PDA

View Full Version : Threads playing up our chances against Hearts

Keith_M
30-01-2017, 05:50 AM
There seems to be a large number of threads (and comments) suggesting we're going to roll Hearts over in the cup tie, laughing at their inadequacies and generally taking the P out of our rivals

The threads seem to be mostly started by posters that have very low post counts and/or joined this site recently.

Of course I'm sure that's just coincidental...

Enough said
30-01-2017, 05:54 AM
There seems to be a large number of threads (and comments) suggesting we're going to roll Hearts over in the cup tie, laughing at their inadequacies and generally taking the P out of our rivals

The threads seem to be mostly started by posters that have very low post counts and/or joined this site recently.

Not sure what your point is here???? Am going for 3 nil the cabbage

hibs0666
30-01-2017, 06:09 AM

You talked down our chances against Bonnyrigg. I don't see your point.

Keith_M
30-01-2017, 07:04 AM
You talked down our chances against Bonnyrigg. I don't see your point.

I was cautious predicting a score against Rose, yep, and I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm not talking long standing regulars on here, as I'm quite happy for them to have a more optimistic view of this match than others, everybody has their own opinion... but you do know that some (childish) football fans go undercover on other fans' websites with the intention of making them look stupid.

killie-hibby
30-01-2017, 07:15 AM

Maybe some with "low post counts" want to be high achievers with thousands of posts.
Maybe they are daft enough to believe high post numbers make a comment more valid.
Maybe they have been stimulated by last weeks thread "Cmon where are you".
Maybe they just want to comment on a specific subject.
Maybe post numbers should not be displayed.
Maybe I will reach the giddy heights of 16295 posts by posting once a day until the year 2060.
Maybe not as I would have to reach my 115th birthday.
Maybe we are going to roll Hearts over in the cup tie.
MaybeI am posting with the sole intention of increasing my post numbers.
So what,who cares. We all support the Hibs.
:flag:

matty_f
30-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Maybe some with "low post counts" want to be high achievers with thousands of posts.
Maybe they are daft enough to believe high post numbers make a comment more valid.
Maybe I will reach the giddy heights of 16295 posts by posting once a day until the year 2060.

Maybe I don't really wanna know how your garden grows.

percy veer
30-01-2017, 07:34 AM

excellent post. As my late gran said ''Empty vessels make most noise''.

et vireta
30-01-2017, 07:59 AM

And on that perhaps we can have a wee sing song (Apologies to Elvis)

Maybe I didn't post you
Quite as often as I could have
And Maybe I didn't post you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Poster I'm sorry I was blind

Hibs were always on my mind

Could this be the new anthem of posters ?

JimboHibs
30-01-2017, 08:08 AM
I was cautious predicting a score against Rose, yep, and I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm not talking long standing regulars on here, as I'm quite happy for them to have a more optimistic view of this match than others, everybody has their own opinion... but you do know that some (childish) football fans go undercover on other fans' websites with the intention of making them look stupid.

We'll counter act it start a thread saying were gonna get pumped etc reverse psychology.That may ease your fears though I'm not 100% sure what your fears are ??
I'm guessing your worried that a thread saying were gonna pump the tramps not started by yourself is intended to make you look stupid ?

Pretty Boy
30-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Fans on a Hibs forum being optimistic about our chances of beating a Hearts side in poor form. Whatever next?

FilipinoHibs
30-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Fans on a Hibs forum being optimistic about our chances of beating a Hearts side in poor form. Whatever next?

Odds in our favour - managers, form, players, understanding fixture, coherence etc. Herars have no real cutting edge and no firepower. But I am still nervously excited. Lets keep the bravado to the actual game and hopefully after it.

Geo_1875
30-01-2017, 08:34 AM

You missed a trick there.

You could have had 9 separate posts with that lot.

we are hibs
30-01-2017, 08:40 AM
There should be more threads saying that hearts are going to turn us over. Because that'll influence the game as much as threads saying we are going to turn up and give them a doing.

The_Horde
30-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Odds in our favour - managers, form, players, understanding fixture, coherence etc. Herars have no real cutting edge and no firepower. But I am still nervously excited. Lets keep the bravado to the actual game and hopefully after it.

Low post count and autocorrect doesn't recognise the word hearts. Yam confirmed as yams only refer to themselves as 'the famous'

21sMay
30-01-2017, 08:49 AM
I have a low post count, I'm a new member so I'm guessing this tends to happen if you have only recently signed up. /\/\/\ this guys is totally right though . We are all Hibs fans

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 08:56 AM

Cup holders March on to next round. Hope I have enough posts and you don't think I'm one of them

iwasthere1972
30-01-2017, 09:02 AM
I will be there as usual but am making no predictions. More confident than in years gone by.

