PDA

View Full Version : Where does 21st May rank for you?

Northernhibee
27-01-2017, 07:43 PM
I've just combined wine and the Time for Heroes DVD :greengrin

Quick poll to see where 21st of May ranks for you. I've not become a dad yet which I can imagine would be the only thing to eclipse that day, so I'd say best day of my life. I'd give anything to be able to relive the last ten minutes of that game.

22nd of May is a close second, waking up with a sore throat, sore head and no voice left to tearily watch all the highlights all over again :greengrin

27-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Oh it was awful. Was so disgusted at Hallidays goal that i left and locked myself away, another hampden humiliation. What is this "time for heroes" you speak of?

Nah just kidding, it was ok I suppose :greengrin

Northernhibee
27-01-2017, 07:59 PM
I think the sweetest thing about that day is how long it took to sink in. You had the shock and euphoria of the day itself, the parade the day after and the excuse to watch all the highlights the day after and generally seeing the ripple of positivity that the day created - bigger attendances, getting in a high profile manager, the Time for Heroes DVD - even with ups and downs this season it's a joyous, joyous time to be a Hibs fan.

My old man had been in hospital for a few weeks before the game and couldn't attend but was let out four days before the final. I ensured that there was Bovril in the cupboard and a pie for my mum to cook for him for HT, got a train home straight after and the look on his face after weeks of seeing him as ill as I've ever seen him when I walked through the front door will live with me forever. Amazing, amazing day. He was at home watching it on the TV and he still ranks it right up there as the best days of his life!

Pretty Boy
27-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Best weekend of my life. I daresay something may come along to beat it but for now it's top.

hibby6270
27-01-2017, 08:25 PM
The OPs right. Kids and grandkids being born takes a lot of beating in the "best day of my life" category. But I'll tell you what, 21st May 2016 is the only day that has ever come close. A kind of dead heat photo finish but the kids being born wins by 100th of a second - if that makes sense? I'm sure it will to some.:greengrin

lord bunberry
27-01-2017, 08:44 PM
The day my daughter was born was without doubt the most significant day in my life, but hibs winning the cup was the best day of my life, the day after it comes a very close second. The joy I felt as the cup came down Leith walk was tremendous and to be standing there with friends and family in the sun that day is something that will live with me forever.

lugz
27-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Best day of my life.

I had nine months to prepare for the birth of my daughter, I had no way prepared in my head that I'd see us win the cup never mind in the fashion we did.

marinello59
27-01-2017, 08:51 PM
We're a Hibs family and have all agreed that the cup final win trumps everything. To be honest it was a bit like an AA meeting as we all admitted that it really was the greatest day in our lives. :greengrin

Baader
27-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Kids being born heathily would have to come first but then it's 21st May.

Like the OP says, I'd give anything to relive the last minutes again. Just all too fleeting. When we equalised I knew we were going to win it. I said to my Dad "now's the time" as there was an overwhelming feeling it was going to be our day at last.

Northernhibee
27-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Kids being born heathily would have to come first but then it's 21st May.

Like the OP says, I'd give anything to relive the last minutes again. Just all too fleeting. When we equalised I knew we were going to win it. I said to my Dad "now's the time" as there was an overwhelming feeling it was going to be our day at last.

I didn't expect it at all. I thought Sevco would score an 88th, 89th minute goal and it'd be the same old story. I lost the flight of the ball from Hendo's corner. The first I know of Sir David Gray's header was the ball popping into the back of the net. Then euphoria, then a horrific dread that there was still two minutes to go.

Then relief, ecstasy, euphoria - everything.

northstandhibby
27-01-2017, 09:03 PM
I was at the Skol Cup final and when arrived home on supporters bus the 91/92 Skol cup night took some beating when the team bus with the cup came along princes street the night of the game and approached the old GPO where a mass had gathered and singing 'Always look on the bright side of life' as we had been through some dark days and then rushing down to ER where the cup was paraded. Was younger then and ended up celebrating until the wee hours in pubs around top of Leith with my hibs supporting buddies. It was without a doubt my greatest ever night as a lifelong hibs fan.

