PDA

View Full Version : Fight,passion and skill

21sMay
26-01-2017, 10:51 PM
We face our arch rivals next month and I like most hibs fans maybe feel a tad confident going into this(always a worry) but when u look at the squads , I genuinely think we have a better side

We have fight in fyvie,Bartley,gray and Boyle to an extent. We have passion from Mgregor, Hanson and Stevenson.
We have the skill from mginn, humphreys and Dylan.

But overall we have Neil Lennon and Jason Cummings. Lennon hates hearts and thrives on these big games. Jason just loves to score against them.

Let's show them we will no longer be worried or bullied by them , we are a different side nowadays and are the main Edinburgh outfit

hfc rd
26-01-2017, 10:59 PM
We face our arch rivals next month and I like most hibs fans maybe feel a tad confident going into this(always a worry) but when u look at the squads , I genuinely think we have a better side

We have fight in fyvie,Bartley,gray and Boyle to an extent. We have passion from Mgregor, Hanson and Stevenson.

But overall we have Neil Lennon and Jason Cummings. Lennon hates hearts and thrives on these big games. Jason just loves to score against them.

Let's show them we will no longer be worried or bullied by them , we are a different side nowadays and are the main Edinburgh outfit

I agree but your last paragraph stating "Let's show them we will no longer be worried or bullied by them , we are a different side nowadays and are the main Edinburgh outfit". I think we've showed that in the past two seasons particularly in the cup games last season that we no longer feel intimidated by them. We've looked by far the better side in this fixture in recent games against this lot. That going into this fixture, we can win the battles and the game.

Jim44
26-01-2017, 11:00 PM

All very admirable and true, and I hope we do the business against them, but let's not take our eye off the ball in our main objective ......... promotion as League Champions.

snooky
26-01-2017, 11:00 PM
There will be a lot of talk and chest-thumpin' about this game before it kicks off however, I'm sure most folk are well aware that either team can win. It will be all on the day. There are no favourites in derby games as the form book goes out the window. Everybody should know that by now. I've always been one to do the shouting after the game rather than before it.

givescotlandfreedom
26-01-2017, 11:16 PM
I think we should win. We just have to want it more on the day and I think we'll go through. No sign of NL's bouncer since he took our job, will he come back for reunion at the scene of his attack?

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-01-2017, 11:19 PM
The derby is 2 weeks away.

We've got 2 important league games to worry about before it which is absolutely the bread and butter this season

We're Scottish Cup CHAMPIONS after coming back from 2 down AT TYNIE and beating them in a replay on route

When was the last time they beat us? We've **** all to "prove" in this fixture recently. They'll be favourites imo but when it comes, we've got as good a chance as they have to progress.

**** hearts

Sir David Gray
26-01-2017, 11:28 PM

We've got 2 important league games to worry about before it which is absolutely the bread and butter this season

We're Scottish Cup CHAMPIONS after coming back from 2 down AT TYNIE and beating them in a replay on route

When was the last time they beat us? We've **** all to "prove" in this fixture recently. They'll be favourites imo but when it comes, we've got as good a chance as they have to progress.

**** hearts

Indeed.

Itsnoteasy
26-01-2017, 11:35 PM

Hanson, Mgregor & Mginn 3 new signings for the Derby?

21sMay
26-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Don't get me wrong , I totally agree that promotion is the number one aim but for just one game away from league duty , this is the game we step up and put these inbreeds in their place . A lot of talk about promotion first but I just can't help the feeling that we need to focus on turning this pi*h over

Sir David Gray
26-01-2017, 11:36 PM

Never been the same since Mmmbop.

21sMay
26-01-2017, 11:38 PM

I'm pretty sure You know fine well who I mean . Unfortunately I'm not blessed with the best spelling in the world , and I hope by you pointing this out, it has made you feel superior. Get a grip of yourself and don't post if your just trying to take the piss out of fellow Hibs fans

Brightside
26-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Our rivals are Dundee Utd....everything else is just a fun side show.

Itsnoteasy
27-01-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure You know fine well who I mean . Unfortunately I'm not blessed with the best spelling in the world , and I hope by you pointing this out, it has made you feel superior. Get a grip of yourself and don't post if your just trying to take the piss out of fellow Hibs fans

Settle petal.
As for Humphreys he wisnae very good against the sparks, butchers & civil servants fi Bonnyrigg

hibees 7062
27-01-2017, 12:09 AM

This :agree:

Mr White
27-01-2017, 12:13 AM

Settle petal.
As for Humphreys he wisnae very good against the sparks, butchers & civil servants fi Bonnyrigg

:cb

mjhibby
27-01-2017, 07:23 AM

I wouldn't say the cup is a sideshow but I agree whatever happens in the cup tie at the pbs if/when we get promoted this will be seen as a good season. The cup game takes care of itself and I'm sure will be the usual derby fare. I'm quietly confident which to is never a great sign but with all the injuries clearing up and hopefully our strongest team out we must fancy getting a result. Wouldn't surprise me to see history repeat itself and it going to a money spinning replay as the caveman so fatefully said. Also commons or another signing in our ranks will make me just a wee bit more confident. They have a tough schedule and will either respond well to it or buckle under the pressure. Neil Lennon obviously fancies the tie the way he was speaking yday. He does love winning at the pbs.

JimBHibees
27-01-2017, 07:31 AM

**** hearts

Agree concentrate on our next two games, alot can happen in terms of injuries in the next 2 weeks plus a fair chance both teams will bring in new players which could change things

mjhibby
27-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Surely we've had our share of injuries for the season. Humphrey has been a vital signing as it's meant not having to rush McGinn,fyfie or McGeoch back into the side. Plus gray and Hanlon have had a wee break which will help both of them. Foster showed we have good cover at the back and Laidlaw looks very solid. Every team gets injuries and our squad will be vital in the next few weeks.

matty_f
27-01-2017, 08:31 AM
I agree but your last paragraph stating "Let's show them we will no longer be worried or bullied by them , we are a different side nowadays and are the main Edinburgh outfit". I think we've showed that in the past two seasons particularly in the cup games last season that we no longer feel intimidated by them. We've looked by far the better side in this fixture in recent games against this lot. That going into this fixture, we can win the battles and the game.