Not sure if I have enough post counts to voice an opinion. Admin please feel free to delete.

ancient hibee
30-01-2017, 09:14 AM
We'll need to be at our very best to win with no passengers.

--------
30-01-2017, 09:53 AM

Yup. Long hard experience tells me that the time to worry's when people are talking us up and making a lot of noise about how we're going to 'pump' the other team, or how we 'only really need to turn up' to win the tie, or anything else along those lines.

Talk's cheap, and in the end it's only the expulsion of warm damp air from the oral orifice, an organ of the body frequently entirely unconnected to the brain (always assuming there's a brain for it to be connected to).

Boasting before the event leaves us wide open to ridicule afterwards if things don't pan out.

And I take the OP's point that some of the folks doing that have only recently joined the forum, and I too am suspicious of brand-new super-optimists blowing their trumpets in the run up to a derby.

I too smell Yam.

FilipinoHibs
30-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Low post count and autocorrect doesn't recognise the word hearts. Yam confirmed as yams only refer to themselves as 'the famous'

Yes just joined. In Singapore now. Followed Hibs for 49 years. See my cup final story. Should I refer to them as the Jelly Tarts?

northstandhibby
30-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Yup. Long hard experience tells me that the time to worry's when people are talking us up and making a lot of noise about how we're going to 'pump' the other team, or how we 'only really need to turn up' to win the tie, or anything else along those lines.

Talk's cheap, and in the end it's only the expulsion of warm damp air from the oral orifice, an organ of the body frequently entirely unconnected to the brain (always assuming there's a brain for it to be connected to).

Boasting before the event leaves us wide open to ridicule afterwards if things don't pan out.

And I take the OP's point that some of the folks doing that have only recently joined the forum, and I too am suspicious of brand-new super-optimists blowing their trumpets in the run up to a derby.

I too smell Yam.

I don't know if they are Yams or not but totally agree with you that this is the type of thread if we do get beaten {which of course I'm desperately hoping we don't albeit the league is the objective this year} the Yams will use on their keechback with their usual juvenile behaviour.

Let's be more assured and quietly confident we can turn them over again as we have every chance of doing so if we turn up with our A game.

Glory Glory

Nakedmanoncrack
30-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Absolutely, Hearts are abviously strong favourites, but they were last year as well.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2017, 12:10 PM
I have seen Hibs lose or draw derby matches where we have played the Yams off the park far too many times to ever be arrogantly over confident before any derby match.

The one where we went 1 - 0 down, made it 1 - 1 and then battered them only for that Yam plum run up the park and score.

The game that ended Fenlon's time at Hibs ...... we played as well as we had all season and should have been out of sight by half time, we lost 1 - 0

The game where Ozzy Turkey or whatever his name was scored a worldy right at the end .... we were the better team by a distance for the entire 90 minutes and still only got a draw.

Even in the famous 80% possession cup tie we only managed to win 1 -0 when it could have been 3 or 4.

All of these games were at Easter Road, but I have seen us play well at the PBS a few times and still end up on the wrong end of the result .............. Because of that I will never go into a derby thinking its a gimmie, not because I don't think we can win, but because they buggers always seem to get the breaks when they play us.

greenlex
30-01-2017, 12:14 PM

Maybe I didn't post you

Your apology should be to Willie Nelson.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Your apology should be to Willie Nelson.

Nah.

He didn't write it, or even have the first hit with it. I do prefer his version, though. :aok:

greenlex
30-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Nah.

He didn't write it, or even have the first hit with it. I do prefer his version, though. :aok:

Every days a school day. Always thought he penned it with getting the Grammy for it. Should still apologise to him I reckon.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Every days a school day. Always thought he penned it with getting the Grammy for it. Should still apologise to him I reckon.

He got the Grammy, yeah, and I agree that it was "his".

Was written about 10 years earlier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_on_My_Mind

JK Rolling
30-01-2017, 01:02 PM
:thumbsup:

Maybe I didn't post you

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't know if they are Yams or not but totally agree with you that this is the type of thread if we do get beaten {which of course I'm desperately hoping we don't albeit the league is the objective this year} the Yams will use on their keechback with their usual juvenile behaviour.

Who cares what they think over there? I think we'll pump them, if not, so be it.

30-01-2017, 01:27 PM
I have seen Hibs lose or draw derby matches where we have played the Yams off the park far too many times to ever be arrogantly over confident before any derby match.

The one where we went 1 - 0 down, made it 1 - 1 and then battered them only for that Yam plum run up the park and score.

