PDA

View Full Version : Hustings tomorrow night new details

GORDONSMITH7
30-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Nice to get some detail....I share it with amigos......BIG G

Fellow fans,

I am up for election along with 7 others for one of the Fan director positions . Here are details of a hustings organised at the Hibs club for tomorrow night . I hope you can make it along but if not I hope you will take a look at my statement on the Club site.

“ We have a date confirmed for the hustings event – Tuesday 31 January. Thanks to everyone for feeding in their availability.

The event will take place at the Hibs Club, 11 Sunnyside, Edinburgh EH7 5RA, starting at 7pm for approximately 2 hours. We would ask that you arrive by 6.15pm for a pre-event briefing.

The format will consist of the following:

Each candidate will be given a maximum of 6 minutes in total on stage to address the supporters, answering the following two questions:

o “Why should I be a supporter representative non-executive director?”

o “What are your proposals for communicating with supporters, both receiving information from supporters and feeding back to supporters?”

· Depending on the turn-out from supporters we may invite questions on stage, or then break from the formal session to allow supporters to talk individually to yourselves. We would encourage you to take that opportunity to mingle with supporters and make yourself available to answer any questions they have.

The session will be chaired by Bruce Langham, who you all have met previously. We hope to stream the event through the Club’s Facebook page to allow us to reach a wider audience. “

GGTTH !

Cllr. Gordon Munro - Leith Ward - Labour

BIG G

Carheenlea
30-01-2017, 06:57 PM
The streaming would be an excellent thing to do if they can broadcast a decent feed - very helpful for out of town fans and those who simply can't make it.

GORDONSMITH7
30-01-2017, 07:26 PM
The streaming would be an excellent thing to do if they can broadcast a decent feed - very helpful for out of town fans and those who simply can't make it.

Totally agree. Definitely not a techno, neither on Facebook nor Twitter, however I would have thought the Hibs TV technology could be used. I am probably wrong.

GGTTH

BIG G

1two
30-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Nice to get some detail....I share it with amigos......BIG G

Fellow fans,

I am up for election along with 7 others for one of the Fan director positions

G,
For a moment there I thought you had thrown your hat into the ring.

Hopefully next time as i know youd get the backing.

GGTTH

Carheenlea
30-01-2017, 07:44 PM
A mobile phone is good enough to broadcast on Facebook Live or on Periscope via Twitter. No one will be expecting HD quality - as long as the candidates can be heard along with questions from the floor, then that would be more than acceptable.

Billy Whizz
30-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Totally agree. Definitely not a techno, neither on Facebook nor Twitter, however I would have thought the Hibs TV technology could be used. I am probably wrong.

GGTTH

BIG G
Gordon, I don't have Facebook, any other way I can watch online?

Forza Fred
31-01-2017, 08:26 AM
When you say 'the club's Facebook page'..is that the fitba club or the Hibsclub?

C Feeney-Seale
31-01-2017, 10:04 AM
All candidates will be recording their speech ahead of tonight's event, and these videos will be made available on YouTube. I'll share links as soon as I have them.

Cheers,

Charlene