PDA

View Full Version : Efe ambrose and stokes

CRAZYHIBBY
30-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Hibs apparantly trying to get both on loan.....its on the newsnow website.....sorry if already mentioned

Hermit Crab
30-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Efe Ambrose, is this some kind of sick joke? :confused:

bingo70
30-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Where is this being reported?

Ronniekirk
30-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Where is this being reported?

The Daily Express seems to be the paper leading with Effe and Stokes on Loan

mentalhibee
30-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Would be delighted if true.

SChibs
30-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Ambrose would be a good squad player for anyone bar Celtic in Scotland. I think he just looks bad for Celtic as they are too good for him.

As for Stokes would anyone sell Cummings to Blackburn for 1m + Stokes? I would.

Callyballybe
30-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Is Stokes not getting his game at Blackburn? I know he was injured for a while, but scored a couple when he first went. Surely he's not out his depth down there?

heretoday
30-01-2017, 08:59 AM
We don't need Stokesy at the moment. Efe would be a good move though.

mim
30-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Hope the Ambrose story is wrong. Always looked like a bombscare to me.

NASAHIBS
30-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Surely not Ambrose!! Our defence has been outstanding this season, why sign a player that is going to do more damage than good in my opinion.

hibeeleicester
30-01-2017, 09:08 AM
Efe Ambrose was everything we worked on in coaching and analysis a week before the Celtic game. It worked. :rolleyes:

Keep him well away.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 09:09 AM
No chance of Stokes coming imo

Billy Whizz
30-01-2017, 09:14 AM
No chance of Stokes coming imo

Probably not, but he's not wanted at Blackburn, didn't even make thenevch for their FA cup tie at the weekend

neil7908
30-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Just can't see either happening. I know Hanlon is injured, possibly for a while but Fontaine is a more than capable replacement.

I suppose given Stokes history here it's more likely but not convinced there is anything here

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Ambrose is woeful. My gran would be a better option

Steve20
30-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Stokes will always be one of my favourite players for the performance in the Scottish Cup Final, but we don't really need another striker. As for Ambrose? No, just no.

I'm hoping we can get Kris Commons in and that would do.

ancient hibee
30-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Probably not, but he's not wanted at Blackburn, didn't even make thenevch for their FA cup tie at the weekendYes he did.Not used.

Andy74
30-01-2017, 09:27 AM

He's had some high profile howlers, though he has played a lot of games for Celtic and has 50 odd caps - he must otherwise be a pretty decent player and certainly for where we are?

hibsbollah
30-01-2017, 09:28 AM
That's a strange one. Unless there are injuries we dont know about to CBs or the strikers that's a surprising area to want to be strengthening.

GreenCastle
30-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Hanlon needing an op so looking for CB cover.

Though young guys at CB have done well in Dev team.

adhibs
30-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Did stokes no play leftside of a 3 at celtic? Could be looking at hin with a view to play there. Would be delighted, but very surprised, if we get him.

matty_f
30-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Ambrose is fine if all he's doing is coming in for cover, other than that the thought of him in our defence is not great.

Stokes...definitely, would be utterly delighted with him coming in.

flash
30-01-2017, 09:34 AM
He's had some high profile howlers, though he has played a lot of games for Celtic and has 50 odd caps - he must otherwise be a pretty decent player and certainly for where we are?

Indeed. Would be an excellent addition.

Billy Whizz
30-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Yes he did.Not used.

Sorry, didn't show him on Live scores app, but checked Sky and he was on the bench. Hasn't had much game time though

Andy74
30-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Ambrose is fine if all he's doing is coming in for cover, other than that the thought of him in our defence is not great.

Stokes...definitely, would be utterly delighted with him coming in.

The Stokes that played in the cup final, yes. As his father said to him, why can't he play like that every week? Not sure I'd bee too bothered about a loan for him, unless he wanted to come longer term and get settled in.

scoopyboy
30-01-2017, 09:37 AM
We don't need Stokesy at the moment. Efe would be a good move though.

I feel the opposite, opinions eh.:greengrin

scoopyboy
30-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Hanlon needing an op so looking for CB cover.

Though young guys at CB have done well in Dev team.

Mibbe aye, mibbe naw.

matty_f
30-01-2017, 09:39 AM
The Stokes that played in the cup final, yes. As his father said to him, why can't he play like that every week? Not sure I'd bee too bothered about a loan for him, unless he wanted to come longer term and get settled in.

Still dug out some important goals in other games - ICT away in the cup, Morton away etc.

And he'd peak in time for this year's cup final again.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-01-2017, 09:40 AM
We probably need cover at the back with Hanlon being out for a few weeks especially if we go with a 3 again at some point.

Likewise I'm not convinced there isn't room for another striker in our squad.

Would be fine with either or both coming in.

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Ambrose is absolute murder. Forster is a lot more steady than him and can chip in with the odd goal too.

keep the faith
30-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Stokes would be a brilliant signing. Why on earth would we need ambrose when we have the best three centre back in the division???

flash
Mibbe aye, mibbe naw.

Pelvic injury sounds like something that really needs addressed but i am no expert. Rather have him fighting fit for pre season etc. than keep him struggling on.

hibsbollah
Like I need a reason, but...

https://vimeo.com/170858429?ref=fb-share

makaveli1875
dont care too much for ambrose but......

stokesy is on fire .... na na na na na

Salt N Sauzee
30-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Ambrose would be a good squad player for anyone bar Celtic in Scotland. I think he just looks bad for Celtic as they are too good for him.

As for Stokes would anyone sell Cummings to Blackburn for 1m + Stokes? I would.

Absolutely not.

flash
30-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Ambrose is absolute murder. Forster is a lot more steady than him and can chip in with the odd goal too.

You dont think Forster or even Fontaine would make mistakes playing in the Champions League? Ambrose has made a few high profile mistakes for sure but at a much higher level than practically any of our squad will ever reach.

JDHibs
30-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Lets all take a moment to remember that Efe Ambrose was at the centre of defence for a Celtic team that beat Barcalona. He would be a good player for anyone outwith Celtic.

Dont want Stokes though.

scoopyboy
30-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Pelvic injury sounds like something that really needs addressed but i am no expert. Rather have him fighting fit for pre season etc. than keep him struggling on.

The op would be carried out in Leicester by a surgeon called David Lloyd (no not the tennis buffoon) :greengrin

I believe the procedure is named after him and can be found online, no time to look for it just now.

David Gray had it done a season or two ago and Danny Galbraith had it done as well.

A decision I think will be taken early this week on whether the op is required or not, probably before the transfer deadline!!!!

flash
30-01-2017, 09:48 AM
The op would be carried out in Leicester by a surgeon called David Lloyd (no not the tennis buffoon) :greengrin

I believe the procedure is named after him and can be found online, no time to look for it just now.

David Gray had it done a season or two ago and Danny Galbraith had it done as well.

A decision I think will be taken early this week on whether the op is required or not, probably before the transfer deadline!!!!

Cheers for that. what is the normal sort of recovery time?

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2017, 10:00 AM
You dont think Forster or even Fontaine would make mistakes playing in the Champions League? Ambrose has made a few high profile mistakes for sure but at a much higher level than practically any of our squad will ever reach.

Yeah of course but my memories of him are him giving away howlers cheaply and not under pressure.

keep the faith
30-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Lets all take a moment to remember that Efe Ambrose was at the centre of defence for a Celtic team that beat Barcalona. He would be a good player for anyone outwith Celtic.

Dont want Stokes though.

Why on earth not?????

hibbycraig
30-01-2017, 10:05 AM
I'd take both. Stokes for obvious reasons but could also play wide left. Ambrose has played at the highest level. Would like to think he could handle the championship.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2017, 10:07 AM

Yep, been a bit of a bomb scare, gave my local celtc contingency some stick about him and they actually agreed. I'd carry Stokes back up myself.

1875STEVE
30-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Why are we going for another centre half??

Ok Hanlon is injured, we still have three very good ch's IMO.

Don't see how we can't go with Forster??

Stokes, yes please.

scoopyboy
30-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Cheers for that. what is the normal sort of recovery time?

It can be as little as two weeks.

number9dream
30-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Surely we need Stokes to successfully defend the cup... But he's on the Blackburn bench every week now that he's fit again.

If Hanlon is crocked, then we might need another centre-half but Ambrose is right-sided and Fontaine & Forster are more than capable at this level.

Ambrose has played at right-back for Nigeria so he could offer cover for Gray. He could do some damage charging up the park!

