PDA

View Full Version : London Hibs Burns Night

SouthMoroccoStu
29-01-2017, 11:06 AM
A massive thank you and well done to everyone from The London Hibs Branch for a fantastic night last night

Long story short......I live in Kent now so I don't get to see and interactive with as many hibees as I used to in Edinburgh

Unfortunately I wasn't organised enough buy a ticket before the event sold out. But being relatively close to London I thought I go to the bar and at least get a pint with some fellow supporters before they began the event.

As soon as I walked in the bar, wearing my hibs tartan tie, I was spotted, invited to join the group and greeted like an old friend and introduced to everyone. The London Hibs boys truly are Hibs Class.

On finding out I didn't have a ticket, they immediately invited me to join them for the evening.

It was also brilliant to speak with the lads from Marathon Bet including our own Tom Zanelli. Their knowledge and passion for the club was obvious and it makes me happy to know our main sponsor actually care about us.

Club legends Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon, Gordon Hunter and Paul Kane (who brought down great numbers from Edinburgh) were all on fine form and always have time for supporters.

The entertainment was super, folk singer and piper, and the burns supper certainly hit the spot. We were even treated to a welcome whisky in very smart Hibernian and Marathon Bet laser etched glass - a lovely momento for the night.

To top the evening off, there was a very special guest in form of the Scottish Cup. I don't think I'll ever get sick of seeing it in the hibs colours.

Once again a massive thank you to everyone at London Hibs and I will certainly be attending all your events in the future.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
29-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Just surfaced Really enjoable occassion and some of the best Haggis i have Tasted
Poor Gordon Rae had nearly lost his voice but ex players seemed to be having a great time Always good to hear them talk about thete time at the club

London Hibs Supporters Club
29-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Thank you for the kind words of appreciation and I'm glad you managed to gain entry as the venue was slightly oversubscribed with over 200 in attendance. Thankfully there was no major incidents other than Gordon Rae keeling over backwards and damaging the Hibernian backdrop for the cup. I'm sure it was due to an uneven surface :greengrin

I managed home by 2:30am (well done TfL for 24 hour transport) and miraculously got up at 8am to take my lad to a football match this morning. That was a feat in itself.

Round two will commence now as I'm heading to Kings Cross for a wee livener with the Edinburgh contingent before they head back on the 16:30....it could get messy!

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to our database and keep you in the loop regards to meet-ups and future events.

Glad you enjoyed the evening and thank you for your support.

Earlydelivery
29-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Thank you for the kind words of appreciation and I'm glad you managed to gain entry as the venue was slightly oversubscribed with over 200 in attendance. Thankfully there was no major incidents other than Gordon Rae keeling over backwards and damaging the Hibernian backdrop for the cup. I'm sure it was due to an uneven surface :greengrin

I managed home by 2:30am (well done TfL for 24 hour transport) and miraculously got up at 8am to take my lad to a football match this morning. That was a feat in itself.

Round two will commence now as I'm heading to Kings Cross for a wee livener with the Edinburgh contingent before they head back on the 16:30....it could get messy!

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to our database and keep you in the loop regards to meet-ups and future events.

Glad you enjoyed the evening and thank you for your support.
i attended the last 2 fabulous occasions.

sleeping giant
29-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Glad you enjoyed your night guys.

29-01-2017, 01:03 PM
We produced these as a memento of the evening for all to take home. Over 8 litres of whisky was consumed :drunk:

C Feeney-Seale
29-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks all for a great night, brilliant to see so many out and was great to meet you all.

Enjoyed being re-united with the Scottish Cup again!

Couple of photos from last night (happy to share full size by PM or email, let me know):

http://i.imgur.com/lGU9h8b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NJinB2i.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DgA9AJ8.jpg

hibbie02
29-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Thanks all for a great night, brilliant to see so many out and was great to meet you all.

Enjoyed being re-united with the Scottish Cup again!

Couple of photos from last night (happy to share full size by PM or email, let me know):

http://i.imgur.com/lGU9h8b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NJinB2i.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DgA9AJ8.jpg

Bugger. I should have came along and winged it! Always a great night, but I bet it was special last night with the Cup.

Brummie_Hibs
29-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Great night, and let's hope that it's not another 3, or was it 4 years?, before the next one

HibeeDave
29-01-2017, 04:58 PM
What a great night. We got there early and got our seats, chuffed when the Scottish Cup was set up right next to us, Gordon Rae and Alan Sneddon were great, John Leslie was on top form too

Off the bar
29-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Massive thanks to Graeme for all the work the must have gone in to a superb night!

