PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NINE TO STAND FOR SUPPORTER REP POSITIONS

RSS Bot
25-01-2017, 07:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7202)

Famous Fiver
25-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Arise Sir Patrick of Stanton.

You can represent me any day of the week.

MartinfaePorty
25-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Just read through the statements. Have to say they are all very impressive and it's going to be difficult to choose. Think Frank and Pat Stanton have the benefit of being known names, but I hope people take the time to try and match the statements with their own ideas and choose the candidates based on that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
25-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Big improvement on last time where some statements were brief or even non-existent.

Galahibby
25-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Pat's statement probably could've just ended after the first line :wink:

bigwheel
Just read through the statements. Have to say they are all very impressive and it's going to be difficult to choose. Think Frank and Pat Stanton have the benefit of being known names, but I hope people take the time to try and match the statements with their own ideas and choose the candidates based on that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

think those are good points...my reflection on the Frank /Pat Stanton options is that in essence they are quite similar choices. They are both good pals, have a similar circle of friends. Both well kent faces in the Hibs club... Pat is a genuine Hibs legends ..obvs!

I guess I'm tending towards two different choices rather than two quite similar ....perhaps with one who will bring a different "Hibs fans" voice to the table..

JimBHibees
Big improvement on last time where some statements were brief or even non-existent.

Alot of really good statements and a number who either run their own business or are successful professionally.

Since90+2
25-01-2017, 08:17 AM
I would imagine Pat Stanton is very likely to get one of the nominations.

Do any of the other candidates post on here regularly out of interest?

Barney McGrew
25-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Do any of the other candidates post on here regularly out of interest?

I'm sure if they do they will make themselves known. Then again, depending on what they post they might not :greengrin

H18 SFR
25-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Do season ticket holder get a vote?

LustForLeith
25-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Why is it only two support reps out of curisoity?

tartanhibee
25-01-2017, 08:25 AM
Having read all the statements I'm very impressed by what they are saying but not sure which one would represent me best. Hopefully get a chance to speak to some of them over the next couple of weeks.

bigwheel
25-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Alot of really good statements and a number who either run their own business or are successful professionally.

I agree Jim...that said, I'm not sure we need successful businessmen/women in these role. We have enough commercial acumen around the board table.

What I would value is someone is "champion" of our voice. Someone who will represent the voice of the Hibs fan base around the board table. Someone who will stand up for things we care about and represents our views, rather than their own views.

In turn, they also need to be able to share back from the board the key messages too the Hibs fan base. An area that I've seen less of from the reps than I hoped. Not that i expect to agree with everything, but I would welcome different routes to get feedback more regularly.

Anyway, all the best to the reps - good on you for putting yourselves forward!

DaveF
25-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Impressive statements from people who clearly have a good deal of enthusiasm for the role.

flash
25-01-2017, 08:45 AM
All very well written statements and it looks like we will have two good reps whoever gets picked.

HappyHanlon
25-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Two new reps then.

Pat and A N Other

Brightside
25-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Tracy is an Admin on the Hibs News page - so a very good chance she will get in. and Pat is a cert - but as has been discussed before its a bit daft that he is standing on the supporters ticket, its not like he's going to come on here and have a a chat with us.

Carheenlea
25-01-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm happy to see Frank and Amit continue for another term. There was always going to be a bit of a bedding in period with the new positions, and I feel it would be fair to let them have a proper run at it now the positions have been properly established. After this term would be a fairer time to think about electing others.
One reason I won't be voting for Pat Stanton is that I really don't want to see a club hero on the receiving end of flak and criticism, which ultimately will come with the job.

Hermit Crab
25-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Tracy is an Admin on the Hibs News page - so a very good chance she will get in. and Pat is a cert - but as has been discussed before its a bit daft that he is standing on the supporters ticket, its not like he's going to come on here and have a a chat with us.

Does she attend away games though? Amit doesn't bother his arse. Big Frank is at every game regardless.

Brightside
25-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Does she attend away games though? Amit doesn't bother his arse. Big Frank is at every game regardless.

Its a vote though...so nothing to do with how many away games you go to. She will have a 1000+ votes via that FB page. You don't get this role based on being the best candidate.

Last Minute
25-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Pat and Frank for me:agree:

Hermit Crab
25-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Its a vote though...so nothing to do with how many away games you go to. She will have a 1000+ votes via that FB page. You don't get this role based on being the best candidate.

Well good luck to her but i know who's getting my votes.

tartanhibee
25-01-2017, 09:04 AM
You don't get this role based on being the best candidate.

This unfortunately is true.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2017, 09:07 AM
I'd be interested to know what the current reps feel has been achieved that wouldn't have been had there not been supporters reps. Certainly a question I'll ask at the meet and greet at the Hibs Club. I'd be interested in the other candidates thoughts as well.

Undoubtedly some very capable people on the list who have skills to be utilised but what changes are they going to bring about, or have been brought about, by fans for fans?

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Good luck to all.
Let the battle commence.

vuefrom1875
25-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Arise Sir Patrick of Stanton.

You can represent me any day of the week.

Ditto.

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 09:25 AM

The thing with Big Frank is despite him being able to get a free seat in all grounds he attends as a director he still buys season tickets home & away. He certainly is not in it for the free meal ticket.

bigwheel
25-01-2017, 09:30 AM

I'd wonder how that pairing would gather the views of the non Hibs Club (and supporters club) fans...how would they engage with views from the websites (for example)?

GreenCastle
25-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Going to games helps but is that part of the criteria for selection?

I would rather someone who gets things done than just a face at games.

However ideally you have mix of both.

I've never spoken to Frank but seen him at many games but Amit has also kindly replied to a private message on here which I'm sure he receives loads so I appreciated that.

The bigger question is what is actually going to be achieved by those who get elected.

Issues I still see at the club..

PA / Tannoy system
Food prices and quality at games
Nonsense of ST ticket checks at home games
Online ticket system issues
Merchandise in the shop or lack of it (pre-order carry on)
Stadium signage and making it more Hibs themed.
Behind the goals costs - possible for a new supporters bar ?
Signing section - growing it with flags and noise.

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 09:33 AM
I agree Jim...that said, I'm not sure we need successful businessmen/women in these role. We have enough commercial acumen around the board table.

What I would value is someone is "champion" of our voice. Someone who will represent the voice of the Hibs fan base around the board table. Someone who will stand up for things we care about and represents our views, rather than their own views.

In turn, they also need to be able to share back from the board the key messages too the Hibs fan base. An area that I've seen less of from the reps than I hoped. Not that i expect to agree with everything, but I would welcome different routes to get feedback more regularly.

Anyway, all the best to the reps - good on you for putting yourselves forward!

Totally agree however was just raising the quality of the candidates rather than necessarily thinking they should be chosen because of that.

Not sure who to vote for and kind of bemused with Pat being involved in this as assumed this would be more for your run of the mill fan rather than an ex player and manager however entirely up to him.

matty_f
25-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Like last time, I really hope that whoever gets the role engages with sites like here and the Bounce. It's an easy and available way to reach a big audience to talk about issues, get feedback and ideas etc without the need for arranging meetings and forums etc.

lord bunberry
25-01-2017, 10:05 AM
I won't be voting this time. They aren't supporters representatives in the way I want them to be. We should have selected someone from this site and voted for them, maybe next time. I know Pathead stood the last time and I voted for him.

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2017, 10:13 AM
I won't be voting this time. They aren't supporters representatives in the way I want them to be. We should have selected someone from this site and voted for them, maybe next time. I know Pathead stood the last time and I voted for him.

Are none of the candidates posters on here?

matty_f
25-01-2017, 10:14 AM

I don't know if anyone on here put themselves forward, or we're nominated by someone else.

lord bunberry
25-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Amit occasionally posts on here. I'm presuming Pat will be elected and the girl from Facebook must have a great chance. We missed a chance to get a regular poster from here on the board imo. You would have been ideal :greengrin

lord bunberry
25-01-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't know if anyone on here put themselves forward, or we're nominated by someone else.
Neither do I. I wish now that we had organised something.

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm happy to see Frank and Amit continue for another term. There was always going to be a bit of a bedding in period with the new positions, and I feel it would be fair to let them have a proper run at it now the positions have been properly established. After this term would be a fairer time to think about electing others.
One reason I won't be voting for Pat Stanton is that I really don't want to see a club hero on the receiving end of flak and criticism, which ultimately will come with the job.

Very good point it is in many ways a thankless task.

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Amit occasionally posts on here. I'm presuming Pat will be elected and the girl from Facebook must have a great chance. We missed a chance to get a regular poster from here on the board imo. You would have been ideal :greengrin

I can't tell if any of the candidates are on here or not.

