PDA

View Full Version : Slightly concerned

swordin3
30-01-2017, 08:34 PM
If sky news is to be believed Chelsea are planing to raid Celtic of Dembele for a bid of anything between 20 - 40 million . Not good for us as I would expect Celtic to then put a bid in for John McGinn the hottest young prospect in Scotland bar none.:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Hiber-nation
30-01-2017, 08:35 PM
If sky news is to be believed Chelsea are planing to raid Celtic of Dembele for a bid of anything between 20 - 40 million . Not good for us as I would expect Celtic to then put a bid in for John McGinn the hottest young prospect in Scotland bar none.:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Why?

tamig
30-01-2017, 08:36 PM

They can get him in the summer. Why would they be desperate to get him now? Don't think you need to be concerned at all.

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 08:36 PM

Take the cash plus 20% sell on plus Leigh Griffiths & Liam Henderson.

cleanyman
30-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Hibs could break the record yet again....

Amazing that Brown's transfer fee still stands...and it has been 10 years.

Carheenlea
30-01-2017, 08:38 PM
We don't need to sell, and Lawell is not going to throw big money around in Scotland. McGinn won't be going anywhere this window in my opinion.

Mr White
30-01-2017, 08:40 PM
On the other hand that kind of cash could shift their signing policy towards focusing more on higher profile players ready to play a part in their champions league campaign next season rather than guys like McGinn who still have a long way to go in their development to be able to perform at that level. I suppose they could do both though.

Aldo
30-01-2017, 08:47 PM

Not a chance of this happening in this transfer window!!

northstandhibby
30-01-2017, 08:54 PM

I don't understand why Chelsea signing Dembele a striker would be a precursor for Celtic signing Super John. Don't think Celtic require bringing in money to put in a bid for SJM as they are the only club in Scotland that could afford the transfer fee. And its not a like for like. If they want to bid for SJM they don't need to sell first.

Doesn't add up.

:rolleyes:

Glory Glory

allezsauzee
30-01-2017, 08:55 PM
I would say they are less likely to be looking elsewhere in Scotland for their signings if they have 40m banked from selling Dembele. However if they are interested in signing John, I don't imagine they would need to sell Dembele before bidding. They know The Rangers can't afford him so there's no rush to beat them to it.

Pete
30-01-2017, 09:01 PM
I'll pass thanks.

Col2
30-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Sniff Sniff....

HoboHarry
30-01-2017, 09:02 PM
If Celtic wanted him enough they could buy him now regardless of whether they sell Dembele or not.

HibsNutter
30-01-2017, 09:09 PM
They'll have to pay through the nose. Would rather he didn't go near that *****hole

J-C
30-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Still don't understand why selling Dembele a striker would suddenly force Celtic into making an offer for a midfielder in McGinn :confused: 2 different players in different positions, surely if they sold Dembele they'd be looking at buying a striker.

Thecat23
30-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Still don't understand why selling Dembele a striker would suddenly force Celtic into making an offer for a midfielder in McGinn :confused: 2 different players in different positions, surely if they sold Dembele they'd be looking at buying a striker.

This 👍🏼

Brightside
30-01-2017, 09:11 PM

eh aye ok then.

Waxy
30-01-2017, 09:12 PM

Getting desperate

Del Boy
30-01-2017, 09:13 PM
If Celtic wanted him enough they could buy him now regardless of whether they sell Dembele or not.

Exactly.

Col2
30-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Concerned?

1. Top of our domestic league with healthy lead
2. Form very strong and we have an experienced manager (unlike the losers across the road)
3. Conceded lowest amount of goals across the whole of Europe
4. Top of the development league as well
5. Current Scottish Cup holders
6. Biggest average home crowd in over 40 years

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Only concern i have is they are overloading themselves with unknown players. I haven't got a clue who we will be up against.

Vini1875
30-01-2017, 09:17 PM
For me SJM would probably need at least one season in the Scottish Premier before celtc come calling. celtc are cruising in the league and will surely be looking at the champions league games to make money, by signing players to achieve these. As brilliant as I think SJM is he is still a bit away from that level.

CapitalGreen
30-01-2017, 09:18 PM

Celtic have returned to the transfer policy seen under Martin O'Neill, they will not be spending money on Scottish players.

HNA4
30-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Can we leave the yam-hunting to the admin team please? If anyone feels strongly enough about a post can you use the report function. Or even the ignore function as we're not going to allow witch hunts to continue on here. Thanks.

Slavoj Zizek
30-01-2017, 09:20 PM
If sky news is to be believed Chelsea are planing to raid Celtic of Dembele for a bid of anything between 20 - 40 million . Not good for us as I would expect Celtic to then put a bid in for John McGinn the hottest young prospect in Scotland bar none.:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo: The Celtic scouting team have absolutely no interest in either loaning players to or buying players from Hibernian FC. We are eight points clear. I will donate £20 a piece if either Hendo, Stokes, Commons or Ambrose are Hibs players by 1st Feb ITKs put your money where your keyboard's are and leave the lesser green reserves to their development league.

