PDA

View Full Version : Marciano injury

CMurdoch
21-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have an update?

Billy Whizz
21-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Does anyone have an update?

Kick/knee in the back/kidney. Lennon said on his TV interview they were sending to hospital to get it checked out

S4uzee
21-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Could barely move to begin with

hibbysam
21-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Could barely move to begin with

Found it amusing seeing Alan Muir trying to keep the game playing while OM was writhing around in agony on the deck. Just showed how incompetent he really is.

Hope the big man's injury isn't serious.

Kojock
21-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Think it was Fontaine who injured him.

CMurdoch
21-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Think it was Fontaine who injured him.

Yes it was.
The silver lining is that it has nothing to do with the injury he has recently returned from.

--------
22-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Yes it was.
The silver lining is that it has nothing to do with the injury he has recently returned from.

Aye, it always makes me feel good when I'm just getting over one injury and I get injured in an entirely different part of my body. It's always really comforting ... :wink:

CMurdoch
22-01-2017, 02:06 AM
Aye, it always makes me feel good when I'm just getting over one injury and I get injured in an entirely different part of my body. It's always really comforting ... :wink:

It doesn't matter if you get injured :greengrin

edwards
22-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Hope the big man is ok, having said that Laidlaw has been playing well and starting to look better with each game.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2017, 11:16 AM
Kick/knee in the back/kidney. Lennon said on his TV interview they were sending to hospital to get it checked out

Posted in the match thread at the time that it looked like the kidney. Very painful indeed. Hope he gets better soon.

hibee_girl
22-01-2017, 03:26 PM
The Sun reporting it could be a cracked rib

JimBHibees
22-01-2017, 04:22 PM
The Sun reporting it could be a cracked rib

Also that the young Polish goalie also injured.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/472143/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-forced-to-find-new-keeper-after-two-freak-injuries/

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Laidlaw shouldn't have been dropped in 1st place. The lad hasn't put a foot wrong.

Diclonius
22-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Laidlaw shouldn't have been dropped in 1st place. The lad hasn't put a foot wrong.

Lennon rotated the team on Saturday. I suspect Laidlaw was just being rested.

Andy74
22-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Lennon rotated the team on Saturday. I suspect Laidlaw was just being rested.

Don't think so. Lennon has been pretty clear to all that Marciano is his first choice.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2017, 09:59 PM

I think he's turned out to be a very decent number two. Not done anything wrong of late. Not been spectacular but then again he's never had that much to do.

Lennon has been clear that Marciano is his number one and that Laidlaw knows his role. Marciano when fit will play.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2017, 10:10 PM
I think he's turned out to be a very decent number two. Not done anything wrong of late. Not been spectacular but then again he's never had that much to do.

Lennon has been clear that Marciano is his number one and that Laidlaw knows his role. Marciano when fit will play.

That was certainly the case initially.

Remembering Marciano is on loan and given he has had a few injuries (he had a knock that almost saw him miss a game prior to the knee injury) I wonder if long term Laidlaw may be seen as an option to be developed. Hibs are definitely keen to extend his stay and he's taken every chance he has had to show what he can do imo.

Lennon was singing his praises in the press midweek and I think he has been quite pleasantly suprised how good Laidlaw has turned out to be.

GloryGlory
23-01-2017, 08:02 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-may-dip-into-transfer-market-for-a-new-goalkeeper-1-4345774

Conrad Logan MK II? :greengrin :greengrin

SlickShoes
23-01-2017, 09:25 AM

A game against a junior side is the perfect time to give Laidlaw a deserved break and ease Marciano back in, it's just unfortunate what has happened.

Baw187
23-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Don't think so. Lennon has been pretty clear to all that Marciano is his first choice.

I'm not sure that's the case anymore to be honest. I think Laidlaw will have possibly made Lennon think twice about that.

It's a big decision cause given how Laidlaw has been playing, as a youngster, you want him to kick on from the confidence he's built up during his run of decent performances. Dropping him would pose the risk of knocking him a bit and not sure Lennon will want to do that given he probably has a ready made number one for next season when Marciano goes home.

Marco G
23-01-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure that's the case anymore to be honest. I think Laidlaw will have possibly made Lennon think twice about that.

It's a big decision cause given how Laidlaw has been playing, as a youngster, you want him to kick on from the confidence he's built up during his run of decent performances. Dropping him would pose the risk of knocking him a bit and not sure Lennon will want to do that given he probably has a ready made number one for next season when Marciano goes home.
Know what you are saying, but Laidlaw is not exactly a youngster, will be 25 this summer, so only a couple of years younger than Rockie!

bigwheel
23-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Marciano is a step above Laidlaw...he is as good a keeper we have had since Anderson..

Laidlaw has been a strong deputy. And it's great to have a decent 2nd keeper. With Marciano's injuries we may have to rely on him all season...but Marciano is a cut above. I'd be delighted if we can secure his services in a longer deal.

Baw187
23-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Know what you are saying, but Laidlaw is not exactly a youngster, will be 25 this summer, so only a couple of years younger than Rockie!

I wasn't aware that Laidlaw was 25! He looks younger!

