PDA

View Full Version : Jambos in the Wheatfield Stand

LithgaeHibby
21-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Anyone see where they were / what they were doing that led to them being "outed"? Seemed to be along from me towards the Gorgie Road end. Led to a good rendition of "2-0 and you f***ed it up" mind you.

Itsnoteasy
21-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Anyone see where they were / what they were doing that led to them being "outed"? Seemed to be along from me towards the Gorgie Road end. Led to a good rendition of "2-0 and you f***ed it up" mind you.

They were rose fans giving it the 5-1. Never seen any Hertz scarves.

Hibs Class
21-01-2017, 06:58 PM
They just did the 1-5 and a couple of GIRUY, then they left around 3.15. The Bonnyrigg supporters looked a little embarrassed for them.

cleanyman
21-01-2017, 07:03 PM
I thought it was funny

Top chat all around

I was loving the spongey seats

21-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Obsessed *******s. More interested in hibs than supporting Bonnyrigg Rose. Thats assuming of course they even have a connection to Bonnyrigg Rose as it wouldn't be the first time the mutants have tagged along in the opposition support against us.

Their obsession with us is creepy as **** but I love how we are such a constant thorn in their side.

Joe6-2
21-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Obsessed *******s. More interested in hibs than supporting Bonnyrigg Rose. Thats assuming of course they even have a connection to Bonnyrigg Rose as it wouldn't be the first time the mutants have tagged along in the opposition support against us.

Their obsession with us is creepy as **** but I love how we are such a constant thorn in their side.

I know at least one yam that was at the game, don't know when he left tho 😉

A Hi-Bee
21-01-2017, 07:10 PM
The could have been huns in disguise very difficult to know the difference, same six fingers etc, pity they are just so easy to wind up.
Could have been in there trying to pick pocket's or playing pick pocket wi each other, mutants that they are.

Pete
21-01-2017, 07:22 PM

Yes, they were clamped alright...and it was good giving it to them when we went 5-1 up.

You could see them all sneaking out after that. Not today boys.

Famous Fiver
21-01-2017, 07:28 PM
More than a few closet Jambos of my acquaintance there today.

Got it rammed right up them.

Bonnyrigg had more fans there today than 'the big team' will have at Raith tomorrow.

A JUNIOR TEAM for f sake carrying a bigger support than the famous.

Big team my erkie.

ALF TUPPER
21-01-2017, 07:31 PM
I had a wee chuckle when a number of Bonnyrigg fans joined in with " stand up if you hate jam tarts"

😁

Onion
21-01-2017, 07:36 PM
There was a Hearts fan exodus when the 5th - 8th goals went in. No BR fan would have deserted their team, having done so well to get this far in the Cup. Their lads gave everything against full time pros.

GreenCastle
21-01-2017, 07:42 PM
They are an odd bunch - it actually made the Hibs fans sing louder and it must have been pretty painful for them watching us score countless goals at their home ground.

Cringe behaviour from them and as others have stated it was pretty obvious they left when they realised it could have been 10.

The real Bonnyrigg fans stayed till the end and clapped the team.

21-01-2017, 07:51 PM
They are an odd bunch - it actually made the Hibs fans sing louder and it must have been pretty painful for them watching us score countless goals at their home ground.

Cringe behaviour from them and as others have stated it was pretty obvious they left when they realised it could have been 10.

The real Bonnyrigg fans stayed till the end and clapped the team.

Agreed. Their obsession with us is actually beyond creepy.

Jim44
21-01-2017, 08:05 PM
I think they'll survive tomorrow but I think there will be a few squeaky bums for most of the match.

RIP
21-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Bunch of yams on my FB page showing pictures of themselves off to the game

wookie70
21-01-2017, 08:23 PM
I saw quite a few Hearts scarves outside the ground before kick off. Well done to the Bonnyrigg fans who stayed to the end.

Navids Numpties
21-01-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of hibs fans at a hearts game to purposefully provoke them? Can anyone shed light on if this has actually ever taken place?

Jack Hackett
21-01-2017, 08:30 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of hibs fans at a hearts game to purposefully provoke them? Can anyone shed light on if this has actually ever taken place?

Does it count if you shout abuse at them when you're watching one of their games on telly?

tamig
21-01-2017, 08:32 PM

I went to a pre-season friendly there in 1982. Was against Leeds and me and my mate were in the Leeds end. Just wanted to see them get humped.

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Living in Bonnyrigg I know a number of my Hearts supporting or leaning to Hearts friends who went to the match to support Bonnyrigg with no other motive than to support the Rose. Many were there due to their connection with the excellent Bonnyrigg Rose Academy which has around 600 kids in it. Also fans of many other senior clubs including my Aberdonian born , and supporter , son in law who went with my grandson.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Their obsession with turning up at our games is extremely odd.

I don't know any other set of supporters who do this on such a regular basis.

It's taking obsessiveness to a whole new level.

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Living in Bonnyrigg I was aware of a number of my friends who support Hearts or lean to that side who went to the game to give a genuine support to the local team . Many of them were there due to a connection with the excellent Bonnyrigg Rose Academy which has around 600 kids attending. I also know of fans of several other clubs including my Aberdeen born and supporting son in law who took my grandson to the game as he attends the Bonnyrigg academy.

21-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Their obsession with turning up at our games is extremely odd.

I don't know any other set of supporters who do this on such a regular basis.

It's taking obsessiveness to a whole new level.

It really is bizarre. Would Everton do that to Liverpool or Man city to Man Utd or Celtic to Rangers or even Dundee to Dundee Utd? No. Rivalry is rivalry but they really do have some really unhealthy obsession and infatuation with us. The yams in the wheatfield end, I doubt they even looked at the pitch, they spent their whole time giving 5-1's and trying to annoy the hibs support. Sad sad individuals. Too pitiful to hate, clinging onto the delusion they are a big team and hiding behind their 5-1 comfort blankets.

The Captain....
21-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Was speaking to a few Bonnyrigg fans in the Sample Rooms after the match who were saying they'd had a great day out other than having the Hibs hating obsessed bitter jambos in their end. Said they were embarrassed as Hibs fans and club were respectful and made it a great day out. Felt a bit sorry for them that a few hundred maroon idiots impacted on their enjoyment. Not surprising that those cringeworthy fuds tried to hijack the occasion for their own ends. What a weird support they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

northstandhibby
21-01-2017, 09:34 PM
It really is bizarre. Would Everton do that to Liverpool or Man city to Man Utd or Celtic to Rangers or even Dundee to Dundee Utd? No. Rivalry is rivalry but they really do have some really unhealthy obsession and infatuation with us. The yams in the wheatfield end, I doubt they even looked at the pitch, they spent their whole time giving 5-1's and trying to annoy the hibs support. Sad sad individuals. Too pitiful to hate, clinging onto the delusion they are a big team and hiding behind their 5-1 comfort blankets.

:top marks

The 2-2 and subsequent replay with us going on to win the cup against the Huns killed them as a club and they are clinging on to their cheated to cup win.

Glory Glory

Just Alf
21-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Was speaking to a few Bonnyrigg fans in the Sample Rooms after the match who were saying they'd had a great day out other than having the Hibs hating obsessed bitter jambos in their end. Said they were embarrassed as Hibs fans and club were respectful and made it a great day out. Felt a bit sorry for them that a few hundred maroon idiots impacted on their enjoyment. Not surprising that those cringeworthy fuds tried to hijack the occasion for their own ends. What a weird support they are.

Different pubs to yourself, Stratties and Luckies, but I could have typed the exact same thing, Stratties was a guy from work and Luckies was a random.... really sad stuff from the "big team" LOL

Glory Glory!

FilipinoHibs
21-01-2017, 09:50 PM

I actually went with an Aberdeen mate to see Hertz play Aberdeen. In the old shed opposite the"main" stand. In mid seventues. One sything tackle by a Jambo and I made the comment "right out of the Rangers coaching manual". Caused a riot. Bit of daft laddie the.