As for your last statement, is the acronym FRO a thing? :greengrin

lord bunberry
25-01-2017, 10:21 AM
I can't tell if any of the candidates are on here or not.

As for your last statement, is the acronym FRO a thing? :greengrin
:greengrin It was only a suggestion.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Neither do I. I wish now that we had organised something.

Tbh the thought did cross my mind. However there are enough accusations about club involvement thrown at .net as it is without us having an 'official' candidate so i didn't take it any further than an idea in my head.

Forums like .net and the Bounce are out there along with various Facebook groups, Twitter accounts etc. For me that should be an invaluable way for prospective, and successful, candidates to gauge the opinions of the support quickly. A little bit common sense would quickly filter the good points from the habitual moaners. Anyone choosing not to utilise such a resource is missing a trick imo. Combined with meeting the support face to face in BTG and the Hibs Club and so on it would provide a broad spectrum of opinions.

Each to their own though.

ancient hibee
25-01-2017, 10:28 AM
It's an impossible job.There is no "fans view".You only have to read most threads on here to know that there are usually as many different opinions as there are posts.

Amit
25-01-2017, 10:30 AM

PA / Tannoy system

PA/Tannoy - We've made some changes to the system to help improve the sound quality. Whilst, this is more of sticking plaster solution, we need to invest a substantial 6 figure sum to upgrade to an entertainment system which would solve the issue. The cash at the moment is going towards promotion but this is still something the club will look at when the time is right.

Food prices/quality - this has been worked on by the commercial department and the 3rd party kiosk provider. We've seen some improvements in the range but could still be better. We continually feedback on complaints about the quality and service. Some of this has resolved by improved training of staff and also bringing other suppliers (i.e. pie not etc). Still work in progress. Again, if we want to bring in house then likely to have an initial large capital outlay.

ST checks @ home games - this is resolved. The focus is on concession abuse and we'll continue to tackle this. But adult-to-adult transfers shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Online ticket system issues - ticketmaster are aware of the poor service that our supporters have experienced and we are working with them to ensure that online sales are as smooth as possible.

Merchandise - has been a bug-bear for the club and supporters. The 3rd party who runs the shop has disappointed in this respect. The club have stepped in to provide merchandise where it can (without breaching the commercial arrangement) for example DVD, t-shirts (inspired by the Working Together Group) etc. I have confidence that going forward there will be big improvements in this area.

Stadium signage/ Hibs theme - again a focus being worked on by the Working Together group. Expect to see additions with respect to this.

BTG - this is a live discussion and there will hopefully be news on this in the near future.

Singing section - again a live discussion but expect to see big collaborative improvements.

GGTTH

Amit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyM_1875
25-01-2017, 10:34 AM
I think Big Frank is an absolute certainty to get re-elected and deservedly so. Amit has done well as SR too.
I'm not so sure Pat will get elected.
Tracy has a very good chance and arguably is more in touch with the supporters due to her high social media profile.

lord bunberry
25-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Tbh the thought did cross my mind. However there are enough accusations about club involvement thrown at .net as it is without us having an 'official' candidate so i didn't take it any further than an idea in my head.

Forums like .net and the Bounce are out there along with various Facebook groups, Twitter accounts etc. For me that should be an invaluable way for prospective, and successful, candidates to gauge the opinions of the support quickly. A little bit common sense would quickly filter the good points from the habitual moaners. Anyone choosing not to utilise such a resource is missing a trick imo. Combined with meeting the support face to face in BTG and the Hibs Club and so on it would provide a broad spectrum of opinions.

Each to their own though.
What bothers me is that despite several high profile issues in the last 2 years, we've never had a supporters Rep come on here and answer some questions. Imo that's what a supporters rep should be doing. It may be that they're told not to say anything on these forums, the fact is we don't know. If they're told by the club not to say anything then I'd like to know why.
As for the accusations being thrown around, surely no one takes these cranks seriously? I hope their recent escapades ended with a visit from the police.

J-C
25-01-2017, 10:43 AM
What bothers me is that despite several high profile issues in the last 2 years, we've never had a supporters Rep come on here and answer some questions. Imo that's what a supporters rep should be doing. It may be that they're told not to say anything on these forums, the fact is we don't know. If they're told by the club not to say anything then I'd like to know why.
As for the accusations being thrown around, surely no one takes these cranks seriously? I hope their recent escapades ended with a visit from the police.

They don't have to compromise Hibs in any way, but coming on here and getting our views would be a good thing IMHO.

lord bunberry
25-01-2017, 10:46 AM
They don't have to compromise Hibs in any way, but coming on here and getting our views would be good thing IMHO.
That's what I think as well

Viking
25-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Some good candidates and personal statements. Firstly I think Pat is (wrongly) a dead cert. He is going to get votes due to his name and legendary status with the club as opposed to what he can bring to the role. I don't think he is a better choice than some others and won't be getting my vote.

Of the two current reps Amit will be getting my vote. I have seen him on several occassion in the Hibs Club on his own chatting to fans and is approachable on here and on Social Media. He seems far more contactable than Frank who I've only seen in the club once (and that was with the Scottish Cup) and doesn't seem to interact with fans on social media platforms. I'm a big believer that this is a major part of the role considering its a fans rep!!

Some other good candidates and i'll need to have a think about swcond vote (if it is still 2 votes we get!) but good luck to all in what many see as a poisoned chalice!!

andyf5
25-01-2017, 12:14 PM
The bigger question is what is actually going to be achieved by those who get elected.

PA / Tannoy system

I'm kind of wishing you had stood. One of the candidates talked about bringing issues together to get some real action. There is no conduit for me to convey my ideas or opinions on issues that I feel would benefit the club. My feeling is the reps should only be allowed to sit for two terms and that fresh blood and ideas is a good thing (perhaps if they stagger it so not both go at the same time). The reps have obviously done a lot unpaid in their own time, looking at the role, and I applaud their work.

Andy74
25-01-2017, 12:42 PM
I notice both current directors talking about committing to keeping people more up to date - they promised this 2 years ago and is a basic function of this role.

I don't really see the point in them taking on other tasks that are assisting the club - we surely have enough staff and volunteers to do this - they are supposed to be first and foremost representing and updating fans on issues.

I think its easy to talk about what they plan to do but once in it takes a lot of time - so free them up to do just this.

Most of the candidates would not be thought of as board material if they weren't positions created to represent the fans. We don't need additional skills which should be covered by the normal process of establishing an effective board.

I'd be in favour of scrapping the idea to be honest.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-01-2017, 12:51 PM
I think Big Frank is an absolute certainty to get re-elected and deservedly so. Amit has done well as SR too.
Tracy has a very good chance and arguably is more in touch with the supporters due to her high social media profile.

I've never heard of her, is her profile that high?
I'd say those with the highest profile to the electorate are Pat, and the two incumbents.
If Pat Stanton is to be elected it should be on what he can bring to the role - not simply who he is.

Beefster
25-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Let's be honest, they are not supporter representatives, they are elected Directors. I was all in favour of it first time around but it's been proven to be a pointless exercise IMHO.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2017, 01:03 PM
I'd say those with the highest profile to the electorate are Pat, and the two incumbents.
If Pat Stanton is to be elected it should be on what he can bring to the role - not simply who he is.

The page she runs has about 14K members. I think she'll do well as she has a huge captive audience.

CMurdoch
25-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Like every Hibs supporter I love Pat Stanton but this is not a role from him.
My votes will go to Amit and Charlene.

Amit has worked the role for 2 years so now knows what the role is about and has a handle on the issues. Continuity is important.
Charlene from her statement has a good youthful energy about her and is a proven modern electronic communicator which has been an issue for us.

wearehibernian
25-01-2017, 01:10 PM
I believe that Gordon Munro is a good candidate. Particularly because of his unwavering commitment to various community projects in Leith.
The club have made some great strides forward in community and fan involvement but I reckon Gordon would add a lot of drive and energy to this.
I'm not a Labour guy either incase anyone is wondering, ha ha.
But some great candidates all in all, so best of luck to whoever gets the job!

et vireta
25-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I want someone who knows something about how a football club works.
Someone who knows what it is like to be a football player.
Someone who knows how a football team works.
Someone who really knows something about football.

We have someone who captained our club, managed our club and was a Scotland Internationalist and Scotland player of the year all whilst at Hibs and he is prepared to serve the club he loves again.

Pat Stanton is a must for me .

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2017, 01:20 PM

We have someone who captained our club, managed our club and was a Scotland Internationalist and Scotland player of the year all whilst at Hibs and he is prepared to serve the club he loves again.

