PDA

View Full Version : MotD

H18 SFR
28-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Female commentator - screaming like a Yam. Can't bare it.

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 11:54 PM
The Polar Bear had a mare.

cleanyman
28-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Conrad Logan

Wow

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Blackburn fans throw tennis balls onto pitch as a protest. What's away that aboot.

Heisenberg
28-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Aye Logan had a shocker for Rochdale. He will always be a Hibs hero and I'm glad that's how it'll stay.

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 11:59 PM

Guess you'll no be voting for a female rep onto the board.

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Aye Logan had a shocker for Rochdale. He will always be a Hibs hero and I'm glad that's how it'll stay.

Exactly.

H18 SFR
29-01-2017, 12:05 AM

Il be voting for the best candidate regardless of their gender.

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Il be voting for the best candidate regardless of their gender.

🖒

iwasthere1972
29-01-2017, 12:17 AM

Still ten times better than Motson.

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2017, 12:46 AM
The Polar Bear had a mare.

So he did ...... gave away a goal in a league game a couple of weeks ago too with a similar poor clearance, perhaps its just as well he will never get the chance to blot his copy book at Hibs ... legend forever :greengrin

It was nice to see English football continuing to flush what used to be the worlds most iconic competition down the pan as well ..... most of the guys playing for Spurs and Liverpool were only household names in their own houses ..... the crowd for Crystal Palace v Man City was only a few hundred above Bonnyrigg Rose v Hibs, even with fans staying away in protest about how Palace are doing in the league it was still poor.

tamig
29-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Still ten times better than Motson.

Nothing wrong with Motty. Superb commentator imo.

SRHibs
29-01-2017, 01:39 AM

A prepubescent boy would also be annoying to listen to as a commentator.

BoltonHibee
29-01-2017, 01:45 AM

Not watched that program in years. She was ****ing awful

Wheat Hound
29-01-2017, 01:58 AM
Matt Doherty for Wolves & Richie Towell scoring for Brighton too

Phil MaGlass
29-01-2017, 06:07 AM
Many (not all) female tv commentators do my nut in, its the same with female dj,s on the radio (all of them), just so annoying.

HFCdeb
29-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Many (not all) female tv commentators do my nut in, its the same with female dj,s on the radio (all of them), just so annoying.

And yet, the annoying male DJs, commentators and pundits outnumber the annoying female ones by a considerable distance.

Hibs1972
29-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Can't say I get the moaning about the female commentator,didn't bother me in the slightest,seemed to do a decent enough job,can't please everyone I suppose!:flag::flag::flag:

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Can't say I get the moaning about the female commentator,didn't bother me in the slightest,seemed to do a decent enough job,can't please everyone I suppose!:flag::flag::flag:

Dinosaurs

hibsbollah
29-01-2017, 08:36 AM

Wow. All my favourite DJs on six music are women, Mariella Frostrupp on radio 4, as for them doing the football, I thought this had stopped being something to be surprised about in circa 1995? The voices I literally can't listen to are both male: Laurenson and Alan ****ing Green

Phil MaGlass
29-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Wow. All my favourite DJs on six music are women, Mariella Frostrupp on radio 4, as for them doing the football, I thought this had stopped being something to be surprised about in circa 1995? The voices I literally can't listen to are both male: Laurenson and Alan ****ing Green

Youre absolutely right about Lawrencen and the likes, but I am definitely not surprised that there are women commentators and never once mentioned my surprise, IMO women commentators just dont do it for me.
I have switched off MOTD due to twats like Wright and every time Hazel Irvine appears on the box I have to turn her off, one of the few women commentators I can actually watch is Clare Balding.
As for the comment on dinosaur, no, I dont think so, I just dont enjoy listening to most women sport commentators.

Broken Gnome
29-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Youre absolutely right about Lawrencen and the likes, but I am definitely not surprised that there are women commentators and never once mentioned my surprise, IMO women commentators just dont do it for me.
I have switched off MOTD due to twats like Wright and every time Hazel Irvine appears on the box I have to turn her off, one of the few women commentators I can actually watch is Clare Balding.
As for the comment on dinosaur, no, I dont think so, I just dont enjoy listening to most women sport commentators.

There's a difference between female presenters and commentators though - programme anchors are far more traditional, so Hazel Irvine for instance has been doing snooker for years and is completely natural at it. Gabby Logan to a certain extent too.

Female commentators are roped onto Match of the Day only rarely though so it's a bit more jarring to hear. Always sounds like they are trying a bit too hard and the terminology can be a bit off. Same goes for Bianca Westwood on Soccer Saturday, though the ones on Sportsound are OK.

Male commentators can be and are just as annoying, but usually in a more loud, smart-arsed know-it-all way. PEARCE.

HFCdeb
29-01-2017, 09:07 AM
I dislike TV commentary, in general. They all literally just state what you've just seen with your own eyes and then ramble off irrelevant chat about teams that aren't playing.

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 10:33 AM

As for Carragher on sky sports. That guy should come with subtitles. The most annoying accent in the whole of the UK.

Nutmegged
29-01-2017, 11:32 AM
As for Carragher on sky sports. That guy should come with subtitles. The most annoying accent in the whole of the UK.

calm down lad

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 11:40 AM
calm down lad

Aw rite

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2017, 12:08 PM

The Liverpool accent is one of the best in the UK .... so deh soft lad :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Millwaw now muggin' off Watford and giving them a slap ..... pretty crap game though, Ayr v Morton was much better last night :greengrin

--------
29-01-2017, 02:45 PM
I would welcome being able to get rid of football commentary generally - I find it distracting to have someone telling me what I'm seeing when I've been watching football live and on TV for over 50 years. Pressing the mute doesn't work - you lose the natural noise of the crowd.

So football commentators aren't among my favourite TV people.

But I heard the lady in question and as far as I could hear she was by far one of the better voices on MotD last night - as someone said, miles better than Motson squawking rubbish at the top of his voice like a duck with a hernia.

Gabby Logan doing the intro and chair as well last night - she's excellent - way better than the diddy who usually does MotD2. He's started infesting the cricket on Sky now as well. Pain in the tonsils so he is.

heretoday
29-01-2017, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;4923374]I would welcome being able to get rid of football commentary generally - I find it distracting to have someone telling me what I'm seeing when I've been watching football live and on TV for over 50 years. Pressing the mute doesn't work - you lose the natural noise of the crowd.

So football commentators aren't among my favourite TV people. QUOTE

I try to get a foreign football stream so I can't understand the commentary but get the crowd atmosphere. Doesn't work on the radio though!

Eyrie
29-01-2017, 07:15 PM
I try to get a foreign football stream so I can't understand the commentary but get the crowd atmosphere. Doesn't work on the radio though!

Alba is good for that. Even better for rugby as you can concentrate on the referee's microphone.