PDA

View Full Version : Worst hibs XI since 2000

26-01-2017, 01:11 PM
After having a look on the "forgotten players" thread that threw up a bunch of names of absolute humpties from the past, got me thinking what is the worst hibs XI. Only players from 2000 onwards though.

Not trying to bring start a negative thread, just a bit of fun. If anything it makes me grateful for the team we have now when you look back at the nightmares of the past lol!

Zibbi
O'Brien
Murdoch
Rowan Vine
Kujabi
De Graaf
McGivern
Zarabi

Just some of the names that would make the cut for me.

Unseen work
26-01-2017, 01:13 PM
No chance is mcgivern one of the worst, first season he was quality. Then, like many, he turned poor.

Itsnoteasy
26-01-2017, 01:14 PM
After having a look on the "forgotten players" thread that threw up a bunch of names of absolute humpties from the past, got me thinking what is the worst hibs XI. Only players from 2000 onwards though.

Not trying to bring start a negative thread, just a bit of fun. If anything it makes me grateful for the team we have now when you look back at the nightmares of the past lol!

Zibbi
O'Brien
Murdoch
Rowan Vine
Kujabi
De Graaf
McGivern
Zarabi

Where's the rest of your team.

nellio
26-01-2017, 01:20 PM
I remember being surprised by how bad Rowan Vine was. I saw him play against Cardiff for QPR and he wasn't bad at all. Then he was awful with us and I told people he probably needs to get fit but he was just terrible!!

Ozyhibby
26-01-2017, 01:22 PM
The team that took the field against Hamilton in the second leg of the play offs.
I've never seen a Hibs team perform so badly. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
26-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Malkowski

Hart O'Hanlon Martis Kujabi

Done Soares Jones O'Brien

Collins Vine

Our defence wasn't that bad the season we wen't down, it was the forward line dream team that got us relegated. There's a few more I can think of that I'd include just for a certain game alone (Soares & Kujabi are partly there because of it).

2016 Delivered
26-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Buz Smith
Kubjabi
Hong Kong Theirry
Murdoch
Martis

Aob
Earl Jean
Wiss
Thornhill

The Tank
Sowumni

26-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Where's the rest of your team.

Still deciding who makes the cut, plenty from the past to choose from!

Iain G
26-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Sowumni

Which one? :confused:

2016 Delivered
26-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Which one? :confused:

Boy Collins signed and scored in the tie before the Dunfermline debacle.

26-01-2017, 01:53 PM
No chance is mcgivern one of the worst, first season he was quality. Then, like many, he turned poor.

Perhaps not the absolute worst but still an absolutely dire player. 1st season was ok (would certainly not say quality) but he was generally a bomb scare.

steve75
26-01-2017, 01:58 PM
David Grof

Michael Hart
Daniel Boateng
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Jamie McCluskey
Patrick Noubissie
Matt Thornhill
Joe Keenan

Jake Sinclair
Shefki Kuqi

Since90+2
26-01-2017, 02:05 PM
I remember at derby at ER when McGivern played centre half and he was outstanding and MOTM.

He obviously had ability but not the dedication to match.

Hiber-nation
26-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Malkowski

Collins Vine

Our defence wasn't that bad the season we wen't down, it was the forward line dream team that got us relegated. There's a few more I can think of that I'd include just for a certain game alone (Soares & Kujabi are partly there because of it).

Surely you've got the name wrong there although I can't think who you mean.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2017, 02:08 PM
McGivern wouldn't even be close to this team.

Craig_HFC
26-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Surely you've got the name wrong there although I can't think who you mean.

I'd guess Tudor-Jones in which case he's absolutely correct.

Hiber-nation
26-01-2017, 02:32 PM

Of course....can't argue with that!

Diclonius
26-01-2017, 04:02 PM

:agree:

Couldn't get into the team that got relegated. Says it all.

keep the faith
26-01-2017, 04:14 PM
The two full backs would be the two who Duffy signed and must go down as the worst double signing in hibs history. David Elliot and Jamie mcquilken.

Diclonius
26-01-2017, 04:35 PM
McGivern wouldn't even be close to this team.

McGivern was fantastic the season we had him on loan from Man City. Remember a derby at Tynecastle (finished 0-0 I think) where he single-handedly kept Hearts at bay for parts of the game.

Then we signed him permanently, he decided he liked Edinburgh nightlife a bit too much, and became ****.

