PDA

View Full Version : When We Died As A Club!

brog
21-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Was just thinking, since that fateful day when we were laid to rest as a club, we've been to Hampden 5 times in the big cup & Yams have won 1 game! Of course we've also humped them out the cup twice & I believe there was a fairly happy occasion at Hampden last May!. If 2012 witnessed our demise then our recovery puts Lazarus in the shade!

jdships
21-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Was just thinking, since that fateful day when we were laid to rest as a club, we've been to Hampden 5 times in the big cup & Yams have won 1 game! Of course we've also humped them out the cup twice & I believe there was a fairly happy occasion at Hampden last May!. If 2012 witnessed our demise then our recovery puts Lazarus in the shade!

Sorry but Hibernian FC have never been "laid to est" in my 66 years of supporting them . This despite Mercer /relegation et al
" Gorgie Loyals " and "Glasgow Rangers are in that category !!:flag:

Robinho08
21-01-2017, 05:32 PM
They're still clinging on to their 5-1,even though it's lost its gravitas since last May and of course throwing away that 2 nil lead. Fuds. 😂

Hillsidehibby
21-01-2017, 05:56 PM
You are right. They killed us. Ive never got over it.

Onion
21-01-2017, 06:22 PM

Scottish Cup record 2012 - 2017

Yams - won 1 match
Hibs - won 14 matches

"Special relationship, indeed.

:na na:

Pretty Boy
21-01-2017, 06:26 PM
I've never really got over it tbh. Still cry myself to sleep at night and it eats away at me.

Oh no wait I was in Robbies a few hours after full time of that match belting out Hibs songs and it never even crossed my mind to turn my back on Hibs. The fact some Hearts fans think they would have done so had the roles been reversed says more about them than anything.

Jack Hackett
21-01-2017, 06:28 PM

...Not to mention them coming within a bawhair of liquidation themselves

California-Hibs
21-01-2017, 06:28 PM
The funny thing is they still spout out this line 😂😂 I love it when they do and I mention a few of the things you have, particularly about being the last Edinburgh team to win the big cup. To see them squirm after the reminder will NEVER get old!! 😀

21-01-2017, 06:53 PM
They told us they had "killed us as a club", that our crowds would wither away, that our club would fade away into a nothing.

Hahahahaa oh how it kills them that thats not the case and if anything its them whos gone downwards since that day. They know 5-1 doesn't have nearly the same effect anymore and that really bugs them as well as not having their 1902, 114 years patter. They cling to the 5-1 as they have nothing left. Keep it coming ya ****ing mutants, nobody gives a **** anymore!!!!

thebakerboy
21-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Also in our managers last 2 cup ties at Tynecastle in this period his team have scored 15 goals.

California-Hibs
21-01-2017, 07:02 PM
They told us they had "killed us as a club", that our crowds would wither away, that our club would fade away into a nothing.

Hahahahaa oh how it kills them that thats not the case and if anything its them whos gone downwards since that day. They know 5-1 doesn't have nearly the same effect anymore and that really bugs them as well as not having their 1902, 114 years patter. They cling to the 5-1 as they have nothing left. Keep it coming ya ****ing mutants, nobody gives a **** anymore!!!!

This. In a nutshell.

RIP
21-01-2017, 07:08 PM
The cheats won 5-1 due to a penalty outside the box and us being reduced to 10 men. OK we would have lost but to a team being paid 3 times as much.

They bought that cup with money they never had. Our cup win has made us a million. They went into administration.

Famous Fiver
21-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Was Budgie there today to see how a proper football club operates?

Can't stand Locke but boy, I hope his mob do a number on them tomorrow.

Four new foreigners playing for them, welcome to Kirkcaldy lads.

Boasted for years about bringing on youngsters, then sign foreign no marks and a 37 year old while wee Jason just goes on knocking them in.

To quote a Jambo -

Pleasing!!!

Thecat23
21-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Was Budgie there today to see how a proper football club operates?

Can't stand Locke but boy, I hope his mob do a number on them tomorrow.

Four new foreigners playing for them, welcome to Kirkcaldy lads.

Boasted for years about bringing on youngsters, then sign foreign no marks and a 37 year old while wee Jason just goes on knocking them in.

To quote a Jambo -

Pleasing!!!

Charlie the Bonnyrigg chairman invited Anne Budge. Hope she enjoyed seeing Hibs score 8 in her own garden. 😎

ALF TUPPER
21-01-2017, 07:53 PM

This 👍😁

We never died. That's nonsense to say that.

21-01-2017, 08:00 PM
The cheats won 5-1 due to a penalty outside the box and us being reduced to 10 men. OK we would have lost but to a team being paid 3 times as much.

