PDA

View Full Version : John Collins interview

Tom Hart RIP
24-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Good interview on graham hunters podcast. Brief mention of Hibs debut as 16 year old v Man City. I was there and it's best debut I've ever seen from a teenager.
Didn't mention his time as manager with us but says he was offered Monaco job after he left us but they had a last minute change of mind. Well worth a listen

Leith_Hibee
24-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Good interview on graham hunters podcast. Brief mention of Hibs debut as 16 year old v Man City. I was there and it's best debut I've ever seen from a teenager.
Didn't mention his time as manager with us but says he was offered Monaco job after he left us but they had a last minute change of mind. Well worth a listen

Does he talk about how he missed out on the role as Scottish Football's Performance Director to Malky Mackay?

matty_f
24-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Really struggle with Hunter's style. He is so sycophantic that he practically conducted that interview from deep inside Collins' backside.

CMurdoch
24-01-2017, 01:45 PM
:greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
24-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Does he talk about how he missed out on the role as Scottish Football's Performance Director to Malky Mackay?

No. mostly spoke about time at Monaco and difference in training of young players.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Really struggle with Hunter's style. He is so sycophantic that he practically conducted that interview from deep inside Collins' backside.

Yip, there are never any tough questions in any of the interviews he does. I've stopped listening to them and won't bother with this one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
24-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Surprised there's room for both of them up there.

I normally listen to these but the idea of listening to John Collins talk about his favourite subject (AKA himself) with some sooky interviewer joining in makes me feel slightly ill :sick:

CapitalGreen
24-01-2017, 01:57 PM

Agreed, I'm close to giving up on them. I gave the Butcher one a swerve but I'm lead to believe they also managed to avoid discussing his managerial failures in 2 hours of interviewing.

snooky
24-01-2017, 02:30 PM

Well inside the pail-merk then? :wink:

Bay Area Hibees
24-01-2017, 03:59 PM
I listen to his podcasts and will listen to this. Collins was my hibs hero as a kid.

But agree hunters style is painfully syncophantic. Makes the skin crawl. Plus looks a total d...k in the podcast cover with shades.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2017, 05:06 PM

It would take a heluva lot to beat Jonathan Ross... he even let Tom Cruise just turn his seat to face the audience and just cheese away....

Tom Hart RIP
24-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Stevie Archibald was on a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed that as well but no mention of Hibs in that one.

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Well inside the pail-merk then? :wink:

Borders folk ken :greengrin

Lago
24-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Borders folk ken :greengrin

Nae Nookie & Nae Loo :greengrin

Winston Ingram
25-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Stevie Archibald was on a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed that as well but no mention of Hibs in that one.

Tbf they had a stack of technical issues in that interview. The intention was that it's be 2 podcasts but they lost half the footage.

Smartie
25-01-2017, 10:50 AM
I like Hunter's podcasts and I like John Collins.

I accept he's not everyone's cup of tea, but if Scottish football is any way serious about progressing then it needs to start listening to John Collins.

By the time they do, football may well have moved on and Collins will be old hat. TBH this may already have happened.

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 01:13 PM
I like Hunter's podcasts and I like John Collins.

I accept he's not everyone's cup of tea, but if Scottish football is any way serious about progressing then it needs to start listening to John Collins.

By the time they do, football may well have moved on and Collins will be old hat. TBH this may already have happened.

Tend to agree with that.