PDA

View Full Version : New chant

wookie70
22-01-2017, 10:41 AM
What was the new chant sung a few times yesterday. It sounded like Here we go, two in a row.

I'm not keen on looking beyond the round we are in but it shows the confidence the support seems to have at the moment.

hibbysam
22-01-2017, 10:42 AM
What was the new chant sung a few times yesterday. It sounded like Here we go, two in a row.

I'm not keen on looking beyond the round we are in but it shows the confidence the support seems to have at the moment.

It was that, and it was more a tongue in cheek chant than people truly expecting us to lift the trophy this year again, not outwith the realms of possibility however.

wookie70
22-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Quite liked it and having a bit of cockiness isn't a bad thing as a support and that is coming from a bit of a doom and gloomer. The atmosphere was really good yesterday. Hopefully a good draw at ER in the next round and we can really start to think about the possibilities of a great defence of the trophy. After 114 years we will want to hold on as tightly as possible.

GreenCastle
22-01-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm sure someone has a video of it as fans leaving the roseburn stand were singing away.

The drum at games makes such a difference.

It was a tongue in cheek chant but pretty funny and catchy.

Wilson
22-01-2017, 10:51 AM
It was that, and it was more a tongue in cheek chant than people truly expecting us to lift the trophy this year again, not outwith the realms of possibility however.

Agree, clearly tongue in cheek. That we can have a bit of fun in this competition is indicative of the weight that was lifted by the team winning the cup.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2017, 11:13 AM
I don't think, at this stage in the tournament, it was an entirely serious chant.

It was a bit of fun and nothing more.

If we happen to get into the semis or even the final then maybe it will be a bit more of a serious statement.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Didn't hear it, what was the tune

S4uzee
22-01-2017, 11:44 AM
It's a Celtic song ...

Dunbar Hibee
22-01-2017, 11:50 AM
It's a Celtic song ...

It's not though is it. Loads of teams have been singing it for years and years.

Scottie
22-01-2017, 11:58 AM
It's a Celtic song ...
Sellick haven't got any of their own songs they just steal everybody else's. :agree: