PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jambo's not confident

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 04:57 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166653-draw-for-the-next-round-hearts-or-raith-rovers-v-hibs-title-updated/

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Neither they should be, we have a good recent record at Tincastle and we're hitting a bit of form which will only get better.

There will be no pressure on us when we play them IMO and our fans will relish going to the PBS as cup holders.

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 05:06 PM
There's a few of them on that thread hoping they get beat in the replay.

S4uzee
22-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Let's not get too confident either

cleanyman
22-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Neither am I

Pete
22-01-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't know why as Cathro's alpha male personality should rub off on them and get them well up for it.

Diclonius
22-01-2017, 05:11 PM
They are the Premiership team and will still be the favourites.

High-On-Hibs
22-01-2017, 05:12 PM
They are even claiming that the draw is rigged against them. Superb scenes! :faf:

Northernhibee
22-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I don't like this when we go in as clear favourites.

HibernianJK
22-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Neither they should be, we have a good recent record at Tincastle and we're hitting a bit of form which will only get better.

There will be no pressure on us when we play them IMO and our fans will relish going to the PBS as cup holders.

Of course there will be pressure on us, there's pressure in every derby and even more so going there as holders. Confident that, if we do have to play Hearts, we can get the job done.

Keith_M
22-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Surely Hearts would be favourites

High-On-Hibs
22-01-2017, 05:18 PM

We never are clear favourites at the pink tink arena.

Fergos
Lennons influence and winner mentality may be vital in this one.

GGTTH

wookie70
Poor wee souls. They have been lucky with the last three draws. 2 at home and all against teams from the league below. Wish we had that kind of luck. It is laughable that the draw is done by a drunk and Stubbsy, who doesn't know his sixes from nines, with the balls stationery between draws and no-one watching as they were placed in the pot. It's not exactly the wildest conspiracy theory to suggest something is going on. It would be amazing to see the odds on The Rangers home draws or Edinburgh Derby games over the last few years.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Surely Hearts would be favourites

Hearts will be strong Favs it wont be close in the betting markets..

High-On-Hibs
22-01-2017, 05:20 PM

GGTTH

A bullet proof vest may be vital to him as well at that hellhole.

TheGreenMan
22-01-2017, 05:23 PM
A bullet proof vest may be vital to him as well at that hellhole.

Yip they hate him which will add to the occasion as if any more spice is needed

Sir David Gray
22-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Got to page 5/6 of that thread and then the shutters came down and I've been bumped off the forum.

Must still be holding the post mortem after today's shambles. :tee hee:

McD
22-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Got to page 5/6 of that thread and then the shutters came down and I've been bumped off the forum.

Yep, me too 😂

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2017, 05:28 PM

Me too, the place is overflowing with absolute bellends!

J-C
22-01-2017, 05:31 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166653-draw-for-the-next-round-hearts-or-raith-rovers-v-hibs-title-updated/

Not letting me onto the site, just says you do not have permission to view this.

Waxy
22-01-2017, 05:36 PM
We've got Jason.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Not letting me onto the site, just says you do not have permission to view this.

Just the same as here when it is busy guests get kicked out.

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 05:44 PM
I think they've shut it down while they argue amongst themselves about who they'd rather lose to. The smart money appears to on the replay with raith as it would be less painful.:greengrin

jacomo
22-01-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm now hoping the Jambottlers make it through the replay. Would love to put them out again. Love it.

Also fancy seeing our managers up against each other. I reckon one scowl from Neil and Cathy will start crying.

lucky
22-01-2017, 05:47 PM
It's a great draw for both clubs. We get to pump them again and they get chance to knock us of our champions perch. For me although I'm confident it's still a hard game

SanFranHibs
22-01-2017, 05:49 PM

GGTTH

My first thoughts too :agree:

The Captain....
22-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Hilarious to hear they're discussing preferring to lose the Raith replay seriously. How times have changed since their artificial financially doped days. Looking forward to what will be a tough tie but one we'll go into with confidence and imo a far better squad and a manager who will have the edge over Cathro experience wise.:flag:

DaveF
22-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Poor wee souls. They have been lucky with the last three draws. 2 at home and all against teams from the league below. Wish we had that kind of luck. It is laughable that the draw is done by a drunk and Stubbsy, who doesn't know his sixes from nines, with the balls stationery between draws and no-one watching as they were placed in the pot. It's not exactly the wildest conspiracy theory to suggest something is going on. It would be amazing to see the odds on The Rangers home draws or Edinburgh Derby games over the last few years.

It was amatuerish even by Scottish football standards. A pished up Rod Stewart, really? Whoever had that idea needs sacked.

NAE NOOKIE
22-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Interesting reading:greengrin

Last season it was all about, yippee a chance to smash the hobo peg selling vermin and put them in their place, not quite so confident this time, though most of the puddle drinkers are seeing it as a chance to right last seasons wrong and still giving it the old "what's to worry about, its only Hibs" mantra.

From my point of view there are very few players in our team who aren't aware of the magnitude of the game and who haven't played in it before, whereas the Yams are going into this one with a few players and a manager new to the derby ...... the Yams will try to put them in the picture, but as we have found in the past that doesn't always have the desired effect. As for their manager .... can anybody imagine him giving a rousing call to arms in the dressing room?

This is a tough draw no doubt about it and a few weeks ago I would have been worried that we don't have the same ammunition we did going into this game last season ...... but the Dundee Utd game has allayed that quite a bit, we now have pace on both wings and SJM, Fyvie and McGeouch back playing, not to mention Marvin Bartley having his best game of the season as well ..... they will be forced to go for it at home and hopefully that will play right into our hands with our midfield having the ability to spring attacks on the counter.

The biggest danger to us will be from set pieces .... the Yams delivery into the box, at least in the first half, was pretty good today and I still feel that defending these is our Achilles heel, especially with the Yams having the usual giants throughout the team. We will have to be careful not to give away corners or free kicks around our box.

The Yams seem to think we will be complacent about this game given how things went last time around ..... with Lennon in charge I'm 100% confident that is the one thing we wont be.

All this presuming the Yams can get past RR of course :greengrin

Thecat23
22-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Did they roll the balls around the bowl before picking them out I can't mind? If not why?

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 06:02 PM
They're now threatening each other, it's comedy gold.:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Thecat23
22-01-2017, 06:02 PM
For what's it's worth I'm praying they go through because we will beat them again. There I said it 😎

Thecat23
22-01-2017, 06:03 PM

You undercover?

jacomo
22-01-2017, 06:04 PM

Empty threats.

