PDA

View Full Version : When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup.................

theonlywayisup
21-01-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm buzzing for today! I can't wait for the game to start.

I would have thought that having finally won the Scottish Cup, it would become less important to me. No chance! I want it more. I want to re-live that experience again. Okay, nothing will ever match what happened on the 21st May 2016 and in the days after, but would like the chance to test that thought.

I'm sure the Hibs players are thinking that as well. Go on Hibs, let's make it two in a row!

:flag::flag::flag:

RoscoHibby
21-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Hope the players are thinking the same as me. It's our cup now, and whoever is going to take it away is going to have to run through brick walls and fight like never before to do it.

Also hope we start today like we did the final, and like the utd game recently. High intensity and just attack. Do that and Bonnyrigg will **** themselves, just like utd did, and it'll be a comfortable afternoon all round...

Pretty Boy
21-01-2017, 11:36 AM
I want to win it again.

The league is the priority this year but a run in the Scottish Cup shouldn't cause too much inconvenience. Our fixture pile up last year was a combination of the SC, LC and postponed games.

It's a big ask but after last year nothing is impossible.

WS Hibs
21-01-2017, 11:52 AM
We should never disregard the Scottish Cup. Promotion is the priority this season, but the Scottish Cup is still the biggest and best trophy that clubs like Hibs can (realistically) win. What if we - god forbid - started another 100 odd years without winning it, because we're too busy focusing on the league to care?

Seveno
21-01-2017, 12:04 PM
The Championship has to be the absolute priority this season but winning the cup again would be an amazing extra. Having said that, I can't believe how excited I am about Hibs playing Bonnyrigg Rose.

theonlywayisup
21-01-2017, 12:06 PM
The Championship has to be the absolute priority this season but winning the cup again would be an amazing extra. Having said that, I can't believe how excited I am about Hibs playing Bonnyrigg Rose.

I know. Maybes it's the fact that it's also an away game at Tiny.

theonlywayisup
22-01-2017, 07:33 AM
I'm buzzing for today! I can't wait for the game to start.

I would have thought that having finally won the Scottish Cup, it would become less important to me. No chance! I want it more. I want to re-live that experience again. Okay, nothing will ever match what happened on the 21st May 2016 and in the days after, but would like the chance to test that thought.

I'm sure the Hibs players are thinking that as well. Go on Hibs, let's make it two in a row!

:flag::flag::flag:

What a great way to start the defence of our cup. Eight goals, many in the "cracker" category. A good sing song! Seven goals plus at the home of our rivals. All great fun.

On to the next installment. Go on Hibs, let's make it two in a row!

Onion
22-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Really enjoyed the day, decent performance, good atmosphere, hat full of goals and a few sad Obsessives watching on too.

Hoping to get a home draw next round, going to be sold out whoever we get. Been a while since Hibs have played at ER in the Scottish Cup as holders :flag:

And at least we didn't fall at the first hurdle, defending the trophy :greengrin

Zorro
22-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Really enjoyed the day, decent performance, good atmosphere, hat full of goals and a few sad Obsessives watching on too.

Hoping to get a home draw next round, going to be sold out whoever we get. Been a while since Hibs have played at ER in the Scottish Cup as holders :flag:

And at least we didn't fall at the first hurdle, defending the trophy :greengrin

Only big clubs get knocked out at the home of their arch rivals at the first hurdle of defending the cup 😜