PDA

View Full Version : 4th Sub

Billy Whizz
25-01-2017, 08:21 AM
I see this has been introduced in the Scottish cup, in extra time from this round onwards. Ayr put on a 4th sub in extra time last night, went on and beat Queens Park on penalties

calumhibee1
25-01-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm neither here nor there about this one. Not the worst idea, but makes no real odds IMO.

mjhibby
25-01-2017, 10:17 AM
I see this has been introduced in the Scottish cup, in extra time from this round onwards. Ayr put on a 4th sub in extra time last night, went on and beat Queens Park on penalties

No objection to this as fresh legs can be the impetus to try and win the tie and avoid penalties.

SRHibs
25-01-2017, 10:43 AM
It can probably be considered a plus for us considering the strength of our squad.

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Is it only the 4th sub in extra time or any time.

StevieCowan
25-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Is it only the 4th sub in extra time or any time.

Extra time only mate

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Extra time only mate

Thanks

where'stheslope
25-01-2017, 05:22 PM
No objection to this as fresh legs can be the impetus to try and win the tie and avoid penalties.

I believe the substitution took place in the 120 minute?

So not much chance of helping win the game in extra time?

Could be construed as wasting time!!!

jodjam
25-01-2017, 05:44 PM

Lad came on and took a penalty

offshorehibby
25-01-2017, 05:45 PM

Could be they brought on somebody who could have been a better penalty taker.

where'stheslope
25-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Could be they brought on somebody who could have been a better penalty taker.

Thought it was soccer, not American football?

Kaff
25-01-2017, 06:11 PM
It can probably be considered a plus for us considering the strength of our squad.

Certainly true for us this season. I'm not a rugby fan but Imo their multi sub situation ruins the chances for small nations to catch up on the big guns, how many times do you basically see players from the pack just playing 60 mins and then replaced with similar quality, the smaller squads don't have this luxury so can end up running out of steam in the later stages of games. Obviously football is a different game physically but if the numbers keep creeping up (in our amateur football we're allowed 5 already) it will change the dynamic of the game and will see less reliance on skill than players charging about not worrying about conserving energy for the later stages of a game.
Panders to the big boys unfortunately