PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Mallan St Mirren, Are hfc interested?

monktonharp
22-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Is there any mileage on this one? Hibernian were earlier known to be interested in him . is it still a possible? he is a fantastic young player imho and the type we should be prepared to spend money on. not quite the finished article I suppose but nevertheless a good player with the same pedigree as SJM. thoughts?

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 01:22 AM
I thought he'd already singed for Barnsley mate.

CMurdoch
22-01-2017, 01:29 AM
I thought he'd already singed for Barnsley mate.

The story I heard was Barnsley had offered a pathetic £150k, chancin' kents.
Hibs should try to get him on a similar deal to McGinn.
That way everyone!s a winner.

monktonharp
22-01-2017, 01:34 AM
yup, I heard that derisory figure today. he is worth much more. thought it was from our club... However, I'd be surprised if we could top their wage offer. A real shame to lose a very promising football player from Scotland, to that level in England.

Unseen work
22-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Would he even get a game for us?

Would play behind the striker presumably.

We have guys like Keatings, Shinnie, Mcginn/mcgeouch and Martin who can play that role.

Would he be much better than them?

If he is he must be a hell of a player

CMurdoch
22-01-2017, 01:56 AM
yup, I heard that derisory figure today. he is worth much more. thought it was from our club... However, I'd be surprised if we could top their wage offer. A real shame to lose a very promising football player from Scotland, to that level in England.

Yeah, exactly that.

CMurdoch
22-01-2017, 02:01 AM

We have guys like Keatings, Shinnie, Mcginn/mcgeouch and Martin who can play that role.

If he is he must be a hell of a player

Even better, sign him and allow him to remain at St Mirren till the summer.
Shinnie will be away by then.
Coming to Hibs he has a chance to move to a club that will be in the top 5 in the SPL next season.
If he excels at that level he can then think about going to Englandshire.

CMurdoch
22-01-2017, 02:12 AM

r

Thats one for Lennon to decide.
Not seeing the guy live every week it is hard for me be certain whether he is good enough.

Re Barnsley, they are doing better than they have done for years but only get 14,000 supporters.
Bigger teams have started to pick their better players off so they will start to drop down the table.

J-C
22-01-2017, 06:13 AM
Seemingly played a blinder yesterday.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Mallan is a great young talent. He has about 100 games under his belt already, has a decent goal scoring record and has been his team's stand out player. He is well worth trying to secure.
We can offer things he may not get in England like first team football, no need to resettle, playing in the top league and the chance to put yourself in the frame for a Scotland call up. Would McGinn be a full international if he had been playing for some championship reserve team?
This is exactly the type of player we should be going for, as the signing of McGinn has shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountcastleHibs
22-01-2017, 08:30 AM
The story I heard was Barnsley had offered a pathetic £150k, chancin' kents.
Hibs should try to get him on a similar deal to McGinn.
That way everyone!s a winner.

He's out of contract at the end of the season, so I'd imagine that's the reason for such a low offer.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Have Barnsley not just shifted on one of their players for huge money?

wookie70
22-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Can we try to get someone to throw a corner flag at him. This is the type of player I want us to be looking at. Young and talented with some games under their belt. The step up to Hibs is doable and the rewards for all concerned are good. I have no issue with offering st mirren a cut of future spoils as that keeps everyone happy.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Can we try to get someone to throw a corner flag at him. This is the type of player I want us to be looking at. Young and talented with some games under their belt. The step up to Hibs is doable and the rewards for all concerned are good. I have no issue with offering st mirren a cut of future spoils as that keeps everyone happy.

Exactly. This is the market we should be looking at. McGinn will go in the summer and we'll probably bank about £2m. We should be looking at the next player that may make the step up.

anon1875
22-01-2017, 09:59 AM
He's out in Glasgow a lot, would go for another target personally. Think he has good ability but

neil7908
22-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Can't say I've seen him play more than a few times but he's stood out.

McGinn has been an exceptional signing and Mallan may not work out as well but I think he's worth a go. Exactly the kind of player we should be prepared to pay a transfer fee for.

Nicho87
22-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Always caught my eye when they play at easter road.

hibee92
22-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Exceptionally good footballer. Hope we're in for him.

where'stheslope
22-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Exactly. This is the market we should be looking at. McGinn will go in the summer and we'll probably bank about £2m. We should be looking at the next player that may make the step up.

Can't believe that McGinn would leave us when we go up!

I could see it if we never went up, but when we go up better monies will be available to keep our top players!!!

ekhibee
22-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Is there any mileage on this one? Hibernian were earlier known to be interested in him . is it still a possible? he is a fantastic young player imho and the type we should be prepared to spend money on. not quite the finished article I suppose but nevertheless a good player with the same pedigree as SJM. thoughts?
Totally agree, I've said for some time now that we should try and get him. Not quite sure how long he has left on his contract with Saints but I really think he'd be worth the money in any case.

https://youtu.be/7zNnAS9ScSM

Dibben
22-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Can't believe that McGinn would leave us when we go up!

I could see it if we never went up, but when we go up better monies will be available to keep our top players!!!

I'd like to think (hope) that McGinn would want to stay another year year and play Premiership football with Hibs!!!

I would hope we wouldn't actively sell him. Same with Cummings!!

Ozyhibby
22-01-2017, 06:53 PM
I'd like to think (hope) that McGinn would want to stay another year year and play Premiership football with Hibs!!!

I would hope we wouldn't actively sell him. Same with Cummings!!

Unless he signs a new deal I'm pretty confident we will sell in the summer. We won't want his contract to get to the stage where there is only 12 months left.

hibeemikey21
22-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Unless he signs a new deal I'm pretty confident we will sell in the summer. We won't want his contract to get to the stage where there is only 12 months left.

Id be seething if we let him go for £2 mil. Bear in mind, St Mirren would take a hefty wedge of that (30% iirc)

brianmc
22-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Isn't McGinn 18 months into a 4 year contract?

CMurdoch
22-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Isn't McGinn 18 months into a 4 year contract?

Yes, but at the end of next season he will only have a year left.

GreenCastle
22-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Heard he is going to Dundee ?