They'll invite each other outside for a fight and then Jambottle it.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Ill go for 2-0 hibs cummings and mcginn

thebakerboy
22-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Not forgetting that the last 2 cup ties at Tyncastle involving Mr Lennon have been 8 1 and 7 0 for his teams!!!

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 06:14 PM
You undercover?
Aye, I signed up years ago. I've never actually posted on it, but it's tempting tonight :greengrin

Leithenhibby
22-01-2017, 06:14 PM

:aok:

GGTTH

Thecat23
22-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Aye, I signed up years ago. I've never actually posted on it, but it's tempting tonight :greengrin

Haha nice one. I can imagine them going at each other!

Pretty Boy
22-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Hearts shouldn't be confident.

We're not an easy team to score against and they have no cutting edge. Their biggest attacking threat was their right back and he's crocked. It wouldn't shock me to see Walker or Nicholson leave before the end of the window as well.

I'm always very nervous when I go to Tynecastle confident but I think we have reason to be this time.

lapsedhibee
22-01-2017, 06:39 PM
p.7: Jambo pointing out that the current situation is perfect for Hearts as for the last few years everyone who's beaten RR has gone on to win the cup. Doesn't seem to have crossed his mind that Hibs can play RR (or perhaps it just wouldn't bother him if we won it again :faf:).

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2017, 06:49 PM

This, it will be tough be it roast rovers or the Fuds.
We will persevere though and go into the next round draw, cause that is what we do

Swedish hibee
22-01-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm not totally confident tbh. This is the draw I really didn't want this early. I know Hearts are v.poor just now- but apart from the Utd game, I haven't been so impressed with Hibs football either.
Shall be rooting for Raith on Wednesday!

Alex Trager
22-01-2017, 06:56 PM

Which we won't.

Apart from by some of our own

corby hibee
22-01-2017, 06:56 PM

same here.

lapsedhibee
22-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Currently not entirely happy with Cathy and arguing that if he implodes over the next difficult run of games he should be emptied and Potter should go with him, as no decent manager will come in to replace Cathy while Potter is seen to be pulling the strings.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2017, 07:06 PM

We won't be anywhere near being favourites against them.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Neil Lenno, Leeann dempster, or anyone at the club with influence must read this and stick it on the dressing room wall. Give every player a copy of it before the game and this will ensure they are well up for it. This post from kickback will surely get us up for skelpingnthese rat eating idiots again!

Anyone got a magnifying glass?

tamig
22-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Currently not entirely happy with Cathy and arguing that if he implodes over the next difficult run of games he should be emptied and Potter should go with him, as no decent manager will come in to replace Cathy while Potter is seen to be pulling the strings.

If that were to happen that would leave Budge in a very difficult position. I get the impression she leans very heavily on Levein. If he were to go it would be bedlam for them.

tamig
22-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Anyone got a magnifying glass?

Aye it's a wee bit blurry.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Did they roll the balls around the bowl before picking them out I can't mind? If not why?

Balls were stationary it was Rod that was rolling around! Has to be a very good reason why they don’t use the same method as the English F.A use but for the life of me I cannot think of one?

tamig
22-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Balls were stationary it was Rod that was rolling around! Has to be a very good reason why they don’t use the same method as the English F.A use but for the life of me I cannot think of one?

They're getting there slowly. At least the screwballs with the team names inside have gone.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2017, 07:25 PM
They're getting there slowly. At least the screwballs with the team names inside have gone.

Screwballs right enough

southern hibby
22-01-2017, 07:31 PM
p.7: Jambo pointing out that the current situation is perfect for Hearts as for the last few years everyone who's beaten RR has gone on to win the cup. Doesn't seem to have crossed his mind that Hibs can play RR (or perhaps it just wouldn't bother him if we won it again :faf:).

Let Hearts beat them we beat hearts we go on to win the cup. We've still beaten raith this season.

GGTTH

SlickShoes
22-01-2017, 07:42 PM
While I am always nervous against hearts, if they manage to beat raith then I highly doubt they will come out and just sit in while trying to scrape a 1-0.

Those are the games we struggle with when teams put 11 behind the ball and just hope for the best that we don't break them down. This what helped us in the cups last season, the teams from the higher divisions didn't do to us what teams like Dumbarton do. When we get the chance to play football we can do it really well, let's just hope hearts or raith want a game of football and we will beat them.

Waxy
22-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Jambos thinking if they knock us out it'll make up for last year. Get it straight jambos, nothing you do now can make up for last year.

Joe6-2
22-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Aye it's a wee bit blurry.

What is it? Says it's an invalid attachment?

Joe6-2
22-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Majority of them are running scared!!

Topographic Hibby
22-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Yesterday's game against the Rose was a no-win game.

Assuming its Hearts, we can't lose. If we get beat....so what!! We will always have 2016 and the memory of all that - we can then concentrate on promotion. If we win then its :lolyam: all over again!!

It's a no-lose game!!!

lapsedhibee
22-01-2017, 08:05 PM

Assuming its Hearts, we can't lose. If we get beat....so what!! We will always have 2016 and the memory of all that - we can then concentrate on promotion. If we win then its :lolyam: all over again!!

It's a no-lose game!!!

What if it's a draw? Any upside to that, at all? :hmmm:

truehibernian
22-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Majority of them are running scared!!

Of Raith or us ?

Great draw for us - for them (Hearts) I'd be more concerned Raith outplayed them once they had belief in themselves and started using their creative players like Chris Johnston better. Raith won't simply stand aside and let them win.

Joe6-2
22-01-2017, 08:07 PM

Well......that's a money spinner of course!

Waxy
22-01-2017, 08:07 PM
I know what you mean. MONEYSPINNER.

Topographic Hibby
22-01-2017, 08:11 PM
What if it's a draw? Any upside to that, at all? :hmmm:...I was thinking of the tie as a whole, but hey, let them have a 2-0 lead with 10 mins to go and get Jase & Paul to......well, you know the rest....!!!!

fulshie
22-01-2017, 08:41 PM
I hope Hearts beat Raith in replay. Lets face it, this is the games we want and want to win. Am confident if its us v them.

22-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Its a derby, anything can happen. I don't believe they have a better team than us but in the past we have gone in with a far weaker team (the Riordan penalty 1-0 game at tynecastle springs to mind the most) but still got a result and same with them. Derbies can be nervous occassions, theres a lot at stake and the atmosphere is as high as it get therefore derbies aren't always necessarily about who's got the better team, its about who handles the big occasion and who holds their nerve. Hearts will be absolutely desperate to regain some sort of one up on us and revenge for last seasons humiliation. The cup win hurt them big time, especially since their bottle job helped take us there. Their song book is in tatters and they haven't had much to slag us about recently. They will be right up for this, huge opportunity to gain something to slag us about other than their pathetic, obsolete 5-1 gestures which they know doesn't have nearly the same affect on us anymore. They might be ***** atm but underestimate them at our peril.

