PDA

View Full Version : Draw next round - Raith Rovers/Hearts v Hibs

Pages : 1 [2]

Jonnyboy
22-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Jonnyboy, interesting, thought there was a lot more than that. Could easily let us buy an additional one for a season ticket holder😳

Number surprised me too, Billy

JimBHibees
22-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Got to be said the draw should have been done again clearly looked like pissed Rod was looking in to see numbers so he could give Celtic a home draw.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Great draw, can't wait to be there at that one. :top marks

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Can't change goalposts again

What goalposts

tamig
22-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Jonnyboy, interesting, thought there was a lot more than that. Could easily let us buy an additional one for a season ticket holder😳

Can't see that being entertained. There would be a riot.

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 05:43 PM
What goalposts

The goalposts being that you think you should be allowed to buy an extra ticket for another season ticket holder.

lucky
22-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Ticket scramble is going to fun especially if it at the PBS

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2017, 05:45 PM
What goalposts

Getting an extra ticket wasn't what you signed up for, and fine well you know it

emerald green
22-01-2017, 05:46 PM
I would have preferred a home tie, but I guess not every club can be The Rangers when it comes to the luck of the draw.

That said, they've got what appears to be a tricky tie against Greenock Morton. As ever, with games against the Ibrox outfit, a lot often depends on the away team getting fair treatment from the referee and linesmen.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Getting an extra ticket wasn't what you signed up for, and fine well you know it

It wasn't, but thought they might just give us a little extra reward

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2017, 05:48 PM
It wasn't, but thought they might just give us a little extra reward

Nope

inglisavhibs
22-01-2017, 05:51 PM
When Hertz drew Raith in the last round, I did mention I hoped we'd get Raith in the this round if we got there. Last 4(?) teams to beat Raith going on to win the cup and all that. If Hertz get through I'll be nervous! 😕

Not worried about who we play but more concerned that we take our eye of the ball in the league games before and after the cup tie.

Billy Whizz
Nope

Don't ask, don't get

Itsnoteasy
I would have preferred a home tie, but I guess not every club can be The Rangers when it comes to the luck of the draw.

That said, they've got what appears to be a tricky tie against Greenock Morton. As ever, with games against the Ibrox outfit, a lot often depends on the away team getting fair treatment from the referee and linesmen.

Why are we banging on about TRFC getting another home draw. They havnae won the trophy.

Waxy
22-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Its ridiculous they dont swish the balls around at all.In this day they should be getting some kind of lottery machine to do the draws.was it not so long ago they had the club names in some kind of plastic ball? One burst open in the pot half way through a draw and they had to scrap it.

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Don't ask, don't get

That's true.

Well you have asked and you'll no be getting.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Why are we banging on about RFC getting another home draw. They havnae won the trophy since 2009.

They havnae won it ever

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 05:56 PM
They havnae won it ever

True

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 05:58 PM
They havnae won it ever

Edited original post. Well spotted

Hibsfan42
22-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Don't see what was so bad about draw - so they made a wee mistake and Rod had had a few.. big deal!

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Don't see what was so bad about draw - so they made a wee mistake and Rod had had a few.. big deal!

Thought Rod was teetotal now?

Hibsfan42
22-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Thought Rod was teetotal now?

mibby he is! I suppose i was just trying to say i don't care whether the draw is super slick or not :-)

DaveF
22-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Got to be said the draw should have been done again clearly looked like pissed Rod was looking in to see numbers so he could give Celtic a home draw.

He was looking at every ball he picked out, but given the state he was in I'd be surprised if he could focus properly.

emerald green
22-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Why are we banging on about TRFC getting another home draw. They havnae won the trophy.

I know the new club haven't won the trophy. That's not my point. They keep getting home draws nonetheless. That's my point.

PS: Even some of the trophies they actually "won" under Oldco are tainted IMO. But that's another story.

wookie70
22-01-2017, 06:15 PM
It isn't the fact the draw was embarrassing it is the fact it could be made to at least look like it was impossible to rig. That should be the number one priority of those organising the draw. Having people with a vested interest looking into the pot whilst drawing a ball with a number on the side doesn't exactly look foolproof.

emerald green
22-01-2017, 06:17 PM
It isn't the fact the draw was embarrassing it is the fact it could be made to at least look like it was impossible to rig. That should be the number one priority of those organising the draw. Having people with a vested interest looking into the pot whilst drawing a ball with a number on the side doesn't exactly look foolproof.

Amateurish would be the way I'd describe it. But hey, what's new? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
22-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Sacking a manager after 10 games or so. Right then.

Swansea sacked Bob after 11 games.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Swansea sacked Bob after 11 games.

They can afford it SH

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 06:38 PM
He was looking at every ball he picked out, but given the state he was in I'd be surprised if he could focus properly.

He must have had x-ray vision. There was a rubber seal over the balls.

DaveF
22-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Maybe all the bevvy gave him super power vision :greengrin

Swedish hibee
22-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Just watched Rod online. Embarrassing🙈

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 06:59 PM
There's no debate to be had really.

Away STs 1st then ST holders. 1 each. It will sell put at that point.

It should be away ST 1st
ST holders 2nd
Half ST holders 3rd

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Maybe all the bevvy gave him super power vision :greengrin

I think the bevvy gives us all super powers.

silverhibee
22-01-2017, 07:19 PM
They can afford it SH

I know that Billy, was just pointing it out that it can happen.

Waxy
22-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Of the three times we've won the Scottish cup, we've knocked hearts out on the way twice.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2017, 07:25 PM
I know that Billy, was just pointing it out that it can happen.

As long as they don't do it the week before the cup game, if they get through

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Sacking a manager after 10 games or so. Right then.

We sacked Sauzee after 69 days.

SteveHFC
22-01-2017, 07:31 PM
If it's hearts wonder if they'll bring back loyalty points for this or are they expecting all season ticket holders to go for so many tickets.

Think I'll be queuing up over night if so.

Itsnoteasy
22-01-2017, 07:41 PM
If it's hearts wonder if they'll bring back loyalty points for this or are they expecting all season ticket holders to go for so many tickets.

Think I'll be queuing up over night if so.

It's the only way it can be done. How can they start to introduce loyalty points. That was controversially scrapped.

GreenCastle
22-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Record time this will sell out.

No chance they can bring back the loyalty points.

SteveHFC
22-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Record time this will sell out.

No chance they can bring back the loyalty points.

Can see everyone wanting to go queuing up overnight like the old days. :hyper

wookie70
22-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Queuing up overnight is probably the fairest way they could do it but you would then have the problem of how may tickets could you buy. I would want one for me and three season ticket holding kids. Do they all need to be there or can I get all 4 tickets. There is only one decent way to do this and the club scrapped it last year.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Its a hard draw, and they will (rightly) be favourites, being at home, league above etc

But i think we have a good chance. We are quite pbysically strong, have a fairly good mentality and are full of scottish lads that know what it takes in games like these.

Truth is, they are a very unknown quantity and have some reallu tough games coming up. BUT... they do still habe some really good players who are capable of hurting us.

Will be close. Wish we had an easier draw

Hermit Crab
22-01-2017, 08:02 PM
He goes to every Hibs game though:confused:

Forget it S, he takes a year sabbatical and still comes back the same....

northstandhibby
22-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Its a hard draw, and they will (rightly) be favourites, being at home, league above etc

But i think we have a good chance. We are quite pbysically strong, have a fairly good mentality and are full of scottish lads that know what it takes in games like these.

Truth is, they are a very unknown quantity and have some reallu tough games coming up. BUT... they do still habe some really good players who are capable of hurting us.

Will be close. Wish we had an easier draw

Good points. I managed to watch a good bit of their game today but they didn't overly impress me. They definitely miss the drive and goal threat of the guy who got injured. The only player who looked worth anything was walker who looks a bit of a handful but apart from that they were very ordinary and underwhelming. Their keeper looks a bit of a bomb-scare.

A decent team would have put two or three past them today. I fancy our chances if its the hertz barring the usual potential pitfalls of dodgy ref etcetera.

Glory Glory

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Not worried about who we play but more concerned that we take our eye of the ball in the league games before and after the cup tie.
This is my overriding concern too mate...the slump last year followed the replay win over the Yams

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2017, 08:43 PM
This is my overriding concern too mate...the slump last year followed the replay win over the Yams

Getting out this League has to be priority, if it is to be the Fuds, depending on the next 3 league games, we could be in a position to play a reserve side against them, and still give them a good game.

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Getting out this League has to be priority, if it is to be the Fuds, depending on the next 3 league games, we could be in a position to play a reserve side against them, and still give them a good game.
Absolutely mate....we must not let anything get in the way of winning this league...much as I want to knock them out if they manage to beat RR

Galahibby
22-01-2017, 09:54 PM
I was hearing about how they always did well when the year ended in a six. How did that work out?

It's all a lot of mince. The only way you're guaranteed to win the cup if you beat Raith is if you play them in the final.

I don't recall saying anything was guaranteed, just that the draw made me a wee bit nervous :rolleyes:

Gogs07
22-01-2017, 11:32 PM
The Huntz are keeking themselves already and they have no confidence of beating Raith in the replay!

They will get pumped in their next three league games and we will take care of Raith in the next round:hyper

Onion
23-01-2017, 04:40 AM
Good points. I managed to watch a good bit of their game today but they didn't overly impress me. They definitely miss the drive and goal threat of the guy who got injured. The only player who looked worth anything was walker who looks a bit of a handful but apart from that they were very ordinary and underwhelming. Their keeper looks a bit of a bomb-scare.

A decent team would have put two or three past them today. I fancy our chances if its the hertz barring the usual potential pitfalls of dodgy ref etcetera.

Glory Glory

Hibs have done well against the Yams in recent times, but we've all seen enough over the year never to underestimate them. Do so at your peril. They are a resourceful unit especially at the PBS when their backs against the wall and nothing (and I mean nothing) would make them happier than to knock us out of the cup. If Hibs and Lennon go into that game thinking we're favourites or just have to play decent to win, we'll get spanked. We'll need to play out of our skins.

All assuming the Yams can get past lowly Raith Rovers, of course :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
23-01-2017, 06:20 AM
"We want 7"
"We want 7"
"We want 7"

JimBHibees
23-01-2017, 06:24 AM

There was clearly a gap where you could see through.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2017, 07:13 AM
If hearts get through will they play the game at Tiny or will they try and cash in and move it to a bigger stadium?

flash
23-01-2017, 07:55 AM
I know we have done this before but are unused subs cup tied?

Hermit Crab
23-01-2017, 08:19 AM
I know we have done this before but are unused subs cup tied?

No.

flash
23-01-2017, 08:24 AM
No.

Cheers. Interesting that neither Liam or Ryan Christie were used yesterday.

Betty Boop
23-01-2017, 10:33 AM
I know the new club haven't won the trophy. That's not my point. They keep getting home draws nonetheless. That's my point.
PS: Even some of the trophies they actually "won" under Oldco are tainted IMO. But that's another story.

Are you seriously suggesting that Stubbs and Sir Rod :rolleyes:, somehow were in cahoots with the SFA, to ensure Rangers got a home draw ? They're both Celtic minded.

Wilson
23-01-2017, 10:38 AM

I seem to remember ourselves getting plenty of home draws for a spell. Nobody was calling foul then. Quite the opposite, I remember those that bought the cup top-up being positively delerious.

Luck of the draw.

Jack Hackett
23-01-2017, 12:07 PM
I seem to remember ourselves getting plenty of home draws for a spell. Nobody was calling foul then. Quite the opposite, I remember those that bought the cup top-up being positively delerious.

Luck of the draw.

Doesn't actually seem to have done them any good trophy wise either :greengrin

23-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Luck of the draw.

We got loads of home draws in both the league cup and scottish cup last season. Don't think there is any dodgy business going on, the huns have just been jammy.

emerald green
23-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that Stubbs and Sir Rod :rolleyes:, somehow were in cahoots with the SFA, to ensure Rangers got a home draw ? They're both Celtic minded.

Nah I'm not suggesting that there was anything untoward going on. As everyone knows, everything in Scottish football is always level and above board. Just look at how The Rangers and Heart of Midlothian operated not all that long ago for example. :rolleyes:

I'm just disappointed that the luck of the draw has favoured The Rangers yet again. I don't like them, and would have liked them to get a very difficult draw and get knocked out of the competition. Simple as that basically.

Luck of the draw.

See above. Yes the luck of the draw. They've had more than their fair share of that down through the years.

silverhibee
23-01-2017, 03:51 PM
As long as they don't do it the week before the cup game, if they get through

Will more than likely be the Monday after we have played them that weekend. :wink: :greengrin

If they win on Wednesday.