PDA

View Full Version : Sparkiy's no' fitting in?

snooky
30-01-2017, 05:04 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38800786

Come hame, son. Yer fit enough for us. :cool2:

Haymaker
30-01-2017, 05:07 PM
:hyper

Scott Allan Key
30-01-2017, 05:10 PM
'He's part of the squad.'

Reading between the lines but Leigh clearly not happy being a squad player and no more in Rodgers' perception. Come home LG.

H18 SFR
I'd take him even if he'd lost a leg.

danhibees1875
Stokes Griffiths Malonga and Cummings up top for the hearts game then. :wink:

snooky
30-01-2017, 05:16 PM

:top marks :greengrin

ih Griffiths? :wink:
(that's one for the crypticians)

Jim44
30-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Rodgers is playing mind games with Griffiths. I'm sure he'll respond and will be back in contention in a few weeks. There's nowhere else for him to go except down south ( can't see him going abroad, somehow.)

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Never seen LG look unfit in any of the games he played for us ........ Welcome back at ER any time, even a half fit LG could rip up most defences in Scotland :aok:

TheFamous1875
30-01-2017, 05:27 PM
What's the likelihood of getting Sparky back to Hibs?

I ask because at first glance it looks highly unlikely (wages, talent, et al) but when you think about his personal situation, he's a homeboy with a young family who LOVES the Hibs - he thrives off feeling wanted and being the main main, and that's one thing he'd certainly be at Easter Road. We love him and he loves us.

I have no doubt that he will be back at Easter Road one day, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. Could we see him back at E.R within the next 2-3 years?

ancient hibee
30-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Never seen LG look unfit in any of the games he played for us ........ Welcome back at ER any time, even a half fit LG could rip up most defences in Scotland :aok:
Apart from the cup final against Celtic?Same sort of injury too.

edwards
30-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Jeezo Leigh not fitting in cmon down Leigh your still a legend here young man and more then invited to return HOME

calumhibee1
30-01-2017, 06:06 PM
When is he contracted until? Leigh Griffiths returning to Hibs before he turned 30 would be the best signing we've made in my lifetime and I include Le God in that.

Aldo
30-01-2017, 06:11 PM
When is he contracted until? Leigh Griffiths returning to Hibs before he turned 30 would be the best signing we've made in my lifetime and I include Le God in that.

Signed a contract with them until 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
30-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Well that's that then.

essexhibee
30-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Nice little loan to the end of the season would be nice!

DH1875
30-01-2017, 06:24 PM

I ask because at first glance it looks highly unlikely (wages, talent, et al) but when you think about his personal situation, he's a homeboy with a young family who LOVES the Hibs - he thrives off feeling wanted and being the main main, and that's one thing he'd certainly be at Easter Road. We love him and he loves us.

I have no doubt that he will be back at Easter Road one day, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. Could we see him back at E.R within the next 2-3 years?

Sparky had the chance to come back a couple of years ago and knocked it back. Celtic manager didn't rate him and wanted rid so a loan deal with us was agreed. Everything was in place and even some of the more reliable guys on here were saying it was a done deal. Problem is, no one asked Leigh and it was him that knocked the move back. He wanted to prove himself at Celtic and get into the Scotland squad. Time would prove him to be right as he went on to become their number one striker and got a new and improved contract at Celtic.

johnbc70
30-01-2017, 06:34 PM
He may be back at ER one day but it will be towards the end of his career. He could easily get a decent English Championship side and still make £10K+ a week which is what he should be doing if he is not happy at Celtic.

One day he will be back but needs to maximise his earnings now while he can.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Apart from the cup final against Celtic?Same sort of injury too.

Yeh I know, if he had been honest he would never even have started that game, it was clear he was crocked after about 5 minutes but I suppose it showed how desperate he was to play. What I meant was that I never saw him look like he was struggling for fitness in a game where he was injury free.

Jim44
30-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Nice little loan to the end of the season would be nice!

If Rodgers is concerned about his commitment, fitness and training etc. I would have thought the last thing he would do would lend him out to another club. Griffiths is still a huge part of Celtic and I think Rodgers will want to work on him in house.

jacomo
30-01-2017, 07:11 PM

How many more kids has he had since he left us? :wink:

In all seriousness, LG has financial responsibilities and I think his earning potential will outstrip our budget for a few years yet.

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Omg it's actually happening?!?! :hyper

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 07:48 PM

Aye the right side

Enough said
30-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Sparky had the chance to come back a couple of years ago and knocked it back. Celtic manager didn't rate him and wanted rid so a loan deal with us was agreed. Everything was in place and even some of the more reliable guys on here were saying it was a done deal. Problem is, no one asked Leigh and it was him that knocked the move back. He wanted to prove himself at Celtic and get into the Scotland squad. Time would prove him to be right as he went on to become their number one striker and got a new and improved contract at Celtic.
Total and utter nonsense

J-C
30-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Rodgers is a bit like Klopp where he demands exceptional fitness standards and an over the top work ethic, for this to work you need a fairly big squad as players will naturally get injuries and/or tire as the season progresses. This was also seen during Van Gaal's time at Old Trafford.

