PDA

View Full Version : Bit disappointed in club store

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Looked at getting princess perfect (18 months) a kit from the shop but none in stock.
dont want to slag the range as Mrs Oz got me a top and DVD via santa but still a shame I couldn't get Bella a kit

Hermit Crab
24-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Looked at getting princess perfect (18 moths) a kit from the shop but none in stock.
dont want to slag the range as Mrs Oz got me a top and DVD via santa but still a shame I couldn't get Bella a kit

Its out of stock, **** happens mate. It will be back in stock. Don't see how you can be disappointed in the club store for selling out.

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Its out of stock, **** happens mate. It will be back in stock. Don't see how you can be disappointed in the club store for selling out.

Maybe because I have been looking at getting her a kit since late November and is always out of stock is a reason to be disappointed but Obviously I am wrong to even mention it on this forum.
and people wonder why fans don't start threads!

Pretty Boy
24-01-2017, 05:38 PM
I'd imagine the store will be starting to run down some lines now with the Just Sport deal close to it's end.

The whole thing hasn't really worked imo and I hope it's taken back in house in the future.

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Maybe because I have been looking at getting her a kit since late November and is always out of stock is a reason to be disappointed but Obviously I am wrong to even mention it on this forum.

Cant you ask the shop to reserve one for you when they are back in stock. It could be that they only produce so many and after Christmas it isn't worth ordering any more if they run out.

I cant remember which Spanish club it was who issued a call for their fans to start producing more children in order to grow the fanbase .... definitely something Hibs should be doing IMO ... then it will be worth producing more kids strips :greengrin

Scottie
24-01-2017, 05:44 PM
You could try to speak to the manager in the shop and leave your name and number with them and hopefully they'd give you a call as soon as stock replenished ?

Its worth a try mate. Hope you get what your looking for. :aok:

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Cant you ask the shop to reserve one for you when they are back in stock. It could be that they only produce so many and after Christmas it isn't worth ordering any more if they run out.

I cant remember which Spanish club it was who issued a call for their fans to start producing more children in order to grow the fanbase .... definitely something Hibs should be doing IMO ... then it will be worth producing more kids strips :greengrin

As much as I love the practice,the thought of more little Bellas fills me with fear .bit severe just to get a kit lol

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 05:52 PM
You could try to speak to the manager in the shop and leave your name and number with them and hopefully they'd give you a call as soon as stock replenished ?

Its worth a try mate. Hope you get what your looking for. :aok:

i will flick them an email HP, and see if they will look at delivering to Oz when one is available.
the quicker they get it in house the better I think

H18 SFR
24-01-2017, 05:57 PM

You must have just missed it when it was restocked for Christmas. I picked up one for my infant daughter first week in December.

lord bunberry
24-01-2017, 06:02 PM
The shop could be so much better than it is. The sooner this current deal ends the better.

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 06:03 PM
You must have just missed it when it was restocked for Christmas. I picked up one for my infant daughter first week in December.

must have missed it chlub,looking now there is nothing in infant range from 0 -5 years.looks like I will have to wait till next seasons kit comes out

H18 SFR
24-01-2017, 06:07 PM
must have missed it chlub,looking now there is nothing in infant range from 0 -5 years.looks like I will have to wait till next seasons kit comes out

The set-up hasn't been ideal this last wee while. Hopefully next year is an improvement.

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2017, 06:08 PM
As much as I love the practice,the thought of more little Bellas fills me with fear .bit severe just to get a kit lol

Its you're duty man :grr:

The Pointer
24-01-2017, 06:09 PM
There have been several threads about how abysmal the Club shop had been recently so you should take it as no surprise that they have no stock. I hope you get what you're after but ah hae ma doots. The changeover can't come soon enough as the Club have a lot of catching up to do in terms of availability of merchandise.

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;4917502]Its you're duty man :grr:[/QUOTE

i have already put 3 new hibbies on the planet ,although Bella doesn't know it yet! I have contributed enough lol

brythehibby
24-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Pretty sure the infants kit won't be coming back into stock now. My mate was in just after Christmas for his lad and there was only a few away tops left. Guy said they were made by Avec rather than Nike and come from china so at this stage they wouldn't be making an order for more. Hope that helps.

Smartie
24-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if they've got any DVDs left?

Amazingly I've still not seen it.

Mrs Smartie told me not to get it as she has bought it for my Christmas only for it to turn out that she hadn't.

bigwheel
24-01-2017, 06:23 PM

Mrs Smartie told me not to get it as she has bought it for my Christmas only for it to turn out that she hadn't.

hope the divorce is quick....:greengrin

ozwoody
24-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure the infants kit won't be coming back into stock now. My mate was in just after Christmas for his lad and there was only a few away tops left. Guy said they were made by Avec rather than Nike and come from china so at this stage they wouldn't be making an order for more. Hope that helps.

cheers bry. I thought that may be the case due to the seemingly ongoing issues at the shop.Not the staffs fault as I think they have been put in a difficult position.I was over there in Oct 15 and very poor range then ,but at least Bella will get new kit when it's released in early November......wee bit of sarcasm

Billy Whizz
24-01-2017, 06:25 PM

Think they tweeted the other day that they were back in

monktonharp
24-01-2017, 06:59 PM
The whole thing hasn't worked at all imo and I hope it's taken back in house in the future.fixed for you. shambolic, imho

2016 Delivered
24-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Looked at getting princess perfect (18 months) a kit from the shop but none in stock.

I got mines 18 months too the baby grow the "mummy taught me abc..." one. Was looking for the actual top though so I feel your pain at lack of options.

2016 Delivered
24-01-2017, 07:07 PM

October I got my wee girls. There's been none in stock ever since.

2016 Delivered
24-01-2017, 07:10 PM

I got my wee boy a home and white training top so they where in stock, only baby grow for my daughter. Let me know how the email goes I'll do similar if successful! Need her kitted out for the links this may! 👍

Radium
24-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Was in the shop today for a quick look. Some of the Avec kit on sale. They did have the cup replicas behind the tills, but otherwise just the normal fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at last 61
24-01-2017, 07:46 PM
The quicker this shower is out the better has been very poor especially after cup win hardly any stock and even when I got the dvd for Xmas it doesn't work and then surprise surprise it's out of stock will get a replacement on Saturday as I haven't seen the 1st dvd yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
24-01-2017, 07:59 PM
The club shop is crap. If you were a tourist that knew nothing about the club and you popped in for a visit, you would be forgiven for not knowing that the club had just won the Scottish Cup as there's hardly anything in there to mark the occasion.

It's no surprise that there's hardly any stock.

monktonharp
24-01-2017, 08:04 PM
The quicker this shower is out the better has been very poor especially after cup win hardly any stock and even when I got the dvd for Xmas it doesn't work and then surprise surprise it's out of stock will get a replacement on Saturday as I haven't seen the 1st dvd yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalkmight be better if they had a fire sale....sorry ,fire

hibee
24-01-2017, 09:13 PM
My mother-in-law went in last week for a kids strip, the manager told her there would be no more coming in and it was her own fault for leaving it so late to try and buy one!

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2017, 09:28 PM

i've got a couple of the Avec tops, look smarter than the nike stuff, although i believe nike own Avec...maybe Avec have the better designers :)

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Bought a great plastic pet food bowl for the dog and cat to fight over.

Thecat23
24-01-2017, 09:47 PM

Been a shambles of a shop for months.

Hermit Crab
25-01-2017, 08:43 AM
October I got my wee girls. There's been none in stock ever since.

There has according to another poster who got it in December.

GloryGlory
25-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Been a shambles of a shop for months.

I have to say I agree with this. I have been in a few times looking for cup final souvenirs. I have bought the DVD, a couple of t-shirts, a mug and a scarf, but I also wanted fridge magnets and key rings. These never seem to be in stock and no-one can say if or when they will be in future.

I am also a bit taken aback that no-one records details of items being asked for to gauge demand or that the staff don't even seem to be that bothered if an item is out-of-stock.

Also plenty of strips though (but not cup final ones!).

snooky
25-01-2017, 10:13 AM

I haven't been back to the shop since they really pee-ed me off a few years ago with a purchase I had to return.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2017, 10:16 AM
I haven't been back to the shop since they really pee-ed me off a few years ago with a purchase I had to return.

I too had problems with my purchased urinating Hibs blow up doll. The voice recording kept complaining about headaches.

Bristolhibby
25-01-2017, 11:24 AM
This season has been particularly bad (Who could forget the no home kit for the start of the season farce)?

Back in house, ditch the fake Nike. Shop to realise the fans are the lifeblood of the shop.

A competent stock ordering and management system. Which analyses demand and trends.

Kits released in June for the next season. Cash in on Summer holidays.

Big bump in stock by mid November at the latest, for the Christmas rush.

Sign a deal to get New Era headwear involved.

Re-release the actual Tartan lambs wool scarf from a few seasons ago.

Anything else?

Edit - a good website designer for the website, its sooo clunky.

J

snedzuk
25-01-2017, 04:02 PM
I too had problems with my purchased urinating Hibs blow up doll. The voice recording kept complaining about headaches.

Didnt these sell out to a Mr Locke

Moody Blues
25-01-2017, 04:34 PM

Ha Ha !

snooky
25-01-2017, 04:46 PM

Actually DBS, it was my much-sought-after Craig Thomson inflatable ref.
Every time it I took it out the box, it blew for a penalty.

Rangers visitor
25-01-2017, 05:35 PM
At least the money you spend there goes to your club. We've stopped buying from the "our club shop" since it was taken over by Sports Direct. Rangers get a minuscule amount from it. Keep your commercial premises in house guys and scrutinise your commercial deals. 5 years ago I wouldn't have given it a thought but you live and learn.

BSEJVT
25-01-2017, 05:47 PM
At least the money you spend there goes to your club. We've stopped buying from the "our club shop" since it was taken over by Sports Direct. Rangers get a minuscule amount from it. Keep your commercial premises in house guys and scrutinise your commercial deals. 5 years ago I wouldn't have given it a thought but you live and learn.