Both guys will be on decent money and our 1.5k a week or whatever is not going to make much difference to Blackburn or Celtic.

frazeHFC
30-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Ambrose is brutal, hope he's nowhere near Hibs.

mentalhibee
30-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Why are we going for another centre half??

Ok Hanlon is injured, we still have three very good ch's IMO.

Don't see how we can't go with Forster??

Stokes, yes please.

Both Forster and Fontaine are prone to injuries. Definitely need another CH.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Forster has never shown he is good enough to be a regular for Hibs. His positional play and concentration can be poor.
Very good in the air though and can chip in with a goal or two.
I think if Hanlon is going in for an op then a replacement will be brought in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB62
30-01-2017, 10:18 AM

I reckon I will be absolutely sick of watching that, in 114 years time.

Then again, probably not :thumbsup: :hibees

Oh in Heaven I'll be singing :singing:

Fergus52
30-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Ambrose can make some defensive howlers but he's better at dribbling and playing the ball out from the back than any of our current centre backs, including Hanlon.

Can see why we're going for him if Hanlon's going to out for a while. Can cover for McGregor and Fontaine and would be useful if Lennon is planning on playing a back 3 again.

BullsCloseHibs
30-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Stokes, please please please !:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Stokes thinks he's too good for Hibs, I am not sure what his motivation would be, to head back a 3rd time.

Given what he done on 21st May, I'd always be happy to see him back, but I don't see it to be honest - just a rumour, he played with us before and doesn't play a lot now - So get's linked.

NL is a smart guy, I am sure he'll have an option in the case Commons doesn't happen.

I'll also trust his judgement on any reinforcements at the back. We're pretty solid as is, but he did say when you are strong, it's time to strengthen further.

I'll think we'll get 1 player in, none of the mentioned names (no knowledge)

Dan Sarf
30-01-2017, 10:34 AM

Great video! When did this happen? Why has nobody mentioned it before?:greengrin

CMurdoch
30-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Stokes on the bench every week so he still has a role at Blackburn and would only be loaned out to a club that would pay close to his full wages and only if Blackburn could get another striker in.

Ambrose is totally out of the picture and Celtic want rid of him big time. As others have said he has only really been found out at European level. Think he would dominate in this league and the Hibs fans would love him.

Big L
30-01-2017, 10:36 AM
They tried a cortisone injection on Hanlon, obviously didn't take. Needs an op , could be out for some time. Lennon said he will try to bring in cover!

calumhibee1
30-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Stokes on the bench every week so he still has a role at Blackburn and would only be loaned out to a club that would pay close to his full wages and only if Blackburn could get another striker in.

Ambrose is totally out of the picture and Celtic want rid of him big time. As others have said he has only really been found out at European level. Think he would dominate in this league and the Hibs fans would love him.

Ambrose would be an outstanding signing in this league. Or even in the SPL for that matter. Howlers against the best teams in the world are hardly worth us even considering since we don't play against them.

Super_JMcGinn
30-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Both Forster and Fontaine are prone to injuries. Definitely need another CH.

Pretty sure we could get by given we have a development squad to choose from as well. Don't forget we have big Holt and he could probably drop back and do a job there. Isn't that what big centre forwards did back in the day.

I personally don't think we need anyone at the moment, especially if it's only a loan. The exception being Stokesy of course, how I would love to see that man back at ER.

hibsbollah
30-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Great video! When did this happen? Why has nobody mentioned it before?:greengrin

I think it was a pre-season friendly. It must have been because ive never heard much mention of it since it happened...:agree:

.Sean.
30-01-2017, 10:45 AM
I still maintain to this day that the 'performance' I witnessed from Ambrose when we beat Celtic 1-0 under Fenton is the worst I have ever seen from a supposed professional footballer. I've a few mates who follow Celtic home and away every week and according to them he's a complete liability. No thabks.

But Stokes... Yes please.

Ryan69
30-01-2017, 10:50 AM
I understand the OP is only stated what he read.

Absolutely no chance of happening.
Our squad is good enough now....so why waste alot of wages on players that are far too good for the division,when we have enough already.

Maybe we will sign one player....but not someone of these expenses we wont.

we are hibs
30-01-2017, 10:50 AM
People saying "anyone would make mistakes at champions league level"

im pretty sure he's also made huge mistakes against sides like Dundee United and st.mirren.

