PDA

View Full Version : Hibs supporters in the Roseburn Stand. Banner vs security....

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 07:04 PM
What a drama this looked....

Quick summary.

Hibs fans in the front row of the Roseburn Stand displaying a long banner over the front of some advertising hoardings

"Edinburgh Hibernian" or something like that

The rock steady / G4 monkies didn't like that one bit.....

Cue a 5 minutes Stand off with supporters and god knows how many stadium security and police - who ended up taking the banner away.

Total over reaction by security

Old firm fans get away with murder every time and we have to put up with this nonsense

Well done to the boys who put their coats over the hoarding in the end

Andy74
21-01-2017, 07:14 PM
What a drama this looked....

Quick summary.

Hibs fans in the front row of the Roseburn Stand displaying a long banner over the front of some advertising hoardings

"Edinburgh Hibernian" or something like that

The rock steady / G4 monkies didn't like that one bit.....

Cue a 5 minutes Stand off with supporters and god knows how many stadium security and police - who ended up taking the banner away.

Total over reaction by security

Old firm fans get away with murder every time and we have to put up with this nonsense

Well done to the boys who put their coats over the hoarding in the end

It's to do with the sponsor being covered up rather than issue with the actual banner isn't it? If we want some sponsorship money in football I can see why effort would be taken to ensure the sponsor gets what they paid for. Sorry.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 07:17 PM
It's to do with the sponsor being covered up rather than issue with the actual banner isn't it? If we want some sponsorship money in football I can see why effort would be taken to ensure the sponsor gets what they paid for. Sorry.

They (security) could have suggested moving the banner 5m to the right

No advertising there so clear and free

Kojock
21-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Companies pay a lot of money for advertising and subsequently don't want it covered with flags etc. If they moved the flag to their left there was a blank advertising area where they could have draped the flag.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-01-2017, 07:23 PM
It's such a ****hole of a stadium that you can't drape a flag over the fence. A f'n embarassment for a football ground.

monktonharp
21-01-2017, 07:27 PM
sounded like this was a real overreaction if they took it aff them! I do understand the sponsorship thing, but hey, was this being beamed throughout the world, like coca cola or was it john brown plumbers,lothian street , bonnyrigg , free estimates on request?

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Companies pay a lot of money for advertising and subsequently don't want it covered with flags etc. If they moved the flag to their left there was a blank advertising area where they could have draped the flag.

Please read my reply above your post

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 07:35 PM
sounded like this was a real overreaction if they took it aff them! I do understand the sponsorship thing, but hey, was this being beamed throughout the world, like coca cola or was it john brown plumbers,lothian street , bonnyrigg , free estimates on request?

Pretty sure it was William Hill

hibee_girl
21-01-2017, 07:37 PM

They definitely took it off them.

One of the stewards seemed quite embarrassed by it to be fair and I think he was saying that it wasn't down to him (while pointing out exactly who made the decision :greengrin)

There seemed to be a long discussion going on about it then a grumpy wee steward arrived from nowhere and snatched the flag away.

Bostonhibby
21-01-2017, 07:44 PM
They definitely took it off them.

One of the stewards seemed quite embarrassed by it to be fair and I think he was saying that it wasn't down to him (while pointing out exactly who made the decision :greengrin)

There seemed to be a long discussion going on about it then a grumpy wee steward arrived from nowhere and snatched the flag away.
Grumpy? Sounds like he could be the torn faced hun blazer scowling in the background of our cup presentation pictures[emoji6]

Kojock
21-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Please read my reply above your post

Was obviously typing at the same time. It was a William Hill board that was being covered up and as Cup sponsors they want maximum publicity.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Was obviously typing at the same time. It was a William Hill board that was being covered up and as Cup sponsors they want maximum publicity.

Again.

Move it 5m to the side, where there was plain white boards

No advertising- no problem

hibbycraig
21-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Used to work for g4s. The advertisers pay to have the whole of the advert visible at all times. That's all there is to it really.

Kojock
21-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Again.

Move it 5m to the side, where there was plain white boards

No advertising- no problem

I'm agreeing with you, but it seems some fans want to make a drama out of a crisis.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm agreeing with you, but it seems some fans want to make a drama out of a crisis.

Sorry mate

Wasn't try to pick a fight

GGTTH

18Craig75
21-01-2017, 08:50 PM
The boys were asked to move it about 5 times, instead of accepting the offer they subjected the stewards to torrents of abuse, flicked their caps of and just generally antagonised them. Then, when the bad men took their flag off them like they warned they would, they proceeded to throw more abuse at them whilst crying about having it confiscated and engaged in an almighty tug of war. All quite pathetic really, what happened to just going to watching the footy?

O'Rourke3
21-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Thought the guys using their jackets to hide it then doing a coordinated Ole second half was class 😅

Jack
21-01-2017, 09:03 PM
The boys were asked to move it about 5 times, instead of accepting the offer they subjected the stewards to torrents of abuse, flicked their caps of and just generally antagonised them. Then, when the bad men took their flag off them like they warned they would, they proceeded to throw more abuse at them whilst crying about having it confiscated and engaged in an almighty tug of war. All quite pathetic really, what happened to just going to watching the footy?

How sad.

As I understand it banners are not allowed over the advertising stuff during the game but as a compromise during half time its ok.

Stewards at Hampden have helped Hibbies out putting banners on the wires down the front.

I've even seen the the sevcovian adhering to these "guidelines" without much fuss.

Some folk need to get a grip.

wearethehibs
22-01-2017, 07:19 AM
If sponsers are so important, why the hell did they not have any advertising on the hoardings directly across from where the camera was pointing.

Stewards were out of order. Noticed even after everything was done and dusted a couple of them kept arguing and generally antagonising the Hibs supporters.

It was also half of a William Hill advert that was being covered, you know the sponser that gets mentioned all the time and is a multi million pound business. Not like they were covering "wee Harry's Vacum repair services" or something like that.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Know absolutely nothing about what went on down the front but it never ceases to amaze me the state some folk get in when they got to the football. I like a few pints as much as anyone but some people need to learn their limits.

Guy next to me yesterday swayed in with Hibs already 2 up. Took his seat, disappeared after about 2 minutes, just about fell down the stairs, came back with a pie and ate it, phoned his mate and said he'd meet him in the pub then left and was never seen again. £20 to not see a single goal in a game that had 9.

Then there was the group who were swerving all over the stairs and couldn't find their seats so decided to just stand on the stairs. Obviously the stewards came up and asked them to find their seats, pointed out they were in the wrong part of the stand and tried to help. They got a torrent of abuse. Eventually they got the guys down to the bottom of the stairs where the abuse continued and the ring leader got lifted.

Finally the group who appeared about 10 minutes into the game completely out of it, went up the wrong stairs so had everyone move for them then 3 minutes later wanted out again for the toilet, back again then 5 minutes later out to the toilet then back and repeat until about 75 minutes when they left.

LithgaeHibby
22-01-2017, 09:58 AM
On a positive note I thought the group at the front of the Roseburn were excellent all the way through the match, starting songs and getting the atmosphere going at every opportunity. It's plain to see how much the players appreciate it such as when Lewie, always the quiet man, ran into the crowd after scoring.