PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gallacher

CallumLaidlaw
25-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Hibs set to sign former St Mirren GK, Scott Gallacher as back up.

Only left St Mirren today by mutual consent.

Boyle89
25-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Please god no. Terrible signing. Rather just have the young guys on the bench.

1van Sprou7e
25-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Is he really that bad? He likely won't even play anyway

HoboHarry
25-01-2017, 03:00 PM

Why is he terrible? Do you have anything to back that up?

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 03:00 PM

Yep will only play in emergency i would assume given Laidlaw and Rocky now confirmed as not breaking any ribs.

Boyle89
25-01-2017, 03:04 PM
He played in the 0-2 game this season. Every kick went out of play. He's not what we need even for a back up. Waste of a wage.

JDHibs
25-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Terrible signing? In what way?

Hes been brought in for 4 weeks to cover Marciano? Waste of a wage? Yes, because having an experienced back up is worse than bringing in young Patrick Martin who is in the U17s mostly.

Hes just came from St Mirren after being at Alloa? How much do you genuinely think hes on?

What an utterly stupid post.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Terrible signing because it is fifteen years too late.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Terrible signing because it is fifteen years too late.

Are you getting Scott and Paul mixed up?

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Are you getting Scott and Paul mixed up?

Yes. Was also hoping that no one would notice.

Boyle89
25-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Terrible signing? In what way?

Hes been brought in for 4 weeks to cover Marciano? Waste of a wage? Yes, because having an experienced back up is worse than bringing in young Patrick Martin who is in the U17s mostly.

Hes just came from St Mirren after being at Alloa? How much do you genuinely think hes on?

What an utterly stupid post.

Only my opinion. Feel free to disagree but whatever the club pays him would be better allocated somewhere else. He's rank rotten. Couldn't get in ahead of langfield when he was fit. Sorry but even as a back ups back up he's not good enough for hibs.

Unseen work
25-01-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm sure he played against us whilst at hearts/rangers and was awful. That was only 2 wars ago

woodyhfc4892
25-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Saw this on twitter and a load of St Mirren fans seem happy with his departure as he was 'dead wood' according to some..

3pm
25-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Saw this on twitter and a load of St Mirren fans seem happy with his departure as he was 'dead wood' according to some..

The irony.

Unseen work
25-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Tbf I'm not particularly excited by this but he would be our 3rd choice.

Who was excited by laidlaw? I wasn't but he has been solid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GfH2el5aa9Y Seems to play well against the rangers anyway

PiemanP
25-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Only my opinion. Feel free to disagree but whatever the club pays him would be better allocated somewhere else. He's rank rotten. Couldn't get in ahead of langfield when he was fit. Sorry but even as a back ups back up he's not good enough for hibs.

I agree. Even if it's 250 a week or whatever minimum wage is these days I'd rather it went to better use.

If Rocky is injured stick the lad from the U20 on the bench (he got rave reviews a few weeks ago in a development match). In the unlikely event of laidlaw getting injured then sort out an emergency loan.

Billy Whizz
25-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Let's slag the guy before he's even joined us, not Hibs class

Andy74
25-01-2017, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure top keepers are queuing up to be short term 3rd choice cover for a team in the second tier of Scottish football. I'm sure given he knows the league he will be fine for what we need.

Golden Bear
25-01-2017, 04:54 PM
I profess to not having the same in depth knowledge of some of our illustrious and knowledgeable posters however I will trust our coaching staff on this one and if this signing does come to bear, then I'll do my level best to boost the lad's self confidence, not destroy it.

HoboHarry
25-01-2017, 05:05 PM

Now Billy you know better than that. Nothing wrong with taking a chance on keepers not getting injured and then if they do, scrambling at short notice to find one who has never played behind his new team mates before. What could go wrong?

:wink:

Diclonius
25-01-2017, 05:10 PM
He'll be the backup to the backup to the backup. That's fine.

hibby6270
25-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Two words. Conrad Logan.

Would anyone seriously say they were over the moon about him coming in when you first saw him warming up at Hampden in April last year? Probably not and looked what happened. Best short term signing Hibs ever made? Probably.

Give this new guy a chance. If he does need to play at any stage, it's not as if he'll be going out of his way to fail.

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2017, 05:21 PM
I'm not sure top keepers are queuing up to be short term 3rd choice cover for a team in the second tier of Scottish football. I'm sure given he knows the league he will be fine for what we need.
Was just gonna post the same thing Andy...beat me to it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SChibs
25-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Seems like some people on here would rather have no gk on the bench on Saturday. Strange.

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Tbf I'm not particularly excited by this but he would be our 3rd choice.

Who was excited by laidlaw? I wasn't but he has been solid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GfH2el5aa9Y Seems to play well against the rangers anyway

The difference with Laidlaw is no one knew much about him.

maturehibby
25-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Said Gallagher played against us a couple of years ago with alloa and his perfomande that day was outstanding as he kept a very poor Alloa team in the game.
I was mightily impressed by the plates performance that say and am sure that our Goalkeeper coach will bring up quickly to speed and I for one am happy that he is coming here
Good signing Neil and I am sure that Alan Combe will have had a large input in this signing

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Yes agreed terrible signing,these experienced goalkeepers that we sign from obscurity have never done us any good.In fact the last one was even fat!

Brooster
25-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Otso has been freed, Rocky is injured and Maciej Dabrowski broke his thumb the week he signed. We needed cover and Gallacher fits the bill perfectly, I would have no qualms about him being called up should the occassion arise. Some drama queens on here who spout off without knowing the script.

CMurdoch
25-01-2017, 06:31 PM
P
Yes agreed terrible signing,these experienced goalkeepers that we sign from obscurity have never done us any good.In fact the last one was even fat!

:not worth:not worth:greengrin:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
25-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Seems like some people on here would rather have no gk on the bench on Saturday. Strange.

Some people are idiots though and know the square root of **** all so you have to cut them some slack.

Boyle89
25-01-2017, 06:48 PM

Nobody said that but go on...🙄

SChibs
25-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Nobody said that but go on...🙄

Well people have clearly stated they are unhappy with this signing but what do you expect when we are down to one keeper and we have a game on Saturday?

The guy has came from a team in our league so it's hardly the worst signing we've ever made.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Well people have clearly stated they are unhappy with this signing but what do you expect when we are down to one keeper and we have a game on Saturday?

The guy has came from a team in our league so it's hardly the worst signing we've ever made.

We have a development team goalkeeper who could sit on the bench if required.

I take your general point and bringing in a keeper on a short term deal seems sensible but we still have another recognised goalkeeper on the books.

Boyle89
25-01-2017, 07:44 PM

The guy who's second choice at the team bottom of the league. I'd rather have the young guys on the bench and failing that we sign someone else but he was available so what's done is done. Just hope Marciano recovers quickly and laidlaw doesn't get injured.

The_Horde
25-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Rather have Frank

Marco G
25-01-2017, 07:53 PM
We have a development team goalkeeper who could sit on the bench if required.

I take your general point and bringing in a keeper on a short term deal seems sensible but we still have another recognised goalkeeper on the books.
Not about sitting on the bench, its about what happens when he might have to come on. Rather have an experienced keeper any day.

erin go bragh
25-01-2017, 07:57 PM

Just as well big Conrads signing didn't leak on here first.
Can you imagine the carnage :)

HoboHarry
27-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Deal is done.....

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/scott-gallacher-joins-hibernian-after-keepers-are-hurt-1-4350234

Gettin' Auld
27-01-2017, 08:15 AM
He's third choice and just some cover to the end of the season, so he doesn't need to be a world beater. Welcome to Hibs, Scott.

Diclonius
27-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Why no announcement on the official site?

HoboHarry
27-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Why no announcement on the official site?
They are waiting to announce him along with KC, LH, and Leigh Griffiths at the same time......

:wink: