PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs or Lennon?

mmcclory02
24-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Would you guys still want Stubbs if the opportunity came arising or would you rather keep Lennon knowing in hindsight that we would be top of the league??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
24-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Pointless

Scottie
24-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Pointless
:agree: Here we go again

superfurryhibby
24-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Pointless

Agreed.

Winston Ingram
24-01-2017, 08:26 AM
:Yawn:

How many time have we had this thread now?

spudhib
24-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Stubbsy legend immortal etc etc got out at the right time,Neil will hopefully become a legend in the next couple of years let's just be glad we have a man of his stature in the game at our club.

oldbutdim
24-01-2017, 08:28 AM
Cathro.

KWJ
24-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Richard Osman.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Lennon every day of the week.

chrisski33
24-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Ffs can we just delete this pointless thread!??

The Green Goblin
24-01-2017, 08:36 AM
I would put them both into the machine Seth Brundle invented in The Fly, creating a mutant combination of the two of them, which I would call Stennon or Lubbsy. Hideously disfigured and terrifying though it was, I would then send my unholy monster out into the dugout every week to guaranteed win us the Scottish Cup every year and the league title from now until the end of time. Due to the complications arising from combining the two menīs accents, press conferences would be done by Anthony Stokes.

pacoluna
24-01-2017, 08:36 AM
lennon even without hindsight of being top of the league, it was pretty much guaranteed he will get us up.

Nicho87
24-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Anne Budge on stubbs body

dunedinhibs
24-01-2017, 09:02 AM
I would put them both into the machine Seth Brundle invented in The Fly, creating a mutant combination of the two of them, which I would call Stennon or Lubbsy. Hideously disfigured and terrifying though it was, I would then send my unholy monster out into the dugout every week to guaranteed win us the Scottish Cup every year and the league title from now until the end of time. Due to the complications arising from combining the two menīs accents, press conferences would be done by Anthony Stokes.

This is definitely the best post ever to grace the hibs.net forums

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Stubbs at home Lennon away

Finbar
24-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Stennon at home Lubbsy away.

Jones28
24-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Both, or neither

CRAZYHIBBY
24-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Id rather have edward malofeev.....purely for the comedy factor

Hi Heid Yin
24-01-2017, 09:57 AM

You need to read a lot more posts methinks!:wink:

eastmainsmsh
24-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Terry butcher

Scouse Hibee
24-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Una or John? Depends on whether I want to listen to music or take out Aunt Sally. Ridiculous I know but...you started it.

jdships
24-01-2017, 10:11 AM

Absolutely correct :confused:

Mr White
24-01-2017, 10:14 AM

:agree:
Most sensible post on the thread.

HibbySpurs
24-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Far to early to try and compare...

On the one hand Stubbs won the cup for which he will always be a legend. On the other hand he failed in his primary task of getting promotion.

If Lennon takes us back to the Premier then I will be hugely grateful.

At this time tho it's pointless to compare them

WeeRussell
24-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Stubbs.

I miss singing "stubbsy" and everyone would agree on the McGinn lyrics.

silverhibee
24-01-2017, 10:43 AM
jobbies

Lago
24-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Would you guys still want Stubbs if the opportunity came arising or would you rather keep Lennon knowing in hindsight that we would be top of the league??

This discussion was done to death just a short time ago, so don't understand why you feel it's necessary to resurrect it again. Who are "you guys" anyway? Becoming pretty annoyed at these repeated posts. :confused:

The Green Goblin
24-01-2017, 10:50 AM

:cheers:

You need to read a lot more posts methinks!:wink:

:grr:

Rugy07
24-01-2017, 10:56 AM
This discussion was done to death just a short time ago, so don't understand why you feel it's necessary to resurrect it again. Who are "you guys" anyway? Becoming pretty annoyed at these repeated posts. :confused:

There's another thread on the forum bemoaning the lack of new posters. We then get a new poster, just joined in January 2017 as it clearly shows, yet he's criticised for asking a question that has appeared before he joined. Seems a bit harsh to me!

Beefster
24-01-2017, 11:20 AM

You can't say that when you only joined in 2013. I was on fire a few months before then.

NZ Green
24-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Terry butcher
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-02-2015/Z93uwT.gif

Lago
24-01-2017, 12:00 PM
There's another thread on the forum bemoaning the lack of new posters. We then get a new poster, just joined in January 2017 as it clearly shows, yet he's criticised for asking a question that has appeared before he joined. Seems a bit harsh to me!

Nope not just one previous post but it been done previously on a number of occassions, its time Lennon was left to get on with the job of securing promotion. End of story.

lord bunberry
24-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Stubbs for me, but when Lennon wins us the league and retains the cup he'll overtake Stubbs.

pacoluna
24-01-2017, 12:11 PM
and those who are criticising are the posters that post on every thread and are absolutely correct with what ever they say, dont dare to disagree or you will be told to go to the pub on a sat, go watch hertz, stop trolling or simply you don't you understand football or hibs. :greengrin

WeeRussell
24-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Nope not just one previous post but it been done previously on a number of occassions, its time Lennon was left to get on with the job of securing promotion. End of story.

