PDA

View Full Version : Referee today

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 09:59 PM
How poor was Alan Muir today , his decisions had both teams baffled in a very easy game to referee. Nothing major (except penalty but not seen it on tv yet) just many wrong decisions and I am the man here moments . A real plonker.

O'Rourke3
21-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I think it was a pen. Neil Lennon agreed btw. That was one of the few he got right. Otherwise he was bleeding awful. Since the Falkirk p/o at ER he seems to deliberately get loads wrong to try and prove he's less of a numptie. Go figure...

staunchhibby
21-01-2017, 10:09 PM
It was a penalty foster clicked his heels.

lucky
21-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Spoke to linesman on the way home he said it was a penalty but the boy exaggerated his fall

staunchhibby
21-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Should have shown a red card for the terrible tackle on Humphrey

matty_f
21-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Not sure Jordon felt it was a penalty. It looked a dive to me.

Ref was pish though, as is usual for him.

hibbysam
21-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Should have shown a red card for the terrible tackle on Humphrey

Agreed. The boy could've won the ball, but delayed and went out to hurt Gumphrey. They then had another go a couple of minutes later on Keatings where the boy didn't even get booked.

Absolutely hate seeing ref's let teams like that away with things because they're going to end up getting a doing. Protecting good quality footballers should be the main perogative of a referee, not allowing them vs away with murder.

Andy74
21-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Never a penalty and the TV highlights back that up.

lord bunberry
21-01-2017, 11:15 PM
It wasn't a penalty and how he didn't send that thug off that assaulted Humphrey I'll never know. That challenge could easily have ended his season.

wookie70
21-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Shocking dive for the penalty. It looked like a dive at the game but was as clear a booking as you will see for simulation. Ref was as poor as he always is.

Eyrie
21-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Stewart just called it a dive on Sportscene, for the obvious reason that it was a dive.

Thecat23
21-01-2017, 11:39 PM
It was a penalty foster clicked his heels.

Your surely having a laugh? Never a pen and was embarrassing!

Thecat23
21-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Spoke to linesman on the way home he said it was a penalty but the boy exaggerated his fall

Then the linesman is as ***** as the ref. If diving means a pen then yes it was.

Dibben
21-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Yeah. Never a penalty and a shocker of a tackle on Humphrey...

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2017, 11:48 PM
No danger that was a penalty. If Michael Stewart says it was a dive it's safe to say it was.

matty_f
21-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Thought it was a dive at the time. Certain of it now.

Ryan91
22-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Looked like a dive when at the game today, TV replay shows that it was indeed a dive. Tackle on Humphries was a shocker, no attempt to play the ball, could have very easily been a Red and probably should have been

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-01-2017, 12:38 AM
I was in line with it in the Wheatfield and it was a blatant dive.

--------
22-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Perfectly clear on the highlights - it was never a pen. A blatant dive. Yellow card job.

Thomson seemed to think that just because he played for a Junior team and they were getting gubbed he should get away with it. Michael Stewart (whom I like more and more as time goes on) laughed and asked him, "You mean he should be allowed to dive to get a penalty kick?" Stewart clear - no penalty, just cheating.

The #5 should have walked for that challenge on Humphreys - six studs into H's leg, halfway up the calf. Could easily have been a leg-breaker.

Someone should tell Muir that the rules don't change depending on who's playing.

Sorry - that's stupid. This is Scotland. The rules are always different for certain teams.

Hibee Mac
22-01-2017, 12:52 AM
It was never a penalty.

Ref had a bad one but didn't matter one bit in the end thankfully.

22-01-2017, 12:57 AM
Perfectly clear on the highlights - it was never a pen. A blatant dive. Yellow card job.

Thomson seemed to think that just because he played for a Junior team and they were getting gubbed he should get away with it. Michael Stewart (whom I like more and more as time goes on) laughed and asked him, "You mean he should be allowed to dive to get a penalty kick?" Stewart clear - no penalty, just cheating.

The #5 should have walked for that challenge on Humphreys - six studs into H's leg, halfway up the calf. Could easily have been a leg-breaker.

Someone should tell Muir that the rules don't change depending on who's playing.

Sorry - that's stupid. This is Scotland. The rules are always different for certain teams.

This is exactly the issue with Scottish referees. No idea how to apply the laws to benefit the game so they apply the laws to fit a narrative.

greenlex
22-01-2017, 05:09 AM
There was a clear attempt later todo Boyleas well. The boy should have got at least a yellow instead of a wee talking to when play stopped. Red wouldn't have been a surprise.

jax67
22-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Just watched the penalty incident on Hibs TVs,
A blatant dive with no contact from Fozzy. Ref was conned.
I was fuming at the time as I had 0-7 at 50/1. Happy it didn't finish 1-7.

emerald green
22-01-2017, 11:34 AM
The TV highlights showed it was never a penalty. Even if there was contact, it was extremely soft, and the Rose player (big lad) collapsed like he'd been shot. Referee couldn't wait to give a penalty.

