PDA

View Full Version : Hearts thank Heriot-Watt for contribution to transfer target

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2017, 05:47 AM
I see that the latest Hearts target is rated as costing £175k.

Thank goodness those pesky creditors got stiffed...

Heriot Watt Sports Village Ltd £145,663

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-list-of-creditors-in-full-1-3024802

cocteautwin
27-01-2017, 07:25 AM

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-list-of-creditors-in-full-1-3024802

That debt is old and already written off. The real people they are stiffing nowadays are their own fans with their monthly direct debits that were supposed to be going towards fan ownership. These possible player purchases put the fan ownership scheme back another 6 months. Con merchants.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2017, 07:28 AM
That debt is old and already written off. The real people they are stiffing nowadays are their own fans with their monthly direct debits that were supposed to be going towards fan ownership. These possible player purchases put the fan ownership scheme back another 6 months. Con merchants.

I know. But it just goes to further illustrate the magnitude of their excesses.

Bristolhibby
27-01-2017, 08:19 AM

No, never let them forget. Legally they might be paid off, but morally they are not.

Never forget.

J

lucky
27-01-2017, 08:23 AM

Does it not show how much the yams are still piling into their club? We all know they bumped hundred of businesses and that's never going to change. If as many Hibs fans signed up to HSL we'd have more to spend on players.

Bostonhibby
27-01-2017, 08:25 AM

To be fair they were always more than supportive of pre administration yams when it came to ensuring they had as much cash available as possible by not pursuing rent diligently and not kicking them out for non payment either.

Jim44
27-01-2017, 08:30 AM

The Herriot Watt debt is water under the bridge but, never forget that, unless I am mistaken, Herriot Watt is a publicly funded University and in fact the Jambos were stealing from the public purse by not paying the rental.

horseflesh
27-01-2017, 08:31 AM
The club with no shame

Bostonhibby
27-01-2017, 08:33 AM
The Herriot Watt debt is water under the bridge but, never forget that, unless I am mistaken, Herriot Watt is a publicly funded University and in fact the Jambos were stealing from the public purse by not paying the rental.
Was likely someone else's money which might partly explain their inertia in pursuing it. As far as the yam are concerned you only have to look at some of the creditors to realise that the yam didn't care whose money was funding their ambitions.

jacomo
27-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Does it not show how much the yams are still piling into their club? We all know they bumped hundred of businesses and that's never going to change. If as many Hibs fans signed up to HSL we'd have more to spend on players.

And yet somehow HSL owns more of Hibs than the Foundation of Yams own of Hearts.

What a 'movement'.

Moody Blues
27-01-2017, 09:18 AM

Some of the ones that I know are getting fed up paying the Direct Debits now.

EskbankHibby
27-01-2017, 09:21 AM
No, never let them forget. Legally they might be paid off, but morally they are not.

Never forget.

J

Indeed J.

It smarts with their fans a bit but the fact is they were CHOOSING to pay inflated wages to players for advantage on the pitch while they were bumping, amongst may others:

The NHS
HMRC
Lady Haigs Poppy Factory (a real disgrace this one)

Uncomfortable truth but "these are the facts and they are undisputed".

Ozyhibby
27-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Some of the ones that I know are getting fed up paying the Direct Debits now.

People always say that but their contributions always hold up. £1.5m this year. It's giving them a significant advantage over us and Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2017, 09:32 AM
People always say that but their contributions always hold up. £1.5m this year. It's giving them a significant advantage over us and Aberdeen.

Given, yeah.

But will that continue now that the stand is taking precedence?

Ozyhibby
27-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Given, yeah.

But will that continue now that the stand is taking precedence?

Let's hope not and I do think their recent transfer activity is haphazard at best and likely to lead to lots of errors, so the money is not being spent well.
A sustained run of poor form will be the real test for their FoH direct debits.
We can help with that.[emoji23]

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Let's hope not and I do think their recent transfer activity is haphazard at best and likely to lead to lots of errors, so the money is not being spent well.

I did wonder if this latest signing is a "declaration of intent", to try and encourage the donors to stay onside.

et vireta
27-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Good good point
HSL is a great idea. What's not to like about helping your club ? I paid the £225 (got the certificate) but have continued paying monthly.
Here's a nice thought. Beat that mob in the cup and get an extra 1000 people joining HSL.

We as a club could really start flexing our muscles. Neil Lennon is doing his bit .Lets help the guy.

Deansy
27-01-2017, 04:24 PM

Bang-on !!. Been saying the very same for ages - since they got away with it (or came out of administration), they've enjoyed a remarkably long run of fortune - promotion at the 1st attempt, top 3 in their first season back etc - all without hitting a 'Bad patch'. However, the effects of 'Playing within your means' are now, at long last, starting to have an effect. You only need to have a quick glance at 'jambo throw-back's realise that all is not well at the PBS and the natives are getting restless.

Us beating them will pose a serious threat to their D/D's !

27-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Shameless FC

EastCalderHibby
27-01-2017, 06:27 PM

Never forget.

J

Will never let that VILE club forget what they have done . THEY 100% knew every single name / company that was on that list and couldn't
care less
THEY ARE SCOTLANDS SHAME

BullsCloseHibs
27-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Hefartz could be owe someone £500m but still come up stinking of roses. No other club, or indeed company, has had the sheer luck they've had over the decades.

The cropper is arriving though. New era, pis* poor team though 😊

Walter
27-01-2017, 06:49 PM
I wish Heriot Watt were as lenient to me with my student debt

BullsCloseHibs
27-01-2017, 06:50 PM
I wish Heriot Watt were as lenient to me with my student debt

It's a crazy arrangement they appear to have with the poppy thieves. A tenant with no money. WTF?!!

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2017, 06:52 PM
It's a crazy arrangement they appear to have with the poppy thieves. A tenant with no money. WTF?!!
Have they no money?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

hhibs
27-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Good good point
HSL is a great idea. What's not to like about helping your club ? I paid the £225 (got the certificate) but have continued paying monthly.
Here's a nice thought. Beat that mob in the cup and get an extra 1000 people joining HSL.

We as a club could really start flexing our muscles. Neil Lennon is doing his bit .Lets help the guy.

I am afraid HSL is like so many good ideas at Hibs poorly administered with awful marketing .

I and many others like you would keep paying in but once you get the certificate there appears to be no encouragement/initiative to keep you on board.

EastCalderHibby
27-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Have they no money?

WHERE is the £170k coming from for concalves ( charity's beware )

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2017, 08:17 PM
WHERE is the £170k coming from for concalves ( charity's beware )
No one on here knows the answer to that. Just as no-one on here can say that they have no money.

Bostonhibby
27-01-2017, 10:38 PM
I am afraid HSL is like so many good ideas at Hibs poorly administered with awful marketing .

I and many others like you would keep paying in but once you get the certificate there appears to be no encouragement/initiative to keep you on board.

I'm guessing you might have missed the offer to continue the contribution? Some of my family did first time around.

They're not pushing it aggressively as our very existence doesn't depend on it.

It's as simple as agreeing to continue. None of the money is diverted to any other causes and payment always translates to share ownership

lord bunberry
28-01-2017, 12:14 AM
No one on here knows the answer to that. Just as no-one on here can say that they have no money.

They obviously do have money or they wouldn't be offering money for players. I know they have absolutely no obligation to pay the debts accrued under the previous administration, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't remind them about it at every opportunity :greengrin