J-C
21-01-2017, 09:50 PM
There was an old dude walking along Dalry road with a couple of Rose fans with his Hearts scarf on, bizarre :confused:

tamig
21-01-2017, 10:00 PM
There was an old dude walking along Dalry road with a couple of Rose fans with his Hearts scarf on, bizarre :confused:

We passed a guy walking along Gorgie Road after the gsme decked out in his official HMFC Puma padded jacket and sporting a hertz tartan scarf and a hertz hat. Looked about mid-50s. A bizarre choice of attire for the occassion.

EH54
21-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Definitely seen a few in wheatfield stand wearing hearts colours giving the 5-1

eastterrace
21-01-2017, 10:07 PM
It was funny when we went 5-1 up and started giving it back to them they didn't like it

The Captain....
21-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Different pubs to yourself, Stratties and Luckies, but I could have typed the exact same thing, Stratties was a guy from work and Luckies was a random.... really sad stuff from the "big team" LOL

Glory Glory!

Aye it's a shame the Rose fans I met were good lads...they were disgusted by the behaviour of the bitter jambo fuds with their weirdo obsession with supporting Hibs opposition. They weren't surprised when I told them it's not unusual for these ******s to turn up in the away end at ER.

21-01-2017, 10:21 PM
What I don't understand is Bonnyrigg could have gotten away with a "respectable" 3-0 defeat but they played up the hertz thing and got absolutely skelped. The hearts fans going to a hibs game is bizarre but made a piece of piss game a good wee laugh

If I ever end up at a hertz game not involving hibs shoot me. It's a shame our humongous neighbours don't have the same outlook. The boy super wound up when about 1000 hibs fans gave him the 5-1 was amusing.

Topographic Hibby
21-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Don't see a problem here. If you live in Bonnyrigg and support Hearts, then why not turn up to your home stadium to support your local team against your (personal) biggest rivals.

Imagine if Leith Athletic drew HMFC in the cup and it was played at ER. A fair few boys in green would pop along to shout on Leith. I have no issues with it. It adds to the overall occasion.

Especially when we score 7 at their place.

Again.

21-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Don't see a problem here. If you live in Bonnyrigg and support Hearts, then why not turn up to your home stadium to support your local team against your (personal) biggest rivals.

Imagine if Leith Athletic drew HMFC in the cup and it was played at ER. A fair few boys in green would pop along to shout on Leith. I have no issues with it. It adds to the overall occasion.

Especially when we score 7 at their place.

Again.

Bonnyrigg rose are not to hearts what leith athletic are to hibs.

Topographic Hibby
21-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Bonnyrigg rose are not to hearts what leith athletic are to hibs.
Yeah, OK, probably could have picked another club to make a closer analogy, but it was beginning to tax my brain....so I picked LA!!!

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2017, 10:59 PM
I remember it happening in the 70s when Hearts were about to be relegated.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

ehf
21-01-2017, 11:46 PM
I remember it happening in the 70s when Hearts were about to be relegated.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I remember going to Tynecastle with a couple of Hibs-supporting chums for a relegation clincher between Hearts and Ayr in the late 70s - can't remember the exact year but Ayr won 4-2.

We were not there to provoke or jeer, though, and I don't think any Hibs fans were. This was still the era when the rivalry was fairly healthy and respectful, some people went to ER and Tynecatle in alternate weeks and well before the "big team" delusion took hold with the yams. And well before the era of financial doping, of course.

We just went along because we were very young and it was a notable occasion. I can't deny we were delighted with the outcome, but we were completely undercover and there was a genuine tinge of sympathy, both for our jambo pals at school and the grown men we saw crying at Tynecastle that night.

Deansy
21-01-2017, 11:49 PM

Hey, don't knock their obsession - we get their money and have a laugh at them at the same time. It's all going towards the massive 'Superiority Complex' we're gradually building over them (hence their obsession) and we're not even back in the SPL yet !!! . And when we do get back, that complex WILL be hugely re-inforced now that 'Playing within your means' rules at the PBS !

The PBS will soon be many a shrink's second-home and form a huge % of their retirement-packages !

Is It On....
22-01-2017, 01:53 AM
:top marks

The 2-2 and subsequent replay with us going on to win the cup against the Huns killed them as a club and they are clinging on to their cheated to cup win.

