PDA

View Full Version : 11 points clear in 2 games ?

worcesterhibby
23-01-2017, 07:40 AM
After getting a cuffing in the Cup I can see Dundee Utd quite easily only getting 1 point from their next two games against Raith and Dunfermline. If we can force a result at Queens and beat Ayr at home, we could have a big gap...whatever UTD do if we can get maximum points in the next two games it will be a huge step towards promotion.

wookie70
23-01-2017, 07:44 AM
We are now in the fortunate position of not having to worry about the Utd results as long as we take care of our business. Let's concentrate on winning the next game and worry about the one after that when we secure 3 points against QOTS.

calumhibee1
23-01-2017, 07:46 AM
After getting a cuffing in the Cup I can see Dundee Utd quite easily only getting 1 point from their next two games against Raith and Dunfermline. If we can force a result at Queens and beat Ayr at home, we could have a big gap...whatever UTD do if we can get maximum points in the next two games it will be a huge step towards promotion.

We play 6 league games before we play united again and I reckon we should be looking at picking up 16 points allowing for a draw away to raith (which by the way would still be a disappointing result). I couldn't see them coming close to that in their next 6 and I reckon we'd be going into the game against them 11 clear with a far superior goal difference. Avoid defeat in that game and we'd have as good as won the league.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Ill be happy if we are still 6 clear in 2 weeks.

GloryGlory
23-01-2017, 07:57 AM
We are now in the fortunate position of not having to worry about the Utd results as long as we take care of our business. Let's concentrate on winning the next game and worry about the one after that when we secure 3 points against QOTS.

Exactly.

One game at a time...

Steve20
23-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Raith haven't won a game since 29th October. We'll beat them next time and Utd will beat them also, IMO.

If we're still six points clear still in 2 games time, that'll be great. And I would expect us to be. We should be winning comfortably away to QOTS and home to Ayr.

Billychaotic182
23-01-2017, 08:07 AM
We are in the Driving seat. Win all our games and we don't have to worry about what Utd do. I hope they push us all the way, that hopefully will stop us being complacent.

Ozyhibby
23-01-2017, 08:11 AM
We are in the Driving seat. Win all our games and we don't have to worry about what Utd do. I hope they push us all the way, that hopefully will stop us being complacent.

I hope they don't push us at all and we win at a canter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
23-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Ill be happy if we are still 6 clear in 2 weeks.

Absolutely

pacoluna
23-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Exactly.

One game at a time...
Unless of course its us who are doing the chasing like a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes:

California-Hibs
23-01-2017, 08:43 AM
I hope they don't push us at all and we win at a canter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

wookie70
23-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Unless of course its us who are doing the chasing like a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes:It wasn't as much in our control at that point. We now don't have to worry about what Utd do, including beating us n the remaining game.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-01-2017, 09:38 AM
What if Morton keep up their great consistency and nic a result v us next time we play them... Could they be a threat?

H18 SFR
23-01-2017, 09:46 AM
What if Morton keep up their great consistency and nic a result v us next time we play them... Could they be a threat?

Can't see it happening. I think we will simply keep grinding out victories.

Wilson
23-01-2017, 09:49 AM

We play them 4th March. We will be out of sight of Morton by then.

--------
23-01-2017, 10:12 AM
ONE GAME AT A TIME, PLEASE, FOLKS! :tsk tsk:

hibbycraig
23-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Hope we get a home game for our 1st game back in the premiership.

snooky
23-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Chickens & Eggs. Expect the unexpected.

Wilson
23-01-2017, 10:27 AM

Agree. Morton's away form should be worrying them though. If they improve that and maintain their superior home form then fair play to them.

With three of their next four games away though I am quite confident with my prediction.

As ever though we can only take care of our own results. Do that and it doesn't matter what the other teams do.

Billy McKirdy
23-01-2017, 10:43 AM
We'll have the title won by the home game against Falkirk at the end of March which will allow us to fully concentrate on our defence of the cup. :flag:
100% confident about this one :thumbsup:

Hibernian Verse
23-01-2017, 10:43 AM
You should have gone with Eggspect the Uneggspected there.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

banchoryhibs
23-01-2017, 10:46 AM
I'll settle for 4 points clear with 1 game to play 😊

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Agree that people are getting ahead of themselves.

As wr have already seen, leadd can evaporate quickly in this stodgy division.

If we beat queens away, then we can think about how utd and morton habe done in their games.

In saying that, utd's confidence must be quite low given the batterings they habe taken lately.

But that only helps if we keep the pressure on them by winning. Ultimately, they could be only 3 behind by Saturday evening.

green with envy
23-01-2017, 10:50 AM
We play them 4th March. We will be out of sight of Morton by then.

Not if us or them are in the SC Q finals.

pacoluna
23-01-2017, 10:56 AM
that works both ways.. when trailing united lennon was getting criticised and they had the better squad and manager supposedly.

JDHibs
Past caring about Utd. We are in a very good position to ignore them and just concentrate on ourselves.

We do our job week in and week out, doesnt matter if Utd go unbeaten, we will win the league.

hibbysam
Agree that people are getting ahead of themselves.

As wr have already seen, leadd can evaporate quickly in this stodgy division.

If we beat queens away, then we can think about how utd and morton habe done in their games.

In saying that, utd's confidence must be quite low given the batterings they habe taken lately.

But that only helps if we keep the pressure on them by winning. Ultimately, they could be only 3 behind by Saturday evening.

They could also quite easily be 9 behind.

worcesterhibby
23-01-2017, 11:27 AM
I do love all the people telling me to take "one game at a time" jeez I was only looking forward 2 games ! UTD have two very tough games and are in a mini slump..we have two games we should win and in great form..I was merely pointing out that we have a real chance to put ourselves way clear pretty quickly.

Onion
23-01-2017, 11:54 AM
that works both ways.. when trailing united lennon was getting criticised and they had the better squad and manager supposedly.

All of which worked a treat :thumbsup: Look at us now.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-01-2017, 11:58 AM
They could also quite easily be 9 behind.

Of course, but my point was things can change quickly. A 9 point lead given they were above us very recently would illustrate exactly that.

Vini1875
23-01-2017, 12:05 PM
I would remain happy to be winniing and still only six points ahead of them when we next play. Of course I would want to be 9 points clear after that. This is all about Hibs now and beating everyone.

snooky
23-01-2017, 12:48 PM
You should have gone with Eggspect the Uneggspected there.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

:top marks