PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Richie Towell

Baader
29-01-2017, 01:33 AM
Did not know he is playing for Brighton. Scored for them in their 3-1 upset to giantkillers Lincoln City. Although he isn't first choice for The Seagulls he could be a Premier League player next season...

Lincoln's fairytale FA Cup run goes on and they look like certs for promotion to the League as well. Danny Cowley and his brother must be on the radar of a number of clubs as they look real managerial talents.

Little bit of magic restored to the FA Cup after some of today's results...

Incidentally it's Lincoln's furthest foray in the FA Cup since 1902!!! Their away kit is green and white so maybe they should start wearing it!

Forza Fred
29-01-2017, 05:01 AM
Did not know he is playing for Brighton. Scored for them in their 3-1 upset to giantkillers Lincoln City. Although he isn't first choice for The Seagulls he could be a Premier League player next season...

Lincoln's fairytale FA Cup run goes on and they look like certs for promotion to the League as well. Danny Cowley and his brother must be on the radar of a number of clubs as they look real managerial talents.

Incidentally it's Lincoln's furthest foray in the FA Cup since 1902!!! Their away kit is green and white so maybe they should start wearing it!

Lincoln City have served me well on the betting lists in Oz...started following them early in the season.

simple
29-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Apparently he plays central midfield now, I think he mostly played right back for hibs.

Speedy
29-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Apparently he plays central midfield now, I think he mostly played right back for hibs.

If I remember rightly he was at centre mid at Celtic. For aome reason we played him at right back.

simple
29-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Just watching the game now, looks much leaner that when at hibs, but I think when we got him from Celtic he had a few injury problems.

Big_Franck
29-01-2017, 10:26 AM
IMO he was poor for us and his stupid errors cost us more than a goal or two. He's barely had a sniff of a game in a year at Brighton. He'll be back in Ireland or at a League 1/2 side in the summer.

SonOfDavidFrancey
29-01-2017, 10:50 AM
The commentaries were full of our old underperforming loanees - Doherty, Francomb etc.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2017, 11:02 AM
When we go back up this season it will be obvious to any new players coming in whether on loan or permanent, that the required standards have been re-drawn both on and off the pitch.

Billychaotic182
29-01-2017, 11:23 AM
He plays as a number ten and scored a load of goals in Ireland. Don't know how he is getting on in England but he was a total stand out in Ireland. Would fit well into our team now. He is nothing like the player we had on loan.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 11:45 AM
IMO he was poor for us and his stupid errors cost us more than a goal or two. He's barely had a sniff of a game in a year at Brighton. He'll be back in Ireland or at a League 1/2 side in the summer.

Harsh? His debut against the Huns is the only one that springs to mind.

1van Sprou7e
29-01-2017, 12:37 PM
One thing I remember about him is missing an open goal and instead hitting himself in the face with the ball

Onceinawhile
29-01-2017, 01:13 PM
I remember him playing centre mid when we played an Irish team (bohemians?) In a mid season friendly and he played quite well.

Think we won that game, can anyone else remember it?

HFCdeb
29-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Pumped one of my pals when he was at Hibs.

--------
29-01-2017, 01:35 PM

Richie Towell may just find himself playing for an EPL team, but he will NEVER be a genuine EPL player.

Well done Lincoln - hope they get a decent draw.

Too many 'big teams' not taking this competition seriously IMO. Sad to see the FA Cup being undermined by TV money.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 01:44 PM

Classy Deb.😂😂

HFCdeb
29-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Classy Deb.😂😂

😂 he did. Valdas Trakys pumped another.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 02:26 PM
😂 he did. Valdas Trakys pumped another.

😂😂

Andy74
29-01-2017, 02:53 PM
The commentaries were full of our old underperforming loanees - Doherty, Francomb etc.

Doherty didn't underperform for us. He might have said daft things after the final but he was a very good right back.

MKHIBEE
29-01-2017, 05:56 PM

I can't agree that Lincoln look like certs for promotion, while we have games in hand we are still in the FA Trophy and the backlog of fixtures is growing. We don't have the biggest of squads but we have done remarkably well to be where we are. The Cowleys have just extended their contracts until 2021, if they get us back into the football league they can move to a bigger club with my blessing and a lot of cash.

MKHIBEE
29-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Well done Lincoln - hope they get a decent draw.
Sutton United at home please or Man United Away are my preferences

hibs#1
29-01-2017, 06:33 PM

Best post I've seen on here 😂😂

hibby6270
29-01-2017, 06:54 PM

Richie Towell scored in other ways as well after leaving Hibs.:wink:
43 goals in 3 seasons at Dundalk in 90+ games. Pretty good ratio for a midfielder.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2017, 07:13 PM

Hahaha great post :-)