21sMay
26-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Malkowski
Zarabi
Murdock
O'Hanlon
Hart
Keenan
Chislom
Thornhill
O'Brien
Kuqi
Hurtado

Special mentions for kujabi , vine , graham smith and Freddy Daquin

Liam978
26-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Not trying to bring start a negative thread, just a bit of fun. If anything it makes me grateful for the team we have now when you look back at the nightmares of

Zibbi
O'Brien
Murdoch
Rowan Vine
Kujabi
De Graaf
McGivern
Zarabi

What the hell are we coming to when we have to start a thread on our worst players, surely it should be positivity at this stage of the season, sorry but I don't see where the "fun"comes in GGTTH.

keep the faith
26-01-2017, 04:54 PM
The two full backs would be the two who Duffy signed and must go down as the worst double signing in hibs history. David Elliot and Jamie mcquilken.

I clearly missed the "since 2000" part of this thread title......

HibsNutter
26-01-2017, 05:02 PM
What the hell are we coming to when we have to start a thread on our worst players, surely it should be positivity at this stage of the season, sorry but I don't see where the "fun"comes in GGTTH.

Because it makes us realise how lucky we are to have good players now? None of our current regulars would make it into my worst team, that's for sure.

High-On-Hibs
26-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Malkowski

Zarabi
Martis
Murdoch
Kujabi

O'Brien
Soares
Kerr
Vine

Kuqi
Konte

Subs: McNeil, Hart, O'Hanlon, Doherty, De Graff, Osbourne, Hurtado

I need to lie down.... :dead:

snooky
26-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Best player I've ever seen who had that wonderful gift of being where the ball wasn't.

Michael
26-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Malkowski

Collins Vine

Collins wasn't a great player, but he's no where close to being in the worst team since 2000.

jacomo
26-01-2017, 07:30 PM
This thread is giving me nightmares.

And Simon Brown is easily the worst keeper who ever discredited our club. At least the others tried even if they were rubbish.

Allant1981
26-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Malkowski

Zarabi
Martis
Murdoch
Kujabi

O'Brien
Soares
Kerr
Vine

Kuqi
Konte

Subs: McNeil, Hart, O'Hanlon, Doherty, De Graff, Osbourne, Hurtado

I need to lie down.... :dead:

mcneil in a worst 11, sorry but thats just rubbish, we have had a lot worse than him

HibsNutter
26-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Malkowski

Gatheussi
O'Hanlon
Murdoch
Zarabi

Vine
Keenan
Soares
O'Brien

Collins
Trakys

J-C
26-01-2017, 08:44 PM
There's a shout to add Paddy Cregg in the team

Sergey
26-01-2017, 08:54 PM
My Exhibit A - Jonatan f****n Johansson :brickwall

zlatan
26-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Tony Caig

Thierry Gattheusi
Ryan McGivern
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Owain Tudor Jones
Joe Keenan
Martin Scott

Rowan Vine
Shefki Kuqi
Jonathan Johansson

No loans (going for permanent McGivern here), but either complete guff or over the hill wastes of wages. I know McGivern was very good when first brought on but that entire relegation season, and the first goal in the play off return game against Hamilton earns him his place. Martin Scott got a 3/4 year deal and all he did was break someones jaw in training. A front three with 31 appearances between them and 0 goals.

Alan O'Brien can be the mascot.

eastmainsmsh
26-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Zibi

Docherty
Murdock
Matyus
Pa kujobi

Aob
Noubisse
Keenan
Cregg

Trakys
Hurtado

Dunbar Hibee
26-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Are people seriously including Shelton Martis? For **** sake man. This place has gone mad.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2017, 10:15 PM
I'm coming out in a cold sweat just reading some of these names, many of them I had managed to blank out of my memory until reading this thread!

bigwheel
26-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Are people seriously including Shelton Martis? For **** sake man. This place has gone mad.

That's very True - he was a decent player and compared to the likes of a Colin Murdoch he was Beckenbauer

My_Wife_Camille
26-01-2017, 10:50 PM
All of the above plus Liam Craig and Mark Oxley

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2017, 11:21 PM
All of the above plus Liam Craig and Mark Oxley Of course it would be you to bring them up :rolleyes:

There is a good reason they haven't been listed, not even close.

Itsnoteasy
27-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Tony Caig

Thierry Gattheusi
Ryan McGivern
David Stephens
Pa Kujabi

Owain Tudor Jones
Joe Keenan
Martin Scott

Rowan Vine
Shefki Kuqi
Jonathan Johansson

No loans (going for permanent McGivern here), but either complete guff or over the hill wastes of wages. I know McGivern was very good when first brought on but that entire relegation season, and the first goal in the play off return game against Hamilton earns him his place. Martin Scott got a 3/4 year deal and all he did was break someones jaw in training. A front three with 31 appearances between them and 0 goals.

