PDA

View Full Version : Celtic v Hertz

Pages : 1 [2]

Just Alf
29-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Hugh Keevins described this as the worst Hearts team he's ever seen.

I didn't see the game, but I've seen some horrendous Hearts teams over the years.

Shirley he's been at the hyperbole?
They are mince. Having a quick pint with a yam pal ( :D ), he was at the game, hes had a good few beers but he's half greetin' 'bout it all .... pair wee soul!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-01-2017, 08:08 PM
If they lose to us Cathro will be under massive pressure and he will be finished in the eyes of many yams. Problem is they have bet the house on this guy. They have signed 8 players this window. Bringing in someone else who would then want his own players would be a very expensive business.
We need to make sure we bring all this about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he or Levein bring these guys in? As I said earlier, Levein doesn't seem to take much responsibility for anything. If Cathro was to go, surely Potter has to go with him

Captain Trips
29-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Did he or Levein bring these guys in? As I said earlier, Levein doesn't seem to take much responsibility for anything. If Cathro was to go, surely Potter has to go with him

Potter and Cathro the footballing equivalent of Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwoods Brits hosting.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Cathro is gone and Houston is in before we play them.

Billy Whizz
29-01-2017, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Cathro is gone and Houston is in before we play them.

What sort of length of contract is Cathro on. Surely even their mega bucks club could afford to pay him off, unless he's on sweeties

Marco G
29-01-2017, 08:21 PM
If they lose to us Cathro will be under massive pressure and he will be finished in the eyes of many yams. Problem is they have bet the house on this guy. They have signed 8 players this window. Bringing in someone else who would then want his own players would be a very expensive business.

Agree. All the pressure is on them. Like the way Lennon said winning league is our priority. We can go into this with confidence and no fear.

Watched todays game. Dont agree with those who say that losing to Celtic means nothing. Imo Hearts had a plan to press high and when they ran out of steam had no plan b. Weakened Celtic team could have scored even more with better final ball (sorted once Liam came on!).

I think we could find a way to beat Celtic and we have the players to do it. Clearly Hearts dont and looking at the league table they could end up bottom 6 as things are going.

H18 SFR
29-01-2017, 08:24 PM
What sort of length of contract is Cathro on. Surely even their mega bucks club could afford to pay him off, unless he's on sweeties

Three and a half years.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 08:24 PM

I don't think it will be mega bucks. There is rumbling from Falkirk way about Houston being unhappy as are the fans. A mutual parting there followed by a quick installation over the road. They are desperate to beat us in the cup. Houston Levein and Hearts. All made fur each other. It would give the fans a wee pick me up too. Keep them DD intact.

bingo70
29-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Agree. All the pressure is on them. Like the way Lennon said winning league is our priority. We can go into this with confidence and no fear.

Watched todays game. Dont agree with those who say that losing to Celtic means nothing. Imo Hearts had a plan to press high and when they ran out of steam had no plan b. Weakened Celtic team could have scored even more with better final ball (sorted once Liam came on!).

I think we could find a way to beat Celtic and we have the players to do it. Clearly Hearts dont and looking at the league table they could end up bottom 6 as things are going.

They're definitely heading towards the bottom 6, I checked earlier to see if there was any chance of relegation but they've probably got enough to be safe this season which is dissapointing.

Cod Boy
29-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Is Levien bringing in all these players then would seem strange to sack Cathro if Hearts were letting him change most of the squad then bin him.

lord bunberry
29-01-2017, 08:32 PM
It would be more likely he would be put on gardening leave.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 08:34 PM

Possibly get a coaching role.

mjhibby
29-01-2017, 08:37 PM
One guy on sickbag said after the caveman was nudged aside that there was a story still to come out about cathro replacing oor Robbie. It seemed a bizarre appointment at the time as Kris Boyd amongst others have said and seems even more weird now. From letting go any promising player like muirhead etc to losing the experience of ozturk to then replace them with a 37 yr old who was playing in India to a Hamilton lback who had only played 7 games this season to leaping in to sign on your bikey after he trialled at hibs. Their obsession with us probably saw them sign a 21 yr old untried player who would have been fifth choice at us. Why is it none of Patterson,walker or Nicholson want to stay and they were actively looking to punt Patterson before his unfortunate injury. Minus their main goal threat in Patterson they look toothless and the sevco game is now massive. If they don't win either of their next two games the Cathy is on a very gluey wicket. Lose to us and he's gone. Not that I'm bothered but it does look like potter does run the show and they have gone from being just off sevco and the dons to now struggling to keep fifth place. Queen budge said Cathy was brought in to get them into Europe. Mmmm unlikely now. After we play them in the cup I will go back to not giving two hoots about them but it does look like the good ship hmfc is steering rudderless to the rocks. Btw Cathy's musings makes cantonas following of the sardines seem like a masterpiece. Wee rant over youll he glad to hear.

