21-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Can't believe they are nut starting with the holders - **** the BBC

21-01-2017, 09:42 PM
How did Motherwell blow this

Fannies

21-01-2017, 09:46 PM
They might just be starting with this game because it was the first tie that was actually played.

21-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Keeping the best till last.

21-01-2017, 09:48 PM
They might just be starting with this game because it was the first tie that was actually played.

And Sky covered it so a lot of the production was already taken care of.

I don't think that's any indication of anti-Hibs bias. Far from it.

Topographic Hibby
21-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Opening titles were very much pro Hibs. Loads of commentary clips from last May.

21-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Jeez the paranoia is in overdrive just now. Holders or not they were always showing that first. And as others have alluded prob easy to make the highlights early on as was on t.v

As a hide how can Thompson be classed as one of our best. Although it's funny it's sevco, how can he deem that not a pen from 5 yards away?

21-01-2017, 09:54 PM
25 mins of this pish 😴

21-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Can't believe they are nut starting with the holders - **** the BBC

Stop with this paranoid sh*te, embarrassing

Hibs on now

any links ?

21-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Just as I thought at the time, a shocker of a penalty decision. Presuming Lennon just didn't want to take shine away from Bonnyrigg today by calling the boy a diver.

BH Hibs
21-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Where's wee Pat?

21-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Just as I thought at the time, a shocker of a penalty decision. Presuming Lennon just didn't want to take shine away from Bonnyrigg today by calling the boy a diver.

Shocking decision for the penalty, total dive.

21-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Shocking decision for the penalty, total dive.

I actually thought at the time there was a tangle, and then he took a couple of steps and fell, turns out there wasn't even a tangle and the big buddy up top just hit the deck!

21-01-2017, 10:12 PM
2 in a row here we go. Hope the second hurts just as much

21-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Two big decisions in the game. Muir got both of them wrong. Never a penalty in real time and even more of a dive than I thought. The tackle on Humphrey is as bad as you will see all season. Clear red from 70 yards away and even worse when seen on the highlights. At some point the decisions must go our way but I'm glad it was in a game we won so easily and Chris H is still walking on two legs.

Two games in on the highlights and already the refs are having a nightmare.

Some great goals from Hibs today.

21-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Thought the highlights of our game were decent enough. Could've been one of the 'round up' games but to be fair it was one of the featured games given the full treatment with full commentary. Not to mention a few sly digs from Liam McLeod - made quite a bit of the the fact we scored 7 goals at Tynie when the 7th went in. Nice one :greengrin

21-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Dive was embarrassing. Hoskins challenge on Humphrey was awful. Make no mistake he tried to do him.

21-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Ross County have shown the way for SPL survival. In January you sign a squad of soccer mercenaries on short term contracts until the end of the season. Then you start again in August as is deemed necessary. It's a formula that seems to work.

21-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Two big decisions in the game. Muir got both of them wrong. Never a penalty in real time and even more of a dive than I thought. The tackle on Humphrey is as bad as you will see all season. Clear red from 70 yards away and even worse when seen on the highlights. At some point the decisions must go our way but I'm glad it was in a game we won so easily and Chris H is still walking on two legs.

Two games in on the highlights and already the refs are having a nightmare.

Some great goals from Hibs today.

Rose should have a penalty for Holt's handball so that's 3 bad decisions.

21-01-2017, 10:42 PM

Would have been very soft. He was only a yard away from him.

21-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Nah, it was fair enough ... if the game had been closer or controversial then fine, but it was a one way rout.

21-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Dive was embarrassing. Hoskins challenge on Humphrey was awful. Make no mistake he tried to do him.

It was Hoskins reaction that was worse. Walked straight past the crumpled Humphrey, questioned the yellow and was happy to tell a hibs player there was nowt wrong with it.

21-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Would have been very soft. He was only a yard away from him.

His hands were out in front of him so it's a penalty. No question.

But the first one wasn't so it evened out.

21-01-2017, 10:50 PM
It was Hoskins reaction that was worse. Walked straight past the crumpled Humphrey, questioned the yellow and was happy to tell a hibs player there was nowt wrong with it.

Yep. Thought big Daz was gonna give him a swift right hook. Stick to the juniors Dean... :aok:

21-01-2017, 10:51 PM
I'm I right in thinking Hoskins is the one hibee in the bonnyrig team?

Rougier45

Absolute shocker

Yep. Thought big Daz was gonna give him a swift right hook. Stick to the juniors Dean... :aok:

Said that at the time. Daz is like that mate on a night out that no matter how much bother you are in, he is over by your side. Today he ran about 50 yards after it had calmed down about to knock the laddie out, same with that scrote Skacel the other week.