What's your view of his involvement with BuyHibs?

lucky
25-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Tough choice but I just don't think the Pat Stanton should be standing he's a club legend but not the voice of the supporter. He should be on the board in his own right. So it's between the other 8 for me. After first reading of the statements I'm favoring Frank & Gordon. But the others are strong candidates

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2017, 02:18 PM
I probably won't bother to vote this time as my perception of what a fans rep would bring to the table was completely wrong and therefore I see little point in them. That's not a criticism of either of the current reps just my own opinion of their roles and how little it has benefitted me as a fan over the last two years.

JimboHibs
25-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Let's be honest, they are not supporter representatives, they are elected Directors. I was all in favour of it first time around but it's been proven to be a pointless exercise IMHO.

Very much this,regardless of what our concerns are it's pretty obvious not much is being done and this is by no means a dig at the current representatives.

Bostonhibby
25-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Seriously hoping (for any candidate ) that our criteria for voting qualification will include a bit more than being a hibby on Facebook with or without followers.

Last time around the criteria was fine. If anyone who meets that standard want to vote for candidates, no problem.

Bostonhibby
25-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Even allowing for my post above, this is my view on how the original experiment actually ended up after the initial period.

We need to look again when there's a shareholding based seat on the board.

Jack
25-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Hard to disagree with any of that but has he ever done anything around supporting or representing the fans?

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Some good candidates and personal statements. Firstly I think Pat is (wrongly) a dead cert. He is going to get votes due to his name and legendary status with the club as opposed to what he can bring to the role. I don't think he is a better choice than some others and won't be getting my vote.

Of the two current reps Amit will be getting my vote. I have seen him on several occassion in the Hibs Club on his own chatting to fans and is approachable on here and on Social Media. He seems far more contactable than Frank who I've only seen in the club once (and that was with the Scottish Cup) and doesn't seem to interact with fans on social media platforms. I'm a big believer that this is a major part of the role considering its a fans rep!!

Some other good candidates and i'll need to have a think about swcond vote (if it is still 2 votes we get!) but good luck to all in what many see as a poisoned chalice!!

Never see him at an away game in with fans though?

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2017, 03:13 PM
PA/Tannoy - We've made some changes to the system to help improve the sound quality. Whilst, this is more of sticking plaster solution, we need to invest a substantial 6 figure sum to upgrade to an entertainment system which would solve the issue. The cash at the moment is going towards promotion but this is still something the club will look at when the time is right.

Food prices/quality - this has been worked on by the commercial department and the 3rd party kiosk provider. We've seen some improvements in the range but could still be better. We continually feedback on complaints about the quality and service. Some of this has resolved by improved training of staff and also bringing other suppliers (i.e. pie not etc). Still work in progress. Again, if we want to bring in house then likely to have an initial large capital outlay.

ST checks @ home games - this is resolved. The focus is on concession abuse and we'll continue to tackle this. But adult-to-adult transfers shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Online ticket system issues - ticketmaster are aware of the poor service that our supporters have experienced and we are working with them to ensure that online sales are as smooth as possible.

Merchandise - has been a bug-bear for the club and supporters. The 3rd party who runs the shop has disappointed in this respect. The club have stepped in to provide merchandise where it can (without breaching the commercial arrangement) for example DVD, t-shirts (inspired by the Working Together Group) etc. I have confidence that going forward there will be big improvements in this area.

Stadium signage/ Hibs theme - again a focus being worked on by the Working Together group. Expect to see additions with respect to this.

BTG - this is a live discussion and there will hopefully be news on this in the near future.

Singing section - again a live discussion but expect to see big collaborative improvements.

GGTTH

Amit

Can I ask, in what way have you re-invigorated the WTG meetings?

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2017, 03:14 PM
PS is a no for me. Never seen at games, not a vocal person (Hence quiet man monicker), and not sure he would address fans concerns?

Since90+2
25-01-2017, 03:16 PM
IMO at least one of the reps need to have an online presence and be able to communicate with the fans via social media and sites like this.

I am not sure if its Frank and Pat that would be the case.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-01-2017, 03:24 PM

I dont know frank dougan personally, but my impression of him is that he is, almost too hibs focused.

I want someone who has expertise and a track record in their life away from hibs (which shpuld really be the majority of a persons life). My impression is someone who doesnt really have a lot going on other than hibs, which i think is a bit sad.

Ad i said, i dont know him though so itsy impression based on snippets from other people.

Whether or not he has done a good job, i couldnt say because he has never bothered to communicate with me.

I would also say i wont vote for Stanton. Hes a hero, but im not convinced he can add anything to the board.

I liked the sound of gordon munro, and am undecided on who my other vote will be.

Smartie
25-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Within 2 years of Amit being appointed we had the Scottish Cup in the trophy cabinet.

The contributions Alan Stubbs, Anthony Stokes, David Gray, Conrad Logan, Robbie Neilson and James Tavernier all made towards this momentous achievement have been totally overplayed. It was Amit wot won it.

If he managed to scoop the Scottish Cup within his first 2 years I look forward to within the next 2 years Amit delivering the Championship, Premier League, Champions League, Eurovision Song Contest and Crufts to his already impressive list.

No pressure now mate.

Amit
25-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Then biggest change was the format. Previously there was great deal of discussion but a lack of action.

We created focused workstreams/groups which have had positive tangible outcomes. Some work streams will be ongoing (wear your colours, atompshere/stadium improvements, grow the fan base etc) whilst others will be short term (i.e. Fan guide - current ongoing).

Also, we tried to entice new blood through having internal and external guest speakers and whilst this was good it probably didn't have the big impact on numbers. So we are looking at moving some work streams online so supporters who can't make the meetings can still get involved and contribute.

Amit
25-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Within 2 years of Amit being appointed we had the Scottish Cup in the trophy cabinet.

The contributions Alan Stubbs, Anthony Stokes, David Gray, Conrad Logan, Robbie Neilson and James Tavernier all made towards this momentous achievement have been totally overplayed. It was Amit wot won it.

If he managed to scoop the Scottish Cup within his first 2 years I look forward to within the next 2 years Amit delivering the Championship, Premier League, Champions League, Eurovision Song Contest and Crufts to his already impressive list.

No pressure now mate.

No problem fella. Ha ha!

theonlywayisup
25-01-2017, 05:21 PM
It's good to see the quality of those people putting their names forward.

Whatever happens, it will be sad if Frank or Amit lose out. I'm sure both have put their heart and soul into their role at Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
25-01-2017, 05:25 PM
I haven't read the candidates blurbs yet, but even if I do I don't know if I will attempt to vote ...... I'm sure the two current incumbents have given their full attention to the job. I have no idea how difficult it is for them to get fans grievances or ideas paid attention to at board level so really I have no idea if they have done a good job or not.

As for Pat Stanton ...... I share the opinion of a few folk on here that I would rather not see a club legend put himself in the firing line, I could think of nothing worse than 12 months from now reading stuff on here accusing him of not listening to the fans or being accused of being totally out of touch.

What I do agree with is that whoever is elected is going to have to be social media savvy ........ What gets discussed on here or the Bounce or Facebook may not be totally representative of the whole of the Hibernian community, but in the absence of anything better it is probably the best barometer available for anybody who wants to keep up to date with what Hibs fans are thinking and talking about and from that point of view I fail to see why Hibs wouldn't be paying attention to club related social media.

The question is do they pay attention? I don't expect to see Hibs fill in the corners with new supporters bars and jumbotron screens if its suggested on here ..... though I wish they would :greengrin ..... but there are small things that do get mentioned that have little or no cost attached to fix but which bug the fans, one that immediately springs to mind is the scruffy nature of the artificial turf in front of the east stand, that's been mentioned on here quite a few times and yet it remains the same mess it has been since the season started.

IMO the club should be posting on here and the Bounce on a fairly regular basis ....... I do not expect them to appear on threads speculating about player comings and goings or to make statements about criticism of the team, manager or even the board. But on the other hand a wee post in reply to someone pointing out a part of the stadium has gotten scruffy saying its going to be seen to wouldn't hurt.

Months ago Hibs made a huge deal about a partnership with NHS Lothian and a number of other partners which would result in parts of the stadium being utilised by them, mainly it seemed in the Famous Five stand. That stand consists almost entirely of supporters bars on two levels which are very popular on match days ...... in view of that its of interest to supporters what the end game is, will that mean the bars closing and being relocated? If so what is the plan to replace them, does it mean Hibs have plans to build something in the northeast corner? Does it mean something will be built in the currently undeveloped second floor in the east stand?

As I said, its been months since Hibs announced all of this, but since then there hasn't been a peep about how or if this will impact on fans or how it will affect Hibs plans for Easter Road in the months to come ....... It would be nice to get some idea of whats going on.

Amit
25-01-2017, 05:40 PM
scruffy nature of the artificial turf in front of the east stand, that's been mentioned on here quite a few times and yet it remains the same mess it has been since the season started.

Months ago Hibs made a huge deal about a partnership with NHS Lothian and a number of other partners which would result in parts of the stadium being utilised by them, mainly it seemed in the Famous Five stand. That stand consists almost entirely of supporters bars on two levels which are very popular on match days ...... in view of that its of interest to supporters what the end game is, will that mean the bars closing and being relocated? If so what is the plan to replace them, does it mean Hibs have plans to build something in the northeast corner? Does it mean something will be built in the currently undeveloped second floor in the east stand?

As I said, its been months since Hibs announced all of this, but since then there hasn't been a peep about how or if this will impact on fans or how it will affect Hibs plans for Easter Road in the months to come ....... It would be nice to get some idea of whats going on.

Hello!

The condition of the pitch and surrounds are monitored and as part of the ongoing maintenance, any deterioration (not just from an aesthetic point but safety too) will be picked up. Normally this type of work takes place during the close season.

Secondly, the NHS point is a live discussion and hence the lack of update from the Club.

GGTTH

Amit

PatHead
25-01-2017, 05:52 PM

Tracey does attend away games. Lives for hibs and is not scared to voice her opinion. She does run her own business though and has a young family though which could limit her ability to do the job. Easy to contact as well. Will give her serious consideration

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2017, 06:52 PM

Where did he say that?

andyf5
25-01-2017, 06:55 PM
The page she runs has about 14K members. I think she'll do well as she has a huge captive audience.

what page?

Brooster
25-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Thats exactly it Andy. They need to be in touch and the current reps are not in touch. Our supporters club requests are never ever answered. They will no doubt pop up on this thread because it suits but in my opinion it is time for change.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2017, 06:57 PM

Even at Tiny?

Pretty Boy
25-01-2017, 06:57 PM
what page?

Hibs Fans News I think it's called. The one Andy Gillies is involved in.

Not sure if she is still involved but she was certainly an admin on there until very recently.

andyf5
25-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Hibs Fans News I think it's called. The one Andy Gillies is involved in.

Not sure if she is still involved but she was certainly an admin on there until very recently.

found this https://www.facebook.com/groups/682116121809885/ but no mention of her. I stick to hibs.net

O'Rourke3
25-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Can't stand Eastenders..

Been a lot of great points regarding the candidates, the incumbents and their feedback already. Amit must have posted half a dozen times already today, all of which was interesting and unlikely to cause confidentiality problems. Stuff like this every week would make me more likely to vote for him again but I have to say the feedback from the reps for the fans has been poor, even if their performance hasn't been. I don't think we got anything near what we thought we were getting.

Baldy Foghorn
25-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Where did he say that?

Statement on Hibs site Today

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Can't stand Eastenders..

Been a lot of great points regarding the candidates, the incumbents and their feedback already. Amit must have posted half a dozen times already today, all of which was interesting and unlikely to cause confidentiality problems. Stufevery week would make me more likely to vote for him again but I have to say the feedback from the reps for the fans has been poor, even if their performance hasn't been. I don't think we got anything near what we thought we were getting.

:agree: it's not a match report I want from the fans reps it's an update on what they've been involved in.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Statement on Hibs site Today

:aok: I've not read the statements yet - I thought you were quoting something he'd said in his post.

WhileTheChief..
25-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Kinda wish there was an option to vote for no one. I think the whole exercise is a waste of time.

I definitely don't want a councillor on our board. There just can't be any good at all to come from involving a politician, let alone one from Edinburgh council.

A massive no from me.

Bishop Hibee
25-01-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't think it's a waste of time. Dempster and co are savvy enough to listen to the reps and take action on what they think is in the best interests of the club.

I bump into Frank regularly and he's always willing to talk Hibs, the good and the bad. I also know Gordon Munro and while a good bloke and hardworking councillor, I feel he's got an awful lot on his plate to be taking this on too.

bigwheel
25-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Kinda wish there was an option to vote for no one. I think the whole exercise is a waste of time.

I definitely don't want a councillor on our board. There just can't be any good at all to come from involving a politician, let alone one from Edinburgh council.

A massive no from me.

I can't take the view that it is a waste of time seriously ...surely having the likes of a frank and Amit representing fans views on the board is a good thing. The only time I reached out to Amit on a charity related matter he was excellent at connecting in the club and gaining support for that particular topic

I can understand people wanting more or being underwhelmed...but to say it is a waste of time doesn't stand up to scrutiny ...we are surely better of being represented than not at all

marinello59
25-01-2017, 07:41 PM
I didn't vote last time and won't be this time. Once a supporters rep is elected to the board they become just another director. If the club don't know what the fans think by reading the masses of info on the various forums etc then they never will.

WhileTheChief..
25-01-2017, 08:07 PM
I can't take the view that it is a waste of time seriously ...surely having the likes of a frank and Amit representing fans views on the board is a good thing. The only time I reached out to Amit on a charity related matter he was excellent at connecting in the club and gaining support for that particular topic

I can understand people wanting more or being underwhelmed...but to say it is a waste of time doesn't stand up to scrutiny ...we are surely better of being represented than not at all

Why do you feel the need to be represented??

If they weren't there you would reach out to the club directly. The board members can be contacted easily enough.

More members on the board means more discussion and decisions by committee. Less is more!

I'd much rather LD and Co got on with running things the way they wanted instead of having to think about the fans all the time. We don't need to have a say in everything.

The board get feedback from social media constantly and know exactly what the fans concerns are whether it's the tannoy, the shop, the pies or any number of things that we all bump our gums about.

Why do they need to be on the board? If they have something to offer and are passionate about it, then why not just help out voluntarily? Self interest and ego maybe? Looks good on the cv?

Anyways, I appreciate that the club want to continue with it so fair enough. I just think it's a waste of time!

bigwheel
25-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Why do you feel the need to be represented??

If they weren't there you would reach out to the club directly. The board members can be contacted easily enough.

More members on the board means more discussion and decisions by committee. Less is more!

I'd much rather LD and Co got on with running things the way they wanted instead of having to think about the fans all the time. We don't need to have a say in everything.

The board get feedback from social media constantly and know exactly what the fans concerns are whether it's the tannoy, the shop, the pies or any number of things that we all bump our gums about.

Why do they need to be on the board? If they have something to offer and are passionate about it, then why not just help out voluntarily? Self interest and ego maybe? Looks good on the cv?

Anyways, I appreciate that the club want to continue with it so fair enough. I just think it's a waste of time!

Because I want a fan or two who can represent the voice of the Hibs fans on the board ...and can communicate back to us - think it is a great idea ...

Not saying it's currently perfect - but much better with it than Without ...done well it can be very useful for both the fans and the club...

PatHead
25-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Thanks for voting for me last time. I didn't stand this time as I changed jobs about a year ago and have a lot of family commitments over the next 6 months. To me it is not a position to take if you cannot be dedicated to it. I couldn't commit to that time.

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Amit seems to be very active on here tonight. Answering questions that should have been addressed weeks/months ago. Is there an election coming soon?

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Amit seems to be very active on here tonight. Answering questions that should have been addressed weeks/months ago. Is there an election coming soon?

I don't think so otherwise the other 8 candidates would be promoting themselves as well?

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't think so otherwise the other 8 candidates would be promoting themselves as well?

But the other candidates apart from FD can't answer these issues as they are yet to be appointed. He is still a director. All these points answered tonight have been ongoing issues and had months to answer.

Amit
25-01-2017, 08:40 PM

Always keep an eye on the forums (daily - Tapatalk app really helps)! I try to answer as many questions where possible particularly if I've been tagged etc.

Although, I do agree there needs to be a more formal and regular feedback mechanism. So everyone on the forum(s) see the responses not just the individuals asking the questions [emoji1417]

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2017, 08:43 PM
But the other candidates apart from FD can't answer these issues as they are yet to be appointed. He is still a director. All these points answered tonight have been ongoing issues and had months to answer.

Wonder why Frank's not bothering?

If I was one of the other 6 I'd be promoting myself and stating my intentions. Unless I was Pat Stanton and knew I'd get voted in either way.

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Wonder why Frank's not bothering?

If I was one of the other 6 I'd be promoting myself and stating my intentions. Unless I was Pat Stanton and knew I'd get voted in either way.

I only know FD to say hello to. Unfortunately i dont think he is up with the modern technology. Think you will find the same with PayPal Stanton

GreenCastle
25-01-2017, 09:36 PM

GGTTH

Amit

Thanks Amit again for taking the time to reply in detail about what is happening.

I understand the priority is on the pitch - hopefully the PA / Tannoy can be sorted and I am amazed it wasn't properly fitted when the East was built.

Food - this has been terrible for years - I don't work in catering but seems other away stadiums seem to do it better than us. I think Dunfermline would be worth checking out as seems reasonable priced and as decent quality you will get.

Ticketmaster - the derby away end tickets are going to be like gold dust - hopefully the system is sorted to cope.

Merchandise - I look forward to the improvements in summer for next season.

Stadium - hopefully more can be done to give it more of a Hibs feel but keeping it smart - I like the idea of local artists being allowed to do murals inside the stands and it's great to see we finally got the crest back on the Main Stand but think more signage is still needed externally.

BTG - I look forward to improvements here also.

Stadium atmosphere / section - the drum and signing section have been a massive positive in the last few years at ER - hopefully it keeps growing and more flags etc are displayed at back of East etc on match days to add colour and that Hibs feel to games.

Wish you all the best in the campaign - thanks to you and Frank for the efforts in difficult position where I can imagine your hands are tied quite often.

NAE NOOKIE
25-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Hello!

The condition of the pitch and surrounds are monitored and as part of the ongoing maintenance, any deterioration (not just from an aesthetic point but safety too) will be picked up. Normally this type of work takes place during the close season.

Secondly, the NHS point is a live discussion and hence the lack of update from the Club.

GGTTH

Amit

Thanks Amit:

I don't know why something that is enough of an eyesore that fans are already commenting on it cant be dealt with without having to wait for the close season, its not as if we would have to shut the stadium to do it. As I said on another thread even small things like this appearing to be ignored or left till later reflect badly on the clubs image and more importantly its pride in itself.

As for the NHS deal ...... fair enough, I wasn't aware that the discussions were still ongoing. There has been a fair amount of speculation as to what the final proposal will mean to the fans in so far as how or if the behind the goals bar will be affected. The impression seems to be that the FF stand will be where any facilities given over to this project will be located and if that's the case will there still be a supporters bar within the stadium and if so where will it be located. I appreciate you may not have, or may not be able to, give any details at the moment so we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Andy74
25-01-2017, 10:58 PM
I only know FD to say hello to. Unfortunately i dont think he is up with the modern technology. Think you will find the same with PayPal Stanton

Must be fairly up with technology to earn that nickname.

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Must be fairly up with technology to earn that nickname.

Oops Pat Stanton

andyf5
26-01-2017, 05:19 AM
Always keep an eye on the forums (daily - Tapatalk app really helps)! I try to answer as many questions where possible particularly if I've been tagged etc.

Although, I do agree there needs to be a more formal and regular feedback mechanism. So everyone on the forum(s) see the responses not just the individuals asking the questions [emoji1417]

To be honest I have not seen you on here much. Perhaps a monthly thread started by you would be helpful as you suggest. The season ticket checking thing was annoying and I would have liked to have been able to contact you as our voice. Having read the role description I appreciate there is a lot you have done in your own time over the last two years and thank you for that.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2017, 11:50 AM
To be honest I have not seen you on here much. Perhaps a monthly thread started by you would be helpful as you suggest. The season ticket checking thing was annoying and I would have liked to have been able to contact you as our voice. Having read the role description I appreciate there is a lot you have done in your own time over the last two years and thank you for that.

I'm not sure why anybody would find it annoying ...... the check was clearly brought in to look out for people using concession tickets who weren't entitled to do so, something the club had allowed to slide for years. The only thing Hibs got wrong when it comes to this issue is the timing of it, in fairness to the fans it should have been announced that they were going to tighten up on this at the very start of the season ticket campaign for 16/17 instead of days before the first home game of the season.

I doubt anybody would argue that in some cases adults were buying kids season tickets with the intention of using them at every game, in the sure and certain knowledge that the chances of being discovered were slim to none.
A few years back our group was supposed to consist of two adults and three kids .... after the first game of that season kid number 3 decided that she wasn't really interested in football and rather than waste the ticket her mum was persuaded that she might enjoy the Easter Road experience ...... it turned out she did and used the ticket for the whole of that season without once being checked. From the following season she upgraded to an adult ticket and has been a regular ever since.

I would say that in the end Hibs benefitted from this because if said adult had needed to pay full whack for a season ticket from the word go she would never have been prepared to pay that amount of money for something she might not enjoy ... because she did enjoy it Hibs have sold a few seasons of adult STs to her on the back of it .... That doesn't make it right, but its an ill wind as they say.

Whatever the case, its pretty clear that for whatever reason Hibs had identified a problem that was beginning to become a concern and you can hardly blame them from taking steps to nip it in the bud.

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2017, 10:13 AM
I dont know frank dougan personally, but my impression of him is that he is, almost too hibs focused.

I want someone who has expertise and a track record in their life away from hibs (which shpuld really be the majority of a persons life). My impression is someone who doesnt really have a lot going on other than hibs, which i think is a bit sad.

Ad i said, i dont know him though so itsy impression based on snippets from other people.

Whether or not he has done a good job, i couldnt say because he has never bothered to communicate with me.

I would also say i wont vote for Stanton. Hes a hero, but im not convinced he can add anything to the board.

I liked the sound of gordon munro, and am undecided on who my other vote will be.

Too Hibs focussed, what's wrong with that:confused:

How is it sad? Have you tried to contact him?

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2017, 10:59 AM
One of the candidates tweeting "celebrities" asking for votes, wee bit desperate no?

scoopyboy
27-01-2017, 11:06 AM
One of the candidates tweeting "celebrities" asking for votes, wee bit desperate no?

How have they tweeted you and no me mate?:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2017, 11:08 AM
How have they tweeted you and no me mate?:greengrin

Haha no mate......Nobody tweets me:rolleyes:

HappyHibeeAG
27-01-2017, 11:28 AM
found this https://www.facebook.com/groups/682116121809885/ but no mention of her. I stick to hibs.net

Tracey has stepped down from Admin duties on Fans News to run for the rep position. A massive loss to us but if successful would be a huge success for us Hibs Fans.

Tracey is a devoted Hibee and spends all available time at Hibs, wether at games or at meetings, she is heavily involved in the Working Together group and acts as Secretary.

Tracey was a big part of making the Fans News facebook group a huge success and was a big part of ensuring it was family friendly for ALL age of fans.

Obviously very active on social media and attends a high percentage of home and away games.

Personally I feel a partnership of Tracey and Frank would be a huge benefit to the Fans and the club.

Andy.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Tracey has stepped down from Admin duties on Fans News to run for the rep position. A massive loss to us but if successful would be a huge success for us Hibs Fans.

Tracey is a devoted Hibee and spends all available time at Hibs, wether at games or at meetings, she is heavily involved in the Working Together group and acts as Secretary.

Tracey was a big part of making the Fans News facebook group a huge success and was a big part of ensuring it was family friendly for ALL age of fans.

Obviously very active on social media and attends a high percentage of home and away games.

Personally I feel a partnership of Tracey and Frank would be a huge benefit to the Fans and the club.

Andy.

Thanks for that.

I wasn't stirring it by mentioning Tracey was involved with Fans News, I was just sure she had been.

HappyHibeeAG
27-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Thanks for that.

I wasn't stirring it by mentioning Tracey was involved with Fans News, I was just sure she had been.

No Suggestion you were bud. I just wanted to let folk know why they should vote for her 👍

traceyhibs
27-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Hi its Tracey Smith. To be honest I've never posted on here before. I do read a lot on here and not going to say I agree with everyone's opinions just as I didn't on Hibs Fans News but I always believe everyone's opinion matters. Would be a sad world if we all agreed. I have a mixed age family. 3 girls with the eldest being 18 and then I have an 11 year old and a 5 year old. My 5 year old is the more social and loudest at the games. She has a real love for Hibs already which is great. I think Frank and Amit have done a great job. They came in at a time where the club was making a lot of positive changes but were still getting a lot of criticism and a lot of supporters were sceptical. I also think Frank and Amit compliment each other as they both bring something different to the table. I do think they would feel they had unfinished work as it's been a
Learning curve. I am always online as my business is Virtual so can interact that way but not everyone is on Social Media so I am aware of that too. It's getting the balance right and being available to all. I have learned to work my business to give me a bit more freedom so I wouldn't have gone ahead with the process if I couldn't commit fully. My husband is a Celtic supporter (boo) but our household is all about Hibs and he's always been supportive of that.For me football is more than just about watching the game it's the social side and the friendships we make whilst at a game. I lost my step-dad last January through vascular dementia and although he couldn't remember a lot of things we still had a connection because of Hibs. Without that I would have lost him long before. Not everyone is going to like me and that's fine but I am passionate about this club and will do my best to get everyone's points across. Sometimes there are things the Club just won't be able to do but I will always let you know that I've fed back to the club and where we are at with that. I currently get a lot of messages from supporters on FB or Twitter asking simple questions or to feed something back at the Working Together meetings and I always do. Sometimes it's about tickets or the shop.I wouldn't give my clients bad customer service so believe it's important to feedback even if there isn't an answer. With Working Together we are trying to make it more accessible to fans who can't attend the meetings but still want to be involved which is great. Really is a great platform for fans to interact with the club. Look I'm not sure if I'll even get close to being elected as there are some great candidates there. All different. I'm going to be more nervous standing on a stage with Pat Stanton the Legend! After reading some of the comments just wanted to introduce myself as know I'm not well known. I am not an admin anymore on Fans News. That was my decision but the admins have become really good friends so I am still active as a member. Something if elected I would be on here. A great platform also for fan interaction. Sorry to hijack the post! [emoji172][emoji460]

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2017, 12:23 PM
I've read all the submissions by the reps and the one thing that stands out is that they all appear to have skills acquired outside of football that would come in useful as board members ....... I was particularly struck by the submission from Gordon Munro and that he was involved at a high level with the Edinburgh festival, attracting more tourists through the doors has been something discussed on here a few times ... perhaps he would have some ideas on that.
I was always impressed by the brilliant view of the stadium you get from Calton hill, a site visited by thousands of tourists every year and yet there is no indication of who plays there ...... a big neon sign on top of the west stand reading 'Hibernian Football Club' might be a good idea.

I'm not particularly a fan of positive discrimination, but perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a woman in one of these roles ... Since I started attending matches in the mid 70s I have been struck by what seems to be the year upon year increase of women and girls attending our games, just look at the cup final crowd to see what I mean.

Having a woman in a fans rep role who can look at all the things surrounding matches at ER from a female perspective could be a really good thing ..... lets not forget we are talking about 50% of the population and that is a market that any business would be foolish to ignore. How often do you read stories from folk saying their dad, uncle or brother first started taking them to ER?
There are many men out there who don't have enough interest in football to take their kids to games and in the vast majority of single parent families that single parent is a woman ..... if there were more mums, aunties and sisters out there interested in football who would take kids to ER in the absence of the traditional male role model perhaps in years to come it would grow our overall support quite a bit.

Whoever gets elected IMO there was enough about the rest of the candidates to make me think that rather than just have two fans reps on the board it might even be an idea to have some sort of 'sub board' that could utilise the expertise of all of these useful sounding people whose input could be discussed with the two main fans reps before they go to the main board meetings.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Hi its Tracey Smith. To be honest I've never posted on here before. I do read a lot on here and not going to say I agree with everyone's opinions just as I didn't on Hibs Fans News but I always believe everyone's opinion matters. Would be a sad world if we all agreed. I have a mixed age family. 3 girls with the eldest being 18 and then I have an 11 year old and a 5 year old. My 5 year old is the more social and loudest at the games. She has a real love for Hibs already which is great. I think Frank and Amit have done a great job. They came in at a time where the club was making a lot of positive changes but were still getting a lot of criticism and a lot of supporters were sceptical. I also think Frank and Amit compliment each other as they both bring something different to the table. I do think they would feel they had unfinished work as it's been a
Learning curve. I am always online as my business is Virtual so can interact that way but not everyone is on Social Media so I am aware of that too. It's getting the balance right and being available to all. I have learned to work my business to give me a bit more freedom so I wouldn't have gone ahead with the process if I couldn't commit fully. My husband is a Celtic supporter (boo) but our household is all about Hibs and he's always been supportive of that.For me football is more than just about watching the game it's the social side and the friendships we make whilst at a game. I lost my step-dad last January through vascular dementia and although he couldn't remember a lot of things we still had a connection because of Hibs. Without that I would have lost him long before. Not everyone is going to like me and that's fine but I am passionate about this club and will do my best to get everyone's points across. Sometimes there are things the Club just won't be able to do but I will always let you know that I've fed back to the club and where we are at with that. I currently get a lot of messages from supporters on FB or Twitter asking simple questions or to feed something back at the Working Together meetings and I always do. Sometimes it's about tickets or the shop.I wouldn't give my clients bad customer service so believe it's important to feedback even if there isn't an answer. With Working Together we are trying to make it more accessible to fans who can't attend the meetings but still want to be involved which is great. Really is a great platform for fans to interact with the club. Look I'm not sure if I'll even get close to being elected as there are some great candidates there. All different. I'm going to be more nervous standing on a stage with Pat Stanton the Legend! After reading some of the comments just wanted to introduce myself as know I'm not well known. I am not an admin anymore on Fans News. That was my decision but the admins have become really good friends so I am still active as a member. Something if elected I would be on here. A great platform also for fan interaction. Sorry to hijack the post! [emoji172][emoji460]

LTYF :greengrin

Seriously though Tracey, I think you're post here kind of supports the point I was making about having a female fans rep .... by the sound of it if it was up to hubby the kids would be walking about in green & white hoops .... you sound like a classic example of a strong female role model getting her kids along to Easter Road and protecting them from the dark side. My best friend who is a female Hibby brought up her kids in the faith, in spite of her Rangers supporting husband, and took those kids to games for years.

As I said, it can only be a good thing to have a bigger female presence at boardroom level with ideas of how to encourage more women to attend games and to point out what needs to be done to make ER a more female friendly environment on matchdays .... I appreciate that probably isn't the main idea behind you standing as a fans rep, but at least you would be bringing a female perspective to the table and anything that helps encourage more women to have an interest in the club cant be a bad thing.

It may have been a one off, but its hard to ignore the fact that 2,500 people turned out to watch Hibs ladies play Bayern Munich and that a large proportion of that crowd were women and girls .... as I said, its a market Hibs would be stupid to ignore.

At the moment the club does pay lip service to its female support, I for one would like to see a much more dynamic and forward thinking approach used to attract female supporters.

traceyhibs
27-01-2017, 01:10 PM
LTYF :greengrin

Seriously though Tracey, I think you're post here kind of supports the point I was making about having a female fans rep .... by the sound of it if it was up to hubby the kids would be walking about in green & white hoops .... you sound like a classic example of a strong female role model getting her kids along to Easter Road and protecting them from the dark side. My best friend who is a female Hibby brought up her kids in the faith, in spite of her Rangers supporting husband, and took those kids to games for years.

As I said, it can only be a good thing to have a bigger female presence at boardroom level with ideas of how to encourage more women to attend games and to point out what needs to be done to make ER a more female friendly environment on matchdays .... I appreciate that probably isn't the main idea behind you standing as a fans rep, but at least you would be bringing a female perspective to the table and anything that helps encourage more women to have an interest in the club cant be a bad thing.

It may have been a one off, but its hard to ignore the fact that 2,500 people turned out to watch Hibs ladies play Bayern Munich and that a large proportion of that crowd were women and girls .... as I said, its a market Hibs would be stupid to ignore.

At the moment the club does pay lip service to its female support, I for one would like to see a much more dynamic and forward thinking approach used to attract female supporters.

Thank you. My hubby has tried on a few occasions to get the girls to see Celtic but they want to come and see the Hibees. My five year likes to wind him up as well. All good banter. Would be great to see more women at the game. It has increased but still quite low from what I believe. In saying that queues for the ladies have certainly got longer lol

Pete
27-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Too Hibs focussed, what's wrong with that:confused:

The less other stuff going on in their lives the better in my opinion as it gives them more time to dedicate to the role.
As for the candidates, I like them all (again). However, the only thing I want to hear is how many times they will communicate online with us. We don't all drink in the Hibs club or have St.Pats membership.

At least one of them has to commit to something like a weekly/ fortnightly email, blog or Q&A session. It's the most effective way to gauge the opinions of those who can't easily meet someone face to face or can't attend much for whatever reason.

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2017, 05:49 PM
The less other stuff going on in their lives the better in my opinion as it gives them more time to dedicate to the role.
As for the candidates, I like them all (again). However, the only thing I want to hear is how many times they will communicate online with us. We don't all drink in the Hibs club or have St.Pats membership.

At least one of them has to commit to something like a weekly/ fortnightly email, blog or Q&A session. It's the most effective way to gauge the opinions of those who can't easily meet someone face to face or can't attend much for whatever reason.

This with bells on. A lot of Hibbies live outside of Edinburgh and cant exactly pop into the Hibs club for a chat during the week .... behind the goals might be a good place for a meet and greet before matches, but as I've said before unless you get there about two hours before kick off you aint getting a table, one of my gripes about the place actually.

Swedish hibee
27-01-2017, 06:45 PM
I hope some new folk are elected with new ideas and a fresh voice on things. Change is always a good thing!

trev the hat
27-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Deary me 😳

To add some content I'd like to add that I only actually know 3 people on this list

Pat Stanton
Frank Dougan
Amit Moudgil

Pat would unequivocally be my 1st choice
Frank has been a figure I've seen home & away for 30+ years & has engaged very well in the last 12 months as has Amit.