It is very telling though on how the tides have turned. In the past hearts fans would be absolutely beside themselves with joy at drawing hibs at home in the cup, they would be giving it the big un telling us what a pounding they were going to give us etc. It would have been a dream draw for them because they would be so confident of humiliating us. Now though, many of them (going by what i've seen on social media, kickback etc) are absolutely bricking it and saying this was the draw they didn't want. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Come on hibs get right ****ing stuck in about these *******s! Huge chance to compound their misery and humiliation from last season.

GreenLake
22-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Another 0-7 would be funny

22-01-2017, 09:20 PM

We will be nowhere near clear favourites.

tamig
22-01-2017, 09:32 PM
What is it? Says it's an invalid attachment?

It was a screenshot of some posts from the madhouse that you'd need a bionic eye to read. Looks like the guy who posted it has deleted it now.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2017, 09:48 PM

It's a no-lose game!!!

Disagree that it's a no-lose game.

I don't want Hibs to give up the trophy. But if/when we do give it up, I certainly don't want it to be them that knocks us out.

We'll always have 21/05/16 but time moves on. If Hearts knock us out at Tynecastle I certainly wouldn't walk out thinking 'so what'.

Hibee Mac
22-01-2017, 10:02 PM
One side of me wants hearts to win against Raith so we get the Derby.

The superstitious part of me wants Raith to win considering the last 4 or something years the winners have been those who beat Raith.

northstandhibby
22-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Disagree that it's a no-lose game.

I don't want Hibs to give up the trophy. But if/when we do give it up, I certainly don't want it to be them that knocks us out.

We'll always have 21/05/16 but time moves on. If Hearts knock us out at Tynecastle I certainly wouldn't walk out thinking 'so what'.

Being beaten by the Yams is always a real blow just as it is to them when we beat them however the Robbie Replay situation with us going on to win it which killed the hibsed it and 5-1 stone dead was heaven sent. The way we won it after everything thrown at us about the hoodoo was unbeatable. Us winning it in the way we did severely wounded the Yams no doubt about it. It was our deliverance from the Yams and their sms hunyam buddies who took great pleasure in reminding us of the hoodoo. If we were to be beaten this year by the Yams it could never take away a single tiny aspect of our cup win in 2016, however like you I would be gutted of course at losing a derby but nothing not anything could take away the feelings and memories of our cup run that ended so spectacularly with us winning it on 21st May 2016 against the huns.

In any case who knows it might be the rovers we're up against.

Glory Glory

corby hibee
22-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Would love to face hearts but that can wait till next season, i hope raith do them in the replay.

Greentinted
22-01-2017, 11:35 PM
If their game at Starks is an accurate indication of how they are consistently, then I honestly can't see them dispatching Raith in the replay. Wee bits of decent fitba' on occasion, but overall they are honkin!
Another day oot in Kirkcaldy for the Hibs I fancy!

SteveHFC
22-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Hoping Raith pump them on Wednesday. :aok:

SteveHFC
22-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Would love to face hearts but that can wait till next season, i hope raith do them in the replay.

This.

monktonharp
22-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Let's not get too confident eithersuccess brings confidence

monktonharp
23-01-2017, 12:06 AM
I think Raith Rovers will beat them, on Wednesday. an early goal by gonzo. hold out until the end

Baader
23-01-2017, 12:33 AM
So long as our defence shows up we will pump them out for a third consecutive year. The fact we've just played there and scored a lot of goals won't exactly hinder us...

That's if they beat RR. Also their (champ) manager is clueless.

givescotlandfreedom
23-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Jambos thinking if they knock us out it'll make up for last year. Get it straight jambos, nothing you do now can make up for last year.

In that case our knocking them out as holders must make up for 5-1.

givescotlandfreedom
23-01-2017, 12:55 AM
If Hearts do beat Raith I wouldn't want it underestimate them. Remember they don't judge managers but their feats but rather by how well they do against us. We matter more than anyone to them so they will be desperate to win if we meet them so had best be prepared for a scrap. Whilst party popping can I add we scraped through bt the skin of our teeth against Dumbarton a few days ago so are more that capable of playing poorly.

Baader
23-01-2017, 01:25 AM
If Hearts do beat Raith I wouldn't want it underestimate them. Remember they don't judge managers but their feats but rather by how well they do against us. We matter more than anyone to them so they will be desperate to win if we meet them so had best be prepared for a scrap. Whilst party popping can I add we scraped through bt the skin of our teeth against Dumbarton a few days ago so are more that capable of playing poorly.

I agree but Lennon will make sure that doesn't happen. I don't think he likes them very much either! :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2017, 04:17 AM
A wise man once said. Beware Hearts 541TE form going into a Derby.
What they do do well is "backs to the wall stuff". At home you'd be
Daft to underestimate or getting sucked in to their fans concerns.

Forza Fred
23-01-2017, 04:23 AM

I have no fear of Hearts, but I'd still prefer to play Raith

Always like to see Hertz go out at the earliest opportunity

Onion
23-01-2017, 04:24 AM

Then you should be fine. There's no way the bookies or anyone other than Yams themselves who will try tag us as favourites for this one. They're at home, riding high in the Prem while we're in the Championship.

But yet again, it is a Hibs game and Hibernian that will DEFINE Hearts season. We should start charging them a fee :thumbsup:

Bay Area Hibees
23-01-2017, 04:27 AM
I'd rather not be playing them tbh as but would be great to beat them again. Just don't want it to take on more significance than winning the league which despite our lead is still going be tough.

Anyway if worst thing happens it's no massive deal compare to us beating them on way to winning it. They'll never ever top that.

Onion
23-01-2017, 04:30 AM
Another 0-7 would be funny

Good grief :rolleyes:

GreenLake
23-01-2017, 04:46 AM

It might be fitting to describe it as a "cornered rat mentality".

GreenLake
23-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Good grief :rolleyes:

You don't think it would be funny?

eastmainsmsh
23-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Humphrey will run riot

flash
23-01-2017, 06:44 AM
Raith Rovers please. Anyway we have more important games to deal with before then.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2017, 06:47 AM
The Hatchet men would surely be instructed to carry out acts of Berry-ism should Hibs be dishing out any kind of humiliation at home. I imagine the game to be tight.

wookie70
23-01-2017, 06:50 AM
Humphrey will run riot
Hopefully, but he didn't against a Junior side or a part time side.

Itsnoteasy
23-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Humphrey will run riot

He was poor on Saturday

liscious_hibs
23-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Humphrey will run riot

I feel he hides in games and is reluctant to run.

Boyle made the best run down the wing on Saturday that I seen. Other than his goal, Humph was invisible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacoluna
23-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Hibs have a better squad, better 11 and better manager. if they get through we will beat them, no doubt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-01-2017, 07:49 AM

We'll just need to beat them again.

Man Down Under
23-01-2017, 08:09 AM
I think we have a better team at the moment to be honest. Would be super excited to see Hearts play us, might be nerve shredding though, past performances doesn't always hold water in cup games.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

flash
23-01-2017, 08:32 AM

Boyle made the best run down the wing on Saturday that I seen. Other than his goal, Humph was invisible

Bit harsh. He has just arrived and has scored and created already.

liscious_hibs
23-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Bit harsh. He has just arrived and has scored and created already.

Aye I get that, he was invisible at Dumbarton though, that was a tense game and might have clouded my judgement a bit but he didn't stand out for me on Sat.

lord bunberry
23-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Our pink chums are very quiet since the draw was made. Last season they were texting and collectively knocking one out about being the team to make it 115 years. There was also something about a million minutes that resulted in a frenzy of inbreeding, but now nothing. What's gone wrong for them, they're the famous, the big team, 5-1 and aw that.
Theyre absolutely ****ting themselves.

surreyhibbie
23-01-2017, 09:39 AM
one or two are saying its a chance for revenge, but generally they are not a happy bunch over there..

:greengrin

Sammy7nil
23-01-2017, 11:14 AM
You don't think it would be funny?

I think it would be impossible :wink:

lord bunberry
23-01-2017, 11:20 AM
I think it would be impossible :wink:
I don't think it is impossible. Hearts fans marrying out with the family is impossible :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
23-01-2017, 11:21 AM
There are plenty of confident jambos on the EEN page about the draw. They are at the special end of the jambo spectrum though :wink:

Is It On....
23-01-2017, 11:24 AM
They are even claiming that the draw is rigged against them. Superb scenes! :faf:

Apparently they are a team "in transition". Not sure what that means when The Caveman had them in the top 3 but there you go.

Bostonhibby
23-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Apparently they are a team "in transition". Not sure what that means when The Caveman had them in the top 3 but there you go.
Flies reverse transforming back into maggots?

Still get to congregate round the turd just different modes of transport.

jakedance
23-01-2017, 11:38 AM
I'd feel a lot better about this if we were at home. Our best chance might be forcing a replay. I'm never confident going into derbies.

Jack Hackett
23-01-2017, 11:48 AM
I'd feel a lot better about this if we were at home. Our best chance might be forcing a replay. I'm never confident going into derbies.

Yep! A money spinning one is the way to go :greengrin

.... Can you imagine the fear if that's what happens

BSEJVT
23-01-2017, 11:53 AM
I think it has shades of when we beat them with the Wotherspoon Goal after they had humped us in the cup final.

We were vastly inferior to them if you matched us up player v player that day and managed to beat them.

From the little I saw of them yesterday there is not one of them I would take at ER and although I think we will beat them it is far from a foregone conclusion

Btw I think their keeper is an absolute bomb scare, his flapping around reminds me of Makalamby

WeeRussell
23-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Things MUST be getting bad when even the clowns on that forum aren't kidding themselves that they are miles ahead of us. Surprised to see so many of them defeated already :agree:

Jack Hackett
23-01-2017, 12:02 PM
I think it has shades of when we beat them with the Wotherspoon Goal after they had humped us in the cup final.

We were vastly inferior to them if you matched us up player v player that day and managed to beat them.

From the little I saw of them yesterday there is not one of them I would take at ER and although I think we will beat them it is far from a foregone conclusion

Btw I think their keeper is an absolute bomb scare, his flapping around reminds me of Makalamby

Walker is the only one I'd entertain...as a squad player...as he doesn't have a full 90 mins in him.

California-Hibs
23-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Things MUST be getting bad when even the clowns on that forum aren't kidding themselves that they are miles ahead of us. Surprised to see so many of them defeated already :agree:

Yep, so many of them are usually the most arrogant people you could find. We completely rattled them the last few years though, especially in the Scottish Cup last year. It's all very....,pleeeeasing 😏

23-01-2017, 12:04 PM

Absolutely. As I said in my previous post, they will be hell bent on revenge. They're still hurting and embarrassed from their monumental **** up against us last year and the fact we then went onto win it compounded the hurt.

Oscar T Grouch
23-01-2017, 12:29 PM

Thats scary cause it looks like he is the future of Scottish goalkeeping if you look at the last few squads :confused:

southern hibby
23-01-2017, 12:29 PM
They'll want revenge of that there is no doubt. However we have a striker who loves to get one over them, a team still with winning it in their mind and up for it again especially the scenes down Leith Walk that they all talk about. A captain who knows what scoring in injury time at hampden feels like.
A team who on their day have a squad capable of beating any team in Scotland. Also fans who know the table has turned in Edinburgh. The list is endless except for one thing it's a Raith Rover v Hibs next round lol

GGTTH

hibbysam
23-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Absolutely. As I said in my previous post, they will be hell bent on revenge. They're still hurting and embarrassed from their monumental **** up against us last year and the fact we then went onto win it compounded the hurt.

You say that, but how many of their squad that played that day will be playing next month? Different manager, different goalkeeper, whole new back 4, only djoum and Nicholson from the starting 11, and walker and Cowie from the used subs. Their fans may want revenge but they don't influence the game. Majority of their squad know absolutely nothing about the importance of the Derby, whereas our squad has barely changed and we have so many Hibs minded and Scottish players in the squad who just get it.

Vini1875
23-01-2017, 12:47 PM
I'd love to beat them at tynecastle, but would rather beat raith and have the good luck omen for winning the cup. Which ever tie it is, this is a Hibs team who will turn up. They will be favourites and that should suit us. We have the tag of a premier team but we have to get there and beating premier opposition is what gives the players that belief.

I would also love to be 3-0 up with them leaving the ground and us singing that "here we go, two in a row", because once that song is in their head they won't be able to shake it out.

EH6 Hibby
23-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Will Wednesday's game be on tv?

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2017, 12:59 PM
If you put aside our Scottish Cup win and Cathro, underneath it lurks the unspoken Jambo fear of 30 years of financial doping being taken out the picture.

They are scared of a level playing field, and whatever the result of this tie (assuming they beat Raith) that fear will not go away and will be omnipresent in derbies.

SanFranHibs
23-01-2017, 01:27 PM

Sums it up very well for me. I do hope Raith beat them in the replay but the thought of a cup tie against them is a thing Hibernian should relish and never be scared of. Not be arrogant or foolishly over confident, just know it will be a tough, possibly bruising derby.

And may the best team in green win :greengrin

:flag::flag:

SanFranHibs
23-01-2017, 01:30 PM

I think he meant to say, post Romanov they are a team in transparency.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-01-2017, 02:26 PM
After our last couple of wins at tynecastle it will feel like a home tie when we play them there

23-01-2017, 02:57 PM
You say that, but how many of their squad that played that day will be playing next month? Different manager, different goalkeeper, whole new back 4, only djoum and Nicholson from the starting 11, and walker and Cowie from the used subs. Their fans may want revenge but they don't influence the game. Majority of their squad know absolutely nothing about the importance of the Derby, whereas our squad has barely changed and we have so many Hibs minded and Scottish players in the squad who just get it.

True but i'm sure the current lot will be well reminded on how important it is to beat us. Potter no doubt will have them well told.

monktonharp
23-01-2017, 03:58 PM
I'd rather not be playing them tbh as but would be great to beat them again. Just don't want it to take on more significance than winning the league which despite our lead is still going be tough.

.then sir, your ship lies waiting in the Bay. you are one of the few on here that wont want to severely gub them, even if we have to sramble over the league line at the end of season.. we want to beat them, if we get them and I will care if we dont

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2017, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;4916304]I think it has shades of when we beat them with the Wotherspoon Goal after they had humped us in the cup final.

Btw I think their keeper is an absolute bomb scare, his flapping around reminds me of Makalamby[/QUOT

If he is the same guy who played for them against Partick Thistle a few weeks ago he was bloody brilliant in that game, made about 4 really good saves to prevent the Yams getting an absolute doing.

RossScott1991
23-01-2017, 04:32 PM
hey, new to hibs.net. Poster on hibeesbounce Ross Scott1991. Thought was time to join .net !

What are the chances the game being on saturday if it is hearts instead of sunday?
Unfortunately wont be able to make it the sunday, so part of me was gutted when draw was made! praying by some miracle its a saturday lunchtime kick off!

2016 Delivered
23-01-2017, 04:34 PM
hey, new to hibs.net. Poster on hibeesbounce Ross Scott1991. Thought was time to join .net !

What are the chances the game being on saturday if it is hearts instead of sunday?
Unfortunately wont be able to make it the sunday, so part of me was gutted when draw was made! praying by some miracle its a saturday lunchtime kick off!

I think it's cast iron to be on the Sunday on Sky.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2017, 04:35 PM

Its a cert it will be chosen for the TV match, in which case I would guess Sunday lunchtime looks the most likely KO time :confused:

RossScott1991
23-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Its a cert it will be chosen for the TV match, in which case I would guess Sunday lunchtime looks the most likely KO time :confused:

thought as much! remain hopeful raith pump them out anyway, sure also an old firm game this season in league, the 5.1 to celtic was on saturday lunchtime, so glimmer of hope!

GreenLake
23-01-2017, 04:50 PM

A team in perdition.

EastCalderHibby
23-01-2017, 05:26 PM
want a derby to hump them AGAIN. but dont want them getting the money they would make with a derby to pay for their new pbs
get them out as early as pos ...........they are used to that anyway
c-mon the rovers

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Usual derby with a goal either way, folk thinking this is going to be easy are kidding themselves, both games last season were extremely close.

Jim44
23-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Usual derby with a goal either way, folk thinking this is going to be easy are kidding themselves, both games last season were extremely close.

I'm a bit baffled why anyone would think a game against the Jambos might be easy, when you consider the number who thought the match against Bonnyrigg was going to be a challenge and even one we might lose. :confused:

jacomo
23-01-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm a bit baffled why anyone would think a game against the Jambos might be easy, when you consider the number who thought the match against Bonnyrigg was going to be a challenge and even one we might lose. :confused:

Because it's the Scottish Cup!

:wink:

Jim44
23-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Because it's the Scottish Cup!

:wink:

Oh, is that the competition we won last season ? :greengrin

O'Rourke3
23-01-2017, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=BSEJVT;4916304]I think it has shades of when we beat them with the Wotherspoon Goal after they had humped us in the cup final.

Btw I think their keeper is an absolute bomb scare, his flapping around reminds me of Makalamby[/QUOT

If he is the same guy who played for them against Partick Thistle a few weeks ago he was bloody brilliant in that game, made about 4 really good saves to prevent the Yams getting an absolute doing.

He played against us at Tynecastle as a 17yr old and didn't have the nightmare we were all expecting...

Dr Jimmy
23-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Mentioned to my Jambo mate (who is a decent Jambo, that you can talk sensible football stuff with) that against Raith in the cup they "Heartsed it" again. WOW did he not like that 😂😂

TRC
23-01-2017, 06:07 PM
one of the yams on the op's thread saying Levin open the purse strings:tee hee:

Keith_M
23-01-2017, 06:14 PM
I'd much rather Raith get through so we play them... but I think Hearts will win on Wednesday

I still maintain that Hearts should be strong favourites, given our relative league positions.

lapsedhibee
23-01-2017, 06:19 PM
thought as much! remain hopeful raith pump them out anyway, sure also an old firm game this season in league, the 5.1 to celtic was on saturday lunchtime, so glimmer of hope!

Haha! 5.1! Haha!

mutley
23-01-2017, 06:50 PM
The Yams should be worried, if it wasn't for that horrendous miss, it could have been 2-1 Raith

therealgavmac
23-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Haha! 5.1! Haha!

I wondered about this...... LTYF :agree:

Eyrie
23-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Mentioned to my Jambo mate (who is a decent Jambo, that you can talk sensible football stuff with) that against Raith in the cup they "Heartsed it" again. WOW did he not like that 😂😂

I'm not surprised he didn't like it. The correct term is "jambottled it".

Jim44
23-01-2017, 07:38 PM
The Yams should be worried, if it wasn't for that horrendous miss, it could have been 2-1 Raith

Pedantic I know, but, if the RR player had scored, the game would not have taken the course it did and they might not have scored a second.

mutley
23-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Pedantic I know, but, if the RR player had scored, the game would not have taken the course it did and they might not have scored a second.

Yeah I know what you mean, but on the other hand Raith may have got a lift out of it and and fought for the winner

BSEJVT
23-01-2017, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;4916534]

He played against us at Tynecastle as a 17yr old and didn't have the nightmare we were all expecting...

That's the only 2 times I have seen him and to be honest had forgot about the first

I might be proved wrong but thought he looked really rattled at the points where there were players close in around him

Could have just been a bad day at the office for him.

I guess we will see in time.

O'Rourke3
23-01-2017, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=O'Rourke3;4916627]

That's the only 2 times I have seen him and to be honest had forgot about the first

I might be proved wrong but thought he looked really rattled at the points where there were players close in around him

Could have just been a bad day at the office for him.

I guess we will see in time.

If we do play them I'm hoping he has every collective nightmare of Zibi, Makalambey and Simon Brown squared.

The Captain....
23-01-2017, 08:03 PM
The thread where they're all arguing about cheering or not cheering cocknose on Kickback is comedy gold. The obsequiousness is vomit inducing in the pro Rudi camp..only matched by the vein throbbing apoplexy of the minority who think (know) they've gone soft. If you've got 5 mins it's a hilarious read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23-01-2017, 08:57 PM
The thread where they're all arguing about cheering or not cheering cocknose on Kickback is comedy gold. The obsequiousness is vomit inducing in the pro Rudi camp..only matched by the vein throbbing apoplexy of the minority who think (know) they've gone soft. If you've got 5 mins it's a hilarious read.

Link?

basehibby
23-01-2017, 09:04 PM

A puzzling assessment only three games into his Hibs career which has already included a stunning debut with two assists against our sternest challengers for the Title :confused:

Mikey09
23-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Just a wee change of topic... How much pressure is Cathro under in the next few weeks?! Lose to the Rovers on Wed and there season is pretty much over. Win and the Hawrts hoards will go Tonto if we beat them, again. They also have Celtic at Parkhead and a visit from The Rangers. Big games ahead for the Gorgie Guardiola... :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2017, 01:06 AM
should hertz get through the tricky tie with raith i think the budge should consider moving the tie to the biggest football stadium in the city, 3k+ more fans, could be an extra 60k at least...think of the money budge, think of the money hen

:)

Oscar T Grouch
24-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Link?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/166655-cheering-rudi/

Geo_1875
24-01-2017, 07:14 AM
should hertz get through the tricky tie with raith i think the budge should consider moving the tie to the biggest football stadium in the city, 3k+ more fans, could be an extra 60k at least...think of the money budge, think of the money hen

:)

She's already got the money from the next round replay at Easter Road earmarked for a new handbag.

HIBERNIAN-0762

Some hilarious stuff there, I'm blootered wi the flu but that has cheered me up no end.

Fuds.

mjhibby
The fixture list is tough to say the least. I doubt the pbs faithful are expecting to get anything at parkhead but sevco the week before we most probably play them followed by well away they most certainly will expect at least four points. if not the pressure will be huge on Cathy. Also if they don't go in having picked up a few points they will be tired and deflated. You never know in derbies but I do feel hopeful. That is of course assuming they win the replay.

Keith_M
24-01-2017, 07:21 AM
should hertz get through the tricky tie with raith i think the budge should consider moving the tie to the biggest football stadium in the city, 3k+ more fans, could be an extra 60k at least...think of the money budge, think of the money hen :)

They should move it to Murrayfield.

With the size of their support (~400k), they would sell it out no bother and make a 1/2 million or so profit... which they could use to tidy up the John Robertson Lounge.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2017, 07:41 AM
The fixture list is tough to say the least. I doubt the pbs faithful are expecting to get anything at parkhead but sevco the week before we most probably play them followed by well away they most certainly will expect at least four points. if not the pressure will be huge on Cathy. Also if they don't go in having picked up a few points they will be tired and deflated. You never know in derbies but I do feel hopeful. That is of course assuming they win the replay.

They play Motherwell before our potential match so a replay against Raith followed by 3 tough games before playing us could send them in to meltdown

Springbank
24-01-2017, 12:36 PM

Wow.
On that evidence the good ship HMS Hearts-Under-Budge is about to experience a serious mutiny.
If we go 1-0 up early at Tynecastle (like, Brian Kerr early) there’ll be fisticuffs, fights among hearts fans, and police throwing jambos out the ground before half time.
Make It Happen…

RossScott1991
24-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Haha! 5.1! Haha!

Hibs fan, was merely pointing out which old firm game there have been 3. Feel free to check twitter if think am a Jambo haha!

RossScott1991
24-01-2017, 01:39 PM
I wondered about this...... LTYF :agree:

Again feel free to find me on twitter! Been on hibeesbounce for years literally just joined .net for first time! Was only pointing out which old firm game as there have been 3 so excuse the error on my part putting that ! Haha

Oscar T Grouch
24-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Again feel free to find me on twitter! Been on hibeesbounce for years literally just joined .net for first time! Was only pointing out which old firm game as there have been 3 so excuse the error on my part putting that ! Haha

Its a tradition on here to out all new comers as hertz fans, it sort of an initiation. If you are a jambo your user name will turn pink soon enough :greengrin

Since90+2
24-01-2017, 02:13 PM
If it was to go to a replay does anyone have an idea what date it might be played?

lapsedhibee
24-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Hibs fan, was merely pointing out which old firm game there have been 3. Feel free to check twitter if think am a Jambo haha!

Like you're the same person, haha! The twitter guy, who is a hibby, is Ross_Scott1991, haha!

24-01-2017, 03:08 PM

One yam on twitter said "I love Rudi as much as the next jambo but next time can we please keep the **** fest till after the game".

A fair point!

RossScott1991
24-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Like you're the same person, haha! The twitter guy, who is a hibby, is Ross_Scott1991, haha!

I didnt keep exactly the same username, however if you want to tweet me i am happy to respond on twitter confirming this is indeed me and i am a hibs season ticket holder haha, even send you a picture of my season ticket !

spend alot time on this forum at work, so thought it was about time i joined as the chat is alot more frequent and threads bigger than hibeesbounce

Insulted to be even under suspicion as a jambo!!, happy to clear my name hahahaha

RossScott1991
24-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Its a tradition on here to out all new comers as hertz fans, it sort of an initiation. If you are a jambo your user name will turn pink soon enough :greengrin

So i am finding out hahahaha all good, i know what side my bread is buttered!