However some 25 years later I had the best day of my lifelong supporting the hibs as we had all but given up ever seeing our team lift the Scottish cup. I will never forget that football match as it had absolutely everything we could have dreamed of with taking the lead in the first few minutes then going behind and of course the last ten minutes with equalising and a winner in injury time to seal it from SDG. It was just the best match I have ever been to. And to cap it off we beat the Yams and the Huns to win it. I celebrated with a fish supper and several malt whisky's into the early hours but at home and had a fabulous day out when the cup was paraded.

91/92 Skol Cup best night ever being a hi bee.

2016 Scottish Cup best day ever.

Glory Glory

Topographic Hibby
27-01-2017, 09:12 PM
I'm married, two kids, one grandson and another grandchild on the way. If I vote on this thread, none of them will talk to me again. Ever.

Even the unborn one......

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Best moments/day/weekend of my life.

Trying to explain that "feeling" to non hibs fans is so difficult I just tell them to trust me on it.

Knew at 70 mins rangers were done. Their season ended 3 weeks prior and it showed. We never gave up. I didn't expect it to unfold how it did mind you. Relief at the equaliser. Euphoria at the winner. Shaking and feeling physically sick for the final 2 minutes then pandemonium at the full time whistle. SOL. Glory Glory. Journey back to leith. Hugging and singing songs with random fans on easter road with a carry out.

I was at the game with my mates so didn't see my family till the Sunday. Walking in to see them and giving a massive cuddle and "we done it" was amazing then up to the parade. The scenes at the links. Pubs and leith for the rest of the day. No voice and running on adrenaline by Monday

Am away to watch time for heroes again

sleeping giant
27-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Obviously apart from the birth of my kids it was without doubt the best day of my life. Such emotion.
That feeling could never be repeated no matter how many times we win it.

lucky
27-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Love my daughter and her achievements in life have made me very proud but winning that cup celebrating with my pals then having a day out in Leith with my daughter on Sunday will be very hard to beat as weekends go.

GordonHFC
27-01-2017, 09:36 PM
My daughter got married in 2016 and still thinks that 21st May was the best day of the year.

TheReg!
27-01-2017, 09:42 PM
First goal caught me out, went mental
Equalising goal caught me out as i thought we had blown it, went mental
Winning goal in the 92nd minute, went mental, had a breakdown and went mental again
Final whistle, went mental, had a greet and enjoyed the warm fuzzy feeling of pride and joy (like i had with the birth of my boy)
Best night out in the town in a long time, went mental
Was it the best day ever, you f##k##g bet your life it was:flag:

David_D
27-01-2017, 09:46 PM
My son was born on the Wednesday before the final. So may 21st was second best day of my life.

Onceinawhile
27-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Married with three kids.

Best day of my life.

The only thing close to the emotion I felt when the header hit the back of the net was my first son's birth.

But the rollercoaster of emotions leading up to that and the entire ending of 114 years and knowing my son doesn't need to worry about it was better than that.

Also, I was far drunker the next day.

surreyhibbie
27-01-2017, 09:58 PM
The whole weekend is the best of my life. Nothing can come close.

Still feeling chilled about football in general and to be honest I couldn't give. A flying one about the maroon morons.

Not even worried about the Derby to be honest. Couldn't care less what they do, they are irrelevant apart from giving us something to laugh at.

That's all. :thumbsup:

HoboHarry
27-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Only thing that can compete with the cup final was the time I slept with Diane Lane. Well if it hadn't been a dream it would have done. I'm sure of it...... :greengrin

Mr White
27-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Up there with my wedding day and the birth of my 2 kids. Not quite as significant in the grand scheme of things obviously but not a kick in the arse off tbh.

When the ball hit the net in the 92nd minute, all the disappointing results I've witnessed following hibs seemed to make sense for a brief moment... then they became irrelevant. An absolutely exquisite, beautiful moment shared with 22000 other people all experiencing the same thing. Priceless.

surreyhibbie
27-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Only thing that can compete with the cup final was the time I slept with Diane Lane. Well if it hadn't been a dream it would have done. I'm sure of it...... :greengrin

You too?

She said you were crap...:greengrin

monktonharp
I knew I would cry, with absolute happiness the day my club won that cup. Nevertheless I was not prepared for the manner in which it happened. I was so overcome to be there next to one of my sons. I hoped the other one had been with us too but it was special, I'm greetin' now at the thought of it !!

Bishop Hibee
There are two periods in history. Before Cup - BC and After David (Gray) AD.

lord bunberry
27-01-2017, 10:02 PM
There are two periods in history. Before Cup - BC and After David (Gray) AD.
Very clever :top marks

monktonharp
27-01-2017, 10:02 PM
There are two periods in history. Before Cup - BC and After David (Gray) AD.:aok: very biblical, and a sea change at the same time:wink:

HoboHarry
27-01-2017, 10:04 PM
You too?

She said you were crap...:greengrin
You mean she is a liar as well as having loose morals? My heart is broken....... sorrow, sorrow.......

marinello59
27-01-2017, 10:07 PM
My son was born on the Wednesday before the final. So may 21st was second best day of my life.

You might change your mind when he becomes a teenager. :greengrin

hibbydog
27-01-2017, 10:12 PM
I think the sweetest thing about that day is how long it took to sink in. You had the shock and euphoria of the day itself, the parade the day after and the excuse to watch all the highlights the day after and generally seeing the ripple of positivity that the day created - bigger attendances, getting in a high profile manager, the Time for Heroes DVD - even with ups and downs this season it's a joyous, joyous time to be a Hibs fan.

My old man had been in hospital for a few weeks before the game and couldn't attend but was let out four days before the final. I ensured that there was Bovril in the cupboard and a pie for my mum to cook for him for HT, got a train home straight after and the look on his face after weeks of seeing him as ill as I've ever seen him when I walked through the front door will live with me forever. Amazing, amazing day. He was at home watching it on the TV and he still ranks it right up there as the best days of his life!

That is tremendous pal

frazeHFC
27-01-2017, 10:47 PM
4.45pm Saturday just before Gray headed it in to the Wednesday morning around 3am was the best run of days of my life and its quite depressing that I'll never relive it.

Albanian Hibs
27-01-2017, 11:08 PM
I have 2 kids which I love more than anything and I am proud to be their Mummy, but 21st May was the best day of my life. The emotion from that day still continues to this day and probably will for the rest of my life. That cannot be beaten.

SirDavidsNapper
27-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Surreal. Still hasn't sunk in I don't think. I shed tears between Grays goal and the final whistle and soaked everything up after but I'm still waiting for it to sink in. I went out to celebrate after but was so drained I sacked it early. Still can't quite believe we won the Scottish Cup

stoneyburn hibs
27-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Seats: Brother, Me.Son, Brother. In football terms nothing will come close. Still no 100% it happened. Unadulterated Joy.

1875STEVE
27-01-2017, 11:32 PM
I had a weird weekend.

Ive always told the missus, never book a holiday on SC Final, she never did until..........

So 6am on 21st May, I'm towing a caravan down to England.

Dropped her, the bairn and her family off, turned straight back round, made Hampden with 20 mins to spare.

Seen Hibs win the cup, me, my dad (who I was more happy for), my brother and nephew (his wee face after so many recent hampden heartaches) pretty much all in tears. When the realisation kicked in that we were minutes from winning it, I just burst out greeting.

After the game, I had to head straight back to England, missed the night, the parade the next day, was a bit gutted, but seeing them lift the trophy was the most important thing.

Haven holiday park knew about it though, got pished, singing hibs songs, and the place was heaving with sevconians. :greengrin

Had my hibs top on next day, Celic supporters kept shaking my hand, sevconians growling at me.