I don't see Leigh having a fitness problem, just not the fitness Rodgers is demanding, I can see him asking away maybe not this window but in the summer.

DH1875
30-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Total and utter nonsense

Nope, everything was agreed and in place between the two clubs only for Leigh to knock it back.

Enough said
30-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Nope, everything was agreed and in place between the two clubs only for Leigh to knock it back.

Do you know sparky?

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Do you know sparky?

I know a sparky £30 per hour

30-01-2017, 08:06 PM
It just wouldn't be a transfer window anymore if we didn't have a Griffith thread :greengrin

J-C
30-01-2017, 08:12 PM
It just wouldn't be a transfer window anymore if we didn't have a Griffith thread :greengrin

Where's the Riordan thread, c'mon guys yer slacking.

DH1875
30-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Do you know sparky?

No. If you do then ask him why the deal fell through and get back to me.

Haymaker
30-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Where's the Riordan thread, c'mon guys yer slacking.

He Defo could do a job for us.

HoboHarry
30-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Get with the program. He signed for us a week ago ya daft b*****d.....

😜

ancient hibee
30-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Yeh I know, if he had been honest he would never even have started that game, it was clear he was crocked after about 5 minutes but I suppose it showed how desperate he was to play. What I meant was that I never saw him look like he was struggling for fitness in a game where he was injury free.

Agree.He's never appeared to be anything but a 90 minute player.

Haymaker
30-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Get with the program. He signed for us a week ago ya daft b*****d.....

😜

jacomo
30-01-2017, 11:07 PM

Best finisher I've ever seen at Easter Road etc and so on

bigstu
30-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Previous Managers have said how hard LG works, seems strange.

Although tbh if i'd scored as many goals for Celtic as LG has I might be a bit miffed i'd not been given more games this season

snooky
30-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Previous Managers have said how hard LG works, seems strange.

Although tbh if i'd scored as many goals for Celtic as LG has I might be a bit miffed i'd not been given more games this season

Hey bigstu, your avatar is 'pie are squared' :cool2:

InchHibby
31-01-2017, 05:00 AM

Only if it was his right leg

Keith_M
31-01-2017, 05:33 AM
I just read Rodgers views on Sparky in the Scotsman

“Leigh knows. It was the same last year. He would have played but did he train? My point is you can score 40 goals in a season and that is okay from an individual perspective but I am worried about the team and the ethos of the team and how we work every day...."

What????????

The ethos of team, blah, de blah, de blah is more important than scoring 40 goals in a single season? What the hell does that mean?

Enough said
31-01-2017, 05:51 AM
No. If you do then ask him why the deal fell through and get back to me.

Didn't think you did

jacomo
31-01-2017, 06:27 AM

“Leigh knows. It was the same last year. He would have played but did he train? My point is you can score 40 goals in a season and that is okay from an individual perspective but I am worried about the team and the ethos of the team and how we work every day...."

What????????

The ethos of team, blah, de blah, de blah is more important than scoring 40 goals in a single season? What the hell does that mean?

You are putting words in his mouth there. He doesn't say it's more important, he says he's worried about it.

BR demands hard work from his players. Don't you think all this could be about trying to improve LG as a player? Maybe Rodgers thinks there's more to come from him? Maybe he just wants to show who's boss?

Coults1875
31-01-2017, 07:27 AM
You are putting words in his mouth there. He doesn't say it's more important, he says he's worried about it.

BR demands hard work from his players. Don't you think all this could be about trying to improve LG as a player? Maybe Rodgers thinks there's more to come from him? Maybe he just wants to show who's boss?

He's just playing mind games with Griffiths and is trying to do what he has done with Craig Gordon by leaving him out, pushing him harder to earn his place and ultimately start playing at his peak 24/7.

Waxy
31-01-2017, 08:41 AM

What????????

Seems a roundabout way to say he doesnt like him.

Kaff
31-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Seems a roundabout way to say he doesnt like him.

Fact is LG is a top SPL player, one of the best in recent years but is he a Champions League standard? BR will be looking for him to make that next step and sharpness will be key so will be wanting him to improve in training to become the player he want in Europe.
Will be good for Scottish football if clubs were able to improve their squad players with that attitude imo

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2017, 09:03 AM

:hilarious

Celtic won't let him go. He was player of the year last season and is important to them.

Peevemor
31-01-2017, 09:07 AM
:hilarious

Celtic won't let him go. He was player of the year last season and is important to them.

As was Darren McGregor ...

J-C
31-01-2017, 09:28 AM
He's just playing mind games with Griffiths and is trying to do what he has done with Craig Gordon by leaving him out, pushing him harder to earn his place and ultimately start playing at his peak 24/7.

Which could backfire and make him want to leave if he's no happy.

Lancs Harp
31-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Rodgers will need Leigh when Dembele moves south later today.

Enough said
31-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Rodgers will need Leigh when Dembele moves south later today.

Not going anywhere mate he is in London for a scan on his knee

ancient hibee
31-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Which could backfire and make him want to leave if he's no happy.
He might find that difficult if he was to move because the manager wants him to be a better player.Rodgers is obviously telling him to get his act together particularly off the park.