PDA

View Full Version : I did say we'd end up skooshing it...

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 04:00 PM
So, the gaps been extended once again and now sits at 8. I firmly believe it'll be in double figures within the next few weeks. People got all twitchy when we went through that period of a few draws, however many still remained unmoved - we have far too much of a squad for this league.

I don't care how arrogant this thread is and I don't care that we're still in January - THIS CHAMPIONSHIPS GETTING SKOOSHED!

Smug faced firmly installed and it feels good. 😏

Lago
28-01-2017, 04:54 PM
We haven't skoooshed anything yet.

HibsNutter
28-01-2017, 04:57 PM
As did I, reckon the gap will get bigger still.

IlDiavola
28-01-2017, 04:57 PM
So, the gaps been extended once again and now sits at 8. I firmly believe it'll be in double figures within the next few weeks. People got all twitchy when we went through that period of a few draws, however many still remained unmoved - we have far too much of a squad for this league.

I don't care how arrogant this thread is and I don't care that we're still in January - THIS CHAMPIONSHIPS GETTING SKOOSHED!

:aok: We will win this league by at least a dozen points.

Thecat23
28-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Same, we will absolutely piss his league because Utd are utter *****, Morton could well finish 2nd.

lord bunberry
28-01-2017, 05:03 PM
I thought we'd skoosh it as well, but I became seriously worried after Utd pegged us back.

JohnM1875
28-01-2017, 05:06 PM
I said at the start we'd win at a canter. Then my hoop completely went when Utd went ahead. Confident again now though! But I'll start ****ting it again if they start closing the gap. Standard.

Col2
28-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Not yet but it's looking good.

Have we got the best defensive record in the UK or even wider?

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 05:11 PM

Far be it for me to piss on your parade, but if there is one thing that can cost us the title it's complacency.

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 05:12 PM
I thought we'd skoosh it as well, but I became seriously worried after Utd pegged us back.

Wasn't United who pegged us back...It was the dicks who impersonate refs in this country

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Not yet but it's looking good.

Have we got the best defensive record in the UK or even wider?

Best in UK. We have conceded 3 less than Celtic.

lord bunberry
Wasn't United who pegged us back...It was the dicks who impersonate refs in this country

That's true

pacoluna
Never doubted it

Pete
28-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Just give us the flag now.

And the Scottish Cup.

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Ok, glad to see not the majority jumping on the overly cautious, scared and a bit timed to be too bold at this stage, platform.

I'm all for a bit of arrogance and swagger and as a previous poster has said, United are just so so pish!!

We might even have a wee draw to come here and there but mark my words, we'll comfortably wrap this league up by double figures.

Can't wait to be back in the Premier League next season! 👍

WeeRussell
28-01-2017, 05:17 PM

It wasn't solely down to refs by any means. We've played some very dodgy games and are "skooshing" this league because of how poor it is. I also thought we'd win the league comfortably but I have to say I thought it would have been more owing to how well we were playing rather than how poor everyone else is.

Regardless, we're getting the job done.

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2017, 05:17 PM
I had a good kip, is it May already?

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Far be it for me to piss on your parade, but if there is one thing that can cost us the title it's complacency.

Confidence isn't complacency.

The Captain....
28-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Before the season I reckoned we'd win it by around 10 points. I still think that wont be far off..we're not skooshing the league, imo at least...we're having to work very hard away from home with some fantastic defensive performances where we limit teams to very few chances. It trivialises the teams effort to suggest its all too easy (although I realise its mostly tongue in cheek).

Regardless its all largely irrelevant as long as we win the thing and get back to where we belong.

Keith_M
Best in UK. We have conceded 3 less than Celtic.

I don't want to be a misery or anything but we're not playing against the same teams as Celtc, so I don't think it compares.

I've been keeping reserved but I think the time has come California-Hibs so . . .

Can I join Team skoosh? :greengrin

Heedersnvolleys
28-01-2017, 05:21 PM

NL just said on the radio he does not think we have a big enough squad.

Stevie Reid
28-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Still a long way to go so not taking anything for granted, but I remember saying to people after our defeat at Tannadice that I was surprised at how poor they were, and thought they looked nothing like potential champions.

Was obviously concerning to fall behind them a few weeks ago, but our response has been excellent. Ironically McKinnon suggested that we might go to pieces after that defeat at Tannadice...

Moody Blues
28-01-2017, 05:22 PM
This ! I really don't think we should be talking about skooshing anything at the moment. Still a bit to go so lets give the others a bit respect and hope we can keep our good form up to get us over the finishing line.

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't want to be a misery or anything but we're not playing against the same teams as Celtc, so I don't think it compares.

Agreed 100%. Just confirming that we have best defensive record across UK leagues.

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 05:28 PM

This.

Rick Rude
After 22 games last year I think we were a few points better off than we are now... we then won 2 of our next 10 games. Think I've watched Hibs too long to be confident of anything.

Jack Hackett

Well he's got 76.5 hours to get it sorted, so he'd better get his finger out :greengrin

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 05:29 PM
I've been keeping reserved but I think the time has come California-Hibs so . . .

Can I join Team skoosh? :greengrin

Aye go on then, you're in, welcome aboard! 👍

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 05:30 PM

Read the opening post, arrogance and confidence are 2 completely different things.

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 05:30 PM

I meant too much of a squad as in terms of a ridiculous amount of quality for this league.

Heisenberg
28-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Dundee United will definitely sign a couple of players before the window closes. It's not over, we simply have to build on the lead we've built ourselves. Next few weeks is crucial, could go into our next meeting with them in great shape.

lord bunberry

It doesn't, but it's still a record we currently hold and should be proud off

Walter
Let's just concentrate on the next match rather than talk about sloshing anything. It's only 2 wins and a draw difference.

GreenCastle
I had a feeling a thread like this would be here when I logged on !

Slowly the number of games remaining are running out..still log way to go.. lots of points to play for.

14 games left - 42 points available

We are 8 ahead plus better goal difference which really makes it nearly 9 points ahead.

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Read the opening post, arrogance and confidence are 2 completely different things.

What the supporters think/say, and what the team does, are also two completely different things. Do you really think that what is said on here will influence the final table?

lord bunberry
Dundee United will definitely sign a couple of players before the window closes. It's not over, we simply have to build on the lead we've built ourselves. Next few weeks is crucial, could go into our next meeting with them in great shape.

They better be good players as they haven't won in 8 games.

Aye go on then, you're in, welcome aboard! 👍

:greengrin:thumbsup:

:flag:

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Our recent results are a mark of a Championship winning team -

Falkirk away - win
Dundee United home - win
Dumbarton away - win
Queen Of The South away - win

It's won guys. Deal with it!! (See even if things come back to bite you when being overly confident in life...who the F cares?! Who are you that worried to 'save face' from?)...,NAH, not for me.

Derbies next season again! 👍😀

hibsitis
28-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Just give us the flag now.

And the Scottish Cup.

😁

28-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Let's just concentrate on the next match rather than talk about sloshing anything. It's only 2 wins and a draw difference.

Plus a hugely superior goal difference. I get what your saying and yes its still early but I can't see us letting them close the gap again, they'll continue to drop more points than us.

Same situation as us and rangers last year, we closed the gap on them before christmas then went and lost to them at ibrox and from their they kicked on .

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 05:41 PM
What the supporters think/say, and what the team does, are also two completely different things. Do you really think that what is said on here will influence the final table?

WTF.
I'm not commenting on the team.
IMO we (as fans) should leave arrogance to the Ugly Sisters.

GreenCastle
28-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Draws kill teams - hopefully others keep taking points off them.

What's good about right now is confidence is high and we seem to be grinding out results.

We are unbeaten now in 8 games which is a nice run. Something we didn't do at the start of the season.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2017, 05:51 PM

We have the best defensive record. That's a statistical fact.

No one's saying we have the best defenders or the best defence.

California-Hibs
28-01-2017, 05:52 PM
WTF.

No thanks.

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 05:55 PM
WTF.

OK...I'll go and find a rock to hide under in case any arrogance or confidence I feel, upsets the fans of other clubs enough to make their teams try harder against us. Wouldn't want a winning team mentality to upset the applecart :aok:

wookie70
28-01-2017, 05:56 PM
We are 3 pts worse off than we were last year in a worse league. That Scottish Cup Winning Team lost 5 on the spin soon after beating Hearts in the Cup. The good news is that even though we are not as good, neither is the opposition so we have a decent cushion. I hope the OP is right but it is way too early to be saying we have skooshed it as Utd have already clawed back and overcame a similar gap this year.

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 05:59 PM
We have the best defensive record. That's a statistical fact.

No one's saying we have the best defenders or the best defence.

We do in this league...by a country mile

Sincerely hope that doesn't come across as arrogant. Wouldn't want to upset anyone :wink:

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 06:00 PM
OK...I'll go and find a rock to hide under in case any arrogance or confidence I feel, upsets the fans of other clubs enough to make their teams try harder against us. Wouldn't want a winning team mentality to upset the applecart :aok:

No need to find a rock, but a dictionary might help.
As I've already said, confidence is fine, arrogance is another thing altogether.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2017, 06:01 PM
We are 3 pts worse off than we were last year in a worse league. That Scottish Cup Winning Team lost 5 on the spin soon after beating Hearts in the Cup. The good news is that even though we are not as good, neither is the opposition so we have a decent cushion. I hope the OP is right but it is way too early to be saying we have skooshed it as Utd have already clawed back and overcame a similar gap this year.

That's a sobering post.

5 losses on the trot . . .

Nowt's won yet. Thankfully, I'm sure that Neil Lennon knows that too.

wookie70
28-01-2017, 06:06 PM
That's a sobering post.

5 losses on the trot . . .

Nowt's won yet. Thankfully, I'm sure that Neil Lennon knows that too.

That will teach me to post on memory. It was 4 on the trot then a draw then another loss. 1pt from 6 games.

hfc rd
28-01-2017, 06:07 PM
I had the feeling right from the start of the season that we were going to win this league. Utd look very poor. Even though they were top for like 3 days, I really didn't take any notice of them as just had full belief that our strength and quality will shine right through.

It's obviously not over until it is mathematically impossible to be overtaken but I feel we are on the right path and should have the league wrapped up with a few games to spare.

GGTTH
NLGAWA

Hibbyradge
28-01-2017, 06:11 PM
That will teach me to post on memory. It was 4 on the trot then a draw then another loss. 1pt from 6 games.

That's even worse.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-01-2017, 06:11 PM
It's a decent lead and I'm delighted, but much bigger advantages have been lost by teams in the past. Unlike the top league where Celtic are out of sight it's far from over, we need to remain focused & keep going. For some people being proved correct about "skooshing" the league seems more important than our club actually returning to a position of respectability in what is a pish poor top league.

greenlex
28-01-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm confident. Third best defence in Europe and have played a handful or so more games more than the two above us.🇳🇬

Northernhibee
28-01-2017, 06:15 PM
I could see Dundee United being in this league for longer than we've been.

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 06:21 PM
No need to find a rock, but a dictionary might help.
As I've already said, confidence is fine, arrogance is another thing altogether.

If the OP had used the word 'confident' in his post instead of 'arrogant', would we be having this discussion? As far as I can tell, apart from the use of that word, it wasn't actually arrogant.

Oh!...and my command of the language is such that I don't particularly require a dictionary. Thanks for the advice though

Northernhibee
28-01-2017, 06:29 PM
The pressure is almost off us now, it's all on Dundee United. If we drop points, no biggie - we're still at least five ahead. If Dundee United drop points then they're ten or eleven behind and that's huge.

Waxy
28-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Its looking really good now but i'll not be celebrating till its done. Play utd for the last time on march 10th. Hopefully we'll be double figure points ahead after that.

Golden Bear
28-01-2017, 06:37 PM
United's next 4 fixtures are :-

Home to Raith
Away to Falkirk
Away to Queen of the South
Home to Morton.

I can't see them picking up maximum points from these games

bingo70
28-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Home to Raith
Away to Falkirk
Away to Queen of the South
Home to Morton.

Never mind the next 4 games, for Utd or Morton to catch us I reckon they'd need to go not far off the rest of the season without dropping points.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm confident. Third best defence in Europe

😂

GreenLake
28-01-2017, 07:10 PM
It's the NHL All-Star party in LA tonight but I will be skooshing drinks down in celebration of a Hibs league victory. It's in the bag.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Never mind the next 4 games, for Utd or Morton to catch us I reckon they'd need to go not far off the rest of the season without dropping points.

For Dundee Utd (or Morton for that matter) to have any chance of winning the title from here, I reckon we will realistically need to lose about 6 of our last 14 matches.

Considering we've only lost 2 of our opening 22 matches, I cannot see any way that we will be beaten to the title.

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 07:42 PM
If the OP had used the word 'confident' in his post instead of 'arrogant', would we be having this discussion? As far as I can tell, apart from the use of that word, it wasn't actually arrogant.

Oh!...and my command of the language is such that I don't particularly require a dictionary. Thanks for the advice though

Your command of the language is such that you still can't accept that there is a difference between arrogant and confident.

You're now making me sound arrogant :wink:

GreenLake
28-01-2017, 08:24 PM

I think there are a few on hibs.net who believe that what we write influences events on the pitch in a Uri Geller kind of way.

GreenLake
28-01-2017, 08:32 PM
I think there are a few on hibs.net who believe that what we write influences events on the pitch in a Uri Geller kind of way.

"spoon benders"

johncrobertson@
28-01-2017, 08:44 PM
We have 8 games at home and 6 away to go! Still need to focus but we are in a great position!

Hibbyradge
28-01-2017, 08:50 PM

Some folk are superstitious, that's for sure, but some folk just don't want egg on their face should it go wrong.

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2017, 09:05 PM
I'll be a skoosher when we're 12 points ahead with 3 to play.

hibs0666
28-01-2017, 09:52 PM

The league will be won before that.

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2017, 10:02 PM
The league will be won before that.

Hope you're right but I'll hold off on the celebrations for now.

Tyler Durden
28-01-2017, 10:04 PM

You're right. But it does give us a beautiful Sunday to look forward to, being 8 points clear.

PatHead
28-01-2017, 10:05 PM
I have said all along we would win the league by a large margin.

Not being arrogant, just confident. Sure the manager and players think the same. Much easier if you believe you will win before the kick off.

The opposition know that as well, it gives Hibs a big edge.

Tyler Durden
28-01-2017, 10:08 PM

4 on the trot then a draw, then a win. 4 points from 6 games.

You've missed out the win at home vs Livingston when Boyle scored that screamer

wookie70
28-01-2017, 10:52 PM
4 on the trot then a draw, then a win. 4 points from 6 games.

You've missed out the win at home vs Livingston when Boyle scored that screamer
You're right enough. The Boyle game is for some reason not on the Wiki for that year. We also lost the next game so 4 points in 7 games.

Deeds
28-01-2017, 11:37 PM
We just need to to what we're doing for a wee while longer...then take that hunger/desire into the challenge next year... I hate complacency and I want us going for everyone's throat next year 'including Celtic' ....

silverhibee
29-01-2017, 12:17 AM
I'm confident. Third best defence in Europe and have played a handful or so more games more than the two above us.🇳🇬

Told you this film would have a good ending. :greengrin

GreenLake
29-01-2017, 03:39 AM

Lol

I am listening to Snoopdog rapping at the All Star party on the LALive Event Deck.

I am sure I heard him rap Hearts were a load of ***** and Hibs won the Scottish Cup, but I have downed a few.

Well done Hibs!!!! Champions

Unseen work
29-01-2017, 04:22 AM
I want us to win at as soon as possible so we can then introduce guys like Crane, Martin, shaw and porteous and any other young player on the fringes into the first team in a relaxed environment where they are able to express themselves.

