PDA

View Full Version : St. Philomena's Church, Winchburgh - Auction

frances.stewart
23-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Hi there

We are organising an auction to raise money for our Church Roof fund. Our Church is a massive part of our local community and is the base for a number of charitable organisations including the St. Vincent de Paul.

We have a number of items to auction, two of which may be of interest to Hibs fans. We have Liam Henderson's boots, boots he wore in the amazing Scottish Cup Final in May 2016. The boots are signed and can be authenticated by Liam himself. The second item we've acquired from a parishioner is a number 11 Hibs jersey from season 79/80, worn by George Best. Tom, the Club historian, is able to authenticate the jersey as a club Jersey from this season. We are holding an auction of these items as well as others in St. Philomena's Church Hall on Sunday 9th April at 12.45p.m. It would be great if any Hibs fans could attend. If you are unable to attend the auction and would like a bid to be considered in advance, please message me on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and have a great night!

Frances Stewart on behalf of St. Philomena's Roof Steering Committee

Waxy
23-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Liam Hendersons boot should be in a glass case in Easter road stadium.

adhibs
23-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Couple good items, should raise a wee bit.

northstandhibby
23-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Hi there

We are organising an auction to raise money for our Church Roof fund. Our Church is a massive part of our local community and is the base for a number of charitable organisations including the St. Vincent de Paul.

We have a number of items to auction, two of which may be of interest to Hibs fans. We have Liam Henderson's boots, boots he wore in the amazing Scottish Cup Final in May 2016. The boots are signed and can be authenticated by Liam himself. The second item we've acquired from a parishioner is a number 11 Hibs jersey from season 79/80, worn by George Best. Tom, the Club historian, is able to authenticate the jersey as a club Jersey from this season. We are holding an auction of these items as well as others in St. Philomena's Church Hall on Sunday 9th April at 12.45p.m. It would be great if any Hibs fans could attend. If you are unable to attend the auction and would like a bid to be considered in advance, please message me on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and have a great night!

Frances Stewart on behalf of St. Philomena's Roof Steering Committee

Fabulous auction items. Hope they go a long way to raising much needed funds for the church roof!!!

:top marks

Glory Glory

vincipernoi
23-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Liams shirt made about £7000 for sick kids apparently. So his boots should deliver a packet

frances.stewart
23-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Liams shirt made about £7000 for sick kids apparently. So his boots should deliver a packet

Thanks so much for the advice! Much appreciated x

frances.stewart
23-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Fabulous auction items. Hope they go a long way to raising much needed funds for the church roof!!!

:top marks

Glory Glory

Thanks for the encouragement! Here's hoping we can get them to a good home! Cheersx

frances.stewart
23-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Couple good items, should raise a wee bit.

Thanks!

frances.stewart
23-01-2017, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=Waxy;4916702]Liam Hendersons boot should be in a glass case in Easter road stadium.[/QUOT

A great young talent and I hope they end up in a good home! Thanks for your post!

Fuzzywuzzy
23-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Already clocked this on the community page and will be heading along

greenlex
24-01-2017, 06:01 AM
Potential fly in the ointment Francis. Hibs are due to play Morton on the Saturday. There is an outside potential maybe for that game to be moved to the Sunday for television. This may have an effect on the day how much these particular items would raise. More if a chance of it being moved to the Friday night on Alba I would think.
Anyone know for sure if Sky or BT Sports are likely to want a possible Championship decider or indeed if the actually can cintracturally.

frances.stewart
24-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Potential fly in the ointment Francis. Hibs are due to play Morton on the Saturday. There is an outside potential maybe for that game to be moved to the Sunday for television. This may have an effect on the day how much these particular items would raise. More if a chance of it being moved to the Friday night on Alba I would think.
Anyone know for sure if Sky or BT Sports are likely to want a possible Championship decider or indeed if the actually can cintracturally.

Thanks so much for the advice. Hopefully the game won't be moved to the Sunday but happy to take bids in advance of the day from people also if the game is then! Much appreciated and have a great day!

frances.stewart
24-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Already clocked this on the community page and will be heading along

We would love to see you there! Will be a great afternoon!

vincipernoi
24-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Dear Frances

Have you put this on the Hibees Bounce website as well? - There will be a lot of interest

I have sent you a private message

g

frances.stewart
24-01-2017, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=vincipernoi;4917248]Dear Frances

Have you put this on the Hibees Bounce website as well? - There will be a lot of interest

I have sent you a private message

Hi there

Just new to forum and hope I've managed to pm you back!
Look forward to hearing from you! Have a great night!

Conrad Gray
24-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Frances, will there be any other items up for auction?

frances.stewart
24-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Frances, will there be any other items up for auction?

Hi there

Thanks for posting! We have lots of other auction items for the day including meals, golf rounds, celebration cake, beauty vouchers as well as services like grass cutting, ironing etc.

Have a great night and if I can answer any other questions, please ask!