Personally I'd like to see proposals from respected forum users such as
GORDONSMITH7
FranckSuzy
BaldyFoghorn

Hopefully all 3 don't mind me quoting their usernames as any of them would excell without doubt should they have sufficient time to devote in the future IMO.

Brizo
28-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Frank and Amit have been very visible in the Hibs club and at supporters club events. I also know that Franks presence at funerals and supporting the sick and bereaved has also been much appreciated.

But I cant think of any material changes or new policies that that have been implemented by the Board which have been pushed through specifically on the back of Frank and Amit passing on fan concerns at the top table. In that regard I think fans have to be realistic in the remit their reps actually have and candidates coming on here selling themselves have to be honest with fans about what influence they will have at Board level.

I have only skimmed the last four pages but if this is like the last "campaign" we will see all sorts of people who have never been on the mbs flooding them with their proposals and Hibernian cvs. Post election, many will disappear from the boards and if, like Amit, they are elected the post election post count will plummet. Regarding cvs, my cynical view is that for certain people a lot of standing for these roles is as much to do with boosting their 9 to 5 career cv and showing "community engagement", as it is with the Hibs.

I only know the same three candidates as the previous poster. In my view Pat should be above "politics". He should have a permanent "life president" role at the club. I wouldn't want him to be elected as I wouldn't want his image tarnished by unrealistic fan expectations he cant deliver.

In my view Frank and Amit should have stood down and cleared the path to give different supporters the opportunity to be elected. That's no reflection on what they've done in the last two years, albeit I think the realty of the "role" is very limited and one with very little genuine influence at board level.

Leith Mo
28-01-2017, 09:41 AM
I was one of the guys who stood last time and luckily wasn't successful as due to ill health last year I couldn't have done the role justice and have missed far too many games and Hibs events as a result. I also say "luckily" in that I think Amit and Frank have done a far better job than I could have done. Much of that has been done discretely (as the role demands) and I can only comment from my own personal experience. As a fan who helped run travel for supporters last season the help received from Amit was invaluable in resolving real day to day fan issues. On numerous occasions I've asked him questions,made suggestions and had a bit of Hibs banter along the way and at all times effort has been made to reply, resolve, clarify or act upon what was being spoken about. At no point was confidentiality breached and at all times in Club related issues professionalism was maintained by Amit. In short, his 1st two years have had a direct positive impact on this supporter and those who have travelled with me - but that's not something that he sought nor would wish publicity for. I see a lot of fairly cynical sounding posts on here saying "what difference have Amit and Frank made?" well, whilst it may not be at a level those people expect I can certainly vouch for a positive difference having been made to this supporter and his pals' matchday experience.
Frank is and always will be a "well kent Hibee" who has given so much to the Club we all love. I've met him a few times but had no real interaction with him in his Board role aside from having seen him checking on ticket queues and at a couple of funerals where I'm sure not only his personal but also a visible Club presence was appreciated. On the face of things he has done a lot of work behind the scenes and I'm sure will have assisted many fans in much the same way as Amit has done as indicated above.
I've read all the profiles with interest and all have something to offer. Pat Stanton is in my opinion the greatest living former player we have who deserves a higher position within our Club than that to which he seeks election - but I think many will find it difficult not to vote for him. He would undoubtedly do a great job but I just (it saddens me to even say it) don't think this is the right role for him.
I'm inclined to go for change in one of the roles & believe that Charlene or Tracy would be ideal agents for change. The other role should remain with Amit (I think thete should be a two term limit) to ensure continuity,a good handover and simply because of personal experience. No disrespect intended to Frank who has by most accounts done a great job and nor to the other candidates, but Amit has enhanced this and a bus load of other supporters matchday experience more than once. For that I would urge you to Persevere in supporting the man.

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Frank and Amit have been very visible in the Hibs club and at supporters club events. I also know that Franks presence at funerals and supporting the sick and bereaved has also been much appreciated.

But I cant think of any material changes or new policies that that have been implemented by the Board which have been pushed through specifically on the back of Frank and Amit passing on fan concerns at the top table. In that regard I think fans have to be realistic in the remit their reps actually have and candidates coming on here selling themselves have to be honest with fans about what influence they will have at Board level.

I have only skimmed the last four pages but if this is like the last "campaign" we will see all sorts of people who have never been on the mbs flooding them with their proposals and Hibernian cvs. Post election, many will disappear from the boards and if, like Amit, they are elected the post election post count will plummet. Regarding cvs, my cynical view is that for certain people a lot of standing for these roles is as much to do with boosting their 9 to 5 career cv and showing "community engagement", as it is with the Hibs.

I only know the same three candidates as the previous poster. want hisIn my view Pat should be above "politics". He should have a permanent "life president" role at the club. I wouldn't want him to be elected as I wouldn't image tarnished by unrealistic fan expectations he cant deliver.

In my view Frank and Amit should have stood down and cleared the path to give different supporters the opportunity to be elected. That's no reflection on what they've done in the last two years, albeit I think the realty of the "role" is very limited and one with very little genuine influence at board level.

This is a great idea ....... lots of clubs on the continent do this and I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before ... with the passing of the famous five Pat Stanton is without doubt the nearest we have to a living legend, the embodiment of the club .... Creating the position of honourary life president or something similar would be a fitting tribute to him.

Like you I do not relish the thought of Pat ending up on the receiving end of abuse or ridicule from fans as a result of being voted into one of these reps roles, or ending up in a position where he and the board end up falling out making it difficult or uncomfortable for him to be around the club.

He managed to survive being part of the demonstrations against the board two years ago and its testament to his value to the club and the regard he is held in that he appears to have been welcomed back by the folk he was demonstrating against, I doubt many folk, even former players, could have managed that trick at most clubs.

andyf5
28-01-2017, 11:13 AM
(I think thete should be a two term limit) to ensure continuity,a good handover and simply because of personal experience. No disrespect intended to Frank who has by most accounts done a great job and nor to the other candidates, but Amit has enhanced this and a bus load of other supporters matchday experience more than once. For that I would urge you to Persevere in supporting the man.

I agree with the 2 year tenure. Frank does a different job to Amit but equally important. If all the candidates are stepping up to help hibs why do they need to be on the board? Interesting what you said about Amit. I was going to vote Tracey instead but now I'm not so sure. I wish other elections had so many good candidates.

Leith Mo
28-01-2017, 04:50 PM
I agree with the 2 year tenure. Frank does a different job to Amit but equally important. If all the candidates are stepping up to help hibs why do they need to be on the board? Interesting what you said about Amit. I was going to vote Tracey instead but now I'm not so sure. I wish other elections had so many good candidates.

Hi Andy as I said I can only speak from personal experience of dealing with Amit which has always been positive. Whoever is elected has a tough role and will need our support - having one of the "original 2" will assist that so I think Amit is the man for the job (again no disrespect to Frank who I'm sure has also given his all on our behalf nor the other candidates).

lord bunberry
28-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Am I right in saying that one of the candidates lives London

marinello59
28-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Am I right in saying that one of the candidates lives London

Yeap. And given the problems that out of town supporters occasionally encounter it's maybe not a bad thing.

lord bunberry
28-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Yeap. And given the problems that out of town supporters occasionally encounter it's maybe not a bad thing.

It would be a bit of a negative for me.

marinello59
28-01-2017, 05:02 PM
It would be a bit of a negative for me.

I can see how it would be for a lot of people.

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 05:05 PM

Surely it is a low percentage of out of town fans.

marinello59
28-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Surely it is a low percentage of out of town fans.

More than likely. But for the small number of us who are it's a positive. I can see how it might be off putting for others.

Forza Fred
29-01-2017, 10:32 AM

We overseas fans don't get a vote, and maybe that is the reason that both previous incumbents did not exactly go out of their way to expend any energy when I raised an issue with them.

As someone said previously, not everybody drinks in the Hibsclub, so the level of communication from my point of view has been extremely disappointing.

It is 2017 and I really think that the regular use of social media, to reach the vast majority of fans..irrespective of where they may be, .is essential.

I know Frank doesn't post, and am not sure what Sir Pat's plans are if successful, but really, in this day and age I think it essential that they regularly communicate with the mainstream.

Forza Fred
29-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Hi Andy as I said I can only speak from personal experience of dealing with Amit which has always been positive. Whoever is elected has a tough role and will need our support - having one of the "original 2" will assist that so I think Amit is the man for the job (again no disrespect to Frank who I'm sure has also given his all on our behalf nor the other candidates).

I'm not so sure that following the 'model' set by Amit and Frank is necessarily the way to go.

Several people on here have expressed the view that rather than representing the fans view to the board, they have instead represented the board's view to the fans.