The assault of Humphrey was more than dangerous and was a red card offence. Yet again, we have an example of a referee not doing his job. It's not good enough if a referee is "feeling sorry" for a team taking a hammering. He must apply the rules correctly.

Yet, this same referee refused to give Hibs a penalty in a Championship semi-final play-off match against Falkirk at ER last season which was as clear a penalty as you will ever see. Muir wasn't unsighted. Muir stood staring at the Falkirk player clearly handling the ball in his own the six yard box. Next - see below.

Now I hate to say this, but yesterday The Rangers were denied a clear penalty when I think it was O'Halloran who was tripped in the Motherwell box. Guess who was standing staring at the trip from a few yards away? Yes, our old pal Craig Thomson.

macca70
22-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Never a pen, boy dived when he realised he wasn't getting to the ball.

Gave them a corner early when looked a clear goal kick to us

Gave them a goal kick when is was a clear corner, if he was unsure it was clear from the reaction of both teams walking into position for a corner but the clown of a ref and Lino seemed to be the only ones to think it was a goal kick.

I genuinely think that linesmen are too scared to signal a decision themselves, they seem to wait nowadays til ref has decided and just flag accordingly, grow a set and make a decision for yourself, they should be there as an extra official not just to use the flag to signal whatever the ref gives.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2017, 11:59 AM
I thought it was a penalty at the game. Thought the fat lad up front played for it and was already going down but Forster clipped him.

Seeing it back and it was never a penalty and the ref had a great view to see that. Boys played the ball too far ahead of himself, realised he can't get to it and cut across JF and thrown himself to the ground.

Marco G
22-01-2017, 11:59 AM
The TV highlights showed it was never a penalty. Even if there was contact, it was extremely soft, and the Rose player (big lad) collapsed like he'd been shot. Referee couldn't wait to give a penalty.

The assault of Humphrey was more than dangerous and was a red card offence. Yet again, we have an example of a referee not doing his job. It's not good enough if a referee is "feeling sorry" for a team taking a hammering. He must apply the rules correctly.

Yet, this same referee refused to give Hibs a penalty in a Championship semi-final play-off match against Falkirk at ER last season which was as clear a penalty as you will ever see. Muir wasn't unsighted. Muir stood staring at the Falkirk player clearly handling the ball in his own the six yard box. Next - see below.

Now I hate to say this, but yesterday The Rangers were denied a clear penalty when I think it was O'Halloran who was tripped in the Motherwell box. Guess who was standing staring at the trip from a few yards away? Yes, our old pal Craig Thomson.
Shocking decision, no contact at all and he was too easily conned.

Watched the Rangers "pen" which all the pundits said was clear. But in fact the Motherwell defender had his feet planted and O'Halloran made contact by moving his leg into him and going over. Craig Thomson, for once?, got it right imo and could have given a yellow for diving.

DaveF
22-01-2017, 12:08 PM
The highlights just confirm my view that Alan Muir is an absolute fud and should be struck off the refereeing lists with immediate effect.

brog
22-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Never a pen & kudos to Michael Stewart for summing it up perfectly. The tackle on Humphrey however was a shocker. I often have sympathy for defenders when they're just done for pace & end up tripping their opponent, it's rare that a trip causes real damage. That however was a potential career threatening assault, not a tackle. It was pre-meditated & extremely nasty. I hope I'm wrong but I can see the BR player, a Yam I believe, smirking about it to his fellow scarf twirlers.

emerald green
22-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Shocking decision, no contact at all and he was too easily conned.

Watched the Rangers "pen" which all the pundits said was clear. But in fact the Motherwell defender had his feet planted and O'Halloran made contact by moving his leg into him and going over. Craig Thomson, for once?, got it right imo and could have given a yellow for diving.

I definitely don't want to get into a debate where I'm arguing on behalf of the Huns. :greengrin

Can we leave this as agreeing to disagree. If Thomson thought he dived, why didn't he book the The Rangers player? Thomson did nothing. No penalty. No yellow card. What did Thomson think happened? He was standing perfectly positioned to see from what I could tell from TV highlights and replay.

JimBHibees
22-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Not sure Jordon felt it was a penalty. It looked a dive to me.

Ref was pish though, as is usual for him.

Never a pen in a million years. Muir has an issue with us the play off game, joke penalty for Dunfermline and today another joke pen. Will be good when these decisions even out not banking on it.