PDA

View Full Version : Jambo's looking desperate.

swordin3
29-01-2017, 09:00 PM
As per the normal the Jambo's are pinning there whole season on beating the mighty Hibees. I you look back over the years as long as they have had a good record against us, most of them are well satisfied with there lot. We have the opportunity to give them a bigger kick in the bo@@*cks than our glorious cup win at Hampden did for them. We have the momentum ,we have a good enough squad,we have a manager who knows how to win big games and is a winner.

We need our big time players on the ball for this game and crush the pathetic Moron's. Thus closing down their forums for a record 7 days due to embarrassment.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mutley
29-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Celtic were always going to thrash them today, as someone said in another thread, the game against the huns on Wednesday will be more of an indication on how the team is coming together. If the get beat , and then we knock them out the cup, gorgie will have riots (unless the manage to draw and have another money spinner at ER of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
29-01-2017, 09:51 PM
They are panic buying big time. Remember the days when we done this and look how it turned out. They are signing more deadwood simple as that.

I'd rather have 2/3 good quality than 7 freebies or 4 month deals. I fancy us in the Derby more now with the new guys there.

Captain Trips
29-01-2017, 09:59 PM
They are panic buying big time. Remember the days when we done this and look how it turned out. They are signing more deadwood simple as that.

I'd rather have 2/3 good quality than 7 freebies or 4 month deals. I fancy us in the Derby more now with the new guys there.

This policy we seemed to adopt played its part in costing us our place in SPL. For every one good short term buy we got 4/5 failures. Almost signing folk for sake of it it felt like.

Stantons Angel
29-01-2017, 10:29 PM
This policy we seemed to adopt played its part in costing us our place in SPL. For every one good short term buy we got 4/5 failures. Almost signing folk for sake of it it felt like.

It certainly cost us that ill fated Scottish Cup Final. I felt most of the continued signings was because of the constant change of managers we had over such a short period.

Dont get too carried away with it all though, this is a derby and they will be up for kicking us off the park as usual. I can only go by what i saw today on tv when they played Celtic but i couldnt see anything that worried me about playing them.

BUT im keeping my hat on with that one, lets just get out there and play our football and watch out for the crude football they play!

Nicho87
29-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Paterson and souttar out is a defo plus for us.
Hanlons a loss for us but fonts can fit in nicely. An early cummings goal to rattle the fans wouls be most welcome.
Jamie Walker will clearly have his baffets on during this game. If we're going to tackle him make sure its before he gets to box and make it a hard one.

21sMay
29-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Cathro looks like he wants his hearts team to play football, which I'm delighted about because if they want to actually try and play football for a change then they are in for a fright because we will beat them at it without doubt. If they change back to their long ball attitude then they may give us a game

vuefrom1875
29-01-2017, 10:43 PM

Ahh,reality kicks in for the Tramps... Now they are playing on a level financial playing field they're now in the real world.

marleyhib
29-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Being at home they'll surely have to come at us which I feel will suit us.

My Jambo neighbour is already making the excuse that their new players need time to settle.

If Celtic had Dembele or super Leigh today they'd have got a real doing.

They ain't great, we are solid but it's a Derby and you never know, can't wait just hope I can get a ticket !

wookie70
29-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Cathro looks like he wants his hearts team to play football, which I'm delighted about because if they want to actually try and play football for a change then they are in for a fright because we will beat them at it without doubt. If they change back to their long ball attitude then they may give us a game

I agree with that. The vast majority of victories Hearts have had in the 40 years of so I have been watching Derbies have been because they outbattled us. They have also fouled and dived when it is advantageous to do so. The diving seems to be alive and well but they looked second best physically against Raith and were completely outbattled in the first leg second half. It's a Derby though so who knows how it will go. For once though I don't see Hearts beating us due to their physical superiority and commitment. We can more than look after ourselves there. If they want to beat us they should sit in and hit us on the counter. Not sure that is in Cathro's makeup and if they lost doing it he would be toast.

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2017, 11:49 PM
I wont be reading too much into Hertz result at Celtic ..... every other team in Scotland has failed miserably to dent their armour this season.