The Harp Awakes
30-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Stokes thinks he's too good for Hibs, I am not sure what his motivation would be, to head back a 3rd time.

Given what he done on 21st May, I'd always be happy to see him back, but I don't see it to be honest - just a rumour, he played with us before and doesn't play a lot now - So get's linked.

NL is a smart guy, I am sure he'll have an option in the case Commons doesn't happen.

I'll also trust his judgement on any reinforcements at the back. We're pretty solid as is, but he did say when you are strong, it's time to strengthen further.

I'll think we'll get 1 player in, none of the mentioned names (no knowledge)

How do come to the conclusion Stokes thinks he's too good for Hibs? He's signed for us twice so clearly that's not the case. He's a class act and would be a brilliant signing for us. Not sure about Ambrose.

biotech
30-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Stokes did well in the cup final, but was often posted missing in league games. Hibs hit a general slump in form at round that time.

Would rather see some cover in the fullback position coming in as opposed to a striker who isn't always motivated.

Hibeewilly
30-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure we could get by given we have a development squad to choose from as well. Don't forget we have big Holt and he could probably drop back and do a job there. Isn't that what big centre forwards did back in the day.

I personally don't think we need anyone at the moment, especially if it's only a loan. The exception being Stokesy of course, how I would love to see that man back at ER.
Big Holt ? Did you see him trying to jump for the ball on Saturday ? His feet hardly left the ground once:confused:

flash
30-01-2017, 10:56 AM

Presumably this post is satirical.

oldbutdim
30-01-2017, 10:59 AM

Correct.

Lincoln Red Imps, the part timers from Gibraltar was one game where he sold the jerseys.

CMurdoch
30-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Big Holt ? Did you see him trying to jump for the ball on Saturday ? His feet hardly left the ground once:confused:

You would have struggled to get a piece of paper under his feet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Ambrose would have to be amongst the worst defenders I have ever seen. I've seen several Celtic games in which he looked like he'd never played football before; one particularly shocking game he had at Partick sticks in the mind. He is of the Kujabi ilk.

scoopyboy
30-01-2017, 11:04 AM
They tried a cortisone injection on Hanlon, obviously didn't take. Needs an op , could be out for some time. Lennon said he will try to bring in cover!

Ye couldae gie Hanlon a phone could ye, he doesn't have a clue what's happening.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2017, 11:10 AM
How do come to the conclusion Stokes thinks he's too good for Hibs? He's signed for us twice so clearly that's not the case. He's a class act and would be a brilliant signing for us. Not sure about Ambrose.

I suppose it was the comment to the question, if he'd come back next season, that he'd come back for a pint,
point being he sees himself as above us, which is usually a good thing to have players than can / will play at a higher level; I just don't know what motivation he'd have coming back a 3rd time to be honest.

MrSmith
30-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Ye couldae gie Hanlon a phone could ye, he doesn't have a clue what's happening.

Hilarious! Only on a forum huh :hilarious

Diclonius
30-01-2017, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't want either. Stokes will always be a legend but he only scored 5 in 15 Championship games. Ambrose is abysmal and wouldn't get a game ahead of any of our current centre backs. We're fine in that department even without Hanlon.

snooky
30-01-2017, 11:25 AM
You would have struggled to get a piece of paper under his feet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've said that from day one.
Even Tony Higgins could jump higher than Holt. Come to think of it, so could my settee. :wink:

Big L
30-01-2017, 11:36 AM

If he really wants to know whats happening wi his pelvic injury he should ask Lennon, he's the one who put it in the papers! David Hardie EN

HibsNutter
30-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Ambrose: no. Stokes: Unequivocally yes.

The Sun are reporting on Twitter that we are not after Ambrose anyway, but are still persisting with Commons.

Andy74
30-01-2017, 11:38 AM

Lennon, however, admitted he is facing the possibility of losing Paul Hanlon for an unspecified period with the central defender potentially needing surgery to cure the pelvic problem which has sidelined him for the last three matches. He said: “Paul has had a wee setback. He had a cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago and had gone through his rehab. But he just felt something go again in his pelvic area so he may need surgery now, which could keep him out for not too long.”

northstandhibby
30-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Only if we are looking to build for next season, no more loans please if we can help it. Foster and Fontaine can cover for Paul Hanlon if he's out injured and if we go some more points clear of the rest lets look at easing in a few of our very promising development players but obviously once its clear the league is ours.

Glory Glory

scoopyboy
30-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Lennon, however, admitted he is facing the possibility of losing Paul Hanlon for an unspecified period with the central defender potentially needing surgery to cure the pelvic problem which has sidelined him for the last three matches. He said: “Paul has had a wee setback. He had a cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago and had gone through his rehab. But he just felt something go again in his pelvic area so he may need surgery now, which could keep him out for not too long.”

Yes Andy and that is backing up what I was saying, Paul doesn't know, Lennon doesn't know and the physios don't know.

Hopefully a decision will be made sooner rather than later.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2017, 11:44 AM
I cant say I'm hugely excited with the prospect of either one ...... Stokes was brilliant in the cup final, but hardly set the heather on fire in league matches. Ambrose has a pretty poor reputation, his main failing seems to be concentration and that's something vital to our defenders because they can spend long periods not having to defend and have to be switched on when the ball does come their way.

As it is I cant help thinking this is just paper talk.

greenlex
30-01-2017, 12:19 PM
STV reporting Effes of to Tynie.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2017, 12:27 PM
STV reporting Effes of to Tynie.

Now that would be PLEASING :agree:

Let them take him.

greenlex
30-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Now that would be PLEASING :agree:

Let them take him.

It's not happening. One of those stupid Facebook pranks. Would have been hilarious though.

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2017, 12:31 PM
It's not happening. One of those stupid Facebook pranks. Would have been hilarious though.

Ah well, just as long as he stays away from ER.

Kavinho
30-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Ex celtic signings are a little bit uninspiring

Heisenberg
30-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Ex celtic signings are a little bit uninspiring

Why?

Ronniekirk
30-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Thats was the article i saw Lennon has put it in the public domain so presumably if we. bring in a centre back , its because an op may be needed .
Lennon wont bring one in if not needed ,even if its just for cover ,in case needed
He knows we are in the driving seat for promotion ,and knows he wants to bring in another couple of players .
He has had to bring in a keeper when he wasnt expecting to have to do that , and presumably he wasnt looking at another Centre Back until this sotuation arose
So assume if he brings in Centre back we are looking at only one more signing
If Mcginn starts scoring regularly we may not need Commons
But another scorer of proven ability would be fine with me

lord bunberry
30-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Why?
Maybe he wants ex Barcelona players.

HoboHarry
30-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Thats was the article i saw Lennon has put it in the public domain so presumably if webring in a centre back ts because an op may be needed
Lennon wont bring one in if not neededeven if its just for cover in case needed
Heknows we ate in the driving seat for promotion and knows he wants to bring in another couple of players
Hehas had to bring in a keeper when he wasnt expecting to have to do that ,and presumably he wasnt looking at another Centre Back u til this sotuation arose
So assume if he brings in Centre back we are looking at only one more signing
If Mcginn starts scoring regularly w may not need Commons
But another scorer of proven ability would be fine with me

You have this typing on your phone while its still in your pocket down to a fine art Ronnie......

:greengrin

Kavinho
30-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Maybe he wants ex Barcelona players.

Nah but ex celtic / cast offs don't do it for me.

Surprised we haven't yet been linked with Charlie Mulgrew

Ronniekirk
30-01-2017, 01:02 PM
You have this typing on your phone while its still in your pocket down to a fine art Ronnie......

Actually eating my lunch and using one finger🤑

HoboHarry
30-01-2017, 01:04 PM

Am; dogn the smae thng with my berakfats

California-Hibs
30-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Nah but ex celtic / cast offs don't do it for me.

Surprised we haven't yet been linked with Charlie Mulgrew

Hmm, your argument would hold up so much better if the most recent ones (Stokes & Henderson) were duds. They weren't. At all.

Bristolhibby
30-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Hibs obsessed Hearts read rumour about Ambrose on Hibs.net.

12 hours later, Hearts put loan bid for Ambrose.

Their one upmanship knows no bounds.

J

SanFranHibs
30-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Hope the Ambrose story is wrong. Always looked like a bombscare to me.

