PDA

View Full Version : Morton

Callum_62
28-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Are they now the ones we need to watch?

Some form the are in

Shrekko
28-01-2017, 08:54 PM
We don't need to watch anyone tbh- not when we're so far ahead.

lugz
28-01-2017, 08:57 PM
just let the rest fight between themselves. We're easily the best team in this league and need to continue to show it.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Even if they win their game in hand, they're no closer to us than Dundee Utd so there's no need to watch them any more closely.

They may well finish second but they won't beat us to to the title.

I agree with the second point in the OP though, they are in some run of form and their home form in particular is very impressive.

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Morton are a very good side and on great run of form.

Provided we continue to play the way we are currently playing and win the title, on current form, I'd fancy Morton over 2 legs against any of the rest.

Lago
28-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Are they now the ones we need to watch?

Some form the are in

We continue to win our games we dont have to worry about anyone.

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Don't forget they have Jim Duffy in charge. I fear for them! Seriously though as long as it doesn't affect us up top I'd be delighted to see them finish second with with someone else third and Houston's mob frozen out

MartinfaePorty
28-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Don't forget they have Jim Duffy in charge. I fear for them! Seriously though as long as it doesn't affect us up top I'd be delighted to see them finish second with with someone else third and Houston's mob frozen out

It's funny how things change. I was at the Spartans v Morton cup tie a couple of years ago where Spartans knocked them out (2-1). Some of the Morton fans were shouting 'Duffy out!', whilst some others were telling them to calm down, as they were top of the 1st Division at the time. To be fair, they should have been well out of sight at half-time in that game and sat on their 1 goal lead in the 2nd half. I'm not a great fan of revisionism, but think he maybe wasn't as bad a manager as we all thought, although he made a succession of errors at Hibs that suggested otherwise at the time.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2017, 10:15 PM
It's funny how things change. I was at the Spartans v Morton cup tie a couple of years ago where Spartans knocked them out (2-1). Some of the Morton fans were shouting 'Duffy out!', whilst some others were telling them to calm down, as they were top of the 1st Division at the time. To be fair, they should have been well out of sight at half-time in that game and sat on their 1 goal lead in the 2nd half. I'm not a great fan of revisionism, but think he maybe wasn't as bad a manager as we all thought, although he made a succession of errors at Hibs that suggested otherwise at the time.

He was also only 37 years old when he took over as Hibs manager. It's highly likely that he will have learned a thing or two in the 20 years since that has improved him as a manager.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-01-2017, 10:16 PM
We shouldn't really have to worry about either of them. I do think this Hibs team and management have the grit and determination about them that will go on and win this league.

Morton do have the momentum at the moment to finish 2nd though.

heretoday
28-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Duffy made a mess of the Hibs job but he's a real football man. I hope they finish second behind us.

brianmc
28-01-2017, 10:33 PM
I think it would be more accurate to say Morton are who united need to worry about.

edwards
28-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Dundee Utd are due to play them over the next couple of weeks lets hope we can concentrate on winning games and open up the gap between us

Big L
28-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Their home form has been terrific, I think you have to go back to last March since they were beat there. The mighty sevco won't get it all their own way in the cup either.

Scottie
28-01-2017, 11:02 PM
He was also only 37 years old when he took over as Hibs manager. It's highly likely that he will have learned a thing or two in the 20 years since that has improved him as a manager.
:agree: Good luck to Jim the Hibs job was to quick for him in his early management career. Doing a great job with limited resources at Morton.

theonlywayisup
28-01-2017, 11:27 PM
If I was a betting man, I would put money on Morton beating The Rangers.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2017, 11:50 PM

I wouldn't.

Maybe if it had been at Cappielow but not at Ibrox.

Celtic's the only team to beat them in a league match at Ibrox for nearly two years.

Captain Trips
29-01-2017, 12:26 AM
We need only worry about ourselves.

tamig
29-01-2017, 12:35 AM

I think they will give the hun a very tough game. Hopefully it will be enough to win the tie.

silverhibee
29-01-2017, 01:13 AM
Nothing for us to worry about, we have this in the bag, let Morton Arabs & the bairns fight over play off spots.

Callum_62
18-03-2017, 07:33 PM
still got nothing to worry about? :hmmm::worried:

Albanian Hibs
18-03-2017, 07:34 PM

Nope

emerald green
18-03-2017, 07:44 PM
If Hibs lose to Falkirk next week (when was Hibs last win at home in the league?) and Morton win at home versus Dunfermline, then Morton are only 4 points behind Hibs with a game in hand.

Falkirk would also only be 4 points behind Hibs having played a game more.

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2017, 10:49 PM
If Hibs lose to Falkirk next week (when was Hibs last win at home in the league?) and Morton win at home versus Dunfermline, then Morton are only 4 points behind Hibs with a game in hand.