Mr White
30-01-2017, 09:22 PM
The Celtic scouting team have absolutely no interest in either loaning players to or buying players from Hibernian FC. We are eight points clear. I will donate £20 a piece if either Hendo, Stokes, Commons or Ambrose are Hibs players by 1st Feb ITKs put your money where your keyboard's are and leave the lesser green reserves to their development league.
Stokes is a Blackburn Rovers player.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2017, 09:22 PM
If Celtc coming looking for SJM with better than 20 million on the hip, why would we be worried about that?

jgl07
31-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Can we leave the yam-hunting to the admin team please? If anyone feels strongly enough about a post can you use the report function. Or even the ignore function as we're not going to allow witch hunts to continue on here. Thanks.

So someone posting crap should not be called out?

If Chelsea's swoop for Craig Gordon have succeeded would we expect an approach for, say, Fraser Fyvie?

Makes about as much sense as the OP.

lord bunberry
31-01-2017, 04:48 PM

If Chelsea's swoop for Craig Gordon have succeeded would we expect an approach for, say, Fraser Fyvie?

I don't think it takes that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that Celtic with £40m in the bank might want to snap up the best of the talent around. They will want to sign another striker, but they won't be spending anywhere near the full amount on one.
I fail to see how having that opinion makes you a hearts fan.

Andy74
31-01-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't think it takes that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that Celtic with £40m in the bank might want to snap up the best of the talent around. They will want to sign another striker, but they won't be spending anywhere near the full amount on one.

No but starting a thread to get a set of fans 'worried' on transfer day might point to that - particularly when the content of a low post count seems to pretty much cover Hearts related topics...

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Hasn't posted on here since either. Strange that!

Celtic could afford McGinn if they wanted him even if no one was sold from them.

jgl07
31-01-2017, 05:12 PM
I never said that the OP was a Saville.

I just suggested that the posting was a non-sequitur (things you don't use to prune Rose bushes).

I just don't see what is in for it for Celtic. Why sell a 20-year old now when they will probably get a lot more later. Why sign a non-replacement now when he would struggle to get much game time. He has yet to prove himself in the Premiership.

What is in for it for Hibs? There seems no financial need to sell players. There would be next to no chance of getting a replacement at this stage. This could undermine Hibs' promotion run. It could also piss off the fans and cause attendances to drop.

Finally, what is in for it for SJM? I suspect that his aspirations might extend beyond Celtic. Why sacrifice a high profile role at Hibs to become a bench warmer for Celtic?

lord bunberry
31-01-2017, 05:25 PM
I never said that the OP was a Saville.

I just suggested that the posting was a non-sequitur (things you don't use to prune Rose bushes).

I just don't see what is in for it for Celtic. Why sell a 20-year old now when they will probably get a lot more later. Why sign a non-replacement now when he would struggle to get much game time. He has yet to prove himself in the Premiership.

What is in for it for Hibs? There seems no financial need to sell players. There would be next to no chance of getting a replacement at this stage. This could undermine Hibs' promotion run. It could also piss off the fans and cause attendances to drop.

Finally, what is in for it for SJM? I suspect that his aspirations might extend beyond Celtic. Why sacrifice a high profile role at Hibs to become a bench warmer for Celtic?
I don't think they will try and sign him either. The post your previous reply quoted was about calling other posters hearts fans.

GreenLake
31-01-2017, 05:25 PM
SJM's valuation just tripled and we will have a huge budget for players next summer if he goes.

HNA4
31-01-2017, 05:40 PM

Of course not. The request was for the yam accusations to stop. Believe it or not most of those accusations, usually based on low post counts, turn out to be wrong. That's why we ask that people report posts if they feel strongly enough and we'll look into it.

"Call out" to your hearts content :greengrin

swordin3
31-01-2017, 09:07 PM
As there was a request for more members to post last week I have done so.Like most things in life people's opinions differ.But I am really disappointed in some of the attitudes on here.Having attended Hibs games for over 40 years I am entitled to post and not be accused of being a Hearts spy.There are some real ar@eholes who are posting on here.To the decent Hibbys GGTTH.

A Hi-Bee
31-01-2017, 09:18 PM
As there was a request for more members to post last week I have done so.Like most things in life people's opinions differ.But I am really disappointed in some of the attitudes on here.Having attended Hibs games for over 40 years I am entitled to post and not be accused of being a Hearts spy.There are some real ar@eholes who are posting on here.To the decent Hibbys GGTTH.

Well said pal never be scared to voice yer own opinion it is worth the same as anyone elses, and thats one o the problems wi opinions they are just that like it or lump it.

swordin3
31-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Well said pal never be scared to voice yer own opinion it is worth the same as anyone elses, and thats one o the problems wi opinions they are just that like it or lump it.

Cheers totally agree.

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2017, 09:29 PM

Well tbh not many have called you a jambo, but look at what you posted, it makes no sense. People will call you out on that. If it's your opinion that Celtic when selling a striker for £40m would then come to Hibs on transfer deadline day and try and buy one of our best midfielders, that is fine, but you have to expect to be called out for it. Calling other posters names isn't very nice either :wink: