PDA

View Full Version : Changed Days

One_Sauzee
25-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Can any of you remember being as confident against the sc*mbos as you are now?

If they beat Raith tonight, we will go to Tynecastle with all that arrogance they used to have whenever they played us.

There's a new air about us when it comes to playing them and I must say it feels bloody brilliant :thumbsup:

:giruy2:

25-01-2017, 09:20 PM
I think we have a better team than them atm but i wont be going into the derby with the same arrogance as they once did as I know derbies aren't always down to who has the best team. They will be hell bent on revenge from last seasons hurt and embarrassment.

It is extremely telling though that they are nervous playing us. Drawing hibs in the past and even last season they were absolutely wetting themselves in excitement drawing us, especially at home. We would be hearing it loud how they were going to hammer us etc but now theres certainly a nervousness to them about it. Changed days indeed.

1van Sprou7e
25-01-2017, 11:27 PM
I think we have a better team than them atm but i wont be going into the derby with the same arrogance as they once did as I know derbies aren't always down to who has the best team. They will be hell bent on revenge from last seasons hurt and embarrassment.

It is extremely telling though that they are nervous playing us. Drawing hibs in the past and even last season they were absolutely wetting themselves in excitement drawing us, especially at home. We would be hearing it loud how they were going to hammer us etc but now theres certainly a nervousness to them about it. Changed days indeed.

This. I think we're more likely to win than they are but it's far from a foregone conclusion

But yeah it is absolutely hilarious to hear Hearts fans who are scared to face Hibs in a Scottish Cup tie :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
25-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Rarely have I been delighted to her drawn at Crimecastle. We might still lose, but we won't roll over and get our tummies tickled come what may.

truehibernian
25-01-2017, 11:41 PM
So we should be, Hearts are awful - bring it on !

ajf
26-01-2017, 12:24 AM
I think we learned last season what it takes to win derbies as Kevin Thompson said about the replay in the dvd and just how much is required to win trophies in the final , we learned last season that everyone needs to give 100% and then some if its required to get over the line and I'm convinced we will succeed in the derby , we probably wont win the cup but I'm sure we have the right mentality to beat hearts , yes I've never been so confident since the seventies , bring it on

WS Hibs
26-01-2017, 12:34 AM
I for one am not remotely confident and can tell exactly where this is leading to. People (conveniently or otherwise) have decided to forget that Hearts were AWFUL against us in the first half at Tynecastle last season and still were 2-0 up. The comeback was so special because it hardly ever happens. We are not favourites, we must be prepared to outfight and hope for the best. I'd snap your arm off for a replay right now.

truehibernian
26-01-2017, 12:41 AM
I for one am not remotely confident and can tell exactly where this is leading to. People (conveniently or otherwise) have decided to forget that Hearts were AWFUL against us in the first half at Tynecastle last season and still were 2-0 up. The comeback was so special because it hardly ever happens. We are not favourites, we must be prepared to outfight and hope for the best. I'd snap your arm off for a replay right now.

Have you watched the last 8 derbies ? Hope I'm not sitting near you at the game - we've outplayed them in every one, hence Hearts fans are rightly concerned before every derby. Take a replay before a ball is kicked ?? Dearly deary me.

1van Sprou7e
26-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Have you watched the last 8 derbies ? Hope I'm not sitting near you at the game - we've outplayed them in every one, hence Hearts fans are rightly concerned before every derby. Take a replay before a ball is kicked ?? Dearly deary me.

I think that's his point in a way, even when we outplay them they often find a way to kick us in the balls

GreenLake
26-01-2017, 01:42 AM
It's a cup game and sometimes lesser teams can cause an upset, usually with the help of a referee and I have a feeling we will have the usual headwind in that respect. However, our superiority is clear, to them and us, and I think we will win this one convincingly.

truehibernian
26-01-2017, 01:49 AM
I think that's his point in a way, even when we outplay them they often find a way to kick us in the balls

'Take a replay' ? Sorry, Hearts are terrible and they're there for the taking - our lads will be delighted it's Hearts !

Take a replay - jeez !

greenlex
26-01-2017, 03:30 AM
They have a big turnover in players. The incomers won't be Hearts minded and won't get the derby like last players. On Sunday I recognised three names in their starting 11. We have the edge for sure but as ever anything can and probably will happen.