I had hibs flags flying from the caravan :flag::flag:, and even had some Jambos opposite, the couldn't look me in the eye. :aok::greengrin

cleanyman
27-01-2017, 11:36 PM
It took me months for it to settle in...that we'd finally won the thing.

I'm a young man but my memories are incredibly fuzzy of that day....and I don't drink!

Davy Mac
27-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Funny thing about the Cup Final is that I was suffering from a heavy cold and had lost my voice.

So i spent the whole game miming along including sunshine on leith at the end, strange but true.

However, the many finals that I have attended but not semis as some have been shameful:

1979 Rankers v Hibs (Karma with 3-2 27 years later, but sadly the next 27 years have been by and large torturous for us Hibbies)
1985 Aberdeen v Hibs (Over so quickly due to Eric Black, shattering)
1991 Dunfy v Hibs (Sorry Gemma, my niece's christening that i decided to head of early to the game and have been never forgiven) - sheery joy & ectasy - fxxx the Hertz/Mercer
1993/94 Rankers v Hibs (McCoist overhead kick - ffs, but we believed for a short time)
2001 Sellick v Hibs - Inevetible gubbing but heyho
2004 Livingston v Hibs (In the bOg when i heard a cheer and thought 'get in there' to be absolutely gobsmacked - oh ffs)
2007 Killie v Hibs - Unbelievable day, Jones header to Murph, Benji, Broonie, Whittie - Gubbed Killie in the final good and proper/Stewart still made an erse of himself when he walked out on the ER pitch
2012 FTH - Don't hate them , just despise the fact they think they are above paying their dues and why oh why the go on about this 'big team' shxte - wee willie syndrome IMO and dishonourable club of the highest order
2013 Sellick - Hibs - Inevitable pish, usual battering
2016 Ross County v Hibs - ok with it now, we battered them but don't believe we would have won the SC if we had a won the LC, warm up for the eye on the prize
2016 HIBS v Gers - It's been worth the journey and still sticks in the Jambos craw every day since, they will not admit it but they hate it. Cool with all things Hibs now. GGTTH and FTH, always in our shadow.

Still greet at all the fans videos, songs, pitch invasion, Stubbsy, kinda feels a lifetime ago but as i said worth the wait - the money spent means **** all, it's the investment of time and mileage. LOVE HIBS & LOVE 21 MAY 2016

Sir David Gray
28-01-2017, 12:02 AM
It was the best day of my life, the only thing that could ever beat it would be witnessing the birth of my child (and that hasn't happened yet).

The events of 21.05.16 fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams and something I had been praying for each year, ever since I was a wee boy and I was able to understand what winning the Scottish Cup meant to the club.

glenberviehibee
28-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Best day ever and don't think winning it again could be the same.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Deeply persona experience shared with thousands :)
Harley surprising that through this single act it united everyine
Euphoria is up there with the birth of our first. Our wedding was an extended day of joy and happiness.

The distinction I'd draw is these other events weee not covered from every angle and replying the moments is there at the press of a button and it transports you back to relive that emotion. Never know so many triggers result in tears. Hugely moving.

MSK
28-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Watched it again last night, for the 3rd time, what I failed to notice when at the game, due to my combined nerves, alcohol, adrenalin fuelled haze was a hell of a lot of classy football from hibs, Stokes in particular.

I will have to watch it again because, due to the above, Im honestly struggling to see big Conrad make a save, surely he made a couple of saves & I perhaps blinked & missed them 😄

CRAZYHIBBY
28-01-2017, 09:01 AM
I did absolutely nothing that i thought i would do (if that makes sense)....the shock and relief was so much that i pretty much sat dumb struck all night....loved the parade though

Heisenberg
28-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Watched it again last night, for the 3rd time, what I failed to notice when at the game, due to my combined nerves, alcohol, adrenalin fuelled haze was a hell of a lot of classy football from hibs, Stokes in particular.