The truth is that this is going to be quite a difficult derby to call ...... they have home advantage which though it doesn't always work out still has to be a tick in their positives box. Hibs have spent the last 6 months playing in exactly the same kind of games, where we spend 70% of our time in possession of the ball trying to get round 9 or 10 men.

The Yams mostly play in matches where the opposition at least try to mount attacks and so will ( or should be ) more in tune with the type of game this is likely to be ..... having said that, once we got our **** together the only team who have tried to match us toe to toe this season got their backsides kicked.

On the very positive side Hibs have played in some pretty brutal matches this season, Falkirk are a good substitute for the Yams and we handled their physical play well, I doubt we will struggle if the match gets tough ..... This could come down to the midfield battle and I would put our best up against anybody in Scotland on our day, including Celtic.

If you ask me when you boil it down the biggest things we have to fear are bad luck and bad refereeing.

SirDavidsNapper
29-01-2017, 11:55 PM
I wont be reading too much into Hertz result at Celtic ..... every other team in Scotland has failed miserably to dent their armour this season.

The truth is that this is going to be quite a difficult derby to call ...... they have home advantage which though it doesn't always work out still has to be a tick in their positives box. Hibs have spent the last 6 months playing in exactly the same kind of games, where we spend 70% of our time in possession of the ball trying to get round 9 or 10 men.

The Yams mostly play in matches where the opposition at least try to mount attacks and so will ( or should be ) more in tune with the type of game this is likely to be ..... having said that, once we got our **** together the only team who have tried to match us toe to toe this season got their backsides kicked.

On the very positive side Hibs have played in some pretty brutal matches this season, Falkirk are a good substitute for the Yams and we handled their physical play well, I doubt we will struggle if the match gets tough ..... This could come down to the midfield battle and I would put our best up against anybody in Scotland on our day, including Celtic.

If you ask me when you boil it down the biggest things we have to fear are bad luck and bad refereeing.

Spot on

monktonharp
30-01-2017, 03:14 AM

If you ask me when you boil it down the biggest things we have to fear are bad luck and bad refereeing.this

SirDavidsNapper
30-01-2017, 04:33 AM
Imagine the seethe if we pump them out the Scottish Cup for the 3rd time in 5 years. Meltdown would be an understatement

InchHibby
30-01-2017, 06:05 AM
I think the The Rangers will beat them this coming Wednesday but the problem with that is, they will then put all their eggs in the one basket and go for broke against us. We can't go into this game thinking any other way than, this is a Derby and anything can happen. To go in thinking all we have to do is turn up, play football and the game is ours will, in my opinion be a big mistake.
We have to go into this game even more professionally than ever, with total respect to the opposition, prepared to be hustled and harried with the usual bullying tactics, but if we prepare right, then we'll win.
Anything less will not work.

HFCdeb
30-01-2017, 07:21 AM
I think the The Rangers will beat them this coming Wednesday but the problem with that is, they will then put all their eggs in the one basket and go for broke against us. We can't go into this game thinking any other way than, this is a Derby and anything can happen. To go in thinking all we have to do is turn up, play football and the game is ours will, in my opinion be a big mistake.
We have to go into this game even more professionally than ever, with total respect to the opposition, prepared to be hustled and harried with the usual bullying tactics, but if we prepare right, then we'll win.
Anything less will not work.

The Hearts fans I know, and from what I've seen on their forum, all seen to be bemoaning their team's lack of fight and desire i.e. their "bullying tactics".
I believe this is why Hibs fans are slightly more confident. I don't recall at any stage this season questioning our team's fight, effort or desire. This is crucial in derbies and I think having a defence packed with Hibs fans will only serve to accentuate that will to compete.
We have spent the entire season fighting and grinding out results against teams who employ the tactics Hearts teams of old used to. The one team who attempted to play football against us got their arse skelped and big Marv ran the midfield show just like he did against higher league opposition last season.
I doubt Neil Lennon will accept anything other than complete professionalism.
We have nothing to fear. There is no "favourite" but all the pressure is on them, if they lose to us yet again then the knives will be out for Cathro. They're also at home, but if we can get their fans to turn on the team then who knows.