A different approach may be more beneficial this time round, less the concept simply end up being another couple of resources to carry out tasks that the existing board don't fancy.

We've had a bit of a dream run as far as harmony goes with the board...due mainly to our Scottish Cup success, but I see the role as being in some instances a 'devil's advocate' type role, and while obviously they should not seek confrontation for confrontation's sake, Nor should they necessarily avoid pushing an alternative view to what the board may consider the best way to go.

C Feeney-Seale
29-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Hi all,

I'm one of the 9 candidates, and I do indeed live in London.

I don't think this limits my ability to perform the role of fan representative however, should I be successful.

I have traveled to watch Hibs for years, having studied in Aberdeen and Germany, and lived in London, but still maintained my season ticket throughout this time. I'm not at every game, but I do get to home and away games every year. I also work from Edinburgh on occasion, and so can definitely commit to being able to attend all board meetings, as well as meeting fans at club events and games.

Attending games is important of course - we want a fan rep who understands the match day experience home and away, but I don't think this is the sole requirement for the role. Relying on fans approaching you and speaking with you at games will only ever capture a small proportion of all fans thoughts on any issue. If selected, I want to have a fuller dialogue with as many fans as possible. To that end, I'll summarise all discussions I have and share this with fans before board meetings, and also ensure that fans see what the results of these discussions are through giving debriefs and having minutes written up after board meetings. I'll use as many channels as I can to ensure that as many as possible can access these - online forums, social media and I'll look into options for those who prefer offline versions.

Cheers,

Charlene

Stantons Angel
29-01-2017, 09:55 PM

Your personal experience has been dealing with only one of the two representatives the fans voted on to the board previously.
Although they have had different roles to play and have did their jobs admirably there are still a few fans on here who are quick to ridicule either one of them.
I personally think that living in London will limit your votes, keeping your season ticket is one thing and going to some home and away games is another. IMO you have to have that buzz of what is going on and be able to communicate that to others from being there sharing the flash points

Flying in and out for board meetings and for scheduled appointments with supporters groups may compromise your ability to really digest what the board and the other rep are trying to achieve and also cause some conflict with your own job? Our fans reps have attended many funerals and undertook hospital visits on behalf of the club. The recipients and their families have been very grateful to have had someone from the club present. How would this fit in with your time table and agendas? Its something that id hope the club would continue and the fans rep would feel was an Honorable thing to do.

In your own job you will have come up against bias towards you being a woman and a woman in football is sometimes thought of as an inferior being that "should be at home doing the dishes or getting your mans tea ready!" I am in no way demeaning being a woman and i know we are built of sterner stuff.
This though is some of the personal insults that may be thrown your way by the less educated Hibs' supporter. How would you cope with this sort of statement being shouted at you in public?

Looking at the other contestants what do you think you can bring me the supporter that they cant?

Its not a position to be taken lightly and you are right it is a hard job to do and at times the heart might rule the head.

If you are elected i wish you best of luck and hope you enjoy your time on the board.

ekhibee
29-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Most of the candidates seem to be well qualified enough to become a fan's rep, and it was interesting to read what they had to say. If I was to pick 2 it would probably be Charlene, because she's young, enthusiastic and obviously a bright cookie who's done well in her chosen profession. She took the trouble to join our forum and tried to answer a few questions too, and no doubt with more experience in dealing with the Hibs board she could be a welcome addition. The other one was Duncan Maxwell, because of his experience in banking etc. I reckon a lot of people, like me can find the financial aspects of Hibs way over their heads at times, and this would be a chance to have somebody on the board who could provide information to the fans on the way the club is run financially, and to put forward proposals made by the fans in that respect.

But whoever the fans pick, I'm sure they'll be welcomed, whether they decide to stick with the current 2 or bring in 2 newbies.

Speedy
30-01-2017, 06:14 AM
I agree with the comments on Pat. I don't think he should be on the board as a fans rep, no problem with him joining the board but it shouldn't use one of those positions.

There are others there with a lot to offer.

et vireta
30-01-2017, 06:49 AM
I agree with the comments on Pat. I don't think he should be on the board as a fans rep, no problem with him joining the board but it shouldn't use one of those positions.

There are others there with a lot to offer.

We've waited over 20 years to get him on the board. The club have never appointed him to the board.
Let us as the fans "appoint" him to the board. In the fullness of time the club might see what they have been missing.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2017, 06:58 AM
We've waited over 20 years to get him on the board. The club have never appointed him to the board.
Let us as the fans "appoint" him to the board. In the fullness of time the club might see what they have been missing.
I'm confused.

You want Pat appointed, yet your previous post said that you would vote for 2 others.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

JimboHibs
30-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Most of the candidates seem to be well qualified enough to become a fan's rep, and it was interesting to read what they had to say. If I was to pick 2 it would probably be Charlene, because she's young, enthusiastic and obviously a bright cookie who's done well in her chosen profession. She took the trouble to join our forum and tried to answer a few questions too, and no doubt with more experience in dealing with the Hibs board she could be a welcome addition. The other one was Duncan Maxwell, because of his experience in banking etc. I reckon a lot of people, like me can find the financial aspects of Hibs way over their heads at times, and this would be a chance to have somebody on the board who could provide information to the fans on the way the club is run financially, and to put forward proposals made by the fans in that respect.

But whoever the fans pick, I'm sure they'll be welcomed, whether they decide to stick with the current 2 or bring in 2 newbies.

I don't think whoever is chosen will be reporting to the fans the finances and how the club is run financially.

Speedy
30-01-2017, 07:34 AM

Given Duncan's finance and banking experience I'm surprised by his comments about 'the german model'.

It's been done to death on here and imo doesn't work.

That said I'm only one fan - others will no doubt agree with him over me.

Brightside
30-01-2017, 07:45 AM
I don't think whoever is chosen will be reporting to the fans the finances and how the club is run financially.

Indeed. Lets not kid on that these roles are actual real board members. Its a communication device from the club nothing more nothing less.

Forza Fred
30-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Indeed. Lets not kid on that these roles are actual real board members. Its a communication device from the club nothing more nothing less.

Well if it's a communication device, it ain't working, as the general opinion on here seems to be that the communication was not good enough.

Brightside
30-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Well if it's a communication device, it ain't working, as the general opinion on here seems to be that the communication was not good enough.

I agree. Neither of there current guys do anywhere near enough comms. The bare minimum should be a monthly blog that anyone can access.

bigwheel
30-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Given Duncan's finance and banking experience I'm surprised by his comments about 'the german model'.

It's been done to death on here and imo doesn't work.

That said I'm only one fan - others will no doubt agree with him over me.

Agreed....the last thing I think we need is a fans rep who wants to get involved in the commercial running of the club...we have enough people focussing on that. In my view their role should be to represent the voice of the fans to the club (not their individual views) and also bring understanding of the views of the club back to the fans....It's about improving communications and connection.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2017, 08:15 AM

:agree:

For fairly obvious commercial and confidentality reasons, they wouldn't be allowed to.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Your personal experience has been dealing with only one of the two representatives the fans voted on to the board previously.
Although they have had different roles to play and have did their jobs admirably there are still a few fans on here who are quick to ridicule either one of them.
I personally think that living in London will limit your votes, keeping your season ticket is one thing and going to some home and away games is another. IMO you have to have that buzz of what is going on and be able to communicate that to others from being there sharing the flash points

Flying in and out for board meetings and for scheduled appointments with supporters groups may compromise your ability to really digest what the board and the other rep are trying to achieve and also cause some conflict with your own job? Our fans reps have attended many funerals and undertook hospital visits on behalf of the club. The recipients and their families have been very grateful to have had someone from the club present. How would this fit in with your time table and agendas? Its something that id hope the club would continue and the fans rep would feel was an Honorable thing to do.

In your own job you will have come up against bias towards you being a woman and a woman in football is sometimes thought of as an inferior being that "should be at home doing the dishes or getting your mans tea ready!" I am in no way demeaning being a woman and i know we are built of sterner stuff.
This though is some of the personal insults that may be thrown your way by the less educated Hibs' supporter. How would you cope with this sort of statement being shouted at you in public?

Looking at the other contestants what do you think you can bring me the supporter that they cant?

Its not a position to be taken lightly and you are right it is a hard job to do and at times the heart might rule the head.

If you are elected i wish you best of luck and hope you enjoy your time on the board.

You do know we have a female CEO, and a female non-exec on Board?

et vireta
30-01-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm confused.

You want Pat appointed, yet your previous post said that you would vote for 2 others.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Did I ?

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Did I ?

Nah.

Wisny you. Sorry. :greengrin

Leith Mo
30-01-2017, 09:02 AM

Think your reply is for Charlene not me?