If you were there and lost an old green hibs jumper with the old crest pm me your address and I'll post it back to you. It was on the back of one of the chairs at our table and my old man picked it up as we left thinking it was mine.

29-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Massive thanks to Graeme for all the work the must have gone in to a superb night!

If you were there and lost an old green hibs jumper with the old crest pm me your address and I'll post it back to you. It was on the back of one of the chairs at our table and my old man picked it up as we left thinking it was mine.

Cheers, G - I'll send out an email to the guest list asking if anything was left behind. I don't have all the attendees names on the list (some were John Smith +2) but hopefully we will find the rightful owner.

The event (and others) don't happen without the input of various sponsors. Marathon Bet really played a blinder and assisted in making this a night to remember.

Trust me, this was a piece of piss to organise (although a lot more time-consuming) compared to the SC Final debentures that I sorted. At least I know you folks, the SCF was arranging folks travelling from all over the globe. My neck was on the line!

I must admit that I'm suffering today. Irvine Welsh's drug dealer has a lot to answer for :wink:.

Hopefully Quinn's will be open for the Yams match - I'll keep you informed.

Off the bar
29-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Cheers, G - I'll send out an email to the guest list asking if anything was left behind. I don't have all the attendees names on the list (some were John Smith +2) but hopefully we will find the rightful owner.

The event (and others) don't happen without the input of various sponsors. Marathon Bet really played a blinder and assisted in making this a night to remember.

Trust me, this was a piece of piss to organise (although a lot more time-consuming) compared to the SC Final debentures that I sorted. At least I know you folks, the SCF was arranging folks travelling from all over the globe. My neck was on the line!

I must admit that I'm suffering today. Irvine Welsh's drug dealer has a lot to answer for :wink:.

Nice one, judging by the condition of said jumper it has seen the good times and the bad! But I imagine it has significant sentimental value and I'd like to get it back to it's owner if possible.

Looking forward to the derby at Quinns high time I saw us win in there again!

Brooster
29-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Good to see the cup visiting the London Branch. Is that Mr Blackpool putting in an appearance?

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Good to see the cup visiting the London Branch. Is that Mr Blackpool putting in an appearance?

Aye, i was down in St Albans visiting family from thursday, and this event happened to be on at the same time.

It really was a great night and very well attended. :top marks

Is It On....
29-01-2017, 09:17 PM

As a relatively new member, I am not a PM (think you have to be sponsored) but is there a London Hibs website or generic email address I can register / send emails to?

Brooster
29-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Superb, worked out well for you. Rorie and Brett doing a grand job conducting the Persevered tour.

29-01-2017, 09:21 PM
As a relatively new member, I am not a PM (think you have to be sponsored) but is there a London Hibs website or generic email address I can register / send emails to?

Click on my username and send me a private message with your email address and you're in on all future correspondence.

:agree:

Is It On....
29-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Click on my username and send me a private message with your email address and you're in on all future correspondence.

:agree:

Thanks. Currently on crutches with a torn Achilles tendon after being kicked in the leg at the Rezillos gig near Kings X on Friday so will PM you later. Just hoping I recover in time to see SLF in early March!!

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Superb, worked out well for you. Rorie and Brett doing a grand job conducting the Persevered tour.

:agree: Absolutely fantastic job getting the trophy to as many people as they have. Got to say what a well organised do this was, and i don't think anyone who was there could fail to have had a great time.

It was great to see a few friends from the past, and meet a few new ones too. Gordon Rae and Gordon Hunter are two of the nicest people you could ever meet, and gave their time to anyone who wanted a picture or a chat.

Cant wait for the next one. :top marks

https://youtu.be/KDjVJETNtkU

Johnny Clash
29-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Brilliant night. Six of us had a great time snd really enjoyed the entire vibe which was so friendly and comradely. Hopefully we'll all be back again next year with the Cup safely in the bag!!

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 08:34 AM

Praise must also go to Frank Dougan, Sue McLernon and Colin Millar (and other volunteers) who take Cup out in Edinburgh and surrounding areas

brog
30-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Aye, i was down in St Albans visiting family from thursday, and this event happened to be on at the same time.

It really was a great night and very well attended. :top marks

Didn't realise you were there G. Sorry I never got chance to say hello.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Didn't realise you were there G. Sorry I never got chance to say hello.