Only in areas that tie in with the Rangers minded agenda though

If the applicant is a true blue bear or offering you some outlandish promise of Scottish or European domination you cant drop your drawers and bend over quick enough.

You have swapped one charlatan after another at board level recently but still all bow down before the lying King.

I take it you don't understand irony as you and your fellow supporters appear to have learnt the square root of **** all for the last 100 odd years.

Scotland neither needs nor wants your outmoded sectarian views and its time you moved into the 21st century.

The existence of The Rangers in its current guise is an affront to every decent person in Scotland.

Rangers visitor
25-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Only in areas that tie in with the Rangers minded agenda though

If the applicant is a true blue bear or offering you some outlandish promise of Scottish or European domination you cant drop your drawers and bend over quick enough.

You have swapped one charlatan after another at board level recently but still all bow down before the lying King.

I take it you don't understand irony as you and your fellow supporters appear to have learnt the square root of **** all for the last 100 odd years.

Scotland neither needs nor wants your outmoded sectarian views and its time you moved into the 21st century.

The existence of The Rangers in its current guise is an affront to every decent person in Scotland.

I think you need to move on from stereotyping other fans. We are just people who love our club same way as you do yours and indeed the rest of supporters of football. In my view King saved us from further rip offs. However I think what we need is fan ownership, indeed that is the way forward for us all. We are trying to make it happen and our first step is to reach 25% of shares but we know the journey will be long

2016 Delivered
25-01-2017, 06:01 PM
There has according to another poster who got it in December.

It's been extremely minimal then. Not sure why you're getting so humpty about people's personal experiences and opinions though.

BSEJVT
25-01-2017, 06:08 PM
I think you need to move on from stereotyping other fans. We are just people who love our club same way as you do yours and indeed the rest of supporters of football. In my view King saved us from further rip offs. However I think what we need is fan ownership, indeed that is the way forward for us all. We are trying to make it happen and our first step is to reach 25% of shares but we know the journey will be long

Sorry you are correct

Its only a few people that sing the sash, the billy boys etc. Aye right to paraphrase the old rangers motto

King is a convicted crook who has singularly failed to fulfil his promise to over invest, if he is your saviour then heaven help you.

The problem with having Rangers mindedness as a test for suitable saviours is that you are already fishing in a small and stagnant gene pool populated almost exclusively by the dregs of both society and humanity.

Rangers visitor
25-01-2017, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=SloopJB;4918375]Is it a double edged sword though?
I appreciate by not buying from the club shop you are denying the profit going to SD but aren't you also denying the club some money?
Buying replica shirts from another outlet may be cheaper and nothing goes to SD but what does the club get out of it?[/QUOTE

Yes the club lose a small amount. There's a fan based shirt producer (not replica) and any profits go to the club. But in the long term we need to get rid of the stranglehold on our commercial deals. We know we've been taken to the cleaners but we're fighting against it

Keith_M
25-01-2017, 06:21 PM
I think you need to move on from stereotyping other fans. We are just people who love our club same way as you do yours and indeed the rest of supporters of football.....

And the Ku Klux Klan are just people that love shiny white sheets.

Hermit Crab
25-01-2017, 06:27 PM

So do you, from this forum.

Rangers visitor
25-01-2017, 06:53 PM
So do you, from this forum.

why on earth can a supporter from another club not engage with fellow fans

25-01-2017, 07:09 PM
why on earth can a supporter from another club not engage with fellow fans

I agree. This is cultural genocide and nothing at all to do with the actions and behaviour of the Rangers support and management since the death of their old club.

ozhibs
27-01-2017, 01:49 AM
The club shop is crap. If you were a tourist that knew nothing about the club and you popped in for a visit, you would be forgiven for not knowing that the club had just won the Scottish Cup as there's hardly anything in there to mark the occasion.

It's no surprise that there's hardly any stock.

I was back over in January (just left on the 20th) and was disappointed, in that I never bought anything (OK so it was a lot to do with not having anything in FB size) I was not surprised because as someone said earlier it has been mentioned on enough threads.

Fergos
27-01-2017, 06:28 AM
This season has been particularly bad (Who could forget the no home kit for the start of the season farce)?

Back in house, ditch the fake Nike. Shop to realise the fans are the lifeblood of the shop.

A competent stock ordering and management system. Which analyses demand and trends.

Kits released in June for the next season. Cash in on Summer holidays.

Big bump in stock by mid November at the latest, for the Christmas rush.

Sign a deal to get New Era headwear involved.

Re-release the actual Tartan lambs wool scarf from a few seasons ago.

Anything else?

Edit - a good website designer for the website, its sooo clunky.

J

Id agree with most of this, esp stock ordering system....any retail store that runs out of best selling lines isn't doing the job properly.

What I would say in defence however is demand this season will have been hard to predict on previous with a lot more people going back to games & therefor a much higher demand post SC win.

Where they help don't help themselves in the store is when your in and looking for stuff that they haven't replenished to the shop floor, it's happened twice to me when looking for a polo top and believe it or not the Memroies cup final book. Both in stock but none on the shop floor, both behind the counter......

GGTTH