I thought he was a liability for Celtic and I admit I have not done research to back this up but he seems to be sent off quite often.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2017, 01:57 PM

Several beers for breakfast is it [emoji6]

Walter
30-01-2017, 02:00 PM
I want stokesey to remain the legend he is for the cup final, I don't think he's the right man for right now

A Hi-Bee
30-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Would bring effin Stoksy back any day, Stoksy's final was just supreme he did seem to like the big park at humpden.

Turkish Green
30-01-2017, 02:54 PM
I always thought Ambrose was a liability at Celtic. Not that he was a bad defender, just that he was unlucky and a tad calamitous.

frazeHFC
30-01-2017, 03:05 PM

J

Maybe we realised they were doing this with Bikey, so we decided to put this Ambrose rumour out so that they would sign him up and therefore have a bombscare at the back for when we visit. Great plan by Hibs. :hmmm:

GreenLake
30-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Must be eating chocolate mousse.

keep the faith
30-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Maybe we realised they were doing this with Bikey, so we decided to put this Ambrose rumour out so that they would sign him up and therefore have a bombscare at the back for when we visit. Great plan by Hibs. :hmmm:

Sounds like a plan......

Hey everyone. Hibs are looking to re-sign Irish superstar Ryan Mcgivern. Hope we move quickly and hearts don't nick in and steal him.

CMurdoch
30-01-2017, 04:01 PM

J

Hearts have signed an out of contract Greek Centre Half

Eyrie
30-01-2017, 06:53 PM

J

It sounds weird but for once I hope Hearts are successful.

3pm
30-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Lets get Ambrose in.

Joe6-2
30-01-2017, 07:02 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

E10 Rifle
30-01-2017, 07:16 PM

What's your gran's current contract situation?

Diclonius
30-01-2017, 07:20 PM
What's your gran's current contract situation?

I hear Hearts have already stepped in and offered a contract.

Slavoj Zizek
30-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Utter Fantasy. Whose position would Ambrose take? Hanlon? Gray? Fontaine? In what is statistically one of Britain's tightest defenses Ambrose is off to Israel/Germany. Stokes is earning serious coin @ Blackburn and will never entertain a move up north. For the love of Christ let's move on from Commons, Stokes and Henderson. My question is how many of the ITK knew about Gallacher? P&B knew well in advance #justsaying

hibs0666
30-01-2017, 07:28 PM
You've gotta laugh. Ambrose would be an absolute stick out at our level.

jabis
30-01-2017, 07:29 PM

And she's a striker!

Heisenberg
30-01-2017, 08:47 PM
A few journalists now tweeting that Stokes to Hibs is a possibility.

Onion
30-01-2017, 08:58 PM

:hyper:cheers::partyhibb:clapper::nanasplit:

guthrie01
30-01-2017, 09:08 PM

:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

BRING HIM BACK

:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

Hibernia&Alba
30-01-2017, 09:10 PM
I want Commons, Henderson and Sparky. Stokes would be nice tae. And I want them all for nowt. :aok:

HoboHarry
30-01-2017, 09:13 PM
I want Commons, Henderson and Sparky. Stokes would be nice tae. And I want them all for nowt. :aok:
I want Emma Stone. Just for one night. Not much to ask really....

Heisenberg
30-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Blackburn have just signed another forward.

Mon back Stokesy boy.

Gmack7
30-01-2017, 09:15 PM
I want Emma Stone. Just for one night. Not much to ask really....

For nowt?

Springbank
30-01-2017, 09:16 PM

Maybe we could tap the honest unsuspecting taxpaying people of Lithuania to pay for footballers here?

I'm sure they'd be happy to cover, say, £70m of spending that an Edinburgh football club couldn't otherwise afford, when, after all, it's The Big Cup we are talking about...no?

hfc rd
30-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Stokes, Commons and a LW will be great!

Obviously nothing confirmed that is the case but will be awesome!

HoboHarry
30-01-2017, 09:23 PM
For nowt?

Well I was kind if hoping she would pay me.......

broondog
30-01-2017, 09:25 PM

Very true,ambrose would be a disaster,please no

The_Horde
30-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Stokes, Commons and a LW will be great!

Obviously nothing confirmed that is the case but will be awesome!

Think it would be Stokes Commons and a CB but have a strong suspicion Stokes is Commons replacement.

calumhibee1
30-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Think it would be Stokes Commons and a CB but have a strong suspicion Stokes is Commons replacement.