They bought that cup with money they never had. Our cup win has made us a million. They went into administration.

They had a team well well beyond what they could actually afford and were playing one of the absolute worst hibs teams in my lifetime. Thats how the likes of Skacel actually got made to look like a half decent player. The final came at an absolutely perfect time for them.

They had to bump countless creditors and drove their club to the very brink of extinction to win the cup, we didn't. They absolutely cannot stand the fact that they were just minutes away from still having their 1902 patter but they ****ed it up. We absolutely need to lap up that fact as much as possible. I loved the 2-0 up and you ****ed it up chant today!

bingo70
21-01-2017, 08:02 PM
I remember when England pumped Germany it lead to a total overhaul of their system which in the long run has been great for them.

Although it took us a while to react I can see similarities and if we can just get bloody promoted I can see us being the dominant team in the city for the next few years at least.

Col2
21-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Anne Hudge was indeed at the game. On her feet once, when they scored a penalty.

She must have been surprised to hear the bulk of the fans at the match constantly sing and create a great atmosphere. She must have also been surprised to see football played on deck, quick passing, movement and a number of goals.

All in all not the best day for the old dear. Bless her. She will be in bed by now.

Famous Fiver
21-01-2017, 08:24 PM
And Skacel should have been off before half time in 2012 but that cheating cretin Thomson ignored it, awarded a penalty for an incident outside the box and sent the man off.

I still say when we got back in at 2 -1 we could easily have won it in the second half until the ref intervened.

I said when I came away that day, 'we'll just keep coming back until we win it'

And boy, did we not do just that.

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2017, 08:28 PM
And Skacel should have been off before half time in 2012 but that cheating cretin Thomson ignored it, awarded a penalty for an incident outside the box and sent the man off.

I still say when we got back in at 2 -1 we could easily have won it in the second half until the ref intervened.

That was Black, no?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

The Captain....
21-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Almost every Jambo I've ever had the misfortune of encountering wanted us dead when that FTB Mercer tried and failed miserably to take us over.

It's an obsession of theirs to see us dead..they don't want competition they would rather try and use their corrupt establishment connections in their pursuit of 'being a big club'.

They are a peculiar lot..not a day goes by when I don't thank Sauzee for being a Hibee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21-01-2017, 09:06 PM

As far as the Thompson element is concerned, yes he cheated and clearly wanted to make sure hearts won. We had pulled a goal back and Thompson was keen to make sure hearts regained a more comfortable lead. However, hearts had a far superior team (due to their financial cheating) and hibs were a truly awful side. We still would have got beaten that day no doubt about it. Would the scoreline have been as flattering for hearts as it was if it not had been for Thompsons helping hand? No, I highly doubt it but we were certainly not going to win that day, in fact I can't even believe we made it to the final given the team we had.

brog
21-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Sorry but Hibernian FC have never been "laid to est" in my 66 years of supporting them . This despite Mercer /relegation et al
" Gorgie Loyals " and "Glasgow Rangers are in that category !!:flag:

I agree 100%, it was intended to be sarcastic. It was just when sitting watching Jeff S with the scores today I realised Yams have only won 1 game in the cup since that day. Quite amazing! I then further realised we'd been in a semi, a final & won it in that time giving us 5 Hampden appearances while they haven't got beyond February! Wonderful!

Famous Fiver
21-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Sure I read somewhere on here that since that day in 2012 we have won 14 cup ties to their one.

Oh, and by the way we have won more cup ties at Tynecastle since then than they have ( Two - One)

It's known as Heartsing it.

hibbysam
21-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Sure I read somewhere on here that since that day in 2012 we have won 14 cup ties to their one.

Oh, and by the way we have won more cup ties at Tynecastle since then than they have ( Two - One)

Don't enjoy sticking up for them, but they've won more than two cup ties since then.

21-01-2017, 09:54 PM
can we "die as a club" more often please? Loving this! haha

Mr White
21-01-2017, 09:57 PM
That was Black, no?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Skacel had one on Stevenson later in the first half IIRC that other refs may have viewed differently.

Jack Hackett
21-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Don't enjoy sticking up for them, but they've won more than two cup ties since then.

Dec 12 Hibs 1-0 Hertz 3rd Round
Dec 13 Hertz 0-7 Celtc 3rd Round
Nov 14 Hertz 0-4 Celtc 3rd Round
Jan 16 Hertz 1-0 Dons 3rd Round....

....The rest, as they say, is history :greengrin

O'Rourke3
21-01-2017, 10:17 PM

Winning more cup ties...naw we huvney. We have now won two. One in the League Cup and one in the Scottish. At worst it's a draw. They beat Aberdeen last year before meeting us. They won at least one tie at home on the run to their famous loss to St M in the League Cup Final.