By the same token when was our last defeat at home??? Extremely negative outlook mate but ur all over all the threads 2nite with these negative vibes. We've lost once at home all season...yes I agree far too many draws but no need to be this negative

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cammy1969
18-03-2017, 10:59 PM

This true but by the same logic if we beat Falkirk them Morton we'd be almost over the line. Only lost 3 in 28 so don't understand why people think we'll lose 3 in next 8. Even by today's poor performance we had 18 shots on goal law of averages say we will convert 1or 2 so would need to concede 3 can't see that happening often imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
18-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Morton are last man standing of the pretenders.
We need to beat them in our home game to get them of our tail.

Hibby Bairn
18-03-2017, 11:18 PM
When I started watching Hibs 5-0 v Morton was a normal score.

Jpdhfc
19-03-2017, 10:23 AM
We don't need to watch anyone tbh- not when we're so far ahead.
Win there game in hand and they are four points behind and still to play each other twice not that far ahead

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2017, 11:05 AM
The way the fixtures go mean their game in hand could (hopefully be inconsequential) as we play them twice before that game in hand...4 pts minimum from the 2 meetings with them should be enough to ensure they won't catch us imo. Even winning the next 2 games should hopefully be enough to see us home. But a major improvement on yesterday required that's for sure

emerald green
19-03-2017, 11:20 AM
By the same token when was our last defeat at home??? Extremely negative outlook mate but ur all over all the threads 2nite with these negative vibes. We've lost once at home all season...yes I agree far too many draws but no need to be this negative

It's just my honest opinions FWIW. I'm not trying to be deliberately "negative", but I don't think being dishonest does any good at all. That first half performance was terrible yesterday, and it was the latest of several. If I'm being "negative", then so is Neil Lennon if you heard what he had to say after the game.

I'm just concerned that there is the possibility that Hibs might chuck it away, and that would be disastrous for Hibs as a club and for the supporters. Hopefully that will not happen. Believe me, when Hibs win I'm just as happy and "positive" as the next supporter.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter a jot what I post on this forum, whether it's "negative" or "positive". It's what the team does on the pitch that matters.

PS: I just noticed your post #13 on the "Not good enough" thread concerning James Keatings...

Davy Mac
19-03-2017, 11:29 AM
When I started watching Hibs 5-0 v Morton was a normal score.

Until a fella called Ritchie came along, remember him scoring a fair few at ER!

number9dream
19-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Morton deserve enormous credit for the season they are having. Duffy had to rebuild his squad over the summer. I don't think they had any forwards on their books apart from a raw Quitongo - and they lost him to injury just when he was starting to look the part.
They are working on a shoestring budget but Duff has got them well organised, with a lot of quick young players and they could teach us a thing or two from set-pieces.
Beat them at Easter Road and I'll be breathing easier...

Largshibby
19-03-2017, 03:29 PM

Watched Morton v QoS recently and they were garbage. Won 1 nil with a deflected goal off Jamie Hamill (enjoyed that) but they will defo raise their game against us. They have a guy on loan from Celtic, Nesbitt I think, who is good and will take a bit of watching. Efe will be able to deal with him. Its a bit ironic but I've heard from a few Morton fans that their Directors are nervous at the prospect of going up. The ground needs a lot of investment and they're concerned they could come straight back down again and have a millstone around their necks. The fans would still be happy but they don't have enough (about 1300+ diehards).

Dashing Bob S
20-03-2017, 02:13 AM
Had a great season, the club and Duffy deserve enormous credit. That said, the reaction of a couple of GMFC supporters I know reminds me a lot of Dundee United fans when they were on that great run. They feel the team is playing with confidence, but not really setting the heather on fire and getting away with it a bit. They've flown under the radar a little so far, but hopefully now that they're in the spotlight the added pressure might tell on them.

I'd like to see them get second place and come up through the play-offs.

Edinburgher
20-03-2017, 03:14 AM
Perhaps Morton would be more a worry if they were sitting top and we needed to beat them and win our game in hand to win the league as we have struggled to break teams down. However, Hibs are at their best when other teams don`t sit in and come out to play attacking football - for this reason I believe we will put Morton to bed and get automatic promotion. :agree:

WellingtonHibby
20-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Morton are a very good side and on great run of form.

Provided we continue to play the way we are currently playing and win the title, on current form, I'd fancy Morton over 2 legs against any of the rest.

Bayern Munich are a very good side. Morton are not

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2017, 06:02 AM

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkWe've lost 4 times at home in all comps (twice as many as last season) and came very close on a few occasions. Our home form has been dreadful in comparison to last season.

hulk
20-03-2017, 06:52 AM
We've lost 4 times at home in all comps (twice as many as last season) and came very close on a few occasions. Our home form has been dreadful in comparison to last season.
I can only recall Ayr in league and QoS in league cup - that's two. League record is w6, D6 lost 1. Too many draws but apart from Dunfermline we were on top for all of them.

Hibby Bairn
20-03-2017, 07:52 AM
I can only recall Ayr in league and QoS in league cup - that's two. League record is w6, D6 lost 1. Too many draws but apart from Dunfermline we were on top for all of them.

St Mirren and Brondby.