PDA

View Full Version : Players ratings v QOTS

erin go bragh
28-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Any chance of any posters at the game sharing their views .
Brilliant 3pts .

SChibs
28-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Laidlaw- 8
Gray - 6
Mcgregor- 8
Fontaine- 7
Stevenson- 7
Fyvie-8
Mcginn-7
Shinnie-6
Keatings-7
Cummings-6
Holt-6

H18 SFR
28-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Laidlaw- 9 (Man of the match, yes for that one save!)
Gray - 7
Mcgregor- 7
Fontaine- 7
Stevenson- 7
Fyvie-8
Mcginn-8
Shinnie-7
Keatings-8
Cummings-6
Holt-6

kaimendhibs
28-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Agree with most ratings but 6 for

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
28-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Agree with most ratings but 6 for

I agree.

was pretty average

kaimendhibs
28-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Sorry, messed that up. 6 for Gray very harsh. Defended well, made some great tackles and nearly scored if not for great save by Murdoch

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Laidlaw - 8 - Brilliant save just after our goal. Really impressive once again

Gray - 7 - Solid performance, Carmichael didn't get past him once.
McGregor - 7 - Few slack passes on the dodgy park but defensively very good.
Fonts - 7 - Same as McGregor
Lewis - 7 - Some nice play down the left, usual solid play defensively.

Fyvie - 8 - Brilliant, made Rankin look like the diddy that he is.
McGinn - 8 - Super.
Shinnie - 7 - Really good performance, lost the ball a few times needlessly but the pitch wasn't helping.
Keats - 7 - Good, always looking to make things happen, some great deliveries.

Cummings - 6 - Difficult day for Jace but he worked hard
Holt - 6 - Decent enough, held it up well when he had to. Abuse he gets is ****ing pathetic, hang yer heads.

Subs

N/A, none of them really had anything to do. Some clever runs from Boyle.

BoomtownHibees
28-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Sorry, messed that up. 6 for Gray very harsh. Defended well, made some great tackles and nearly scored if not for great save by Murdoch

*Robinson

CMurdoch
28-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Laidlaw- Well done again. Nice and safe, no spills
Gray - Defended well
McGregor- An impossible man to get past
Fontaine- Cleared his lines well
Stevenson- Defended well
Fyvie - Neat, tidy, balanced. A quality footballer
McGinn - See Fyvie
Shinnie - Worked hard
Keatings- Delivered for the goal
Cummings - Struggled to control the ball. would have preferred Boyle on the fast artificial surface
Holt - Fought hard but made some rotten decisions. Defends set pieces well but will he ever score again?

In a nutshell, easily best team but struggled to make good quality chances BUT job done.
Sums up the vast majority of league matches in the last 18 months.

Shrekko
28-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Gray was excellent today and Laidlaw is giving us what we didn't get last season - he makes big saves at key times.

McGregor (unusually) and Fontaine gave us a few hairy moments trying to pass the ball but were good defensively as was Lewis.

Thought the midfielders were all good with McGinn the best.

Holt needs to play upfront instead of everywhere but, and Jason worked hard without much service - or the kind he likes.

Golden Bear
28-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Laidlaw - 8 - Brilliant save just after our goal. Really impressive once again

Gray - 7 - Solid performance, Carmichael didn't get past him once.
McGregor - 7 - Few slack passes on the dodgy park but defensively very good.
Fonts - 7 - Same as McGregor
Lewis - 7 - Some nice play down the left, usual solid play defensively.

Fyvie - 8 - Brilliant, make Rankin look like the diddy that he is.
McGinn - 8 - Super.
Shinnie - 7 - Really good performance, lost the ball a few times needlessly but the pitch wasn't helping.
Keats - 7 - Good, always looking to make things happen, some great deliveries.

Cummings - 6 - Difficult day for Jace but he worked hard
Holt - 6 - Decent enough, held it up well when he had to. Abuse he gets is ****ing pathetic, hang yer heads.

Subs

N/A, none of them really had anything to do. Some clever runs from Boyle.

I think your ratings are spot on.

marjoriebanks
28-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Not arguing with the various marks but a dour and uninspiring performance. The defence coped well but up against Dobbie on his own was not too hard. Midfield best part of the team, Fyvie, McGinn and Shinnie had good games, Keatings is class and his delivery from free kicks was superb. The two up top were poor. Cummings offers so little out with the box and watching his runs he does not pull defenders away enough. Grant Holt expended a lot of energy disputing decisions and some unnecessary fouling on his part, Laidlaw apart from one save which was top class was not troubled but you need to be good to carry that off and his distribution and organisation was good. The referee who I think is one of the best in this country was a bit to involved as a lot of niggly fouls saw him being overly fussy. Last but not least the pitch 0/10 football suffers on this surface and I have still to see appropriate game on a plastic pitch. Good result especially given the result in Dunfermline

Hiber-nation
28-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Laidlaw, McGregor, Fontaine, Fyvie and McGinn all very good. The rest pretty decent apart from the front 2 who struggled.

First time I've been down there since the Cup game in 2007 (?). Pitch looked good but was awful, the ball was taking all sorts of strange bounces.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2017, 07:44 PM
The performance in the first half wasn't great but we were no worse than Queen of the South. In the second half we really turned on the pressure and deserved to win on the second half showing alone.

AndyB_70
28-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Agree with most of the ratings but because of his first half mistakes Darren only gets a 6.

fife hfc
28-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Not the greatest performance but after the goal we could have scored another couple,but never really under any threat as we coped with QOS well. Best players were Laidlaw who looks very assured and good save with their only attempt. Gray who defended well and our midfield two of Fyvie and McGinn who we missed badly when they were out. The defence wAs solid but McGregor and Fontaine both had dodgy passes early on that could have been punished.

Laidlaw 7
Gray 7
Stevenson 7
Fontaine 7
McGregor 7
Fyvie 8
McGinn 8
Keatings 7
Shinnie 7
Holt 6
Cummings 6

We controlled the game but never really threatened the first half but after the goal we should have scored more. A good win against a team who will cause United and Morton problems.