I will have to watch it again because, due to the above, Im honestly struggling to see big Conrad make a save, surely he made a couple of saves & I perhaps blinked & missed them 😄

I was recently sat bored at work when I found my way onto the BBC match report for the game, I didn't realise how much we utterly dominated them until seeing the stats. We had something mad like 27 shots on goal with more than 10 on target while they scored with their only two shots on target. They had more possession but that was it. We turned up for once at Hampden and actually dominated a game.

In terms of what it meant to me? I'm only 24 so it's by far the best day of my life.

MSK
28-01-2017, 09:25 AM
I was recently sat bored at work when I found my way onto the BBC match report for the game, I didn't realise how much we utterly dominated them until seeing the stats. We had something mad like 27 shots on goal with more than 10 on target while they scored with their only two shots on target. They had more possession but that was it. We turned up for once at Hampden and actually dominated a game.

In terms of what it meant to me? I'm only 24 so it's by far the best day of my life.Tell you what though, I bet you Tavernier had a few sleepless nights after the game, Stokes absolutley owned him during the 90+ ninutes 😆

hibbysam
28-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Tell you what though, I bet you Tavernier had a few sleepless nights after the game, Stokes absolutley owned him during the 90+ ninutes 😆

Rumour has it he is still dizzy to this day from all the twisting and turning stokes done to him! And it shows when watching him now as he is still being made a fool of every week.

hibee_girl
28-01-2017, 11:51 AM
I have a child but can barely remember the day he was born due to needing an emergency op so 21st May is without a doubt the best day of my life.

Like others have said you know you're going to have a child, you've got 9 months to get your head around it, we only had a few minutes to realise we could actually win the cup :greengrin

To be there with my Grandad that day was truly special, neither of us ever thought it would be something we'd witness together.

Sas_The_Hibby
28-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Best football day of my life BUT only once the final whistle went and I could actually relax! :greengrin

The Saturday evening, drinking outside on Leith Walk with family, was THE best football atmosphere I've ever encountered.

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Best day of my life. Even the nature of the game was perfect. Jambos go on about their cup win against us but if I could have chosen any team to win it against in the final it would have been sevco. The manner of it just made it even sweeter.

Keith_M
28-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Why isn't there a 'meh, it's about time we moved on' option?

I mean seriously, it was good, but let's stop looking back and start looking forward.

We support a club that have massively underachieved for decades and I'd like to see us try to concentrate on achieving our potential and be in a place where winning a trophy roughly every 20 years just isn't good enough.

St Johnstone and Inverness have both won the Scottish Cup in the last few years and we (should) have so much more potential than either of those clubs.

Oscar T Grouch
28-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Nothing even comes close to the 21st May for me. Quite simply the best day and weekend of my life. The communal feeling of relief and elation at Hampden to the shear delight and excitement of the Sunday seeing the team on the open top bus. Meeting good friends at the final before during and after the match, listening to the first rendition of "We've no won the big cup since quarter to five" to the strangely subdued bus journey back to Edinburgh (think the bus was in shock :greengrin) , Jumping on a 25 back to Leith and being stuck on Leith Walk because of hoards of pished Hibbies were in the middle of the street. All of it came together perfectly for me, there was nothing bad about it.

The. Perfect. Day. :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2017, 02:28 PM
I don't have kids apart from one surviving stepson so I cant draw comparisons with the birth of a child ... I have been married twice though.

But without a doubt if I was allowed to relive one weekend out of my 56 years it would be that one .... simply the best two days I've ever had :greengrin

makaveli1875
28-01-2017, 02:58 PM
i spent my whole life wondering what that day would be like and if it would ever happen . easily the best day/weekend of my life , its going to take some beating

barcahibs
28-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Best day of my life - but like others I don't think it really sank in til quite a long time afterwards.

It's an almost indescribable feeling. From the moment we equalised we had them. They were clinging on for extra time but we had them. A team from Ibrox, playing in blue (I know they're not rangers but it's close enough) and they were running scared.