WS Hibs
24-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Had a look on Kickback last night for just about the first time in my life to see what the fuss was about. Before I start going off on one, I know Kickback doesn't represent all Hearts fans. There are plenty of normal ones who probably laugh at that forum as much as we do. But some of the drivel I read on there was breathtaking.

First thing I noticed was that using the word Hibs is not fashionable on Kickback, instead words such as "vermin" are substituted in. Anybody who doesn't toe the line of "Hearts are brilliant and can do no wrong" on the forum is declared not to be a PHM (which I believe means Proper Hearts Man - :rolleyes:). Right now all is not well on the pitch for Hearts, so threads are started which declare that the more negative posters are A) Hibs fans, B) Trolls or C) Hearts fans who have "gone soft". They are blindly geeing themselves up for a Scottish cup tie that is not only a month away, but that they're not even officially in yet. Despite the more sensible posters reminding them that their arrogant predictions have blown up in their faces before (last year's Scottish Cup game against us being a great example), all negative history is wiped out by Kickback users.

All in all, it was the sort of thing I would expect to find on a Rangers forum. Humorless, arrogant and lacking any shred of self-awareness. Quite honestly a weird place full of dangerous, disturbed fantasists. I'd love to see them walk up to any Hibs fan and say the sort of things that are clearly in their heads when they type it down on Kickback. I've read .net when things haven't being going quite so well for Hibs, but I can 100% say that it has never come near to the stage of infighting and general sh***baggery as Kickback seems to thrive on.

Over and out, thank **** I'm a Hibee.

Mikey09
24-01-2017, 04:49 PM
If it was to go to a replay does anyone have an idea what date it might be played?

Dinnae ask Cathro...

Mikey09
24-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Had a look on Kickback last night for just about the first time in my life to see what the fuss was about. Before I start going off on one, I know Kickback doesn't represent all Hearts fans. There are plenty of normal ones who probably laugh at that forum as much as we do. But some of the drivel I read on there was breathtaking.

First thing I noticed was that using the word Hibs is not fashionable on Kickback, instead words such as "vermin" are substituted in. Anybody who doesn't toe the line of "Hearts are brilliant and can do no wrong" on the forum is declared not to be a PHM (which I believe means Proper Hearts Man - :rolleyes:). Right now all is not well on the pitch for Hearts, so threads are started which declare that the more negative posters are A) Hibs fans, B) Trolls or C) Hearts fans who have "gone soft". They are blindly geeing themselves up for a Scottish cup tie that is not only a month away, but that they're not even officially in yet. Despite the more sensible posters reminding them that their arrogant predictions have blown up in their faces before (last year's Scottish Cup game against us being a great example), all negative history is wiped out by Kickback users.

All in all, it was the sort of thing I would expect to find on a Rangers forum. Humorless, arrogant and lacking any shred of self-awareness. Quite honestly a weird place full of dangerous, disturbed fantasists. I'd love to see them walk up to any Hibs fan and say the sort of things that are clearly in their heads when they type it down on Kickback. I've read .net when things haven't being going quite so well for Hibs, but I can 100% say that it has never come near to the stage of infighting and general sh***baggery as Kickback seems to thrive on.

They have a 3 page thread titled FTH. :faf::faf::faf:

GreenLake
24-01-2017, 05:25 PM
They have a 3 page thread titled FTH. :faf::faf::faf:

They hate us openly but deep inside they hate themselves - all cheats do.

jacomo
25-01-2017, 03:07 PM
They hate us openly but deep inside they hate themselves - all cheats do.

A lifetime of convincing yourself maroon is a nice colour will do that to a person.

Deansy
25-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Been saying that for ages, the only difference between 'Sick-bag' and mong-media' is the colour of the sites - historically both clubs have always attracted the I.Q-Challenged-element.

hibees 7062
25-01-2017, 03:43 PM
They're in for Ryan McGowan and Esmael Goncalves

hibees 7062
25-01-2017, 03:51 PM

As Rudi is a real hearts fan and given half a chance to score an o.g he probably would have :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-01-2017, 03:55 PM

Does it not go to extra time , then penalties tonight .

houstonhibbee
25-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Does it not go to extra time , then penalties tonight .
I think he means hearts V hibs if it happens

erin go bragh
25-01-2017, 06:58 PM

On the STV news , saying they have had a second bid of 250k rejected for
Goncalves .

erin go bragh
25-01-2017, 07:00 PM

On the STV news , saying they have had a second bid of 250k rejected for
Goncalves .
1 nil to Raith :)

Famous Fiver
25-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Life is full of surprises.

They are allegedly £3 Million short to finish their 'new' stand, are relying on donations on a weekly basis, cake sales, stiffing the Poppy Fund, have a fan owning them and charging 6.5% interest on money she has put up and yet, wait for it , are bidding £250,000 for a player.

WTF is that all about??

Have they learned nothing????

Talk about leopards never changing their spots.

Speechless.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Can't see them offering 250k for anyone. All talk to appease the easily fooled Eejits that follow them.

Mantis Toboggan
25-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Been saying that for ages, the only difference between 'Sick-bag' and mong-media' is the colour of the sites - historically both clubs have always attracted the I.Q-Challenged-element.

The level of abuse is pretty frightening and is most certainly comparable to the mentally challenged followers of sevco. Diet huns indeed.

hibees 7062
25-01-2017, 11:12 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16142408_1934928346731220_1230752013473385859_n.jp g?oh=0c8071f8efac9f0c17cde0d40948c3ef&oe=5908A396https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16195137_1934929340064454_1763661151911892463_n.jp g?oh=726697454792fa0f5e5be25a1f46f60c&oe=592099BD

Pete
26-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Seems like some of them are getting confident again.

They've scraped through against a championship side who's form is relegation material. They couldn't beat them over 180 minutes home or away and not only that, Raith created numerous chances and can consider themselves unlucky.
They are still soft as ***** all over the park, have nervous bottlers in their jerseys and have a clueless manager who has still won only one game.

Add this to the fact that their midfield has shat it every time they've played us since 2015.

Yeah, I can see why they're confident.

lord bunberry
26-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Seems like some of them are getting confident again.

They've scraped through against a championship side who's form is relegation material. They couldn't beat them over 180 minutes home or away and not only that, Raith created numerous chances and can consider themselves unlucky.
They are still soft as ***** all over the park, have nervous bottlers in their jerseys and have a clueless manager who has still won only one game.

Add this to the fact that their midfield has shat it every time they've played us since 2015.

Yeah, I can see why they're confident.
It's all bravado mate. I was talking to one of them last night at the bus station. He was giving it all that, but the look in his eyes and face was saying something different. They're scared and they don't know how to deal with it.

