PDA

View Full Version : Hearts'd it.

Pete
22-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Hearts it: To be in a good position, only to bottle it and throw it away. Especially against "smaller" teams in cup competitions.

I didn't watch the game today but it looked like they did indeed Hearts it in Kirkcaldy today.

They need to watch out as this is becoming quite a familiar thing. I'm not sure they have the bottle to shake off such an unfortunate tag, should it stick.

Canon Hannan
22-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Hearts it: To be in a good position, only to bottle it and throw it away. Especially against "smaller" teams in cup competitions.

I didn't watch the game today but it looked like they did indeed Hearts it in Kirkcaldy today.

They need to watch out as this is becoming quite a familiar thing. I'm not sure they have the bottle to shake off such an unfortunate tag, should it stick.

Heartsd it 😂😂😂👍☘

Famous Fiver
22-01-2017, 03:25 PM
I feel an e-mail to Oxford English Dictionary coming on.

'Heartsed it.' Slips off the tongue quite easily, methinks.

Official definition -

'Ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory practised by a Scottish Football Club based in Gorgie, Edinburgh. First identified outbreak, League Championship decider 1964/65, famously demonstrated at Dens Park, Dundee 1986, continued at Tynecastle Park early 2016 in a local derby, repeated in Kirkcaldy February 2017. A long standing and ongoing condition manifested on innumerable other occasions as well as these highlighted.'

Based on the above it must be a stonewaller for addition to the dictionary.

LithgaeHibby
22-01-2017, 03:37 PM
I feel an e-mail to Oxford English Dictionary coming on.

'Heartsed it.' Slips off the tongue quite easily, methinks.

Official definition -

'Ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory practised by a Scottish Football Club based in Gorgie, Edinburgh. First identified outbreak, League Championship decider 1964/65, famously demonstrated at Dens Park, Dundee 1986, continued at Tynecastle Park early 2016 in a local derby, repeated in Kirkcaldy February 2017. A long standing and ongoing condition manifested on innumerable other occasions as well as these highlighted.'

Based on the above it must be a stonewaller for addition to the dictionary.

Chuck in St Mirren in the league cup final too, deserves a mention :wink:

High-On-Hibs
22-01-2017, 03:38 PM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2a859qs.jpg

Jack Hackett
22-01-2017, 03:45 PM

:top marks

Much prefer Jambottled to Hearts'd, as this associates them with the cup winning 'Hibs'd'

jacomo
22-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Don't blame Cathro.

There's only so much a coach can do with these Jambottlers.

Hi Heid Yin
22-01-2017, 03:49 PM
:top marks

Much prefer Jambottled to Hearts'd, as this associates them with the cup winning 'Hibs'd'

Aye, "Jambottled-it" is definitely the phrase to use.

erin go bragh
22-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Throw in their collapse at ER against 9 men ICT .

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Don't blame Cathro.

:agree: They don't seem to win cup games since they shamed themselves with the poppy charity and the financial doping stopped.

northstandhibby
22-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Don't blame Cathro.

After watching his post match tv interview his nickname should be 'mumbles'.

Definite Jambottlers.

:giruy2:

Glory Glory

xyz23jc
22-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Why isn't this a poll? Hearts'd it or Jambottled it! 1 vote here for JAMBOTTLED IT1 :thumbsup::agree::greengrin:flag:

Gogs07
22-01-2017, 09:34 PM
:wtf:Cathro, on his after match horror show interview!! He was either on medication/drunk or has serious learning difficulties for his slurring and time delay for answering basic questions!

Fife-Hibee
22-01-2017, 09:36 PM

10/10