We were the side that wanted it more, we were the only team going to score again in 90 minutes - but there was that deep down fear, that this is Hibs, in a Scottish cup final... surely we couldn't throw it all away.

Roaring the team on for those last few minutes. There's a lot of talk on here about drums and songs and ultras and and choir masters, but I don't remember a single song from those last few minutes - and yet it was the best atmosphere I've ever felt in my life. the tension, the hope, the fear, the expectation all building in the pit of your stomach and alive in the voices of everyone around you. For me that's a real football atmosphere, and it was incredible.

And then the corner. Henderson delivers. And time literally stopped.

I wish I knew a physicist, or maybe a proper psychologist, but something strange happened in that moment between Gray connecting with the ball and it hitting the back of the net.

Time stood still.

I vividly remember, every movement of the ball, of Gray, of fotheringham. I had time to think "that's in!". I had time to look about me, to turn to my dad with his hands over his mouth and grab him. I had time to watch - and catch - the guy in the row in front of me as he leaped about 6 feet backwards. I saw my nephew going laldy, my mate greeting his eyes out, his faither standing in shocked disbelief, my brother nearly killing himself as he fell into the row in front. I had time to think about my mum watchng at home, and a few others who were maybe watching from above. I even had time to think about and grab my programme so it didn't get crushed before getting framed!

All as the ball was still settling.

How did I have time for all that? You watch it on the DVD and it's gone in a fraction of a second - Henderson delivers and a split second later a team of heroes are born.

But I saw it all unfold, you'll never convince me I didn't.

I don't remember the final whistle and tbh I regret what happened after, but that moment - that full minute in my head - as the ball hit the net will live with me forever.

I'm not sure when it really all sank in. Not at the final whistle, not when the cup was held aloft. Not when we went back to Easter Road afterwards, or the next day when we met friends by the Sherlock Holmes statue, and then walked down through the crowds in Leith. That still all felt surreal.

A week or so later we went to the Eastern Cemetry to look for Dan McMichael's grave and I think it was starting to feel real by then. Walking through the cemetry and seeing the number of gravestones with Hibs flags or scarves draped over them. The feeling that this moment was resonating back and forth through time, the thought of all those who came before me who never got to see it happen. And the thought that I wouldn't be one of them, and that I'd shared the experience with those nearest and dearest to me.

I know it's only football, I know there are more important things in life. But at that moment I couldn't think of many.

Paisley Hibby
28-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Best day of my life - but like others I don't think it really sank in til quite a long time afterwards.

It's an almost indescribable feeling. From the moment we equalised we had them. They were clinging on for extra time but we had them. A team from Ibrox, playing in blue (I know they're not rangers but it's close enough) and they were running scared.

We were the side that wanted it more, we were the only team going to score again in 90 minutes - but there was that deep down fear, that this is Hibs, in a Scottish cup final... surely we couldn't throw it all away.

Roaring the team on for those last few minutes. There's a lot of talk on here about drums and songs and ultras and and choir masters, but I don't remember a single song from those last few minutes - and yet it was the best atmosphere I've ever felt in my life. the tension, the hope, the fear, the expectation all building in the pit of your stomach and alive in the voices of everyone around you. For me that's a real football atmosphere, and it was incredible.

I wish I knew a physicist, or maybe a proper psychologist, but something strange happened in that moment between Gray connecting with the ball and it hitting the back of the net.

Time stood still.

I vividly remember, every movement of the ball, of Gray, of fotheringham. I had time to think "that's in!". I had time to look about me, to turn to my dad with his hands over his mouth and grab him. I had time to watch - and catch - the guy in the row in front of me as he leaped about 6 feet backwards. I saw my nephew going laldy, my mate greeting his eyes out, his faither standing in shocked disbelief, my brother nearly killing himself as he fell into the row in front. I had time to think about my mum watchng at home, and a few others who were maybe watching from above. I even had time to think about and grab my programme so it didn't get crushed before getting framed!

How did I have time for all that? You watch it on the DVD and it's gone in a fraction of a second - Henderson delivers and a split second later a team of heroes are born.

