PDA

View Full Version : Ryan mason

AugustaHibs
22-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Apparently in hospital fighting for his life after a collision with Gary Cahill vs Chelsea, prayers go out to him and his family.

Northernhibee
22-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Not nice to hear. Hope that he comes out of the other side of his injury fine.

northstandhibby
22-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Ryan, God bless. Very sad news.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Looked a really bad one at the time. Cahill hit him at some speed.

tamig
22-01-2017, 09:39 PM
It was horrible. You heard the noise when their heads clashed and looked like he took it right on the temple. Really hope he pulls through.

22-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Bleeding on the brain apparently, he's been taken in for an emergency operation. Terrible stuff indeed, prayers are with him and his family, hopefully he's going to be ok.

Thoughts also with Cahill tonight as well, he must be feeling terrible even though it was just one of these freak accidents, nobodys fault at all.

Haymaker
22-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Awful to hear. Was sitting up before being stretched off.

22-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Seeing on twitter now that he is out of surgery and in a stable condition.

tamig
22-01-2017, 09:55 PM

My dad had an emergency op for a bleed on the brain last summer. Not a nice time. Hopefully the boy makes a full recovery.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Sounds like he suffered a really nasty injury but I don't think he's in a life threatening condition. I saw a few newspaper headlines mention this but then when you read the actual article, there was nothing to suggest his life is in danger.

Either way, I hope the guy's ok.

Scottie
22-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Great news to hear. Speedy recovery wished for.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Sounds like he suffered a really nasty injury but I don't think he's in a life threatening condition. I saw a few newspaper headlines mention this but then when you read the actual article, there was nothing to suggest his life is in danger.

Hull saying he's had surgery and expected to be in hospital for the next few days so doesn't sound as bad a originally suggested hopefully.

22-01-2017, 10:02 PM

Anything to do with the head or brain is dangerous, especially when getting operated on i'm afraid. Thats why if someone ever does knock their head its highly suggested that someone else stays with them as the affects of concussion can come later. My former boss took a real bad knock to his head a few years back and was really ill with the concussion.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Anything to do with the head or brain is dangerous, especially when getting operated on i'm afraid. Thats why if someone ever does knock their head its highly suggested that someone else stays with them as the affects of concussion can come later. My former boss took a real bad knock to his head a few years back and was really ill with the concussion.

I know a head injury is serious but that, in itself, doesn't mean the person's life is in danger.

He's already been operated on and his club have said that he is now stable. There is no mention of him being in a critical or life threatening condition from those who would know how he's doing.

NAE NOOKIE
22-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Seen it on MOTD2 just now, looked a bad one, club saying he will be in hospital for a few days so that sounds positive so far as prognosis is concerned ..... his problem long term could be if the injury is one that prevents him being able to risk future head knocks, not good news for a pro footballer.

tamig
22-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Seen it on MOTD2 just now, looked a bad one, club saying he will be in hospital for a few days so that sounds positive so far as prognosis is concerned ..... his problem long term could be if the injury is one that prevents him being able to risk future head knocks, not good news for a pro footballer.
If he's suffered a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain I'd say it's highly unlikely he'll be able to play top level football again. Guess we'll just need to see what the details of his actual injuries are as all we know for certain is that he's had an op. I did say to my boy at the time when I heard the noise that it could be a skull fracture.

22-01-2017, 10:25 PM
If he's suffered a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain I'd say it's highly unlikely he'll be able to play top level football again. Guess we'll just need to see what the details of his actual injuries are as all we know for certain is that he's had an op. I did say to my boy at the time when I heard the noise that it could be a skull fracture.

Your right, he will have to be very careful what he does. Peter Cech came back from a skull fracture but as a keeper he isn't going up for headers etc. Hopefully he is able to and he's able to resume his career but it certainly wont be any time soon. Who knows what its done psychologically to him either, after horror injuries like that it can really affect a players confidence. Cech has made a full recovery and has been told by medical experts that he no longer needs to wear the protective hat but he does anyway because mentally hes now uncomfortable playing without it. Mason, if he does resume his football career may be nervous jumping up for 50/50's etc.

NAE NOOKIE
22-01-2017, 10:27 PM

I've had a fractured skull and can confirm there's nuthin' wrong wi me
:cool2: