PDA

View Full Version : Our wage structure

IncredibleHibee
23-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Just a general wondering I've had for a while. What are the top-earners at our club getting? and how does it compare to the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts?

I would imagine guys like SJM and Cummings would be at the top end of the earnings. 4 or 5K per week maybe?

Earlydelivery
23-01-2017, 06:04 PM
A don't think 4K .
maybe 2.5k for jase ?

HoboHarry
23-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Just a general wondering I've had for a while. What are the top-earners at our club getting? and how does it compare to the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts?

I would imagine guys like SJM and Cummings would be at the top end of the earnings. 4 or 5K per week maybe?
Going by past threads, there will be so many figures being thrown around it will be clear that no-one has the faintest idea.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2017, 06:11 PM
No one will be on anywhere near 5k. I'd imagine 2.5k max.

emerald green
23-01-2017, 06:13 PM
What the top earners at Hibs are getting (or at any other club for that matter) is a private matter between the players and the club.

Why would anyone post this type of private and confidential information on a public forum?

You'll maybe get some folk posting wild ill-informed guesses. But that's about it.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2017, 06:15 PM
What the top earners at Hibs are getting (or at any other club for that matter) is a private matter between the players and the club.

Why would anyone post this type of private and confidential information on a public forum?

You'll maybe get some folk posting wild ill-informed guesses. But that's about it.

Players wages from clubs around the world are often public knowledge, it is really not a big deal.

IncredibleHibee
23-01-2017, 06:21 PM

Just out of interest really to see how we compete with other clubs in terms of a financial package. Im no wanting anyone's national insurance number :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Players wages from clubs around the world are often public knowledge, it is really not a big deal.
Unless you're the player.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

emerald green
23-01-2017, 06:23 PM

So you're guessing in your post #4.

Jack
23-01-2017, 06:27 PM
I once upon a time knew exactly what Jase was on and he was delighted!

After his latest increase, which made him even more delighted, no news, it's Top Secret!

I suspect all the players and their agents have been telt to STFU!

HoboHarry
23-01-2017, 06:28 PM

From documents that people have seen or do you mean just repeating what is read in the press? Because you just know that players and agents are willing to tell the press what they make....... aye right......

jonny
23-01-2017, 06:33 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/1321105-celtics-average-wage-bill-is-25-times-higher-than-ross-countys/

The article is a couple of years old.
The year we were relegated the average was around 2000. Not sure how much will have changed since then. Hearts will have increased since they dumped all the debt.

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2017, 06:33 PM

No, players wages are often speculated on. It seems that if enough people repeat the speculation it becomes gospel. In reality total bollox most of the time.

Thecat23
23-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Top end 2k. Slightly more with win/goal bonus.

CB_NO3
23-01-2017, 06:37 PM
No one is on more than 2k a week basic at Hibs.

emerald green
23-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Just out of interest really to see how we compete with other clubs in terms of a financial package. Im no wanting anyone's national insurance number :rolleyes:

The bit in bold - fair enough. I wasn't inferring that you were!

I also note nobody has posted what players at Hearts and Aberdeen are supposedly being paid to help answer the point you made in your OP. I'd suggest that unless they've seen players recent payslips they won't really know.

HoboHarry
23-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Give us an idea as to how you can state that with certainty.....

Jonnyboy
23-01-2017, 07:33 PM
No, players wages are often speculated on. It seems that if enough people repeat the speculation it becomes gospel. In reality total bollox most of the time.

Indeed. However I can reveal that Kris Commons is on 12k, 16k, 20k a week* as disclosed on here recently :greengrin

* pick a number to suit your argument

tamig
23-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Top end 2k. Slightly more with win/goal bonus.

I think win bonuses at most clubs are pretty generous so I'd be surprised if bonuses only amounted to a slight increase on the basic.

RoscoHibby
23-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Did we not do away with the 'wage structure' some time after dempster and stubbsy came in? We obviously have a budget to adhere to, but sure I remember reading that it would be relaxed if hibs thought they were getting value? Sure it was around the time when we announced we'd like a player, back up and youngster for each position?

May have imagined this, but pretty sure it was alluded to at the same time...

CropleyWasGod
23-01-2017, 07:43 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/1321105-celtics-average-wage-bill-is-25-times-higher-than-ross-countys/

The year we were relegated the average was around 2000. Not sure how much will have changed since then. Hearts will have increased since they dumped all the debt.