Totally agree, I'd be astonished if there were any players in that squad now that were in any way intimidated by that gang.

Salt N Sauzee
27-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Settle petal.

Slags someone else for their spelling then balls it up himself. Egg on yer face!

SRHibs
27-01-2017, 08:46 AM
The difference between this place and Kickback is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, we no doubt all hate Hearts, but the vitriol you see directed at us over there is mental. Almost a year and they're still hurting badly.

flash
27-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Settle petal.

Aye but he was good in Are You Being Served.

mjhibby
27-01-2017, 09:00 AM
The difference between this place and Kickback is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, we no doubt all hate Hearts, but the vitriol you see directed at us over there is mental. Almost a year and they're still hurting badly.

It is quite amazing the effect may 21 has had on them. Hardly a peep out of all the Jambo's I know. The biggest laugh is they say we didn't mind you winning it by they of course are bereft as they have nothing to sing about and need dubious penalties to beat raith in a replay. Marvellous just smiling at them. No need to say anything.

Brightside
27-01-2017, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't say the cup is a sideshow but I agree whatever happens in the cup tie at the pbs if/when we get promoted this will be seen as a good season. The cup game takes care of itself and I'm sure will be the usual derby fare. I'm quietly confident which to is never a great sign but with all the injuries clearing up and hopefully our strongest team out we must fancy getting a result. Wouldn't surprise me to see history repeat itself and it going to a money spinning replay as the caveman so fatefully said. Also commons or another signing in our ranks will make me just a wee bit more confident. They have a tough schedule and will either respond well to it or buckle under the pressure. Neil Lennon obviously fancies the tie the way he was speaking yday. He does love winning at the pbs.

Winning the cup last season was great. BUT we stayed down and we shouldnt have. I'd happily see us beaten at tynecastle and swap it for winning the league by 10 points.

pacoluna
27-01-2017, 10:03 AM
certainly won't lack fight and passion with NL in Charge.

pacoluna
27-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Winning the cup last season was great. BUT we stayed down and we shouldnt have. I'd happily see us beaten at tynecastle and swap it for winning the league by 10 points.
Shouldn't limit our expectations or ambitions because of previous failure, under no circumstances would I want to see us beat at tynie.

RCNG
27-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Settle petal.

Post of the year so far. Hope you feel good. :taxi

where'stheslope
27-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Always feel when we think the game is ours for the taking, we out play them in every department, but can't score?

Then they break away and score, and we are left with egg on our chin again!!!

Better with them making all the calls of bragging rights and we win the game!!!!!

27-01-2017, 04:04 PM
I think we should win. We just have to want it more on the day and I think we'll go through. No sign of NL's bouncer since he took our job, will he come back for reunion at the scene of his attack?

I imagine security personnel and police will be keeping a closer eye than normal on the dug out. Hopefully we don't see a repeat attack but you never know with those animals. Love him or hate him nobody deserves to be physically assaulted whilst simply doing their job.

Hibs have a better side but i've seen enough derbies over the years to know that the better side doesn't always win. It will be a tight game as most Edinburgh derbies are, anything can sway it, a ref decision, a simple stroke of luck (which the yams seem to alway get against us) etc. Hibs have no reason to fear them and hearts know that hibs are no longer scared going into derbies. In the past, and even last season, the yams were absolutely buzzing drawing us, telling us how it gonna be another 5-1 and all that crap. Very different now, seen a lot of them who really don't want to be playing us.

Itsnoteasy
27-01-2017, 09:34 PM

I think I am missing the point here. Is it because I forgot to add ' after the Y.
That's how the dude who started the thread spelt it. To my knowledge it is the correct spelling for Humphrey.

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 04:02 PM

If this is post of the year, yours must be post of the decade.

Just you jump in that taxi before me.

Just wondering if you spell Humfreys with an F in it?

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2017, 04:17 PM
I think I am missing the point here. Is it because I forgot to add ' after the Y.
That's how the dude who started the thread spelt it. To my knowledge it is the correct spelling for Humphrey.
Think the point is that you called him Humphreys, no?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Think the point is that you called him Humphreys, no?

Well it's like if you speak to someone about a game and he has scored. You say what did you think of Humphreys goal. Or Humphreys had a good game etc etc.

GlesgaeHibby
28-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Well it's like if you speak to someone about a game and he has scored. You say what did you think of Humphreys goal. Or Humphreys had a good game etc etc.

Humphrey had a good game OR Humphrey's had a good game, not Humphreys.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Nice try 😁 Your post said "as for Humphreys ".

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Nice try 😁 Your post said "as for Humphreys ".

Yes I know how I spelt it. That's how it was meant to roll of the tongue.

stantonhibby
28-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Yes I know how I spelt it. That's how it was meant to roll of the tongue.

I would stop digging

southsider
28-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Last 2 away games we have grind out 1-0 wins. NL influence all over.

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 05:33 PM
I would stop digging

Digging finished. From now on no S for me at end of name. Or should it be names.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Digging finished. From now on no S for me at end of name. Or should it be names.
Name's [emoji13]

wookie70
28-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Last 2 away games we have grind out 1-0 wins. NL influence all over. I'd rather his influence was winning games by 2 or more but I'll settle for any win till the end of the year. I tend to be a fan that puts entertainment before winning but this year is all about going up.