26-01-2017, 11:34 AM
I can see why they aren't confident. 2 games they failed to beat Raith but got through with their usual token penalties but hearts have an absolutely uncanny reputation for always just getting that stroke of luck against us. The sparky free kick that despite being miles over the line was chopped off, Forsters goal at tynecastle that was chopped off even though it was clearly onside, the many retrospective red cards they've had against us etc all being recent examples.

26-01-2017, 11:37 AM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16142408_1934928346731220_1230752013473385859_n.jp g?oh=0c8071f8efac9f0c17cde0d40948c3ef&oe=5908A396https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16195137_1934929340064454_1763661151911892463_n.jp g?oh=726697454792fa0f5e5be25a1f46f60c&oe=592099BD

That Danny Granger is a ****er. Another snivelling wee hearts sook up.

Brooster
26-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Lets not kid ourselves. This will be a very tough tie. They have home advantage and we will have to be at the top of our game to get a result.

Deansy
26-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Lets not kid ourselves. This will be a very tough tie. They have home advantage and we will have to be at the top of our game to get a result.

Ditto - we should NOT get too carried away !. Obviously we now have the upper hand in terms of having a better squad whilst 'Playing within their means' is doing serious pyschological damage to the 'Charity Thieves FC' - but never underestimate the 'Cornered Rat' !

northstandhibby
26-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Ditto - we should NOT get too carried away !. Obviously we now have the upper hand in terms of having a better squad whilst 'Playing within their means' is doing serious pyschological damage to the 'Charity Thieves FC' - but never underestimate the 'Cornered Rat' !

Totally agree with you. However I would propose a quiet confidence as the most appropriate way to approach this game as we do have the better team and I would argue spirit too.

We should be confident of getting a result against the current hertz team albeit as you rightly state we should not be underestimating them.

The width we now have of Boyle and Humphries should keep them pinned down more with both of them ready to pounce on any counter attacks if need be and makes me much more upbeat going into this game.

Glory Glory

jacomo
26-01-2017, 12:39 PM

For sure. I am confident we will be.

Betty Boop
26-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Can't see them offering 250k for anyone. All talk to appease the easily fooled Eejits that follow them.
Fee agreed 170k apparently.

nellio
26-01-2017, 01:52 PM

I just cant understand how they can afford a fee for any player especially when they are 3 million short of paying for their new stand. Unreal stuff??

swordin3
26-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Lets be realistic they beat Raith but if there support are still gravely worried that the mighty Hibees will turn them over at the PBS. After the last cup exit the whole support went in to a meltdown .If we can put together a few good results before we arrive at the pink toilet they will be bottling it mega style.:flag::flag:

JK Rolling
26-01-2017, 02:24 PM

This has the potential to give them a real gee up. He absolutely tore them a new one in the League Cup final, in the process showing he was a quality player. A quick look on Youtube shows that, if anything, he's improved.

2016 Delivered
26-01-2017, 02:29 PM
He's at a ***** team in Cyrpus just now who are willing to sell him. He can't be that good. McGregor will go through him in the first 5 and we won't see him again.

Turkish Green
26-01-2017, 02:39 PM

Based on current form and what I have seen of the teams, Hibs have nothing to fear. Hearts' defence is weak and cannot defend corners, which I doubt Cathro will be able to sort in the time he has before the tie, especially if they get doings from Celtic, Rangers and 'Well.

Pete
26-01-2017, 04:10 PM
This has the potential to give them a real gee up. He absolutely tore them a new one in the League Cup final, in the process showing he was a quality player. A quick look on Youtube shows that, if anything, he's improved.

They probably could have got better for nothing if they weren't under severe pressure or had better contacts.

Nothing our defence haven't dealt with before.

Just 170,000 more reasons for them to start booing him.

Pete
26-01-2017, 04:51 PM
It's all bravado mate. I was talking to one of them last night at the bus station. He was giving it all that, but the look in his eyes and face was saying something different. They're scared and they don't know how to deal with it.

They'll soon learn.

It's as if the roles have now been reversed. We are a solid team who are better all over the park while they are a shambles who think that one or two big signings will fix things.

Let them get confident again I say!

P.s. not too much eye contact with them! They might get the wrong idea.

HappyHibby93
26-01-2017, 05:23 PM
We've every right to be confident as they've hit a real slump since cathro has come in, and we are on a pretty good run. Will be a very close game though i think. Cummings to score anytime is a sure thing though.. :wink:

Jones28
26-01-2017, 05:26 PM
I never feel confident in derbys but we are playing well, keeping it tight at the back and are in a good place with strikers. Don't how well suited to Humphrey and Boyle the narrow pitch at Tynecastle is.

It's good to know that Grant Holt will batter the back line with Cummings and Keatings feeding off him though.

Big L
26-01-2017, 06:19 PM

MK Dons must have paid a fee for the lad Muirhead, maybe that's where they got the cash for Goncalvas, who BTW is not that good!

DaveF
26-01-2017, 07:47 PM

Sounds like a Jamie Walker clone if his wiki page is to be believed :greengrin

"In a 1–1 draw against Celtic on 31 March 2013, Gonçalves caused controversy when he dived to win the penalty after being fouled by Emilio Izaguirre, though there's no proof that Izaguirre touched Gonçalves in the penalty box, thanks to TV pictures. After the match, Gonçalves was given a two match ban by the SFA, following an issue of complaint for his action of diving"

Marco G
26-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Sounds like a Jamie Walker clone if his wiki page is to be believed :greengrin

"In a 1–1 draw against Celtic on 31 March 2013, Gonçalves caused controversy when he dived to win the penalty after being fouled by Emilio Izaguirre, though there's no proof that Izaguirre touched Gonçalves in the penalty box, thanks to TV pictures. After the match, Gonçalves was given a two match ban by the SFA, following an issue of complaint for his action of diving"
Should fit in well then!

SirDavidsNapper
27-01-2017, 12:08 PM
I fancy Hibs for the simple reason I wouldn't take any of their players over ours. We have a very strong squad and they know it. The nucleus of the Hibs side have played together for a while now and have a good understanding. This team, bar a few new additions, have just won the Scottish Cup. We are no mugs. I also think Lennon's big game experience will be vital. Every game over the last 3 seasons now has been a "must win", it's ingrained in these players mindsets. We have a winning habbit which is very hard to break. Hearts on the other hand will probably lose two out of the next three at least before playing us and have been lurching from one poor performance to the next since the caveman left. I might be wrong but we should have enough to beat them.