There's a lot of guesswork in that survey.

We, and probably most clubs, don't separately disclose player wages. Our accounts show a total for wages, which includes management and admin staff.

Jones28
23-01-2017, 07:50 PM

I shudder to think those ****ing useless huddies (present players excepted) were on 2k a week

Ozyhibby
23-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Our top wage is around the 2k mark but that is our top earners.
I saw a bit of paper once showing what one of our players was earning and I was surprised how low it was but the player has since signed a new deal and I'm sure he will be up at the £2k mark now. We are not big payers but we look after them and provide a good platform for them to then progress their careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby Bairn
23-01-2017, 07:54 PM

Let's just reflect that that is £104,000 a year before win bonuses.

In the second tier of Scottish football. £104,000 !!!

silverhibee
23-01-2017, 08:00 PM
I think win bonuses at most clubs are pretty generous so I'd be surprised if bonuses only amounted to a slight increase on the basic.

Appearance fee, a few other things that will be in some of the younger ones contracts, with some of the young lads could mean that they make more from bonuses than the basic wage they get.

Andy74
23-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Did we not do away with the 'wage structure' some time after dempster and stubbsy came in? We obviously have a budget to adhere to, but sure I remember reading that it would be relaxed if hibs thought they were getting value? Sure it was around the time when we announced we'd like a player, back up and youngster for each position?

Before that. We have an overall budget that can be sliced whatever way the manager think works.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2017, 08:21 PM
I know a player who is playing part time in League Two (Scotland) and is earning £200 a week plus an appearance fee.

Not really relevant to Hibs but that's not bad money for a couple of nights training and a game on a Saturday.

Thecat23
23-01-2017, 08:29 PM

Trust me Hibs don't pay much over that.

I mind a couple of players years ago mind you, on £6k with a win/appearance and goal bonus could get just about the same as the weekly wage. Shows how much we along with other clubs were chucking daft money about.

SlickShoes
23-01-2017, 08:54 PM
No idea what anyone at Hibs is on but I do know that Hearts highest paid player is being paid just under £4000 per week.

jacomo
23-01-2017, 09:12 PM

We've not adhered to the 2nd part of that policy, so what makes you think we've put the first part into action?

:wink:

ancient hibee
23-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Arithmetically the average weekly staff wage at Hibs last year was just under £800.Even allowing for quite a few on £200/£300 it doesn't leave much room for too many on £4K.

Brightside
23-01-2017, 09:17 PM
2k top basic. win bonuses and goals bonuses on top.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2017, 10:04 PM
I doubt anybody at Hibs is on a basic of over 2K per week ........ it could be that we pay decent win bonuses though, I quite like the idea of an average basic but big win bonuses, keeps everybody keen :greengrin

Unseen work
23-01-2017, 11:20 PM
How much do they earn from appearances and goals? Roughly?

I wonder who the top earners are, I would think it would be

Cummings
Mcginn
Fyvie
Mcgregor
Mcgeouch
Hanlon

And the rest considerably lower.

Shinnie is probably on a decent wage from Birmingham too.

JDHibs
24-01-2017, 08:07 AM
From what ive been told, only a couple of players are on £2k+. Highest being £2.5k.

Not going to name names but you can pretty much guess who would be up there. We do have quite a few on lower wages which brings our average down.

There was an article floating around a while back from last year, where it done the SPFL average wages.

Celtic £750k a year
Huns £315k a year
Aberdeen £115k a year
Hearts £86k a year

St J, ICT, Hamilton, Partick, Dundee, Killie, Motherwell & Ross County were all between £40-£60k a year.

They figures were taken from each teams accounts and split between the first team playing squad for a rough average.

Out of all that we will be closest to Hearts, give or take a few k, averages out at around £1500-1750 a week. Which given the overall quality of our squad wouldnt be too far away from being accurate in my opinion.

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2017, 08:16 AM
From what ive been told, only a couple of players are on £2k+. Highest being £2.5k.

Not going to name names but you can pretty much guess who would be up there. We do have quite a few on lower wages which brings our average down.

There was an article floating around a while back from last year, where it done the SPFL average wages.

Celtic £750k a year
Huns £315k a year
Aberdeen £115k a year
Hearts £86k a year

St J, ICT, Hamilton, Partick, Dundee, Killie, Motherwell & Ross County were all between £40-£60k a year.

They figures were taken from each teams accounts and split between the first team playing squad for a rough average.

Out of all that we will be closest to Hearts, give or take a few k, averages out at around £1500-1750 a week. Which given the overall quality of our squad wouldnt be too far away from being accurate in my opinion.

Those figures in the article are guesswork. Hearts and Rangers don't separate their playing costs in their accounts, and neither do we. I can't be sure about the others, but I wouldn't have thought that they do either; it's not required by law.

pacoluna
24-01-2017, 08:42 AM
How much do they earn from appearances and goals? Roughly?

I wonder who the top earners are, I would think it would be

Cummings
Mcginn
Fyvie
Mcgregor
Mcgeouch
Hanlon

And the rest considerably lower.

Shinnie is probably on a decent wage from Birmingham too.

shinnie will be on the biggest wage by a considerable amount I would imagine due to the over inflated wages down south.

JDHibs
24-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Those figures in the article are guesswork. Hearts and Rangers don't separate their playing costs in their accounts, and neither do we. I can't be sure about the others, but I wouldn't have thought that they do either; it's not required by law.

All wages mentioned by fans, media and pundits are guesswork.

Unless it comes directly from the player himself. But that article will be more accurate than some of the figures that have been plucked from the sky in this thread.

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2017, 08:49 AM
All wages mentioned by fans, media and pundits are guesswork.

Unless it comes directly from the player himself. But that article will be more accurate than some of the figures that have been plucked from the sky in this thread.

I disagree. Unless the writer has access to detailed wage records, it can only be guesswork. How can s/he possibly be able to say how much of the published wage figures are attributable to playing staff?

Keith_M
24-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Here's what I know for a fact about Hibs Players' wages.

Salary
Some players receive higher salaries than than others. The ones not in that group are generally paid less. If you add all the players wages together, then divide it by the number of players, you get the average players' salary. If you take the total amount and divide it by the average salary, that's how many players we have.

Bonuses
There are of course, also bonuses. These are sums of money not included in the basic pay. The bonuses are quite often highly prized by the players, as it means more money for bevvy. There are also non-financial bonuses. These include, but are not restricted to, the right to use the following chat up line in a nightclub: "Awrite, Hen, did ye ken Ahm a fitbaw playur?", or the ever popular, "Bein a professional sportsman means Ahv goat stamina like ye widnae buleev, darlin" (generally followed by a suggestive wink)

Fact, end-off, etc.

JDHibs
24-01-2017, 08:57 AM
I disagree. Unless the writer has access to detailed wage records, it can only be guesswork. How can s/he possibly be able to say how much of the published wage figures are attributable to playing staff?

You disagree that its all guesswork? Which i said. Or you disagree that the figures in the article will be more accurate than some of the figures in here?

Well for a start, some of these figures are ridiculous. I imagine the person who wrote the article would have done some actual research into the figures before publishing them. Rather than the Cummings' dog walkers, auntie who cuts the local posties hair said what he was on...

You ever played chinese whispers where the end person actually gets it right?

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2017, 09:01 AM
You disagree that its all guesswork? Which i said. Or you disagree that the figures in the article will be more accurate than some of the figures in here?

Well for a start, some of these figures are ridiculous. I imagine the person who wrote the article would have done some actual research into the figures before publishing them. Rather than the Cummings' dog walkers, auntie who cuts the local posties hair said what he was on...

You ever played chinese whispers where the end person actually gets it right?

I disagree that the figures in the article are more accurate. What research could they do, other than into what is in the public domain?

This is from the survey that was mentioned earlier. I'm not sure if that's the one you are referring to:-

By ‘average’, we mean ‘arithmetic
mean’. All the salaries are added up
(and by salaries, we include money
for playing sport for that team, not
for endorsements or sponsorship or
anything else extra-curricular) and
divided by the number of players.
That’s it. A simple list that provokes
complicated arguments but does,
at the very least, provide a ‘ball
park’ reckoner of what different
sports teams pay.

That's not possible with the information that is in the public domain for Scottish clubs.

JDHibs
24-01-2017, 09:11 AM
I disagree that the figures in the article are more accurate. What research could they do, other than into what is in the public domain?

This is from the survey that was mentioned earlier. I'm not sure if that's the one you are referring to:-

By ‘average’, we mean ‘arithmetic
mean’. All the salaries are added up
(and by salaries, we include money
for playing sport for that team, not
for endorsements or sponsorship or
anything else extra-curricular) and
divided by the number of players.
That’s it. A simple list that provokes
complicated arguments but does,
at the very least, provide a ‘ball
park’ reckoner of what different
sports teams pay.

