PDA

View Full Version : Hibs set play for the goal

AndyB_70
28-01-2017, 06:11 PM
So we get the corner. QoS leave no one up front so Lewis then heads towards the halfway line as he normally does when we get a corner. This time is was different as Super John McGinn went with him. I pointed this out to my brother with a "Where the f*** is McGinn going?" As the corner is about to be taken the Hibs players at the edge of the box make their runs across the goal heading to the front post area. McGinn had also turned around and was making an arcing run into the space left at the edge of the box on the right. Caught it well and with the aid of a deflection and we had scored. I'm not sure we would get away with that move again but well worked goal.
:flag::flag::flag::greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Anyone remember any other great set plays that ended up in a goal?

SuperAllyMcleod
28-01-2017, 06:19 PM
I remember a couple of corners last May - can't be beaten - what's my prize?

AndyB_70
28-01-2017, 07:04 PM
I remember a couple of corners last May - can't be beaten - what's my prize?

A year with the Scottish Cup

erin go bragh
28-01-2017, 07:14 PM
So we get the corner. QoS leave no one up front so Lewis then heads towards the halfway line as he normally does when we get a corner. This time is was different as Super John McGinn went with him. I pointed this out to my brother with a "Where the f*** is McGinn going?" As the corner is about to be taken the Hibs players at the edge of the box make their runs across the goal heading to the front post area. McGinn had also turned around and was making an arcing run into the space left at the edge of the box on the right. Caught it well and with the aid of a deflection and we had scored. I'm not sure we would get away with that move again but well worked goal.

"Henderson to deliverrrrrrrr .

kaimendhibs
28-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Mikey stewart volley against Aberdeen from a corner

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 07:42 PM

Joe Mcbride jnr at the wonga dome. One of the finest free kicks I had ever seen.

andy1875
28-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Russell corner to big Franck who rocketed one to the back of the net on the volley. Cant remember who it was against. Beautiful bit of play from two legends.

Nameless
28-01-2017, 07:58 PM
McGinns corner, stramash in the box, Hanlon lashing home the loose ball. The third best corner I saw that season.

AndyB_70
28-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Russell corner to big Franck who rocketed one to the back of the net on the volley. Cant remember who it was against. Beautiful bit of play from two legends.

I think that was Falkirk......or Dunfermline 😀

andy1875
28-01-2017, 08:09 PM

I recall Beckham and Scholes scored an almost identical goal around the same time. They must have been watching Hibs highlights for tips on set pieces :greengrin

ozwoody
28-01-2017, 09:03 PM

Gordon Hunter ending the losing run against at tynie in front of hibs fans

Eyrie
28-01-2017, 09:21 PM

Falkirk rings a bell.

Think they also tried it a couple of games later, but the opponents had done their home work and had someone disrupt it.

hibees 7062
28-01-2017, 10:32 PM

Morton

AndyB_70
28-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Morton

You are correct. I'm losing my memory. It's an age thing :)

AndyB_70
28-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Watch them all run to the front post leaving the space for super.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/442071502471897?view=permalink&id=1394891760523195

hibees 7062
28-01-2017, 10:51 PM
You are correct. I'm losing my memory. It's an age thing :)

I thought it was St Johnstone till I watched this again https://youtu.be/vXhJr7ZytUw

H18 SFR
28-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Watch them all run to the front post leaving the space for super.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/442071502471897?view=permalink&id=1394891760523195

What group is that in on Facebook? The link won't work for me.

hibees 7062
28-01-2017, 10:53 PM
What group is that in on Facebook? The link won't work for me.

Hibspaige

H18 SFR
28-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Hibspaige

Hibs official?

hibees 7062
28-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Hibs official?

No it's called Hibspaige

H18 SFR
28-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Thank you

WestEndHibee
29-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Game against killie. We got a couple of free kicks and lined 2 men as a "wall" right in front of the ball. They split as soon as the kicker ran and we scored twice I think. Gary Caldwell may have got one.

gillythehibby
29-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Joe Mcbride jnr at the wonga dome. One of the finest free kicks I had ever seen.

This. I was behind the goals that night. That goal caused running battles in gorgie road after the game 😀🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

stantonhibby
29-01-2017, 08:42 AM

Indeed.....Was late in the game as well.

horseflesh
29-01-2017, 09:11 AM

That was a thing of beauty, possibly a late equaliser?

green with envy
29-01-2017, 09:16 AM
I remember Gordon Hunter of all people scoring one of the best volleys straight from a corner that i've had the pleasure to witness, it was against St Mirren at ER. From memory i'm sure we were 3-1 down and went on to win 4-3 with said goal being the winner.

Fergos
29-01-2017, 09:20 AM
That was a thing of beauty, possibly a late equaliser?

Aye a cracker of a goal.

From memory he scored with 2 free kicks in the last 10 minutes to pull us back to 2-2?

GGTTH

oldbutdim
29-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Aye a cracker of a goal.

From memory he scored with 2 free kicks in the last 10 minutes to pull us back to 2-2?

GGTTH

Correct.
Many Hibs fans had trooped out dejectedly but luckily I was a stubborn bugger even then and stayed to witness these goals.
Utter bedlam at the second.

AndyB_70
29-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Aye a cracker of a goal.

GGTTH

I was 13 or 14 at the time and me and my mate Paul had left at 2-0 thinking it was all over. We got on a bus back to Leith straight away feeling all sad. Got into the house and my dad asked if we enjoyed the last 5 minutes. He then showed us the score on I think Ceefax. Happy to have got the 2 goals but gutted to have missed 2 Super Joe freekicks.

Fergos
29-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Correct.
Many Hibs fans had trooped out dejectedly but luckily I was a stubborn bugger even then and stayed to witness these goals.
Utter bedlam at the second.

Me and my auld man stayed on too. I'd have been about 13/14 myself then.

i recall the mass celebration and heading out the ground with Hibees Hibess ringing around the streets of Gorgie.

Immense, only pity is we drew and didn't turn them over !

GGTTH

PatHead
29-01-2017, 12:02 PM
I was at that game as well. Hearts scored in the first minute. Then again right on half time. Joe's 2 goals were very late on. Used to drink in the Scotty in those days. The owner John was a jambo. Got in late, nipped to the loo just before half time, then left with 10 minutes to go. Missed all 4 goals. He wouldn't believe me when I told him about joe's 2 goals.

RCNG
29-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Stephen Glass chip over the wall to Deek against The Pars.

AndyB_70
29-01-2017, 12:18 PM
McGinn appears from nowhere :greengrin:greengrin
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1545