PDA

View Full Version : Sparky at Tynecastle today

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 06:14 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16003105_372603869772914_4489252706738736063_n.jpg ?oh=e3ab78b3f5e91fcf7e27780122038ea5&oe=591958B3

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Dont know who the young ladies are though

Bristolhibby
21-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Must have been a few seats to the right of us.

"He's one of our own"!

J

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2017, 06:21 PM
That is an awful hair transplant, I'd rather be bald.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Dont know who the young ladies are though

Whoever they are if they were that close to Leigh they are probably pregnant by now. He can impregnate a lady with the blink of an eye apparently.

Bristolhibby
21-01-2017, 06:33 PM

I'm bald, not that bothered, however, of I've won the lottery, I'd investigate hair transplants.

J

Keyser Sauzee
21-01-2017, 06:35 PM

U really don't like him do u 😂

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2017, 06:36 PM
U really don't like him do u 😂I like him as much as any other Celtic player. Loved him when he was here but he isn't anymore.

I'm just joking about the hair :greengrin

O'Rourke3
21-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Passed him on Gorgie Road with his mate. I was behind a young lady with 2 large cameras - possibly press. When he saw her he hid his face :greengrin. He looks bigger on the telly!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Think I saw Geebsie as well in the Wheatfield Section E. Was a distance away so not certain.

supermcginn
21-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Celtic player watching hibs, who cares! Im sure it would be different if he was a rangers player!

Is It On....
21-01-2017, 07:27 PM
I like him as much as any other Celtic player. Loved him when he was here but he isn't anymore.

I'm just joking about the hair :greengrin

Die hard Hibby, comes to games whenever he can. Sellik fans I know and have met have mixed opinions on him because he is so obviously "no wan o thame".

Is It On....
21-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Celtic player watching hibs, who cares! Im sure it would be different if he was a rangers player!

Alternatively, Hibs fan watching Hibs on his day off.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Die hard Hibby, comes to games whenever he can. Sellik fans I know and have met have mixed opinions on him because he is so obviously "no wan o thame".He can go to as many games as he wants, as long as he plays for Celtic he is just another Celtic player to me.

21-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Anyone that wants to come along and support us is more than welcome to, regardless of who they play for. Sparky is a hibs fan and has just as much right as anyone else to come along and support his team.

gogsy23
21-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Passed gordon rae outside too.

Itsnoteasy
21-01-2017, 07:59 PM

He was there with Gordon Rae

A Hi-Bee
21-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Always a Hibby, the fact that he earns a living away from Hibs for now does not mean he aint a good Hibby.

Mantis Toboggan
21-01-2017, 08:06 PM

This post has the same aroma that I got off of tynecastle today.

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Not a lot of centre forwards managed that.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Springbank
21-01-2017, 08:23 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16003105_372603869772914_4489252706738736063_n.jpg ?oh=e3ab78b3f5e91fcf7e27780122038ea5&oe=591958B3

Is that casper in the background? When riordan scored in the 1-0 derby there?

Is It On....
21-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Not a lot of centre forwards managed that.

Did Gordon Rae not start out as centre forward?

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Did Gordon Rae not start out as centre forward?
Yep.

A tad slow, though 😁

hibs#1
21-01-2017, 08:54 PM
I'd say he's got the same right as any other hibs fans too come and watch when he can.just because he earns his money else where in the end he's only doing his job.
Still would love to see him back in a playing capacity some day.

Kojock
21-01-2017, 08:59 PM

Hibs supporter and ex Hibs player who plays for Celtic. What's your point ??

jonty
21-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who opened this thread, scrolled half way down the picture (thinking that was it) and wondered why he was on the park with a fork :greengrin

supermcginn
21-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Hibs supporter and ex Hibs player who plays for Celtic. What's your point ??

My point is if he played for the huns he would be hated, both old firm teams are ****!

Glory Lurker
21-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who opened this thread, scrolled half way down the picture (thinking that was it) and wondered why he was on the park with a fork :greengrin

No, you're not! My first thought was "I don't get it"!

supermcginn
21-01-2017, 09:05 PM
This post has the same aroma that I got off of tynecastle today.

Its a fact, some hibs fans are fine with a celtic player but if he played for sevco it would be totally different! Cant understand the celtic lovers on here!

Sammy7nil
21-01-2017, 09:08 PM
He can go to as many games as he wants, as long as he plays for Celtic he is just another Celtic player to me.

How sad. So if you were ever good enough to play in EPl or La Liga you would not be allowed to have any affinity to Hibs until you stopped playing ? LoL

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2017, 09:13 PM
How sad. So if you were ever good enough to play in EPl or La Liga you would not be allowed to have any affinity to Hibs until you stopped playing ? LoLI dont remember many EPL or La Liga teams regularly singing IRA songs at Easter Road. No time for Celtic, rotten club.

Sammy7nil
21-01-2017, 09:19 PM
I dont remember many EPL or La Liga teams regularly singing IRA songs at Easter Road. No time for Celtic, rotten club.

And your point about Leigh is?

wookie70
21-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Keith Wright was sitting with Gary Locke in the Bonnyrigg end.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Its a fact, some hibs fans are fine with a celtic player but if he played for sevco it would be totally different! Cant understand the celtic lovers on here!

??? I don't see any. What I do see is a defence of a Hibs fan, who happens to play for Celtc, coming to watch Hibs. What's your view on Liam Henderson going to watch Celtc when he played for Hibs?

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 09:27 PM
No, you're not! My first thought was "I don't get it"!

Surely I'm not the only one who opened this thread, scrolled half way down the picture (thinking that was it) and wondered why he was on the park with a fork :greengrinSorry for picture guys had to take it quickly and never thought to edit it but if it makes it more interesting all good.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Sorry for picture guys had to take it quickly and never thought to edit it but if it makes it more interesting all good.

I'm not complaining, chief! There's no such thing as a bad photo of Sparky supporting The Cabbage!

Mr White
21-01-2017, 09:36 PM
I'm not complaining, chief! There's no such thing as a bad photo of Sparky supporting The Cabbage!

Maybe not photos but some videos have caused more harm than good for him in the past :devil:

Glory Lurker
21-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Maybe not photos but some videos have caused more harm than good for him in the past :devil:

Good point, well made. I'd forgotten about that :-(

half.time.draw.
21-01-2017, 09:40 PM

Did you?
I'm sure he is in 🇪🇸.

supermcginn
21-01-2017, 10:40 PM
He can go to as many games as he wants, as long as he plays for Celtic he is just another Celtic player to me.

100 percent agree!

Mantis Toboggan
21-01-2017, 10:53 PM
100 percent agree!

How has this thread devolved into this absolute guff? Please stop.

McD
21-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for me I think it's great to see ex-Hibs players at matches supporting the team.

It tells me that our club means something to them, regardless of who they play for now. Can only think it gives the fans a wee buzz when they've seen sparky, or Scott brown, or Hendo, or Keith, Gordon Rae, or many others in the stands with them.

Forza Fred
21-01-2017, 11:49 PM

The more you post, the closer you get to outing yourself.

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Wee giffiths is a hibby and he went to see hibs today, like the rest of the hibbys that went. Difference is he's got the chance to score against hearts and he does. Love him.

supermcginn
22-01-2017, 12:00 AM
The more you post, the closer you get to outing yourself.

As what? A hibs fan that doesn't like Celtic? Big crime on here it appears! I like players who play for hibs I couldn't give a stuff about anyone who plays for one of the gruesome twosome!

Allant1981
22-01-2017, 12:02 AM
As what? A hibs fan that doesn't like Celtic? Big crime on here it appears! I like players who play for hibs I couldn't give a stuff about anyone who plays for one of the gruesome twosome!

why keep posting on the thread then

smithy_hibees
22-01-2017, 12:03 AM
He's one of our own.. Playing champions league football, making good money doing what he loves, and when he can comes support the club he loves.. Top man top player, glad he's supporting hibs while playing for another Scottish club, could easy just not come..

dp00
22-01-2017, 12:29 AM
He is is a hibs fan , he was also at the party after the Scottish cup at the stadium , he just happens to play for Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
22-01-2017, 12:42 AM

I don't like Celtic, I do however like Hibernian fans and like it or not, LG is a Hibernian fan. The amount of charity he does for young less privileged Hibernian fans allows him a lot of time from me. Your clearly looking for a bit of attention but it's getting boring now.

Baw187
22-01-2017, 12:50 AM
I don't like Celtic, I do however like Hibernian fans and like it or not, LG is a Hibernian fan. The amount of charity he does for young less privileged Hibernian fans allows him a lot of time from me. Your clearly looking for a bit of attention but it's getting boring now.

This

Who cares who he plays for.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2017, 12:57 AM
I really don't see what is wrong with disliking a Celtic player?

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 01:09 AM
I really don't see what is wrong with disliking a Celtic player?
I don't see what's wrong with liking a hibs fan

e2los
22-01-2017, 01:16 AM
Personally I'm delighted Sparky managed to attend this game which is more than I can say for myself.

He is Scottish, a Hibs fan and who really cares if he is earning his coin by playing for one of the ugly sisters?

Many of us have to make a living by working and at the end of the day we can't afford to pay him anywhere near as much as he can earn with other clubs.

Not looking forward to seeing him scoring against us next season though.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2017, 01:23 AM
I don't see what's wrong with liking a hibs fanNothing but I'll save my love for the guys who currently play for Hibs, not the ones kissing Celtic badges.

silverhibee
22-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Wonder why he never brings his kids to the games.

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 01:47 AM

Cause he would need half the west stand to fit them all in. :greengrin

lord bunberry
22-01-2017, 01:49 AM
Nothing but I'll save my love for the guys who currently play for Hibs, not the ones kissing Celtic badges.

Obviously he would love to be playing for hibs, but we couldn't afford him. That's not his fault. I think you're being way to hard on the laddie

monktonharp
22-01-2017, 01:50 AM
Nothing but I'll save my love for the guys who currently play for Hibs, not the ones kissing Celtic badges.he did not say Love, he said like. I actually like the Laddie, and have not met him. he was brought up a couple of streets from me, and his Da was at school the same time as me so I basically "know" them but, he is a Hibs boy a local boy so in that respect I like him.some on here will also know and be friendly with the likes of medals mc kay and his airth. I have met him, don't hate him as he is basically a good guy although a bit tainted :wink: f/kin lighten up man.one day you'll be a man

Navids Numpties
22-01-2017, 03:30 PM
I love sparky. Hibs fan. Ex hibs player. Comes to the games when he's not playing for another team. Regardless of it being Celtic at least he is showing commitment to hibs and those who have met him will be able to say he is a top top bloke. Will never have a bad word to say about him.

The Baldmans Comb
22-01-2017, 03:39 PM
My point is if he played for the huns he would be hated, both old firm teams are ****!

You mean like the way Darren MacGregor is hated.:wink:

It was great to see a solid Hibs man and ex player supporting his team on his day off.

Johnny Clash
22-01-2017, 03:45 PM
I can imagine Sparky had been under pressure to tone down his love for Hibs. Their fans will find it hard to stomach his clear enthusiasm for the original team to wear the green - especially if it reminds them the real history about the two clubs.

So I think it's great that he makes it clear where he stands albeit it he gives his all for his employers coz he happens to be a professional football player.

Since90+2
22-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I can imagine Sparky had been under pressure to tone down his love for Hibs. Their fans will find it hard to stomach his clear enthusiasm for the original team to wear the green - especially if it reminds them the real history about the two clubs.

So I think it's great that he makes it clear where he stands albeit it he gives his all for his employers coz he happens to be a professional football player.

I don't think they will mind to be honest. Can't remember ever hearing or seeing anything to make me think he has been under pressure to tone down his support for Hibs.

Keith_M
22-01-2017, 03:55 PM

Aye, cos that's what it is right enough

:faf:

HibernianJK
22-01-2017, 03:58 PM
??? I don't see any. What I do see is a defence of a Hibs fan, who happens to play for Celtc, coming to watch Hibs. What's your view on Liam Henderson going to watch Celtc when he played for Hibs?

Don't have a problem with Griffiths coming to watch Hibs but he's not on loan to Celtic from Hibs is he?

Poor comparison.

Betty Boop
22-01-2017, 04:23 PM

They might get confused, the first thing he did when he signed for them, was to get them kitted out in the lesser green strip.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Not in the Celtic squad today, maybe doesn't want cup tied

hibee_girl
22-01-2017, 04:37 PM

He said on twitter he was injured

HoboHarry
22-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Is he coming home then? :hyper

SanFranHibs
22-01-2017, 04:47 PM

I am sure there are a lot of things you don't understand but conflating Celtic 'lovers' with respect and 'love' for a player who is as much a Hibs supporter as any other leads me to believe that you understand that any St Mirren fan who likes and appreciates John McGinn is a Hibs lover. Any Celtic fan who retained a fondness for Kris Commons during his brief spell here is a Hibs lover. And this could be applied to every player we have brought into the club.

Would hate to think liking and appreciating Jason Cummings makes me a Hearts lover. So many people were quite at ease with Russell Latapy having a decent spell at Falkirk. Does that make us Bairns lovers? (No Hearts or BBC jokes please).

Thankfully the vast majority of fans are not so petty minded.

Jonnyboy
22-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Don't have a problem with Griffiths coming to watch Hibs but he's not on loan to Celtic from Hibs is he?

Poor comparison.

You'll need to run that one past me again. My point is that just because I like the fact LG comes to watch us it doesn't make me a 'Celtc lover'

marinello59
22-01-2017, 05:37 PM

Utter garbage. You're making stuff up just to start an argument. Give it a rest.

supermcginn
22-01-2017, 06:45 PM
I am sure there are a lot of things you don't understand but conflating Celtic 'lovers' with respect and 'love' for a player who is as much a Hibs supporter as any other leads me to believe that you understand that any St Mirren fan who likes and appreciates John McGinn is a Hibs lover. Any Celtic fan who retained a fondness for Kris Commons during his brief spell here is a Hibs lover. And this could be applied to every player we have brought into the club.

Would hate to think liking and appreciating Jason Cummings makes me a Hearts lover. So many people were quite at ease with Russell Latapy having a decent spell at Falkirk. Does that make us Bairns lovers? (No Hearts or BBC jokes please).

Thankfully the vast majority of fans are not so petty minded.
When latapy came back with rangers he was booed every time he went near the ball and called a judas! Celtic have taken our best players since 1888 forgive me for not having much time for them!

hibbysam
22-01-2017, 07:46 PM
When latapy came back with rangers he was booed every time he went near the ball and called a judas! Celtic have taken our best players since 1888 forgive me for not having much time for them!

It's got **** all to do with Celtic!

brianmc
22-01-2017, 07:54 PM

Wow! I didn't realise wee Russell was born and raised a hibby. Thanks for pointing that out.

brianmc
22-01-2017, 07:57 PM

I'm I the only one getting the "irony" of your username?
McGinn being a Celtic supporter as a laddie from a family steeped in the tradition of the weegies greens - in fact, wasn't his grandad the Celtc chairman??

Stubbsyy
22-01-2017, 08:06 PM
He supports Hibs and Celtic are obviously ok with him going to any game he can get to. Good on him.

Won't be surprised to see him back at ER one day. The club obviously holds a special place in his heart.

Haymaker
23-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Is he coming home then? :hyper

:hyper

FranckSuzy
24-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Cause he would need half the west stand to fit them all in. :greengrin

:faf:

gillythehibby
24-01-2017, 12:22 PM
I think it speaks volumes for the laddie that he's more than open about supporting his team. He's as much right as any of us to love and support Hibs. I've no doubt had he been a hun, celtic fans might no be so forgiving. More power to him.

WeeRussell
24-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Wow! I didn't realise wee Russell was born and raised a hibby. Thanks for pointing that out.

I can confirm this.

Topographic Hibby
24-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Asked a CFC supporter at work what he thought of Sparky at Tynie and Cup Final etc.

He says that most supporters have no real opinion or concern about it. They know he's Hibs daft and as long as it didn't get in the way of performing for them, he said they don't have any issues. However, his closing line was, it was fine because we are not competing with Celtic at present. If we get promotion, Griffiths would need to tone down the Hibs-love.

His words. Just repeating what was said to me.

2016 Delivered
25-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Sparky loves Hibs. He plays for Celtic. When he leaves Celtic he will not give a **** about them, again. In fact he will like Dundee more than Celtic. Means to an end and he's grown up and learned to play the game a lot more. It meant more to Riordan playing for Celtic than it did Leigh. As for the Rangers comments, they guys must have not heard the abuse Agathe got. Thomson and Murray both came back, Daz signed for us. Ulrich Larsson (sp) was the only one that got away scot free.