JimBHibees
30-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Irrespective how many issues they appear to have at the moment by the kick off on the day of the game they willl still be favourites to win. We will need to play our best to get anything IMO.

et vireta
30-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Irrespective how many issues they appear to have at the moment by the kick off on the day of the game they willl still be favourites to win. We will need to play our best to get anything IMO.

If we think back to the cup final I want to be feeling at Tynecastle how I felt at Hampden. Quietly confident. It was a feeling I had never experienced before. I wish I could harness that feeling again.
I have a bad feeling about this game just because its them at Tynecastle.

Mt heart is shouting get inta them and pump the rubbish !

:flag:

Man Down Under
30-01-2017, 08:10 AM
After watching Celtic play them I hope Humphrey starts, I think his pace down the wing and crosses into the box will cause problems.
I haven't been so confident going into a derby for a while, which actually worries me because confidence in a derby can end in tears!

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Waxy
30-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Yes they are actually trying to play football. We've always been better at that.

Just switch the play lol.Moneyspinner.

30-01-2017, 10:24 AM

Agree, wouldn't draw too much on yesterdays game as celtic are head and shoulders above anybody else in this Country.

The derby will be a hard game make no mistake and we will have to be at our best if we are going to win it.

Mikey09
30-01-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm never confident going into a Derby match. Dunno why it's just the way I am. However, listening to some Hertz fuds they always come out with the same bluster about "putting us back in our place, we own them blah blah blah!" Make no mistake they're keekin their breeks big style!!! Their season comes down to this game. Ours doesn't. Mon the Hibs!!

--------
30-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Irrespective how many issues they appear to have at the moment by the kick off on the day of the game they will still be favourites to win. We will need to play our best to get anything IMO.

You said it, Jim.

There's never been an easy or predictable derby between Hibs and Hearts. Not in my time, anyway.

JK Rolling
30-01-2017, 02:14 PM
With each new signing their confidence grows, which is understandable in that they appear to be getting some good players in although quite a few are short term contracts, but my confidence comes from the knowledge that even good(ish) players take time to gel. They don't have that time before they play us in the cup and when we meet them again next season in the league most of their 'new' signings will have left meaning they're in 'rebuilding' mode again. WIN/WIN for us, quite literally.

Shrekko
30-01-2017, 02:26 PM
After watching Celtic play them I hope Humphrey starts, I think his pace down the wing and crosses into the box will cause problems.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

I'm not really seeing this pace so far. Great wing play when he set up the goal v United but not seen him skinning anyone else yet. Not saying he's not done ok but he's nowhere near as quick as Boyle.

SanFranHibs
30-01-2017, 02:46 PM
As per the normal the Jambo's are pinning there whole season on beating the mighty Hibees. I you look back over the years as long as they have had a good record against us, most of them are well satisfied with there lot. We have the opportunity to give them a bigger kick in the bo@@*cks than our glorious cup win at Hampden did for them. We have the momentum ,we have a good enough squad,we have a manager who knows how to win big games and is a winner.

We need our big time players on the ball for this game and crush the pathetic Moron's. Thus closing down their forums for a record 7 days due to embarrassment.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A good point.

In a derby I would never predict certain victory but I am confident that we can beat them. We have a manger that is used to beating them, admittedly with a better squad currently at his disposal and who will relish beating them again. Our fans will be up for it of course and I am convinced the players will be primed and ready.

But to your point. This game might define Hearts season. They are a 3rd to 5th in the league I think and if knocked out of the cup will just see out a pedestrian last 3 months, staying roughly where they are.

Whereas our season is going to be defined by winning the Championship and gaining promotion.

:flag:

greenginger
30-01-2017, 04:48 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38799666

Add a couple of Greeks into the mix.

8 new players in this window. It's getting back to the mad Vlad days, when one January he signed 20 or more players and there was not enough room or pegs for changing for training.

Pete
30-01-2017, 05:00 PM

8 new players in this window. It's getting back to the mad Vlad days, when one January he signed 20 or more players and there was not enough room or pegs for changing for training.

Tzolios and Anastasios Avlonitis.

They used to kill thousands back in the day.

Nameless
30-01-2017, 05:06 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but do you not have to register your squad for the SC before you play in it? I know in Europe you need to register a squad before CL or UEFA cup games, but is it the same for domestic cups?