Billy Whizz
29-01-2017, 08:38 PM

3 years is a long time to be on gardening leave

Sir David Gray
29-01-2017, 08:38 PM
I can't see Cathro going anywhere any time soon.

Peevemor
29-01-2017, 08:39 PM

... and if a new guy wanted to change the squad in the summer he'd have to empty as many as possible to be able to bring to bring in his own signings, all on a sensible budget.

It's very similar to what happened at Hibs when Mowbray left and we all know how long it's taken to recover.

PatHead
29-01-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't think it will be mega bucks. There is rumbling from Falkirk way about Houston being unhappy as are the fans. A mutual parting there followed by a quick installation over the road. They are desperate to beat us in the cup. Houston Levein and Hearts. All made fur each other. It would give the fans a wee pick me up too. Keep them DD intact.

Any sightings seen near the club shop?

Marco G
29-01-2017, 08:43 PM
They're definitely heading towards the bottom 6, I checked earlier to see if there was any chance of relegation but they've probably got enough to be safe this season which is dissapointing.
Yep, but with their business plan based on top four place then cash from bottom six finish could be big problem!

Big_Franck
29-01-2017, 08:46 PM

I checked the odds on that after reading this. Skybet are offering 66/1 for the saviles to finish bottom six.

Given the cushion they have over the bottom 6 it's very unlikely but that's an overly generous price given Cathro's record so far.

Is It On....
29-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Hugh Keevins described this as the worst Hearts team he's ever seen.

I didn't see the game, but I've seen some horrendous Hearts teams over the years.

Shirley he's been at the hyperbole?

A season ticket holder I know at the PBS doesn't go at the moment because they are awful. Said it was starting to go wrong with RN but this had accelerated under Cathro and they seem to be restructuring in mid season. Hopefully the decline continues 🙂

iwasthere1972
29-01-2017, 09:05 PM
I checked the odds on that after reading this. Skybet are offering 66/1 for the saviles to finish bottom six.

Given the cushion they have over the bottom 6 it's very unlikely but that's an overly generous price given Cathro's record so far.

I'm not a betting man but even I know that's an offer that should be snapped up before the Jambos get their money on it and heavily reduce the odds. 66/1 terrific

jgl07
29-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Keevins will say anything he can think of to detract from a Celtic win. The sooner dinosaurs like him are gone from Scottish sports media the better.
Keevins is a Celtic supporter surely?

He pissed off the Celtic board and got banned from Parkhead.

Is It On....
29-01-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm not a betting man but even I know that's an offer that should be snapped up before the Jambos get their money on it and heavily reduce the odds. 66/1 terrific

66/1 implies about 1.5% chance of it happening. I would say it's definately greater than that and us doing our part could certainly make a real difference 🙂

erin go bragh
29-01-2017, 09:21 PM
66/1 implies about 1.5% chance of it happening. I would say it's definately greater than that and us doing our part could certainly make a real difference 🙂

There are 8pts between them and Ross county and Killie .
66-1 is worth a wee punt .

Marco G
29-01-2017, 09:25 PM

10th place are 10 points behind with game in hand!

lord bunberry
29-01-2017, 09:29 PM
3 years is a long time to be on gardening leave
There's no way they could afford to pay him off.

Big L
29-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Had a look at yams rumours, I don't think they fancy this one little bit! According to them they've got another 4 players signing before the window closes. CH, MF from Greece ( WI 373 CAPS) a Wide man and a striker. They're piling them in!

21sMay
29-01-2017, 09:40 PM
I highly doubt they will finish bottom six . I am however totally enjoying the fact that they are on a shocking run of form since Cathro took over. They have made a few signings so far and also after that ex stmirren forward who I think will be a decent signing if they can keep him away from George street. All these signings made so far from them are eating away at their budget along with Sammon and oshiniwa(so) , and all of this to battle out 4th place with st Johnston and attempt to stop us from turning them over at the PBS. Reeks of desperation from Cathro after a very short time in charge, keep up the good work Cathro