No worries, it was mobbed. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
30-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Praise must also go to Frank Dougan, Sue McLernon and Colin Millar (and other volunteers) who take Cup out in Edinburgh and surrounding areas

Hats off to everyone who volunteered there services for the Persevered Tour.http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Sergey
30-01-2017, 08:05 PM
A good video of the evenings presentations with our guests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23dOr4hkBCc&feature=youtu.be

Billy Whizz
30-01-2017, 08:35 PM

Looks like a great event.
Sergey, how many Hibs fans are registered with London Hibs

Sergey
30-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Looks like a great event.
Sergey, how many Hibs fans are registered with London Hibs

While we call ourselves 'London Hibs' a lot of the members live in the SE of England. I have a database of around 160 folks that I know are active and reply. Alas it's transient and folks move home to Scotland or get jobs overseas. It's really impossible to give you an accurate number. But there's 160 on the database that have access to our season tickets if and when they travel back to the Holy Land.

Given that there was 200 in attendance on Saturday - minus Kano's contingent of 40 (a handful of VIP guests) then there are folks in attendance who aren't on the database.

The beauty/dislike (delete as appropriate) of modern media means we no longer meet as often as we used to. That's a shame as I met a number of folks in person again for the first time in years.

It really was a spanking night and will not be bettered.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 09:25 PM

Tad silly putting video up which contains candidate for director to be singing warburton song, kinda throwing her under a bus

northstandhibby
30-01-2017, 09:36 PM

Loved watching that. Looked as if it was a brilliant night with some of the eighties legends attending.

:thumbsup:

Glory Glory

FranckSuzy
30-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Tad silly putting video up which contains candidate for director to be singing warburton song

TBF, I've heard worse language from some of the current incumbents :wink: :greengrin

PS Would anyone know it was them unless someone pointed it out? :devil:

Sergey
30-01-2017, 09:45 PM
TBF, I've heard worse language from some of the current incumbents :wink: :greengrin

I promise there was no refugee songs or any other ditties referring to s*"m of that persuasion. It was a jovial blast.

BTW - Once we count the notes collected - you'll receive a donation.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 09:48 PM

Maybe so S, however if C were to be elected, and certain media people get hold of it, they would have a field day. Actually surprised the video is allowed to remain on family forum, given some of the language

Ronniekirk
30-01-2017, 09:48 PM
While we call ourselves 'London Hibs' a lot of the members live in the SE of England. I have a database of around 160 folks that I know are active and reply. Alas it's transient and folks move home to Scotland or get jobs overseas. It's really impossible to give you an accurate number. But there's 160 on the database that have access to our season tickets if and when they travel back to the Holy Land.

Given that there was 200 in attendance on Saturday - minus Kano's contingent of 40 (a handful of VIP guests) then there are folks in attendance who aren't on the database.

The beauty/dislike (delete as appropriate) of modern media means we no longer meet as often as we used to. That's a shame as I met a number of folks in person again for the first time in years.

It really was a spanking night and will not be bettered.

Yep sare heid in the mornng Came down and stayed with my son who lives in London Think he recently joined the Database
But on that showing would happily pop back down again

Sergey
30-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Maybe so S, however if C were to be elected, and certain media people get hold of it, they would have a field day. Actually surprised the video is allowed to remain on family forum, given some of the language

I feel your having an argument for the sake of having an argument that none of us really want to get involved with. Please take your vitriol towards directors to another thread - please.

IT WAS A BURNS SUPPER IN LONDON AND YOU WEREN'T THERE.

Live with it,

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I feel your having an argument for the sake of having an argument that none of us really want to get involved with. Please take your vitriol towards directors to another thread - please.

IT WAS A BURNS SUPPER IN LONDON AND YOU WEREN'T THERE.

Live with it,

Not arguing, just feel it's dangerous putting videos up, that can bite you on bottom....

However, crack on:aok:

Sergey
30-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Not arguing, just feel it's dangerous putting videos up, that can bite you on bottom....

However, crack on:aok:

I couldn't give a toss - what you see is what you get.

You seemingly speak for the people.

Scottie
30-01-2017, 10:16 PM

Thank's for uploading Sergey. Couple of my all time Hibs idol's there in big Gordon Rae and Alan Sneddon.

Look's like everyone had a great evening. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 10:19 PM
I couldn't give a toss - what you see is what you get.

You seemingly speak for the people.

Nope, just speak for myself:aok:

FranckSuzy
30-01-2017, 10:29 PM
I promise there was no refugee songs or any other ditties referring to s*"m of that persuasion. It was a jovial blast.

BTW - Once we count the notes collected - you'll receive a donation.

Many thanks :thumbsup::top marks