Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Mcginn

Humphrey
Keatings
Boyle

Cummings

Assuming that McGeouch is still out, this looks like a pretty strong team and the one I would pick ( having deliberated about recalling Marciano and then deciding that Laidlaw deserves to keep the gloves).

007 Mickey Weir
23-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Mcginn

Humphrey
Keatings
Boyle

Cummings

This is the team for me with Fonts in for Hanlon if he is still injured.

WS Hibs
23-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Forster (assuming Hanlon's still injured, otherwise bring Hanlon in)
McGregor
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn

Humphrey
Keatings
Boyle

Cummings

pacoluna
23-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Surely Bartley has to be play? after his performance against united. Similar kind of game.

J-C
23-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Bartley offers nothing going forward, we don't need a DM against most of these teams, McGinn and Fyvie in the middle are fine.

Smartie
23-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Bartley offers nothing going forward, we don't need a DM against most of these teams, McGinn and Fyvie in the middle are fine.

Even when you're dominating games you have to win the ball back quickly and be able to defend against counter attacks.

We often had the balance wrong earlier in the season when we basically had a back 5 plus Bartley.

But I think he's a useful player, even in games when it might not be obvious, just as long as we don't have our team packed with defensive players elsewhere.

California-Hibs
24-01-2017, 12:20 PM

I agree with this. McGinn and Fyvie for me. That's when we're at our creative best.

ancient hibee
24-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Assuming that McGeouch is still out, this looks like a pretty strong team and the one I would pick ( having deliberated about recalling Marciano and then deciding that Laidlaw deserves to keep the gloves).
Particularly as Marciano is out for a few weeks?

CMurdoch
24-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Suspect they will be keeping McGeough clear of the artificial pitch.
Friday should see Commons announced as signing to the end of the season and plonked back into the team :confused:

1van Sprou7e
24-01-2017, 01:30 PM
The Commons chat has gone awfully quiet recently...

CMurdoch
24-01-2017, 01:57 PM
The Commons chat has gone awfully quiet recently...

I always thought it would be an announcement this Friday with us saving paying him a wage until the league started up again and both Commons agent and Celtic looking for other options which might benefit them better than Hibs.

Liam978
24-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
Shinnie

Keatings
Cummings
Humphrey
Spot on Bob,you mustve been at Tynie on sat,the other posters obviously were not. Shinnie was easily man of the match GGTTH.

Unseen work
24-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Spot on Bob,you mustve been at Tynie on sat,the other posters obviously were not. Shinnie was easily man of the match GGTTH.

The amount of abuse Shinnie gets on here is ridiculous.

Nowhere near as bad as some make out and is a good player.

JimBHibees
24-01-2017, 03:15 PM
The amount of abuse Shinnie gets on here is ridiculous.

Nowhere near as bad as some make out and is a good player.

He is a frustrating player though IMO, does something really good and then loses the ball, his finishing could be better. He has got loads of ability and thought he was the best player on the pitch on Saturday however he does need to show it a bit more as with SJM and Fyvie back and Keatings and possibly Commons in competition not sure he is going to start many games.

cmcd
24-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
Shinnie

Keatings
Cummings
Humphrey

Good team .I thought Holt was outstanding on Saturday May see him come off the bench depending on how the game is going

Michael
24-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Boyle and Humphrey on the wings is a must.

Winston Ingram
25-01-2017, 06:15 AM

This

ian cruise
25-01-2017, 07:27 AM
I expect Shinnie to come on to a good run of form in the next few weeks, he started of well and I agree hasn't been as consistent as we'd like but to write him off is criminal. Think it's definitely the case that because he's involved so often that's why it looks like he makes lots of mistakes. Now he's had a few months to adapt to the league and has an idea of how the other teams are going to set their stall out against us I'm hoping, and expecting, him to make a few change their opinions come May.

1875M
25-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Agree with the points made about Shinnie, found some decent form but i think Keatings deserves to at least start the game

ajf
25-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Its funny how things change over the years , I was led to believe that the more your on the ball the more good things you'll do so the better you'll look , obviously that was wrong as I seem to be in the minority , Shinnie's not for me I'm afraid

neil7908
25-01-2017, 08:16 AM
I think we're missing a trick not playing McGinn further forward. If we don't sign Commons I'd love to see John get a chance as an attacking midfielder sitting further up the pitch than he normally does.

He can score and create goals, hold the ball up, go past players and is calm under pressure in crowded areas of the pitch. Wasted a little further back IMO.

Craigmount Hibs
25-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Surely Bartley has to be play? after his performance against united. Similar kind of game.
Marvin is suspended, after being booked in Dumbarton game.

Big L
26-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Fyvie
Mcginn

Humphrey
Keatings
Boyle