That way we will be able to asses where they're are at quality wise at that level

Phil MaGlass
29-01-2017, 04:50 AM

I was the same, but I seriously doubt we will squander this lead now.

greenlex
29-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Told you this film would have a good ending. :greengrin
You did. We are just about at the tickly bit

GreenLake
29-01-2017, 06:04 AM
Just had a big session from Blink 182. Perhaps I am a bit old for them but they sounded brilliant.

We left shortly after and walked past a guy loading a baby into a limo. I said "that looks like Jeff Carter" and he didn't look. Then we walked on and I had a glance back and he looked and smiled. Probably hadn't heard a Scottish Kings fan yet and it gave me the opportunity to say "you are a legend". No way am I barging into a guy with a baby for a selfie, although I might make an exception for SJM out of sheer awe.

Sproule Three
30-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Our recent results are a mark of a Championship winning team -

Falkirk away - win
Dundee United home - win
Dumbarton away - win
Queen Of The South away - win

It's won guys. Deal with it!! (See even if things come back to bite you when being overly confident in life...who the F cares?! Who are you that worried to 'save face' from?)...,NAH, not for me.

Derbies next season again! 👍😀

Maybe no derbies if Cathro continues his Terry Butcheresque influence. :wink:
Don't entirely share your 100% belief. Lots of focus -maybe too much on the upcoming cup derby.
All the cup distractions (admittedly on 2 fronts) cost us plenty league points last season .
I'll wait till we're 10 points clear with 3 games to go before I declare its guaranteed.

GreenCastle
30-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Can someone post the number of points in previous seasons that have been achieved to win this league ?

Mikey09
30-01-2017, 10:00 AM

Sorry. Played, coached and watched Fitba far too long to start shouting my mouth off about "Skooshing leagues" at this stage of the season. A lot of tough games to negotiate before we can start celebrating. One game at a time springs to mind...

steakbake
30-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Still way way way too early. 14 games left.

15/16 Rangers: 80 points
14/15 Hearts: 91 points
13/14 Dundee: 69 points
12/13 Partick: 78 points
11/12 County: 79 points
10/11 Dunfermline: 70 points
09/10 Caley: 73 points
08/09 Saints: 65 points
07/08 Hamilton: 76 points

hibbysam
30-01-2017, 10:10 AM

Surely you should be looking at the second place totals rather than 1st? If a team wins the league by 20 points, then they didn't need to get 90 points to win the league.

wookie70
30-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Can someone post the number of points in previous seasons that have been achieved to win this league ?

Last year second was 70 points so 71 would have won it
The year before we were second with 70 points so again 71 would have won it.

13/14 season second was 67 so 68 required to win it
12/13 season second was 67 so 68 required to win it
11/12 season second was 55 so 56 required to win it
10/11 season second was 60 so 61 required to win it

steakbake
30-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Surely you should be looking at the second place totals rather than 1st? If a team wins the league by 20 points, then they didn't need to get 90 points to win the league.

Do you know how long it took me to look up that information to help a fellow Hibby?

makaveli1875
30-01-2017, 10:17 AM
united are being carried by 1 man this season and if he goes off the boil or gets injured they are going to struggle big time

Alex Trager
30-01-2017, 10:19 AM

Home to Raith W
Away to Falkirk L
Away to Queen of the South L
Home to Morton. D

I'll go with...

Thats how i see it.
4 out of 12 for me

calumhibee1
30-01-2017, 10:36 AM
I've also said all along that we would piss all over this league and now that we've got it in the bag I'd like to repeat that sentiment. By the time we mathematically win the league we'll be at least 15 clear. That may shorten by the end of the season once we've got it wrapped up and start resting players for our defence of the SC but were going to stroll it from here on in.

Bristolhibby
30-01-2017, 11:10 AM

For completeness the last time we got promoted in 1999 we won the league with 89 points, a massive 23 points ahead of Falkirk in 2nd.

J