I don't remember the final whistle and tbh I regret what happened after, but that moment - that full minute in my head - as the ball hit the net will live with me forever.

I'm not sure when it really all sank in. Not at the final whistle, not when the cup was held aloft. Not when we went back to Easter Road afterwards, or the next day when we met friends by the Sherlock Holmes statue, and then walked down through the crowds in Leith. That still all felt surreal.

A week or so later we went to the Eastern Cemetry to look for Dan McMichael's grave and I think it was starting to feel real by then. Walking through the cemetry and seeing the number of gravestones with Hibs flags or scarves draped over them. The feeling that this moment was resonating back and forth through time, the thought of all those who came before me who never got to see it happen. And the thought that I wouldn't be one of them, and that I'd shared the experience with those nearest and dearest to me.

I know it's only football, I know there are more important things in life. But at that moment I couldn't think of many.
Aw man, that's me tearing up again.....

Great post.

HoboHarry
28-01-2017, 03:47 PM

I mean seriously, it was good, but let's stop looking back and start looking forward.

We support a club that have massively underachieved for decades and I'd like to see us try to concentrate on achieving our potential and be in a place where winning a trophy roughly every 20 years just isn't good enough.

St Johnstone and Inverness have both won the Scottish Cup in the last few years and we (should) have so much more potential than either of those clubs.
Ya miserable git.You becoming the stereotypical dour German after all your years there? :greengrin

Eyrie
28-01-2017, 04:19 PM

LTYF! :greengrin

PS: I'm the one vote for "Decent".

allezsauzee
28-01-2017, 04:21 PM
The remainder of my life is proving to be an anti climax after that day

weecounty hibby
28-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Two wives, three kids but only one Scottish cup win. Best day of my life!!! Although I do agree that we should be looking to build on it and use it as the launch pad for further success and move on. We rally should have more of these weekends

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Two wives, three kids but only one Scottish cup win. Best day of my life!!! Although I do agree that we should be looking to build on it and use it as the launch pad for further success and move on. We rally should have more of these weekends

Cool, we even have a polygamist Hibee in our ranks.

Keith_M
28-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Ya miserable git.You becoming the stereotypical dour German after all your years there? :greengrin

I much prefer 'German Efficiency' over 'Romantic Daydreaming'

:wink:

weecounty hibby
28-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Cool, we even have a polygamist Hibee in our ranks.
Thankfully I managed to get rid of one of them😃

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Thankfully I managed to get rid of one of them😃

Haha, perish the thought of more than one wife at a time.

weecounty hibby
28-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Haha, perish the thought of more than one wife at a time.
I've tried to shake of the second one too but she is a bit more persistent. She Perseveres if you like

hibby6270
28-01-2017, 09:30 PM
If they're not already, some of these stories have to be added to the Sticky Thread - Your Scottish Cup Story. Some folks on the forum might not read your emotive words on this thread. If it's on a Stcky, it'll be there forever and for all to see.

So,
GreenNWhiteArmy
Northernhibee
1875STEVE
Davy Mac
Barcahibs

Please copy your messages over to the Sticky Thread.:thumbsup:

SuperAllyMcleod
28-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Thankfully I managed to get rid of one of them[emoji2]

What did you do with the body? That's always the stumbling block [emoji3]

HoboHarry
28-01-2017, 11:01 PM
What did you do with the body? That's always the stumbling block [emoji3]
Billy Connolly had a good solution way back - look for it on you tube - had the added benefit of providing a parking place for a bicycle too.....

:greengrin

#2 Double Tap
28-01-2017, 11:16 PM
guys..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE
just f#@kin awesome!

ps. if having a kid or marryin your ugly wife was better than that, you need your f#@kin head checked. hahaha.

monktonharp
29-01-2017, 12:41 AM

St Johnstone and Inverness have both won the Scottish Cup in the last few years and we (should) have so much more potential than either of those clubs.time for bed methinks:wink:

Deeds
29-01-2017, 12:48 AM
I love my 2 boys and my wife with all my heart... it there was no better feeling when the ref blew for full time on the 21st..

