the Quality of Hibs TV live broadcasts is obviously going to be a higher priority than the quality of pies at ER.

Despite my (legitimate) criticism of Frank, I have no doubt whatsoever of his passion and commitment to the Hibs cause, and while there may be a mood among some for 'change for change sake' or for fresh ideas' I am also of the view that our first two ever supporter reps really were constrained by being the first, with not even the. Club being sure what was expected of them.

Tracey and Charlene, both impress me, but if the current incumbents were to be returned then I would not be displeased.

I have not fully made my mind up whom I will vote for btw, but certainly the more people put themselves out there' and I get to 'know' them, the more likely I would vote for them I think.

Forza Fred
06-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Had no idea that Hibs Retro had a bit of a bad rep, I look at their stuff on FB all the time. I still haven't decided who will get my 2nd vote after Tracey ... I know Charlene is getting a bit of stick for her apparent association with Hibs Retro, but it doesn't appear to me that she actually has anything to do with what the site produces or its methods.

If she was to be elected I presume that like any director of the club she would flag up anything she is made aware of regarding copyright infringement and the like. Perhaps it would help if she would confirm that.

I never knew eithera out Hibs Retro....other than looking at some of their old pics.

Certainly can't recall seeing it raised to any degree on this forum before..and I've been visiting for over a decade!

I DO feel that Charlene is wrongly getting heat over this....if I was standing for a position I would be showing my face on EVERY Hibs related web site out there, and getting some exposure ...doesn't mean I am 'owned' by them, just because I answer questions by them..nor does it mean that the hundreds thousands who look at the BBC agree with everything it says either....

superfurryhibby
07-02-2017, 07:08 AM
I never knew eithera out Hibs Retro....other than looking at some of their old pics.

Certainly can't recall seeing it raised to any degree on this forum before..and I've been visiting for over a decade!

I DO feel that Charlene is wrongly getting heat over this....if I was standing for a position I would be showing my face on EVERY Hibs related web site out there, and getting some exposure ...doesn't mean I am 'owned' by them, just because I answer questions by them..nor does it mean that the hundreds thousands who look at the BBC agree with everything it says either....

Maybe the "issues" raised by Pretty Boy are part of the reason why discussion about Hibs retro are curtailed Fred. I heard some fairly negative things about the site and privately messaged them, hoping for a brief response which addressed my queries. To be fair, they answered quickly, but completely refused to engage in discussion around the main point. Thereafter, I stopped patronising their social media.

In terms of candidates, I wonder if others are afforded the same opportunity to use Hibs Retro as a platform? As long as it's equitable then fair enough.

My message to all candidates would be to use any media they can and engage. Most people will look at what's written about candidates on the official Hibs website, not too many will bother watching their videos. It's about profile and of them all, only Frank was known to me before election as a non exec director.

Itsnoteasy
07-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Latest odds fro Arfur Daley Turf Accountantants

To gain the highest number of votes

Frank1/3
Tracey 2/1
Amit 5/2
Charlene 3/1

The fave doesn't always win 🐎

woodythehibee
07-02-2017, 07:29 AM
I don't mean to cause any disrespect to Charlene but the only reason I've not seriously considered voting for her is due to her living in London.

I was nominated at the beginning of this process and took time to consider my options whilst being in contact with the club about what the role would entail. Being a banker in Edinburgh working 9-5 Monday to Friday I came to the conclusion that at this moment in my career I couldn't come the time and commitment needed to carry out the role to the highest possible standards. I know Charlene has said several times she would be at games home and away whilst attending board meetings and club events but I just don't see how that can be feasible with such commitments. How can you live in London work in different parts of the country whilst committing to not only attending games every Saturday but attending club events in the evenings and board meetings which are generally during the day midweek?

Visibility and accountability are key for me in deciding which candidates to support and I feel to do that you need to be local. As I've said I truly mean no disrespect to Charlene as she seems like a lovely woman, just my own take on things.
I'm with you on that one. You can't live in London and be on the Hibs board and do the role justice in my opinion. I fully expect the fans rep to be at the vast majority (if not all) games in order to represent the club and be visible for the fans to communicate with. In addition , they should also be attending other events such as Working Together and branch meetings etc.

Bearing this in mind, together with the Hibs Retro link, and watching the Facebook Q&A's, I am going with Frank and Tracey.

et vireta
07-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Hi et vireta,

I wouldn't have a target for raising revenue from any source. I haven't stood to be finance director, and it's unlikely the fan reps on the board will see this as their primary responsibility.