RMQ1967
26-01-2017, 05:23 AM

If they beat Raith tonight, we will go to Tynecastle with all that arrogance they used to have whenever they played us.

There's a new air about us when it comes to playing them and I must say it feels bloody brilliant :thumbsup:

Like several others have noted, I don't need to think too far back to times when they seemed in utter disarray (15 point deduction, Malofee, the other old geezer who was in charge for half a season or so) and they still ended up with a more than respectable record against us. Only a fool would underestimate their ability to get a result against us especially with their luck in getting one in a million goals, dodgy penaltys, goals not awarded, 2 injury time goals and generally **** refereeing. I'm not worried but I won't be confident until we're 3 up with 5 mins to play.

cjward2
26-01-2017, 06:23 AM
Like several others have noted, I don't need to think too far back to times when they seemed in utter disarray (15 point deduction, Malofee, the other old geezer who was in charge for half a season or so) and they still ended up with a more than respectable record against us. Only a fool would underestimate their ability to get a result against us especially with their luck in getting one in a million goals, dodgy penaltys, goals not awarded, 2 injury time goals and generally **** refereeing. I'm not worried but I won't be confident until we're 3 up with 5 mins to play.

Agree with this.

Keith_M
26-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Hibs are playing well and Hearts are on a poor run of form, but that counts for nothing in a derby.

They got two penalties last night and will similarly try every trick in the book against us. Just watch our for Walker and his ilk diving at every opportunity.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2017, 07:05 AM

Maybe in the past. They haven't beat us for a while now though.

It's a game I'm certainly wary of, it wouldn't be a derby if I wasn't nervous. Take a replay before a ball is kicked though? Nope, I believe this team has more than enough to go to Tynecastle and win.

One_Sauzee
26-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Must say I'm underwhelmed at most of the comments. We've been by far the better team in all of the games for the past 3 years.

We as the fans need to get the mentality changed if we want this run to continue. The players are confident and have every right to be. This squads not let us down in a derby yet. We have the better team. Simple as that. We need to reflect that in our attitudes.

If the majority of us go into this weary and with a negative energy it will affect the team and probably the outcome.

Times such as the relegation 'party' were the wrong time to be over confident I think. I knew on the day that'd bite us in the arse and the reason for that was our squad was *****e at the time.

But the squad now is one of the strongest we've had in terms of quality and depth for easily the past decade.

If we can't be confident and rub it in now then we might as well, as one poster said, 'hope for a replay'.

I know for a fact, regardless of being in the Premiership (which is a dull as f***) they'd be rather be us right now.

I'm going to enjoy the superiority while it lasts. :cheers:

HFCdeb
26-01-2017, 08:02 AM
I look at their team and see some (not a lot) individually good players but then I look at our team and see a team. A settled squad with a defence packed with die hard Hibbys. A squad of winners who know what the derby means.
I look at our midfield and see winners in every area.
I look at our forward line and see an arrogant, talented and determined striker, a consummate professional in Grant Holt and a tricky wee guy with a point to prove against his former employers.
I look at their manager, a bumbling, nervous Mr Bean type who's learning his trade.
I look at our manager, a hardened, snarling winner who will delight in firing up our team against the bigoted rats who attacked him.

HFCdeb
26-01-2017, 08:12 AM
I look at their team and see some (not a lot) individually good players but then I look at our team and see a team. A settled squad with a defence packed with die hard Hibbys. A squad of winners who know what the derby means.
I look at our forward line and see an arrogant, talented and determined striker, a consummate professional in Grant Holt and a tricky wee guy with a point to prove against his former employers.
I look at their manager, a bumbling, nervous Mr Bean type who's learning his trade.
I look at our manager, a hardened, snarling winner who will delight in firing up our team against the bigoted rats who attacked him.

I hit send before I'd finished.
One off cup games are unpredictable and in this instance, I'd say there is no "favourite", but a derby always comes down to a fight and who wants it more. I believe our team and manager will definitely want it more. I believe the hearts fans also think this and that's why they're scared.
Their current situation reeks of us a few years back except for the fact that the young players we developed actually went for good money:
£1.5m for Whittaker (I think?)
£4m for Brown
£2m for Thomson
£1m for Garry
Those fees guaranteed financial stability while we took care of our stadium.
Have they sold any of their "best youth players Scotland has ever seen" for anything of note?
The Hearts fans I speak to are ok but they're quite thick, they bleat on about how their players "don't know what it means to play for Hearts". Sorry to break it to you, but neither did Rudi the Rat or any of the other players who won you your most recent cups. They were playing for the wage, not the jersey. You're paying sh*t wages now so you have sh*t players. It's not rocket science.
Anyway, I can't wait to play them again. I'd love a replay back at Easter Road 💚

One_Sauzee
26-01-2017, 08:13 AM

:not worth:not worth:not worth

wearethehibs
26-01-2017, 08:13 AM
I mind the last time I was confident going into a derby.

We had just won the league cup and planned to parade it after the game.

Pete
26-01-2017, 08:16 AM

You've not been confident going into a derby for ten years?

:hmmm:

HFCdeb
26-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Level playing field now though. Anything can happen.

Salt N Sauzee
26-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Always cautious about Derby's but I'm more excited about this one than I've ever been before.

Mikey
26-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Apart from the usual suspects (you know, the ones who are scared of their own shadow and won't be standing on the cracks in the pavement for the next fortnight or so "just in case") there's no reason not to be confident about getting through the tie.

History may be on their side but that's because charities and small businesses were subsidising their squad. Those days are gone.

Not In The Know
26-01-2017, 08:49 AM

The annoying thing about that spell was we were not in much better shape ourselves. We now finally have settled team and experienced manager. They are a bit like how we were in the past. New young inexperienced managers, lots of new random signings and plenty reliance on youngsters.

Saying that though any game at that dump is tricky. We will need to be at the level we played against Utd to get through (thats was the game at ER not Tannadice!)

What we need now is them to get 2 royal pumpings from the old firm in the build up to our match.

Big_Franck
26-01-2017, 08:50 AM
We should be confident given our recent derby record. I've no doubt we'll get through the tie, even if it takes a replay.

The saviles have just failed to beat a Raith Rovers side in horrendous form in three hours of football. They are brutal and their fans know it.

Thecat23
26-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Hearts 1-4 Hibs You heard it here first! 😎👍🏼

patlowe
26-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Sorry, but I'm never, ever confident going into the derby and I really wish we hadn't drawn them, given the importance of focusing on promotion right now. It's not that I don't trust the players, or that I fear Hearts in any way for that matter - with our current squad and our recent record against premiership sides, the only team in Scotland I would "fear" right now is Celtic. However, the derby is the derby and there really is no accounting for what might happen. This fixture has bitten both sides on the backside unexpectedly in the past, often in situations where the odds were stacked far more in favour of one side than they are right now.

Callyballybe
26-01-2017, 09:05 AM

I'm leaning more towards this unfortunately.

Someone else has mentioned that we need to have a change in mentality, they're not what they used to be etc etc. This is probably correct, it's definitely become part of the Hibs psyche over the past 15 years to dread derbies, justifiably I might add.

However, we are away, their fans/players will remember what happened last year and will be vying for blood. Cathro's job is probably on the line here as well (I'm serious.) If they go out again to us at this stage, there'll be riots at the PBS. Furthermore, even when we've been the better team, we've still struggled to win there. I'd say we're definitely not favourites.

Of all the teams to stop our defense of the Scottish, they'd obviously take massive delight in this - that's at the back of my mind as well.

Callyballybe
26-01-2017, 09:10 AM
We should be confident given our recent derby record. I've no doubt we'll get through the tie, even if it takes a replay.

The saviles have just failed to beat a Raith Rovers side in horrendous form in three hours of football. They are brutal and their fans know it.

I hear what you're saying, but I seen one of the mutants on keekback say exact the same thing about us - we failed to beat Raith at home as well.

I actually don't feel that's as relevant in this circumstance, derbies are different. Obviously I hope you're right though!

H18 SFR
26-01-2017, 10:01 AM
I think their home advantage is a leveller making it a 50/50 game.

pacoluna
26-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Must say I'm underwhelmed at most of the comments. We've been by far the better team in all of the games for the past 3 years.

We as the fans need to get the mentality changed if we want this run to continue. The players are confident and have every right to be. This squads not let us down in a derby yet. We have the better team. Simple as that. We need to reflect that in our attitudes.

If the majority of us go into this weary and with a negative energy it will affect the team and probably the outcome.

Times such as the relegation 'party' were the wrong time to be over confident I think. I knew on the day that'd bite us in the arse and the reason for that was our squad was *****e at the time.

But the squad now is one of the strongest we've had in terms of quality and depth for easily the past decade.

If we can't be confident and rub it in now then we might as well, as one poster said, 'hope for a replay'.

I know for a fact, regardless of being in the Premiership (which is a dull as f***) they'd be rather be us right now.

I agree, certain posters seem to be a little pessimistic on this.

Craig_in_Prague
26-01-2017, 10:11 AM
I think their home advantage is a leveller making it a 50/50 game.

Also think this game is the flip of a coin.

1875M
26-01-2017, 10:14 AM

Summed it up nicely. As a younger fan, from my perspective it certainly has changed, at least a little. A lot of the games against Hearts in my lifetime has been with a Hibs team filled with journeymen who had no idea what the Derby meant and looked as if they were beaten before a ball was even kicked. However for the last few seasons we've outplayed them, outfought them and outworked them. I see the same happening this game, especially with Lennon in charge.

Diclonius
26-01-2017, 10:20 AM
I will never feel confident going into a game against Hearts. We all know what's happened, time and time again.

I do agree though that this is probably one of the best chances we've had against them in a while.

SlickShoes
26-01-2017, 10:27 AM
I think we have a better team assuming everyone plays to their full potential, however the main thing worrying me is us missing lots of chances and them scoring out of nothing.

Alex Trager
26-01-2017, 10:44 AM

Spot on. Arrogance=egg on puss.

But they are a LOT less confident than usual

Bostonhibby
26-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Very close game. They'll be up for it as it's all they've got to play for and is the game that defines them and makes or breaks their manager.

How the ref deals with walker's falling over will be a factor.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2017, 11:35 AM
The usual Yam arrogance going into derbies certainly seems to have dropped a good few notches over the last few seasons. When you look at their comments on sickbag there is certainly plenty of the usual bravado, but you can sense underneath it all that they are nervous about the prospect of playing us.

There was bit of a discussion about who they would take from Hibs into their team and some of the comments about Gray, Cummings and especially McGinn were nothing short of delusional ...... rivalry or not fans of any club in Scotland who wouldn't want SJM in their midfield must be sorely lacking in their football knowledge, of course he is under 6 feet tall which could explain it.

I for one don't think that the Yam arrogance in their approach to the derby has dissipated at the top of the tree at the PBS .... Budge is a long standing match going Yam and Levin comes from that era where winning derbies or at least avoiding defeat was par for the course, they went into these games expecting to win.
What has changed is the attitude at Easter Road, Stubbs always had the team fired up and ready to go whenever we faced them, it was no longer a case of 'oh no its Hearts' and became 'right its Hearts, f'ing bring it on' ...... I cant imagine any scenario where Neil Lennon would allow a change to that attitude, he had the team right up for it against Dundee Utd in a game we had to win and given his history at the PBS he wont have any problems getting the attitude right for this one either. I don't think Hibs will ever approach a derby thinking its a gimmie, but these days we never go into one thinking we cant win it and that will do for me.

If I was a Yam what would be worrying me is that they managed to lose 3 goals ( it should have been 4 ) from open play to a team that had managed precisely 4 goals in their last 10 games. They only have a handful of pretty tough fixtures left to sort out that defence before they play us ....... the other thing they should worry about is that we are at our best against teams who come out to attack, because the game is at the PBS they will have little choice but to go for it and if the last few years are anything to go by that plays right into our hands.

Do I think Hibs will win this game? I genuinely don't know, its a derby and as we all know anything can happen. Do I think Hibs are capable of winning this game? ........... without a bloody doubt :aok:

rodhibs55
26-01-2017, 12:33 PM
The usual Yam arrogance going into derbies certainly seems to have dropped a good few notches over the last few seasons. When you look at their comments on sickbag there is certainly plenty of the usual bravado, but you can sense underneath it all that they are nervous about the prospect of playing us.

There was bit of a discussion about who they would take from Hibs into their team and some of the comments about Gray, Cummings and especially McGinn were nothing short of delusional ...... rivalry or not fans of any club in Scotland who wouldn't want SJM in their midfield must be sorely lacking in their football knowledge, of course he is under 6 feet tall which could explain it.