Alan O'Brien can be the mascot.

You forgot the gaffer.

Keith_M
27-01-2017, 05:27 AM
Did anybody else read the thread title and think this was a totally unwarranted comment on our current side?

:-)

Frogga
27-01-2017, 06:34 AM
Zibi

Docherty

Murdock

Matyus

Pa kujobi

Aob

Noubisse

Keenan

Cregg

Trakys

Hurtado

I liked Matyus. I'm pretty sure we wanted to keep him longer but he couldn't get a new work permit.

overdrive
27-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Not sure about all the inclusions of Hong Kong Thierry. Suspect defensively but was decent going forward although with poor discipline.

Makalambay (his constant fake injuries put him ahead of Zibi)

Hart
Murdock
O'Hanlon
Zarabi

Thornhill
Keenan
OTJ
O'Brien

Vine
Hurtardo

27-01-2017, 11:17 AM

Don't take part in it then?

As I said in the OP its just a light hearted thread. It isn't slagging any of our current players or putting them down, just a look back on some of the nightmares which as I said makes us all the more grateful for the team we have now! Nobody from the last 2/3 years or so would get anywhere near a "worst hibs XI".

27-01-2017, 11:19 AM

I agree, far from the worst! He actually had a decent spell at hibs partnering Jones at centre half.

blaikie
27-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Zibi

Hart
Nelson
Ohanlon
Kujabi

O'brien
Thornhill
Chisholm
Johansson

Dalglish
Kuqi

Saint Hibee
27-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Why are people including Shefki Kuqi? Surely to be bad for us, you have to have actually played several games for us! He only ever started two games, and I have no idea how many total minutes he played, but it can't have been many.

West Upper
27-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Zibi

Hart
Stephens
Boateng
Kujabi

O'Brien
Soares
Thornhill
De Graff

Vine
Kuqi

Paloschi
27-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Zibby

Van Zanten
Boateng
Nelson
Kujabi

Tudur-Jones
Keenan

Haynes
Thorhill
Vine

Duffy

Andy74
27-01-2017, 02:29 PM
The problem with some of these is they tend to go on players people didn't really like or really didn't play enough to really judge. We've had some shockers that have had pretty long runs or really should have been nowhere near the club.

The likes of Soares, Doherty and Done were all regrettably better than we had at the time, only played probably a dozen games for us and have gone on to do okay elsewhere as well.

HFCdeb
27-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Not sure about all the inclusions of Hong Kong Thierry. Suspect defensively but was decent going forward although with poor discipline.

Hart
Murdock
O'Hanlon
Zarabi

Thornhill
Keenan
OTJ
O'Brien

Vine
Hurtardo

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen. And not just in relation to football. Ever.

skyhibs
27-01-2017, 03:40 PM
A big shout out for macalamity. Worst keeper ave set my eyes on and I knew that his first game at Stirling.., absolutely garbage

snooky
27-01-2017, 03:50 PM

Hart
Murdock
O'Hanlon
Zarabi

Thornhill
Keenan
OTJ
O'Brien

Vine
Hurtardo

Did he not throw the ball into his own net?
Either that or dropped it at the feet of an Aberdeen player.
:doh:

HoboHarry
27-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Did he not throw the ball into his own net?
Either that or dropped it at the feet of an Aberdeen player.
:doh:

Think he either threw or booted it and it rebounded back off the Aberdeen player....

Edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8tAcWp64g

27-01-2017, 04:01 PM

Hart
Murdock
O'Hanlon
Zarabi

Thornhill
Keenan
OTJ
O'Brien

Vine
Hurtardo

Both absolute nightmares but Zibi definatly was worse in my opinion. You know your keepers a nightmare when your rivals fans cheer when his name is read out when the announcer names the teams. Can't say I blame them though, with Zibi in goals the yams were basically 1 or 2 goals up before a ball was even kicked. Gift wrapped them goals just about every derby.

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 07:25 PM
Malkowski

Hart Nelson Canning Kujabi

Craig De Graaf Kerr

Collins Vine Kuqi

This is on pure ability, unfortunately I haven't been asked my most hated Hibs XI, though most of these players would make it.

Michael "Hoof" Nelson wins the award of the worst player I have ever watched in a Hibs shirt.

Martin Boyle was quite close in my thinking considering he is a sprinter pretending to be a footballer....

MWHIBBIES
27-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Malkowski

Craig De Graaf Kerr

Collins Vine Kuqi

This is on pure ability, unfortunately I haven't been asked my most hated Hibs XI, though most of these players would make it.

Michael "Hoof" Nelson wins the award of the worst player I have ever watched in a Hibs shirt.

Martin Boyle was quite close in my thinking considering he is a sprinter pretending to be a footballer....Not if Liam Craig is in it.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Simon Brown is streets ahead (or behind or whatever) in the goalkeeping department. An absolutely woeful goalkeeper and far worse than Makalambay or Malkowski.

Zibi actually had a few decent games (0-3 Sproule game and unbeatable derby spring to mind) before his confidence went and his decision making with it. He was undoubtedly poor especially in derbies but there was a keeper there. Makalambay had his moments good and bad.

The only positive I recall of Browns entire Hibs career was an admittedly brilliant save from Bob Malcolm in the SC at Ibrox. Apart from that he was a fat, useless waste of space who wouldn't have looked out of place on a public park in a Sunday league.

My_Wife_Camille
27-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Not if Liam Craig is in it.
:cb

27-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Malkowski

Craig De Graaf Kerr

Collins Vine Kuqi

Martin Boyle was quite close in my thinking considering he is a sprinter pretending to be a footballer....

How is Martin Boyle's name even mentioned in a "worst hibs XI" thread. seriously

Hiber-nation
27-01-2017, 09:00 PM
How is Martin Boyle's name even mentioned in a "worst hibs XI" thread. seriously

Another attention seeker, best ignored.

HoboHarry
27-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Malkowski

Craig De Graaf Kerr

Collins Vine Kuqi

Go sit doon before you hurt yourself ya banger......:faf::faf::faf:

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 09:08 PM

Watch him run into people next time he plays. Count how many times he loses the ball and fails to pass it.

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Go sit doon before you hurt yourself ya banger......:faf::faf::faf:

Aye nae bother

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Not if Liam Craig is in it.

From the ability he showed at Hibs he's in it.

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 09:10 PM

That's right aye

Agreed. Very clearly a wind up. If I was to make 20 teams of worst hibs players he still wouldnt make any of them.

bigwheel
Watch him run into people next time he plays. Count how many times he loses the ball and fails to pass it.

look, I can understand you might not fancy him as a player...but there is NO way he is anywhere near the worst 100 players I've seen play for Hibs... ridiculous to consider him in the top 11

27-01-2017, 09:13 PM
That's right aye

Aye it is. Now GTF :bye:

northstandhibby
27-01-2017, 09:18 PM
look, I can understand you might not fancy him as a player...but there is NO way he is anywhere near the worst 100 players I've seen play for Hibs... ridiculous to consider him in the top 11

Totally agree 100%.

Sure he's not the finished article but he really excites me as he is so fast and has moments of sublime skill but then can fluff the final ball but he has such potential and could be anything and I really like Boyle.

He's entitled to his opinion but he's wrong.

Glory Glory

spike220
27-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Matt Doherty would have to be captain of this team.

27-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Totally agree 100%.

Sure he's not the finished article but he really excites me as he is so fast and has moments of sublime skill but then can fluff the final ball but he has such potential and could be anything and I really like Boyle.

He's entitled to his opinion but he's wrong.

Glory Glory

As another poster said, hes not to be taken seriously, he's fishing for attention. Bless him

27-01-2017, 09:38 PM

Awful player but not the absolute worst. if this was a thread about worst attitude XI however then yes your right he would be captain. A gutless nomark who for some bizarre reason felt he was too big for us. Couldn't give a **** about hibs, just here for a wage. Its because we used to sign jokers like him that we ended up relegated. Jeez the standard of signings we used to have is frightening. Doherty wouldn't even be on the bench for the team we have now thank god!

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Aye it is. Now GTF :bye:

I think I have as much right to stay on here and post my opinions as you thank you very much. Ta ta.

eastmainsmsh
27-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Made rab Shannon look like cafu

Holmesdale Hibs
27-01-2017, 10:16 PM

Matt Doherty is a decent shout on the grounds he acted like a cock when he was with us. But based purely on ability he wouldn't make the team.

Few blasts from the past here and strong candidates for keeper. Zibi, Simon Brown and Tony Caig could have 30min each.

27-01-2017, 10:25 PM
I think I have as much right to stay on here and post my opinions as you thank you very much. Ta ta.

Course you do but your clearly fishing for attention.

ShinyFantastic
27-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Course you do but your clearly fishing for attention.

And isn't it great that you can freely express that opinion about me on the internet!

MWHIBBIES
27-01-2017, 11:04 PM
From the ability he showed at Hibs he's in it.Nope.

northstandhibby
27-01-2017, 11:08 PM
And isn't great that you can freely express that opinion about me on the internet!

You've went from having a wrong opinion to a crap attitude. Lighten up.

Glory Glory