My priority would be representing interests of fans - while obviously everyone wants the club to succeed fans reps are there to make sure decisions are made in a fair way.

There are two areas I feel the club has missed a trick recently and would want to get more views on: cup merchandise and calendar signing.

I called and emailed the shop loads to ask what would be available and when - it took far too long for the club to take advantage of the historic win in my opinion, and I know that other fans felt the same. In general terms, I think it's worth having a conversation about what is stocked in the club shop, as I know I'm not the only one who compares the range unfavourably with other club.

Secondly, in the calendar point again I think we could have done more. Growing up, I was always so excited to meet my heroes and get the calender signed, we used to queue overnight to make sure we were among the first season ticket holders who qualified. This year, only 200 tickets were sold and these did sell, very quickly. There was definitely more demand there.

While the actual taking on the day are pretty limited, I feel it's a great shame that so many kids missed the opportunity to have the sort of magical experience I did. If we want to grow revenues and the fan base, getting kids excited about the club is critical, we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to a small and arbitrary number which fell massively short of demand.

We need to be collecting suggestions from supporters of better ways to engage and excite young fans.

Cheers,

Charlene

Hello Charlene and thanks for getting back to me.

You say you communicate and yes you communicate !

Very disappointed not to have heard back from Amit (Is he on hols?)
Frank doesn't communicate through this type of forum so didn't really expect to hear from him

Leith Mo
07-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Hello Charlene and thanks for getting back to me.

You say you communicate and yes you communicate !

Very disappointed not to have heard back from Amit (Is he on hols?)
Frank doesn't communicate through this type of forum so didn't really expect to hear from him

Yes Amit def on holiday this week though I think he gets back today so probably be catching up/on here later I would imagine.

GreenCastle
07-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Few ideas I would a fans rep to take up...

Would it be possible to enclose the stadium in the corners. Not building work but adding higher signage / boards to make it feel more enclosed. Currently we do this for about 1/4 way between stands.

Recycling and rubbish on match days - could Hibs lead the way and encourage fans to pick up and rubbish and take to bins after games rather than just leaving under seat / blown onto pitch / attracting sea gulls ?

Simple things but would show improvements in the match day experience.

Cod Boy
07-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure how true this is but I will ask incase it is. Did Hibs sell tickets for the Roseburn stand as part of a hospitality package and if so how was this allowed as it shouldn't have happened and did the current fans reps know about this .

Since90+2
07-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Hibs did indeed sell "hospitality" tickets for standard seats in the Roseburn for the derby that would normally have been in the standard allocation. As far as I am aware that has never previously happened for a derby at Tynecastle.

I believe Amit has already been asked to look into how this decision was made and report back.

Liam978
07-02-2017, 03:15 PM

It's obviously a no brainer then that you should just leave it at Tracy, other than minimise her chances by using your second vote, easy peasy no ?

Johnny Clash
07-02-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm with you on that one. You can't live in London and be on the Hibs board and do the role justice in my opinion. I fully expect the fans rep to be at the vast majority (if not all) games in order to represent the club and be visible for the fans to communicate with. In addition , they should also be attending other events such as Working Together and branch meetings etc.

Bearing this in mind, together with the Hibs Retro link, and watching the Facebook Q&A's, I am going with Frank and Tracey.

Thing is though,,, Charlene has stated she would attend all board meetings and go to plenty home and away games. Same with other candidates so living in London isn't the biggie that some folk think. It is possible to elect an Edinburgh based candidate that goes everywhere and attends everything but does not communicate with fans!

Communication seems a huge issue in this election. Existing reps are now agreeing that they could have done more and will do better if re-elected so that's good to hear.

I believe candidates with specific ideas on how to gauge opinion then raise matters in the boardroom and to regularly report back to the Hibs support deserve support.

woodythehibee
07-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Thing is though,,, Charlene has stated she would attend all board meetings and go to plenty home and away games. Same with other candidates so living in London isn't the biggie that some folk think. It is possible to elect an Edinburgh based candidate that goes everywhere and attends everything but does not communicate with fans!

Communication seems a huge issue in this election. Existing reps are now agreeing that they could have done more and will do better if re-elected so that's good to hear.

I believe candidates with specific ideas on how to gauge opinion then raise matters in the boardroom and to regularly report back to the Hibs support deserve support.