He isn't going to be hindered in doing that by someone asking on an internet forum who people prefer out of 2 named managers. May not be the best thread in the world and maybe it could have been pitched better, but a page full of people calling it pointless when they don't need to read the thread at all, is a total over reaction.

It was hardly an offensive question. It's also of some relevance given that fans were discussing recently whether or not we were a better side under Stubbs. People getting that touchy about something so harmless - it's almost as if they enjoyed it better under Stubbs but don't like to talk about it :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
24-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Agreed.

Once again folk on here moaning about, well, anything and everything!

HoboHarry
24-01-2017, 12:37 PM
I don't think it's harsh. It's a crap question, whether he is new or not.

therealgavmac
24-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Richard Osman.

I saw what you did there

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Stubbs is a legend, he's done something for the club no other manager in living memory has done.

But Lennon is more likely to get us up and that's what we need right now, so Lennon.

Fergus52
24-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Lennon in the Championship, then Stubbsy in the SPL.

Lennon is doing fine but there's no doubt Stubbs had us playing better football. We're much more effective this year against the cloggers in our pish league than we were under Stubbs. But i think we'd do better against the old firm, Abderdeen, Hearts, st johnstone under Stubbs.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Mike Bassett.

Swedish hibee
24-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Yawn...
But Stubbs. Absolutely.

pacoluna
24-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Yawn...
But Stubbs. Absolutely.
:hmmm:

SteveHFC
24-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Mike Bassett.
:agree:

Canon Hannan
24-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Lenny but loved Stubbsy. Two great human beings and gents.

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2017, 04:24 PM

Exactly.

As for the question ..... Lennon is on track to do what he was hired for and that is to win the league, if we go up and Real Madrid or Man Utd snatch him away from us then I wouldn't be sorry to see Stubbs and John Doolan ( who clearly gets us ) reinstated as the management team.

northstandhibby
24-01-2017, 05:00 PM

:greengrin

Excellent post.

They will both be legends when Lenny leads us to lifting the championship trophy. Tempting fate but I am so looking forward to seeing us lifting this one and getting back to where this wonderful club should be and that's in the top six of the premier at least.

Glory Glory

Just Alf
24-01-2017, 05:32 PM
In 10 years time, if "all" Lennon can manage is to get us promotion then good 'ol Stubbs will be the legend. Of course, I'm sure Neil knows how to achieve that same status! :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lago
24-01-2017, 06:53 PM
He isn't going to be hindered in doing that by someone asking on an internet forum who people prefer out of 2 named managers. May not be the best thread in the world and maybe it could have been pitched better, but a page full of people calling it pointless when they don't need to read the thread at all, is a total over reaction.

It was hardly an offensive question. It's also of some relevance given that fans were discussing recently whether or not we were a better side under Stubbs. People getting that touchy about something so harmless - it's almost as if they enjoyed it better under Stubbs but don't like to talk about it :rolleyes:

Who said it was offensive, pointless totally, how many times do we have to visit this topic??

2016 Delivered
24-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Stubbs. Gave me the greatest weekend ever. Better than Mowbray. Lennon I'm warming to though.

2016 Delivered
24-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Lenny but loved Stubbsy. Two great human beings and gents.

Can I ask why Lennon?

lord bunberry
24-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Stubbs. Gave me the greatest weekend ever. Better than Mowbray. Lennon I'm warming to though.

Are we talking about winning the cup or another weekend with just the 2 of you. :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
24-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Stubbs is a legend.....even if he does piss like a race horse.

But in saying that we have a great manager in lennon and i wouldn't change that

Canon Hannan
24-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Can I ask why Lennon?

Winner and gent

WeeRussell
24-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Who said it was offensive, pointless totally, how many times do we have to visit this topic??

You don't.

jacomo
24-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Winner and gent

Can't help but think there's another reason too...

:wink:

Canon Hannan
24-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Can't help but think there's another reason too...

:wink:

🤙🏽☘😂

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Winner and gent

One of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. Oozes dedication and integrity and will restore Hibs to their rightful place in the top bracket of the Scottish game, no doubt about it. Leann Dempster's second inspired appointment.

Lago
24-01-2017, 09:16 PM
:top marks
One of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. Oozes dedication and integrity and will restore Hibs to their rightful place in the top bracket of the Scottish game, no doubt about it. Leann Dempster's second inspired appointment.

Canon Hannan
24-01-2017, 09:19 PM

Well said DBS. Dempster and Lennon are great for us.

AZhibee
25-01-2017, 02:12 AM

Equal to or less than the number of times that you have clicked on a thread you don't want to read.

Lennon, if he would just keep his hands out of his mouth every time the TV is on him.