CMurdoch
23-01-2017, 02:10 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-may-dip-into-transfer-market-for-a-new-goalkeeper-1-4345774

Conrad Logan MK II? :greengrin :greengrin

Conrad had a bad moment on Saturday

CMurdoch
23-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Marciano is a step above Laidlaw...he is as good a keeper we have had since Anderson..

Laidlaw has been a strong deputy. And it's great to have a decent 2nd keeper. With Marciano's injuries we may have to rely on him all season...but Marciano is a cut above. I'd be delighted if we can secure his services in a longer deal.

Laidlaw has pretty much been mistake free over a prolonged period.
The jury is still out on Marciano due to a lack of games.
Should be Laidlaw's gloves until he botches

HoboHarry
23-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Laidlaw has pretty much been mistake free over a prolonged period.
The jury is still out on Marciano due to a lack of games.
Should be Laidlaw's gloves until he botches
How do you make that out? According to Wiki, Laidlaw has played 10 games and Rocky 11.....

CMurdoch
24-01-2017, 01:59 AM
How do you make that out? According to Wiki, Laidlaw has played 10 games and Rocky 11.....

:top marksYou got me, I can't defend my statement
However, I still think Laidlaw should keep his place until he messes up.

truehibernian
24-01-2017, 02:15 AM
Wonder if Jamie McDonald would be a loan option

GreenLake
24-01-2017, 02:41 AM

I like seeing a debate over 2 good keepers for a change. :greengrin

Stewboy
24-01-2017, 06:47 AM
I like seeing a debate over 2 good keepers for a change. :greengrin

Fighting over which keepers the best, that's not been the hibs way for about 25 years!!!!

The goalie
24-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Fighting over which keepers the best, that's not been the hibs way for about 25 years!!!!

If we were looking to buy a keeper (which we prob wont be!) We should look at Sean Murdoch at the Pars.
Played very well for them last year and has been on form again this year, he's really starting to come of age as a goalie and has been with us before :)

W

--------
24-01-2017, 06:47 PM
If we were looking to buy a keeper (which we prob wont be!) We should look at Sean Murdoch at the Pars.
Played very well for them last year and has been on form again this year, he's really starting to come of age as a goalie and has been with us before :)

W

Could do worse ... :agree:

zolliehibs
24-01-2017, 07:00 PM
I seem to remember Murdoch making a few less than flattering comments on twitter about Alan Combe's coaching ability when he was brought in, so probably a non-starter (assuming I'm remembering correctly!).

The goalie
24-01-2017, 08:13 PM
I seem to remember Murdoch making a few less than flattering comments on twitter about Alan Combe's coaching ability when he was brought in, so probably a non-starter (assuming I'm remembering correctly!).

If he did say that he's gone up in my estimation :)

edwards
24-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Wonder if Jamie McDonald would be a loan option

Nice to see his name crop up James has a lot of experiance and would probably jump at the chance of joining Hibs as he is out of favour with Killie go and get him.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Nice to see his name crop up James has a lot of experiance and would probably jump at the chance of joining Hibs as he is out of favour with Killie go and get him.

And what happens when Rocky is fit, could be 3rd choice

Heisenberg
25-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Looks like Marciano hasn't broken any bones. Good news.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/01/25/fans-used-find-goals-funny-hibs-defender-lewis-stevenson-now-taking-celebrations-seriously/?platform=hootsuite

JimBHibees
25-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Looks like Marciano hasn't broken any bones. Good news.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/01/25/fans-used-find-goals-funny-hibs-defender-lewis-stevenson-now-taking-celebrations-seriously/?platform=hootsuite

Good news will assume that means we dont need another goalie.

CentreLine
25-01-2017, 10:00 AM

Much longer I think. I can't remember having two decent keepers on the books at the same time since Willie Wilson and Thomson Allan in the 60's.

bigwheel
25-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Much longer I think. I can't remember having two decent keepers on the books at the same time since Willie Wilson and Thomson Allan in the 60's.

Jim McArthur and Mike McDonald?

emerald green
25-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Good news.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/relief-for-hibs-goalkeeper-ofir-marciano-over-rib-injury-1-4347648

BSEJVT
25-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Jim McArthur and Mike McDonald?

Whilst I remember them both well I am not convinced I ever thought of either of them as a good keeper, let alone both!

bigwheel
25-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Whilst I remember them both well I am not convinced I ever thought of either of them as a good keeper, let alone both!

You can't say that about Supermac !

BSEJVT
26-01-2017, 03:02 PM
You can't say that about Supermac !

I guess that a Goalie's howlers define him more than they do any other player

Supermac, whose debut I saw and Christened him as such, certainly had a few of those.

Iggy Pope
26-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I guess that a Goalie's howlers define him more than they do any other player

Supermac, whose debut I saw and Christened him as such, certainly had a few of those.

You're claiming that as a teenager you came up with the widely used nickname (and as I recall probably used with some irony) Supermac? Am I reading that right? :greengrin

Golden Bear
26-01-2017, 03:11 PM
I'll tell the big man the next time I see him. He's a Celtic fan at heart but retains a great affection for us.