Glory Glory

The facts that even they can't deny is that they blew a 2-0 lead at home with 10 minutes to go in a Scottish Cup derby game. The revival was started by someone who was one of their own until dumped on the scrapheap and the last minute equaliser scored by someone who is one of our own. I guess it's fair to say that hurt from "that game" is indeed still very raw 😂

SouthMoroccoStu
22-01-2017, 03:32 AM
It truly is odd

But all you can say is I hope you enjoyed watching Hibs score 8 goals and thanks for the £20

jax67
22-01-2017, 06:05 AM
They just did the 1-5 and a couple of GIRUY, then they left around 3.15. The Bonnyrigg supporters looked a little embarrassed for them.

When we sang " stand up if you hate jam tarts", a section at the back of the gorgie Rd end joined in. Bonnyrigg class!!

Earlydelivery
22-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I was in section c wheatfield thought the atmosphere was great .
have to admit great view and nice comfy maroon seats :rolleyes:.

JDT
22-01-2017, 07:42 AM
I think the press played up the whole Bonnyrigg Hearts thing a little bit to much. I know Bonnyriggs captains father and he told him to stop mentioning Hearts in interviews, the reply he got was "but that's all I'm being asked about". The press knew Bonnyrigg had a few Hearts fans and ex players and jumped on it trying to make the game some sort of Derby.

Onion
22-01-2017, 08:16 AM
What I don't understand is Bonnyrigg could have gotten away with a "respectable" 3-0 defeat but they played up the hertz thing and got absolutely skelped. The hearts fans going to a hibs game is bizarre but made a piece of piss game a good wee laugh

If I ever end up at a hertz game not involving hibs shoot me. It's a shame our humongous neighbours don't have the same outlook. The boy super wound up when about 1000 hibs fans gave him the 5-1 was amusing.

:top marks Never good enough to back it up and simply gave Hibs extra incentive to thrash them. I'd usually feel sorry for the opposition in those situations (esp for the goalkeeper for the first) but their ill-conceived Jambo bravado came back to nite them big time. They took a hell of a beating.

mjhibby
22-01-2017, 09:05 AM

I've always thought they had a load of weirdos in their support but it seems to have cranked up to complete obsession with loads of them. I think a wee event on may 21st last year might have tipped them over the edge.

HibeeMassive
22-01-2017, 09:11 AM
I believe one of the guys ejected early doors was actually the brother of the Bonnyrigg goal scorer. So after all that, missed his brothers big moment... madness!

Col2
22-01-2017, 09:14 AM
If they go out of the cup today versus Raith, the level of meltdown and seethe will reach new levels.

They are still in shock after May 2016. They are left with YTS boy and a bunch of cloggers and a very tight budget over next 2 years. Keep paying the DDs lads, Queen Anne needs your cash to run HER club:na na::na na:

Pretty Boy
22-01-2017, 09:39 AM
I know a few boys from Bonnyrigg that I play football with who support Hearts who went along yesterday. Let's be honest Bonnyrigg would never have sold 5000 tickets if it was just Bonnyrigg fans in attendance. What do they get most weeks? A couple of hundred?

I'll happily admit if Spartans played Hearts in the cup and it didn't clash with a Hibs game I'd definitely go along as it's a former club of mine. Is that really that different from a Hearts fan from Bonnyrigg attending yesterday?

The weirdos who turn up at ER to support Ayr and Dumbarton and the likes when Hearts have plenty empty seats in their away allocation are one thing but yesterday was a bit different imo. Aside from anything else I thought it added to the atmosphere. It would have been far duller with 12000 Hibs fans and one section of Bonnyrigg fans.

KdyHby
22-01-2017, 11:14 AM
If they go out of the cup today versus Raith, the level of meltdown and seethe will reach new levels.

There's too many of them swarming around Kirkcaldy just now. The sooner they leave, with their tails between their legs, the better. Nothing could persuade me to go to their match. I even turned down free hospitality with a Rovers supporting pal.

erin go bragh
22-01-2017, 11:54 AM
If we had won the Scottish cup without playing them , they would be devastated enough .But as they had the chance to make it 115 and bottled their 2-0 lead . It's absolutely killing them .
Never let them forget . " 2-0 up and you fuuucked it up "