21-01-2017, 10:52 PM

No, Turner apparently.

21-01-2017, 10:53 PM

Hes a yam.

the lad who dived for the penalty is a hibee apparently

Rougier45
Stop with this paranoid sh*te, embarrassing

What paranoia we are the holders playing a non league team - should have fronted the highlights

I thought he got that right. The ball was blasted from a few yards away. There is no way Holt could have got his arm out the way and it was not deliberate in my view. It was though a big decision so credit should be given for him getting that right. All three decisions were pretty easy decisions as far as I'm concerned. To only get one right is poor and as far as we know he might not have known Holt hit the ball with his hand so he may have got that right for the wrong reason.

His hands were out in front of him so it's a penalty. No question.

But the first one wasn't so it evened out.

Wouldn't have expected to have been given that penalty is it was the other way around. Ball hit Holt from about a yard away so it would have been a very harsh penalty.

21-01-2017, 10:55 PM
I thought he got that right. The ball was blasted from a few yards away. There is no way Holt could have got his arm out the way and it was not deliberate in my view. It was though a big decision so credit should be given for him getting that right. All three decisions were pretty easy decisions as far as I'm concerned. To only get one right is poor and as far as we know he might not have known Holt hit the ball with his hand so he may have got that right for the wrong reason.

To be fair, Holt himself thought it was a penalty, as did I right in line in the Wheatfield. Holts arms were out in front of his body and stopped the ball progressing into the box.

21-01-2017, 10:59 PM
To be fair, Holt himself thought it was a penalty, as did I right in line in the Wheatfield. Holts arms were out in front of his body and stopped the ball progressing into the box. He must have good reactions to deliberately handle a ball blasted at him from a few yards. His hands were out but to me they never moved towards the ball.

EastCalderHibby
21-01-2017, 11:00 PM
wouldn't have expected to have been given that penalty is it was the other way around. Ball hit holt from about a yard away so it would have been a very harsh penalty.

just like the one they did get

Cod Boy
21-01-2017, 11:06 PM
I'm surprised sportscene know who are championship and lower league teams as they don't seem to exist any other programme.

21-01-2017, 11:15 PM
The boy who halved Humphrey was A jambo and ginger? No wonder it all got too much for him playing the Scottish cup winners and being pumped at tynecastle too.

22-01-2017, 03:15 AM
Jeez the paranoia is in overdrive just now. Holders or not they were always showing that first. And as others have alluded prob easy to make the highlights early on as was on t.v

As a hide how can Thompson be classed as one of our best. Although it's funny it's sevco, how can he deem that not a pen from 5 yards away?

They have no love for us but I think we are getting a wee bit paranoid. They,like the Hertz fans,havent got over our glorious may 21. I love the seethe,it makes me chuckle.

22-01-2017, 05:05 AM

I bet you ten bob he isn't.

22-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Hes a yam.

the lad who dived for the penalty is a hibee apparently

The centre forward is deffo a hibee. Used to see him in BTG when he was a laddie, he played for Edinburgh City at the time. Was a tidy player as well.

22-01-2017, 07:28 AM
To be fair, Holt himself thought it was a penalty, as did I right in line in the Wheatfield. Holts arms were out in front of his body and stopped the ball progressing into the box.

Yes, but he had turned his back on the ball and player. His hands we going away from the ball and were relatively close to his body, not flapping around in the wind. It would have been a very unfair penalty to give. It reminds me of a similiar decision in the final minutes at Ibrox with McGeouch, when a free kick was given that The Rangers scored from.

22-01-2017, 07:36 AM

Not a chance was blasted at him from a yard.

22-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Not a chance was blasted at him from a yard.

Penalties like that have been given before - and remember the ref is incompetent.

Holt thought it might've been - he gave his face a rub and that when he turned back round just to convince the ref. :greengrin

22-01-2017, 08:03 AM

Definitely not.

And actually quite a nice guy into the bargain. Red mist for his tackle on Humphrey I think which isn't meant to excuse it as it was a shocker and a red all day long.

22-01-2017, 08:20 AM
I bet you ten bob he isn't.

Nice :tee hee:

22-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know when bias Sportscene will be on catch up? Quite fancy watching it, mainly to get offended about nothing but also to see the goals.

22-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Jeez the paranoia is in overdrive just now.

It's crazy. Every imaginary slight results in someone claiming bias on here, whether it's the BBC, STV, newspapers, radio etc etc. I think some folk live their lives just looking for any/every opportunity to be offended.

22-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Does anyone know when bias Sportscene will be on catch up? Quite fancy watching it, mainly to get offended about nothing but also to see the goals.