I for one don't think that the Yam arrogance in their approach to the derby has dissipated at the top of the tree at the PBS .... Budge is a long standing match going Yam and Levin comes from that era where winning derbies or at least avoiding defeat was par for the course, they went into these games expecting to win.
What has changed is the attitude at Easter Road, Stubbs always had the team fired up and ready to go whenever we faced them, it was no longer a case of 'oh no its Hearts' and became 'right its Hearts, f'ing bring it on' ...... I cant imagine any scenario where Neil Lennon would allow a change to that attitude, he had the team right up for it against Dundee Utd in a game we had to win and given his history at the PBS he wont have any problems getting the attitude right for this one either. I don't think Hibs will ever approach a derby thinking its a gimmie, but these days we never go into one thinking we cant win it and that will do for me.

If I was a Yam what would be worrying me is that they managed to lose 3 goals ( it should have been 4 ) from open play to a team that had managed precisely 4 goals in their last 10 games. They only have a handful of pretty tough fixtures left to sort out that defence before they play us ....... the other thing they should worry about is that we are at our best against teams who come out to attack, because the game is at the PBS they will have little choice but to go for it and if the last few years are anything to go by that plays right into our hands.

Do I think Hibs will win this game? I genuinely don't know, its a derby and as we all know anything can happen. Do I think Hibs are capable of winning this game? ........... without a bloody doubt :aok:
Dangerous game this for us. Bit like the Bonnyrigg game, they are playing the cup holders and an in form team so they will probably raise there game for this one.

Ringothedog
26-01-2017, 12:38 PM

I never will have arrogance going into any Derby, they can be decided by a piece of bad luck, a bit of brilliance, bad refereeing in fact there are so many variables it is scary BUT we should go in there with a belief that we can match them and have the ability to beat them.

WeeRussell
26-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Confident. BUT we need to be fired up for it and have the desire to go out and rub their noses in it and not just wait for it to happen.

We're the better team just now. Just have to make sure we show it on the day.

Bring it on.

Deansy
26-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Yup, feeling confident over them was a regular feeling right up until Mercer started their 'Finance Football' years - now they're forced to 'Play within their means' that confidence is storming back.

Soon we'll be able to say with complete and utter justification - 'NORMAL SERVICE HAS BEEN RESUMED'.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Hearts have stopped fancying this derby since the financial doping era ended and they now have to compete on a level playing field.

They've been believing their propaganda about being 'winners' who 'want it more' or 'have bottle' and a lot of younger Hibs fans bought into this nonsense.

They were simply able to afford better/more players over the last 30 years, by spending money they didn't have. When Hibs matched them by overspending (ie: the McLeish era) they came off second best.

Arguably we have punched above our weight in derbies as we spent far less on players wages.

Now it's at a parity, and they are nervous, despite being in a higher division and enjoying home advantage. Whatever the scoreline, Hibs fans have been relishing the level playing field era, and Hearts fans dreading it. That won't change over the next few years with the financial model they have in place.

WS Hibs
26-01-2017, 07:45 PM

Late responding to this but yes that was exactly my point. I think we're a better side, I think we'll probably outplay them, but that never seems to guarantee us a win against that club. I'd be more confident at Easter Road, a bigger pitch, a better playing surface and a big crowd roaring on our team.

WS Hibs
26-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Also, whilst I admit "hoping for a replay" seems a bit negative, it avoids the worst case scenario for me, which is them knocking us out of the cup we hold at Tynecastle. Get them back to Easter Road and they're there for the taking, IMO.

Nicho87
26-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Form book goes out the window in all derbies in my opinion.

Hibs wont get beat though :)

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2017, 07:59 PM

Doesn't matter one little bit. I'd take a replay 100%.

Keith_M
26-01-2017, 08:41 PM
When Hearts finally ended their yo-yo years and re-joined the Premier League in 1983, I went to my first ever league derby match at Tynecastle that October. Hibs were ahead twice and still managed to lose 3-2.

It seemed like that set the pattern for the following 20 years, where, outside of a few memorable occasions, they would either beat us by a clear margin or be poor for 80+ minutes but still get a result, often with a goal in the closing stages, against the run of play.

During most of the last 30 years, I've seen Hearts teams based on diving, time-wasting and downright thuggery... and nearly always getting away with it.

Maybe that's behind my caution approaching this game but I think it's perfectly understandable.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2017, 08:47 PM
People need to get out of the 'Hibs psyche' way of thinking. Our application, fight and often quality in Derbies hasn't been lacking for a good while now hence Hearts haven't beat us for a while. If anything our players seem to relish the game more than their squad now which hasn't always been the case.

The few Hearts fans I have spoken to are nervous and are honest enough to admit it, 1 or 2 are showing a bit bravado but it's a front. We may well lose but no way will we capitulate as we have done in derbies in the past. The mindset is different now. I'm confident and I'm not scared to say it, it won't have by influence on the game 1 way or another anyway as long as the players attitudea are right, which they will be.

jacomo
26-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Our gaffer knows all about the Jambos. He'll be right up for this.

I think Cathy might cry.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2017, 10:32 PM
People need to get out of the 'Hibs psyche' way of thinking. Our application, fight and often quality in Derbies hasn't been lacking for a good while now hence Hearts haven't beat us for a while. If anything our players seem to relish the game more than their squad now which hasn't always been the case.

The few Hearts fans I have spoken to are nervous and are honest enough to admit it, 1 or 2 are showing a bit bravado but it's a front. We may well lose but no way will we capitulate as we have done in derbies in the past. The mindset is different now. I'm confident and I'm not scared to say it, it won't have by influence on the game 1 way or another anyway as long as the players attitudea are right, which they will be.

Very good post. Los Yambolinos having to come to terms that their supremacy and attendant arrogance is purely due to financial doping is not a pretty sight. Well, it is if you love a good Jambo civil war on boakback.

Anybody who thinks that a Neil Lennon side will capitulate timidly to an Ian Cathro one needs to get out a little bit more and learn some life lessons.

mca
26-01-2017, 10:47 PM

You've not been confident going into a derby for ten years? :hmmm:

My tally stands at 30 years... They always Seem to Get a Fluke, Screamer, Penalty.. all in that order..

Ps.. i did suffer that long winning run they had in the 80`s.. can i be forgiven..

No doubt a New Signing will turn out to be the Next Robbo in Disguise.. The Batards are just so Lucky when it comes to us..

Zazu62
26-01-2017, 10:47 PM

Oaft.. Now that would be one of the greatest days of my life.

southsider
26-01-2017, 11:32 PM

One nil will do me. This will be an unbelievable hard task. We are underdogs again. Just how I like it.

ehf
27-01-2017, 12:08 AM
When Hearts finally ended their yo-yo years and re-joined the Premier League in 1983, I went to my first ever league derby match at Tynecastle that October. Hibs were ahead twice and still managed to lose 3-2.

It seemed like that set the pattern for the following 20 years, where, outside of a few memorable occasions, they would either beat us by a clear margin or be poor for 80+ minutes but still get a result, often with a goal in the closing stages, against the run of play.

During most of the last 30 years, I've seen Hearts teams based on diving, time-wasting and downright thuggery... and nearly always getting away with it.

Maybe that's behind my caution approaching this game but I think it's perfectly understandable.

To be fair, there were quite a few games in that era when we just didn't turn up/were two down after 10/15 minutes after a couple of defensive howlers, but most of the time we drew when we deserved to win, or lost when we deserved at least a draw.

One game that is seldom mentioned but sticks in my memory was the next league match after 6-2, which, if memory serves, was on Boxing Day 2000. We bombarded them for 90 minutes (Lyndon Andrews played a blinder) but a combination of bad finishing, bad refereeing and bad luck (pure jambo spawn) meant it ended 0-0.

That said, I do feel the tide has turned and am pretty confident about this one, although a lot will depend on the referee and I have a horrible feeling it will be Craig Ulysses Nigel Thomson.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2017, 06:15 AM
To be fair, there were quite a few games in that era when we just didn't turn up/were two down after 10/15 minutes after a couple of defensive howlers, but most of the time we drew when we deserved to win, or lost when we deserved at least a draw.

One game that is seldom mentioned but sticks in my memory was the next league match after 6-2, which, if memory serves, was on Boxing Day 2000. We bombarded them for 90 minutes (Lyndon Andrews played a blinder) but a combination of bad finishing, bad refereeing and bad luck (pure jambo spawn) meant it ended 0-0.

That said, I do feel the tide has turned and am pretty confident about this one, although a lot will depend on the referee and I have a horrible feeling it will be Craig Ulysses Nigel Thomson.

Neil Berry breaking Paul Wrights leg typifies their win ugly at all costs philosophy. Wright was all over them that game and would I believe have secured us a win to break their run. The rest is Hibstory.