I quite liked Frank's Q&A where he commented that you pretty much need to be at every Home and Away match to both represent the club and to be there to speak with the fans. Not only just dealing with any queries, but even just listening to what fans are saying to their mates to gauge the feeling of the support. This is priceless information to in-gather for a board of any organisation. This shows the importance of attending all (or vast majority) of the matches.

As GreenArmy pointed out above, it's also key for a Fans Rep to be flexible and attend impromptu meetings and club events that occur throughout the week which is difficult to achieve if you are not local.

Totally agree that communication is key for this election. Amit & Frank have powered through a lot of good work in the last two years, but perhaps a lot of the good work has not been communicated to the fans.

C Feeney-Seale
07-02-2017, 04:03 PM
I agree that being visible and approachable at games is important, and I've pledged at the hustings and online that I'll be at all board meetings, home games and many away games.

However, I feel this is only one part of the role. We can't expect to gauge fans opinion properly if you just rely on those who take the time to approach you at the games - not everyone has the time to get there early, hang around after or sit in the 'right' place to have their views heard after all. There are lots of fans who aren't able to attend games week in, week out, but still have views on how the club can improve and still should be informed about progress. That's why I personally feel that the key part of the role will be proactively reaching out to fans through as many channels as possible - in person, but also getting views online in message boards, using social media and email as well as phone.

This is why I've suggested ways we can increase the communication with fans around board meetings, to give better sight of what the work is doing, and to share the discussions the fans reps are having so that people have the chance to comment on what the perceived priorities are.

So, I personally feel that clearly being at games is important, but it's far from the be all and end all of this role.

Cheers,

Charlene

Johnny Clash
07-02-2017, 04:39 PM
I quite liked Frank's Q&A where he commented that you pretty much need to be at every Home and Away match to both represent the club and to be there to speak with the fans. Not only just dealing with any queries, but even just listening to what fans are saying to their mates to gauge the feeling of the support. This is priceless information to in-gather for a board of any organisation. This shows the importance of attending all (or vast majority) of the matches.

As GreenArmy pointed out above, it's also key for a Fans Rep to be flexible and attend impromptu meetings and club events that occur throughout the week which is difficult to achieve if you are not local.

Totally agree that communication is key for this election. Amit & Frank have powered through a lot of good work in the last two years, but perhaps a lot of the good work has not been communicated to the fans.

Yes - fair points.'

I read previously Frank & Amit held one surgery before a game and 12 supporters turned up so I think no more were held. Hopefully we'll see more of this. It's not perfect but at least we'd know where to go to raise issues direct with our elected reps.

A few comments have been said about the elected reps being able to benefit from the unsuccessful candidates' talent after the election. I agree with that so I'm hoping that sense of collective solidarity would happen. I'm sure our reps, whoever they are, would welcome this help.

ColinNish
07-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes - fair points.'

I read previously Frank & Amit held one surgery before a game and 12 supporters turned up so I think no more were held. Hopefully we'll see more of this. It's not perfect but at least we'd know where to go to raise issues direct with our elected reps.

A few comments have been said about the elected reps being able to benefit from the unsuccessful candidates' talent after the election. I agree with that so I'm hoping that sense of collective solidarity would happen. I'm sure our reps, whoever they are, would welcome this help.

I was at that meeting and you are indeed right, there was only about 12 folk who turned up. This was quite sad to see IMO, especially with the amount of bleating I'd seen previously about why these hadn't been done before. It was possibly a bit early for folk, 12pm start but i found it worthwhile and interesting.

et vireta
08-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Hoping for a good turnout with the voting.

Could someone supply me with the total votes cast for each candidate at last election ?

C Feeney-Seale
08-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Hoping for a good turnout with the voting.

Could someone supply me with the total votes cast for each candidate at last election ?

He et vireta,

I agree, hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Here is an article which has some of the numbers from last time.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5145

Frank won with 571 votes, and Amit took 343. The article says there were a total of over 3000 votes cast. Of courselast time the voting criteria was a little different (season ticket holders only, and you had to cast 2 votes), and there were also 17 candidates as opposed to 8 this time.

Cheers,

Charlene

et vireta
08-02-2017, 12:06 PM
He et vireta,

I agree, hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Here is an article which has some of the numbers from last time.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5145

Frank won with 571 votes, and Amit took 343. The article says there were a total of over 3000 votes cast. Of courselast time the voting criteria was a little different (season ticket holders only, and you had to cast 2 votes), and there were also 17 candidates as opposed to 8 this time.

Cheers,

Charlene

Hi Charlene.