The game that ended Fenlon's time at Hibs ...... we played as well as we had all season and should have been out of sight by half time, we lost 1 - 0

The game where Ozzy Turkey or whatever his name was scored a worldy right at the end .... we were the better team by a distance for the entire 90 minutes and still only got a draw.

Even in the famous 80% possession cup tie we only managed to win 1 -0 when it could have been 3 or 4.

All of these games were at Easter Road, but I have seen us play well at the PBS a few times and still end up on the wrong end of the result .............. Because of that I will never go into a derby thinking its a gimmie, not because I don't think we can win, but because they buggers always seem to get the breaks when they play us.

This 100%.

.Sean.
30-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Maybe I don't really wanna know how your garden grows.Cause I just wanna flyyyyy :greengrin

The Captain....
30-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Ultimately whatever's written and said before the derby will have zero impact on players performances and the result. I'm confident of winning...don't see the correlation between that, my post count and some dastardly jambo undercover plan to undermine Hibs chances by being positive about us beating them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diclonius
30-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Hibs in great form, having recently won a big game, have a great squad of players. Hearts in disarray, players out injured, potentially about to sell some of their better players, with a very large squad with no real team cohesion who have rarely played together. Hibs fans convinced not only that they will win but win comfortably.

Mind the last time (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/6508929.stm) that happened?

We've got a great chance against Hearts, no doubt about it, but let's not get carried away. They are ALWAYS up for derbies, no matter who is in charge or who is playing. Every time we have a wee run of form against them we get convinced the tide has swung the other way only for us to get sucker punched. The players will need to be at their absolute best to win, and thinking it's a foregone conclusion is a recipe for disaster. We can win, but we need to work for it like any other game.

YehButNoBut
30-01-2017, 02:36 PM

Remember being at Tynie when we were 4-2 up going into added time and we still never won. Can't take anything for granted against these barstewards.

swordin3
30-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Maybe post numbers should not be displayed. Maybe they want to be one of theu

Maybe they just want to be one of "the faces" on the net.Who lord over any Newby posters and keep them in line by spouting nonsense. Or they are just big fans with an opinion.

JohnMcM
30-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Looks like there will be a very different team than the one that got skelped by the tic against us in this match.

It'll be interesting to see if their new signings can gell in their next two games (Sevco and Motherwell).
They might have a couple injured regulars back too.

I'm looking forward to this cup-tie with the same amount of hope and fear as I usually have when we play them. Reckon we are in for really good game.

Pete
30-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Let's be honest, what's written here won't effect what happens on the park.

...or will it? :-/

ancient hibee
30-01-2017, 03:19 PM

I too smell Yam.

I still cringe when I think about the time we were "going to Tynie confirm their relegation"

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Remember being at Tynie when we were 4-2 up going into added time and we still never won. Can't take anything for granted against these barstewards.

Was that Nobby Williamson in charge?

Keith_M
30-01-2017, 04:49 PM
I love a good debate

:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2017, 06:48 PM

I've only posted a handful of times having recently joined but I think we will beat Hearts as we are a better team. Just my opinion though.

JimboHibs
30-01-2017, 06:56 PM

I can remember being 2-0 down against them now drawing 2-2 Andy Walker with the goals.....works both ways.

CockneyRebel
30-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Was that Nobby Williamson in charge?

Mixu?

tamig
30-01-2017, 07:32 PM
I can remember being 2-0 down against them now drawing 2-2 Andy Walker with the goals.....works both ways.

Downside of that one was it kept Duffy in the job a few extra weeks which was enough to do more damage to our battle against relegation.

tamig
30-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Mixu?

Nah, it was wee fat Boab.

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Nah, it was wee fat Boab.

That's what I thought.

Mr White
30-01-2017, 07:54 PM

Walker scored the first, pat mcginlay got the equaliser.

mutley
30-01-2017, 07:54 PM
What I think is quite funny, is that there is an almost identical thread on sickbag (I think they call it "anyone fearing")
It's identical in the way that there are some who are overly confident that "we will pump the vermin" while others are "a bit worried" and some "we won't beat them the way we are playing".
Reading through this, and there are the same sort of comments with some over confident, some a little cautious, although I can't see many thinking we will get beat!
I always say that it's difficult to predict any cup games, and it's also difficult to predict Derby games. Although I'm not in the "we will pump the Yams" camp, I like to be quietly cautious but optimistic and will take a scrappy 1-0 win, hoping that their recent run has their confidence at an all time low. BUT then my brain gets the "law of averages" thought that although they are struggling to find a win, it's only a matter of time, and I don't want that to be against us!
I also love reading that site going into meltdown when they lose ESPECIALLY against the might Hibees.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slavoj Zizek
30-01-2017, 07:56 PM
There seems to be a large number of threads (and comments) suggesting we're going to roll Hearts over in the cup tie, laughing at their inadequacies and generally taking the P out of our rivals The threads seem to be mostly started by posters that have very low post counts and/or joined this site recently. Of course I'm sure that's just coincidental... Or maybe folk had better things to do with their time than post on a website. Maybe folk prefered talking to real people about the issues facing Hibs Maybe folk did not know about this website until those ITK [lol] told them about it. We have over 15k fans a home game. Not every one is willing and able to post.