FranckSuzy
29-01-2017, 01:26 AM

Time stood still.

8 months later and this has set me off again! :boo hoo::top marks

snooky
29-01-2017, 01:50 AM

That's rather Laim, Keekaboo :wink:

monktonharp
29-01-2017, 01:50 AM
there will be no Peenjin' from me if we don't even get near the final this year. I gret an ocean, on the day we won it, but would be spiffingly good to get to the QF's at least :wink: on a serious note though, and this more for the younger fans:- we will win this cup in the next 5 years or so, of that I am convinced. the 114 wont ever happen again

Kaff
29-01-2017, 02:33 AM
I love my 2 boys and my wife with all my heart... it there was no better feeling when the ref blew for full time on the 21st..

I thought my heart was going to burst between SDG's header and what felt like the hour it took for the final whistle but with my 10 yr old daughter and wife in tears and the general mayhem I think my fondest moment was the victorious hug with the woman next to me who I think was on her own, we spoke briefly through the game but with a 6 yr old climbing everywhere we never got into conversation. I know she was among friends at the end!
I will say well played to the young group in front of us who, when we scored the winner, went mental but grabbed my son and had him 'crowd surfing' above them, what a memory to have and I thank the lads and lasses in D4 that day.
We couldn't get to the parade and that will be a major, but unavoidable, regret as it looked unbelievable.

buktapurple79
29-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Married with two bairns and it was the best day of my life - still enjoying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
29-01-2017, 10:31 AM
I've two kids too - don't understand why anyone could say having kids is better than the Cup win.

No comparison. The giving birth stuff was just noisy and messy as I remember it.

Cup win was just noisy, although it got very very messy later.

Actually there is a comparison after all.

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Married with two bairns and it was the best day of my life - still enjoying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you told your Mrs & the bairns this😍

Speedy
29-01-2017, 10:43 AM
It's a bit of a blur (not due to booze I may add) and was surreal at the time.

For me:

Athens at home is the best for atmosphere
2-2 at Tynecastle is the best for buzz

Nutmegged
29-01-2017, 11:11 AM
the greatest day in my Hibs supporting life, nothing compares, doubt anything ever will again

I expect to see us win the Cup again but with all the setbacks we had this Century alone in that tournament, winning it and they way we did will just be an utterly unique feeling

jdships
29-01-2017, 11:30 AM

I attended my first Hibs Scottish Cup Final in 1947

1946–47 Aberdeen (1) 2–1 Hibernian Hampden Park 82,140

Age 15 and have attended all but one since ( at all League Cup Finals )
Unfortunately I was not able to attend this one ( then age 85)
I honestly never thought I would live to see them lift the cup in my lifetime .
Greatest day in my " Hibs life" and my four relatives who have worn the green and white ( two deceased) would agree !!
THANK YOU :hibees

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 11:44 AM
It's a bit of a blur (not due to booze I may add) and was surreal at the time.

For me:

Athens at home is the best for atmosphere
2-2 at Tynecastle is the best for buzz

Got to agree with AEK. The atmosphere was electric from start to finish. If only Paco had scored at the end.

Albanian Hibs
29-01-2017, 11:47 AM
I've two kids too - don't understand why anyone could say having kids is better than the Cup win.

No comparison. The giving birth stuff was just noisy and messy as I remember it.

Actually there is a comparison after all.

Exactly. Especially when my 2 were 9lbs12oz and 10lbs3.5oz 😎

MSK
29-01-2017, 11:49 AM

Actually there is a comparison after all.Aye but once you have a bit of the gas & air it relaxes you a bit, my Wife was doing a fair bit of screaming though... dont know what all the fuss was about to be honest 😄

Itsnoteasy
29-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Exactly. Especially when my 2 were 9lbs12oz and 10lbs3.5oz 😎

Bet it was never the same after the 2nd one.