Are you sure it was season ticket holders only last time as another poster on another thread is saying that was not the case ? ( I could be wrong but thats what I read)

Thanks again

traceyhibs
08-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Hi Charlene.

Are you sure it was season ticket holders only last time as another poster on another thread is saying that was not the case ? ( I could be wrong but thats what I read)

Thanks again

Hi,

Believe Charlene is right. It was ST holders from the previous season and that season from memory. It was the same for being a candidate as well.

Cheers

Tracey

C Feeney-Seale
08-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Hi Charlene.

Thanks again

I've gone back and checked, and yeah it was current or recent season ticket holders plus shareholders only last time. Link below gives detail.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5035

Bostonhibby
08-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Hi Charlene.

Thanks again
It wasn't. Shareholders certainly had a vote.

Forza Fred
08-02-2017, 09:50 PM
It wasn't. Shareholders certainly had a vote.

But ordinary plebs like me who is neither a season ticket holder nor a share holder didn't, so it certainly has been 'opened ' up a bit this time.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2017, 09:54 PM
But ordinary plebs like me who is neither a season ticket holder nor a share holder didn't, so it certainly has been 'opened ' up a bit this time.
I could be wrong but didn't the vote last time round extend to anyone who had a reference number on the club site?

Forza Fred
08-02-2017, 09:59 PM
I could be wrong but didn't the vote last time round extend to anyone who had a reference number on the club site?

Nope, I watched it closely at the time as their was much discussion about how it could be done while ensuring that mischief makers did not get the ability to disrupt the vote, and season ticket holders was decided to be the way to go, as the bona fide so were check able.

Guess 'shareholders' were also added as that too would be check able.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Nope, I watched it closely at the time as their was much discussion about how it could be done while ensuring that mischief makers did not get the ability to disrupt the vote, and season ticket holders was decided to be the way to go, as the bona fide so were check able.

Guess 'shareholders' were also added as that too would be check able.
Sure you're right[emoji106] this late at night I can't recall where I was in the afternoon

Forza Fred
08-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Sure you're right[emoji106] this late at night I can't recall where I was in the afternoon

Whaddya mean 'this late at night'?

It's mid morning here!☺️

ACLeith
09-02-2017, 04:55 AM
Whaddya mean 'this late at night'?

It's mid morning here!☺️

But it'll be evening now I bet the temperature has plummeted 😀

Forza Fred
09-02-2017, 07:34 AM
But it'll be evening now I bet the temperature has plummeted 😀

7-30pm and it's just over 30 degrees.

Pity us on Saturday and Sunday when the Mercury is tipped to be above 40 degrees Celsius both days.

Thank DOG for swimming pools and air conditioning.

Already some kids pre season games have been cancelled due to the heat, and other games put back to evening kick off.

Relevance to this thread.....not much probably, but we'll be watching the cup game at 2am Sunday, when the temperature is still in the 20's

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed the derby yesterday. Atmosphere was electric. The Hibs end was bouncing. A little hoarse today to say the least.

Voting has been open for the Fans Rep for a week now (give or take a few hours). If you have a client reference number and are 16 or over, you can vote online or via the West Reception. For online you can vote using this link:

http://hibernianconsultation.co.uk/5/

Met some great supporters yesterday before, during and after the match and look forward to seeing those at Raith next week. Will be there with my 2 youngest.

If you have any questions please ask away. If you have favourite candidates it's your chance to vote and get them elected.

The Working Together Meeting is also on tonight at 6.30pm at ER via the West Reception. Would be great to see you there.

Cheers

Tracey [emoji460][emoji172]

marinello59
13-02-2017, 02:00 PM
It may be worth pointing out that you can vote for just one candidate. I'm not so sure that was the case last time, think you had to pick two.

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 02:33 PM
It may be worth pointing out that you can vote for just one candidate. I'm not so sure that was the case last time, think you had to pick two.

You have 2 votes this time but it's not compulsory to use both. You can't use both to vote for the same candidate

Thanks

Tracey

marinello59
13-02-2017, 02:34 PM
You have 2 votes this time but it's not compulsory to use both. You can't use both to vote for the same candidate

Thanks

Tracey

Yeap, I get that. Last time I'm not so sure there was the option just to pick one candidate although I might be wrong. Actually, make that probably wrong.

traceyhibs
13-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Yeap, I get that. Last time I'm not so sure there was the option just to pick one candidate although I might be (or more accurately probably) wrong.

I think you got 2 the last time and you had to use both. A little more flexibility this time as with who can vote also