H18 SFR
30-01-2017, 05:20 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but do you not have to register your squad for the SC before you play in it? I know in Europe you need to register a squad before CL or UEFA cup games, but is it the same for domestic cups?

No, all their hatchet men will be available.

GreenCastle
30-01-2017, 05:50 PM

8 players is quite a big turnaround!

I know they have had 2 bad injuries and released a few but interesting to see how they all do / gel.

Notice the 2 Greeks are 6 ft 2 and 5 out of the 8 are over 6ft - sounds like a typical Levein player. 7 out of the 8 are signed till summer with only Martin getting a deal till May 2020.

Aldo
30-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Accordingly so some of them on Social Media one of the midfielders is the best in Greece and has referred to him as 'The Greek Ballack'

heidtheba
30-01-2017, 05:55 PM
I don't feel anything overall either way. I think they are poor but I'd never underestimate them.
I don't want our team going in to it thinking they are better. I don't want them going in to it thinking they are a division below and therefore not equals. Total concentration, total commitment, no silly charging about like Cummings did in the replay and no-one going around trying to showboat.
I want our most professional game thus far. I want them beaten but I don't want us to take our eye off the ball in the run up by speculating one way or the other about Hearts and their manager or recent results. It's a derby, at their home ground and they are desperate to get one over us.
Go in confident in themselves (not arrogant) but focus focus focus.

bigwheel
30-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Thos two greek players look to have a pretty good pedigree tbh...it's not often a non old firm team will sign a player with 62 international caps...obviously will need to see how quick they settle in...but two decent additions on paper.

Frazerbob
30-01-2017, 05:58 PM
My concern is that unlike last season, we haven't played any premiership teams. As has been mentioned, it'll be a totally different game from our usual 65% possession against a parked bus.

heidtheba
30-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Thos two greek players look to have a pretty good pedigree tbh...it's not often a non old firm team will sign a player with 62 international caps...obviously will need to see how quick they settle in...but two decent additions on paper.

Yup - totally agree. These players have a pedigree in a decent league.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Accordingly so some of them on Social Media one of the midfielders is the best in Greece and has referred to him as 'The Greek Ballack'

It's Bollock but as we all know there are definitely communication problems over there.

Kostas Zilch was the real target but these guys were even cheaper they're lining up another container load before the window closes and Cathro returns from his Space Invaders competition

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2017, 06:38 PM
8 players already? Cathro's acting quickly - he must have a vast scouting network?

coldingham hibs
30-01-2017, 06:40 PM
I would guess that these players would be at another club if they were currently playing to a 'high standard'.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2017, 06:40 PM
8 players already? Cathro's acting quickly - he must have a vast scouting network?
[emoji1] he'll not have much to do with it. Just Potter and a measuring tape by the looks of things

Gordy M
30-01-2017, 06:42 PM

And yet when we are linked with Ambrose, who has won over 50 caps for Nigeria and won the African Cup of Nations then he isnt deemed good enough??

tamig
30-01-2017, 06:42 PM
8 players is quite a big turnaround!

I know they have had 2 bad injuries and released a few but interesting to see how they all do / gel.

Notice the 2 Greeks are 6 ft 2 and 5 out of the 8 are over 6ft - sounds like a typical Levein player. 7 out of the 8 are signed till summer with only Martin getting a deal till May 2020.
Just sounds like the Ross County signing policy.

ancient hibee
30-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Not his responsibility.

Golden Bear
30-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Just sounds like the Ross County signing policy.

I've said that a couple of times. They seem to specialise in signing players on short term contracts. If the August to December squad fail to produce the goods then another batch of mercenaries will be shipped in for the second half of the season.

tamig
30-01-2017, 07:28 PM
I've said that a couple of times. They seem to specialise in signing players on short term contracts. If the August to December squad fail to produce the goods then another batch of mercenaries will be shipped in for the second half of the season.

Apologies GB but I haven't checked out the whole thread. It seems to work for the Highlanders but reeks of short termism and certainly doesn't appear to me to be the strategy of a "famous" "big team". Desperado stuff more like.

Eyrie
30-01-2017, 08:04 PM

He does on Football Manager, which is how he identifies the players to sign in real life.