northstandhibby
30-01-2017, 07:58 PM
What I think is quite funny, is that there is an almost identical thread on sickbag (I think they call it "anyone fearing")
It's identical in the way that there are some who are overly confident that "we will pump the vermin" while others are "a bit worried" and some "we won't beat them the way we are playing".
Reading through this, and there are the same sort of comments with some over confident, some a little cautious, although I can't see many thinking we will get beat!
I always say that it's difficult to predict any cup games, and it's also difficult to predict Derby games. Although I'm not in the "we will pump the Yams" camp, I like to be quietly cautious but optimistic and will take a scrappy 1-0 win, hoping that their recent run has their confidence at an all time low. BUT then my brain gets the "law of averages" thought that although they are struggling to find a win, it's only a matter of time, and I don't want that to be against us!
I also love reading that site going into meltdown when they lose ESPECIALLY against the might Hibees.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I'm quietly confident and to be honest I'm far more concerned we win the league by a good margin soon and allow some of these fantastic young players to be given a first team run out and see what they're all about. Would be very nice to put them out again though and their meltdown would be nuclear.

Glory Glory

Is It On....
31-01-2017, 07:15 AM

New year's day I think...when Ian Murray had the 0-7 "hairstyle"

Is It On....
31-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Walker scored the first, pat mcginlay got the equaliser.

I remember another, more recent game, that we were 0-2 and came back to draw 🙂

WeeRussell
31-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Any update on how Agent Bikey is settling in?

Jim44
31-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Any update on how Agent Bikey is settling in?

I heard he's got first pick on the Salvation Army hostel beds before the other 8 get theirs. :greengrin

emerald green
31-01-2017, 01:59 PM
The time for Hibs fans to brag about beating Hearts is AFTER Hibs have done so. Not before so. But some folk will never learn I suppose.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2017, 03:02 PM
The time for Hibs fans to brag about beating Hearts is AFTER Hibs have done so. Not before so. But some folk will never learn I suppose.

Agree but we surely can look forward to this one with some confidence Doesnt guarantee the win as its a Derby and no mater thier form they will surely manage to get up or that one
Until we see how new signings impact on them ,and who we sign will leave prediction till the day of the game and knowing team selection
If we were scoring more goals that would have been good But our defence away from home recently isnt giving a lot away
But am looking forward to watching it

Edinburgher
31-01-2017, 03:29 PM
As someone born in 76, I have had an absolutely miserable time in Edinburgh derbies and never feel confident when playing that lot. However, given that derbies seem to, over all the years, be dominated by one club or the other then I am hoping that we can keep our good form against them going -I don`t think we will stroll this game by any rate but think we will sneak a win.

hibs0666
31-01-2017, 03:33 PM
There is absolutely no need to fear that mob. Their situation is so desperate that they have had to go out and sign a team of journeymen pros that is prepared to work with their weirdo manager.

GreenLake
31-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Persistent fouling, horrific decisions by the ref and horrendous bad luck are more likely to defeat us than Cathro's coaching or their team of mercenaries. Given a level playing field, albeit a *****ty little one out of compliance, we should win comfortably with our vastly superior players and team play.

Laptop Boy will be in a state of panic racking up a huge dialup bill at Tynecastle.

Jim44
31-01-2017, 04:09 PM
There should be more threads saying that hearts are going to turn us over. Because that'll influence the game as much as threads saying we are going to turn up and give them a doing.

I don't think they'll turn us over but three defeats in a row against Celtic, Sevco and Motherwell ( my opinion ) will make them desperate to win the big one. They will be strong favourites because of the home tie and their league status but despite all their growing confidence and bravado they will be bricking it, as a defeat will put them into freefall, whereas a defeat for us will just be a major disappointment. We have bigger fish to fry. :thumbsup:

IlDiavola
31-01-2017, 04:49 PM
You missed a trick there.

You could have had 9 separate posts with that lot.

:greengrin