That's not possible with the information that is in the public domain for Scottish clubs.

You've kind of just answered it yourself.

They've obviously looked into each team as far as they can, to try and get the best/most accurate figures they can with the information available. I dont know what information or contacts they have? Why would i?

All im saying is, its going to be better than people plucking figures out the sky. i.e "no one at Hibs is on more than £2k" "highest earners will be on £4-5k". They are complete are utter magical figures, plucked from the sky.

Agree to disagree. Wont change my life, i put across my opinion on the figures i found and was happy with the source, rather than listening to people who are getting 4th or 5th in line information, again, like chinese whispers. Thats why if you read threads regarding Commons hes been on £12k, £15k, £18k, £20k and most recently, £30k a week, depending on where you look, forum, twitter or facebook.

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2017, 09:16 AM
You've kind of just answered it yourself.

They've obviously looked into each team as far as they can, to try and get the best/most accurate figures they can with the information available. I dont know what information or contacts they have? Why would i?

All im saying is, its going to be better than people plucking figures out the sky. i.e "no one at Hibs is on more than £2k" "highest earners will be on £4-5k". They are complete are utter magical figures, plucked from the sky.

Agree to disagree. Wont change my life, i put across my opinion on the figures i found and was happy with the source, rather than listening to people who are getting 4th or 5th in line information, again, like chinese whispers. Thats why if you read threads regarding Commons hes been on £12k, £15k, £18k, £20k and most recently, £30k a week, depending on where you look, forum, twitter or facebook.

There is no information out there about the playing staff costs for Hibs, Hearts, Rangers and probably every other Scottish team. Thus, they have made it up or guessed, the same as anyone else on here.

stantonsboots
24-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Indeed. However I can reveal that Kris Commons is on 12k, 16k, 20k a week* as disclosed on here recently :greengrin

* pick a number to suit your argumentdon't forget the 30k that was quoted:agree:

stantonsboots
24-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Here's what I know for a fact about Hibs Players' wages.

Salary
Some players receive higher salaries than than others. The ones not in that group are generally paid less. If you add all the players wages together, then divide it by the number of players, you get the average players' salary. If you take the total amount and divide it by the average salary, that's how many players we have.

Bonuses
There are of course, also bonuses. These are sums of money not included in the basic pay. The bonuses are quite often highly prized by the players, as it means more money for bevvy. There are also non-financial bonuses. These include, but are not restricted to, the right to use the following chat up line in a nightclub: "Awrite, Hen, did ye ken Ahm a fitbaw playur?", or the ever popular, "Bein a professional sportsman means Ahv goat stamina like ye widnae buleev, darlin" (generally followed by a suggestive wink)

Fact, end-off, etc. spot on! are you Leanne dempster?

JDHibs
24-01-2017, 10:01 AM
There is no information out there about the playing staff costs for Hibs, Hearts, Rangers and probably every other Scottish team. Thus, they have made it up or guessed, the same as anyone else on here.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/11/14/celtic-rangers-wages-spfl/

There's the article, believe it if you want or believe the plucked figures from to dick and harry. The company who done the research and article must just guess 10,000 sportsmans salaries.

Amazing that a company can make a living out of making up salaries, maybe they should employ some of the people on here?

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2017, 10:09 AM

There's the article, believe it if you want or believe the plucked figures from to dick and harry. The company who done the research and article must just guess 10,000 sportsmans salaries.

Amazing that a company can make a living out of making up salaries, maybe they should employ some of the people on here?

The report's authors say their data is "sourced directly or indirectly via unions, player associations or agents, via leagues, clubs and other reliable administrative bodies, or extracted from official club accounts."

I would doubt that the "unions, player associations or agents, ...leagues, clubs and other reliable administrative bodies" would freely give out that information.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2017, 10:20 AM
What can be reasonably guessed, just now anyway, is where we are in the pecking order of salaries paid.
We are very likely to be the 5th best payers in Scotland and likely have been for some time. Aberdeen and Hearts are likely pay a bit more than us. Especially as we have high overheads with east mains and all the support staff there.
I doubt Dundee Utd are very close to us.
Of course paying the 5th best wages is no guarantee of success as we have not performed to that level since Yogi was here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
24-01-2017, 12:23 PM

The only indisputably correct figure is that in the 11 months to30/6/16 Hibs paid £3408549 to 92 staff.