I would strongly doubt we have the money for stokes and commons to be honest.

BS44
25-03-2017, 11:33 PM
This is not a pop at anyone but tonight is as good a time as any to see if any the doubters about Ambrose have now changed their minds.

Today he left the San Siro with his man of the match champagne tucked into the side pocket of his rucksack.

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Generally Ambrose was excellent but he did have a couple of scary moments when he wanted to beat the attacker before looking for a pass.

mim
26-03-2017, 12:08 PM
I must admit that I had no idea just how classy a player Ambrose is, until seeing him in the last few games. :not worth

Big_Franck
26-03-2017, 12:13 PM
This is not a pop at anyone but tonight is as good a time as any to see if any the doubters about Ambrose have now changed their minds.

Today he left the San Siro with his man of the match champagne tucked into the side pocket of his rucksack.

I have, absolutely. I didn't want us to sign him and thought he'd be costing us a goal every couple of games. Since his first game he's been brilliant though and I now hope we sign him permanently in the summer. If only he could cut out those moments when he overplays and gets caught in possession in dangerous areas, but I guess at his age we'll just have to accept that its part of his game.

SRHibs
26-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Ambrose is class and I hope he didn't read this forum after he signed.

Wilson
26-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Ambrose is class and I hope he didn't read this forum after he signed.

Doubt he read anything on here worse than he had heard from his own (Celtic) fans or read in the papers prior to his move.

Joe6-2
26-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Doubt he read anything on here worse than he had heard from his own (Celtic) fans or read in the papers prior to his move.

Part of the reason our fans didn't want him

Super_JMcGinn
26-03-2017, 10:17 PM

If you were at the game I think you will agree he was nowhere near our best player on the day. But an inspirational signing by Lennon nonetheless.

pacoluna
27-03-2017, 08:19 AM
If you were at the game I think you will agree he was nowhere near our best player on the day. But an inspirational signing by Lennon nonetheless.
He was miles above the rest on Saturday, stood out like a 50 capped international would in this league.

calumhibee1
27-03-2017, 08:36 AM
He was miles above the rest on Saturday, stood out like a 50 capped international would in this league.

I'm not sure I'd say he was miles ahead, but I did think he had yet another good game. Has been an outstanding signing.

hibs0666
27-03-2017, 08:39 AM

Nearly. :thumbsup:

Greenworld
27-03-2017, 09:04 AM
I agree you can see he is a class act. I'm very surprised at how good he is. Will be interesting to see what Neil does now that everyone seems to be fit

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
27-03-2017, 09:23 AM

Definitely the best performer on the pitch on Saturday, not sure who could even be considered alongside him in the debate.

givescotlandfreedom
27-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Nearly. :thumbsup:

Glad to be found to be talking absolute pish on the matter :)

WhileTheChief..
27-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Definitely the best performer on the pitch on Saturday, not sure who could even be considered alongside him in the debate.

Agreed.

McGregor gave him a run for his money though. He strolls through every game and hardly makes any mistakes.

He rarely gets injured or suspended, plays almost every minute for us and is usually my MotM in every game.

It seems like he gets overlooked when it comes to dishing out the champagne though, perhaps we've just come to expect such good performances from him?

One of our best, most consistent players of the last decade but Ambrose was certainly up there with him on Saturday.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-03-2017, 06:09 PM
I'd love to keep ambrose ....class player

.Sean.
27-03-2017, 07:46 PM
More than happy to be eating my words regarding Ambrose. Fast developing into a cult hero!

Sign him up :greengrin

hibbie02
27-03-2017, 10:11 PM
I must admit that I had no idea just how classy a player Ambrose is, until seeing him in the last few games. :not worth

Totally agree. That is the first time I have seen him play and he already had the cigar lit before half time. Apart from a couple of wee lapses before he score, he was cruising the game and in no trouble whatsoever. Good to see he could slot in at right back when required. As a back three with Hanlon and McGregor, there are a lot of very nice possibilities for the future if we can keep him. :flag:

p.s. That was my first visit to the Leith San Siro in a few years and I am still buzzing now!

Super_JMcGinn
27-03-2017, 10:34 PM

Stevenson McGeouch and Bartley for starters. It's all about opinions though, for me Stevenson won it hands down.