It's on iPlayer just now, just look at last nights programmes

22-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Definitely not.

And actually quite a nice guy into the bargain. Red mist for his tackle on Humphrey I think which isn't meant to excuse it as it was a shocker and a red all day long.

His old man used to be coach/physio at my team when I was younger. Deano was a bit older than me and played for the senior team at this point and had a proper sweet left peg. His old man is a top guy.. absolutely ****ing nuts though!

22-01-2017, 08:54 AM
His old man used to be coach/physio at my team when I was younger. Deano was a bit older than me and played for the senior team at this point and had a proper sweet left peg. His old man is a top guy.. absolutely ****ing nuts though!

Where you at Spartans? I played with Dean there when I was with the 20s.

His Dad is completely mental but a more helpful guy you'd struggle to find. The kind of guy every club would love to have helping out.

22-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Where you at Spartans? I played with Dean there when I was with the 20s.

His Dad is completely mental but a more helpful guy you'd struggle to find. The kind of guy every club would love to have helping out.

I was, I was under 19s about 8 years ago. He is indeed!

22-01-2017, 08:58 AM
It's crazy. Every imaginary slight results in someone claiming bias on here, whether it's the BBC, STV, newspapers, radio etc etc. I think some folk live their lives just looking for any/every opportunity to be offended.

Sometimes the views shared in this place are like those of primary school kids.

Which is fine if you're a school kid but kinda ridiculous when you're of pension age.

Thing is, it's normally people that don't ever buy a newspaper or watch the tv or listen to the radio that are most offended!!

22-01-2017, 09:00 AM

Excellent post.

22-01-2017, 09:42 AM

Absolutely. So many folk only hear what they want to hear. They'll take the slightest thing, preferably out of context as long as it fits what they want it to.

yonder1875
22-01-2017, 09:49 AM
The centre forward is deffo a hibee. Used to see him in BTG when he was a laddie, he played for Edinburgh City at the time. Was a tidy player as well.

Sorry mate but he is a Jambo, assuming you're talking about big McGachie.

22-01-2017, 10:17 AM

Pub player, pub tackle and pub league response

22-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Sorry mate but he is a Jambo, assuming you're talking about big McGachie.

First name Kieran? Definitely used to go to a few Hibs games, spoke to him a few times.

22-01-2017, 10:34 AM
First name Kieran? Definitely used to go to a few Hibs games, spoke to him a few times.

Scotland on Sunday claiming he's a hibby as well.

22-01-2017, 10:41 AM

:agree: To say Sportscene last night was "anti Hibs" is just a load of complete and utter nonsense. IMHO.

yonder1875
22-01-2017, 10:52 AM

First name Kieran aye. He was at my school and Hearts are definitely his team - no sure why he would have been to Hibs games!

22-01-2017, 11:24 AM

Holt's wasn't a pen. The Laws of the game now state a direct free kick/pen kick is awarded if a player handles the ball deliberately. Holt's wasn't intentional & he was only a yard or so away although I agree he was stupid to have his arm out.

22-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Holt's wasn't a pen. The Laws of the game now state a direct free kick/pen kick is awarded if a player handles the ball deliberately. Holt's wasn't intentional & he was only a yard or so away although I agree he was stupid to have his arm out.

It could be argued that Holt had deliberately stuck his arms out to make himself a bigger obstacle to a cross. I'd certainly have claimed it at the other end.

On the other hand the penalty that they were gifted by the referee was a ridiculous decision, so for once our bad luck was evened out by some good luck (and in the same game as well rather than at some never-quite-occurring point in the future).

22-01-2017, 12:01 PM
First name Kieran aye. He was at my school and Hearts are definitely his team - no sure why he would have been to Hibs games!

:agree: Kieran's from a family full of Jambos

22-01-2017, 12:04 PM
I thought the Hibs chat was great on Sportscene.
It sounded like they had been told to readdress the balance.

22-01-2017, 12:18 PM
They've just mentioned the'2-0 and they ****ed it up' game in commentary.
Its gone too far the other way now. A sickening hobo love in :grr:

HibernianJK
22-01-2017, 01:26 PM

100% a Hearts fan growing up.

22-01-2017, 10:15 PM
:agree: Kieran's from a family full of Jambos

Certainly not on his dad's side - they're mainly Celtic supporters with a few Hibbys thrown in. I couldn't speak for Keiran himself mind you.

Rougier45
22-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Was annoyed we where not first but agree anti Hibs over board tried to edit Tittle didn't work / enjoyed highlights we should hsbr been first though

22-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Certainly not on his dad's side - they're mainly Celtic supporters with a few Hibbys thrown in. I couldn't speak for Keiran himself mind you.

Mums side are Jambos