PDA

View Full Version : If not Hibs

smithy_hibees
21-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Wee bit fun..

If you weren't a Hibee and current Scottish Cup Champion (had get that in) who would you support ??

houstonhibbee
21-01-2017, 12:30 AM
Wee bit fun..

If you weren't a Hibee and current Scottish Cup Champion (had get that in) who would you support ??
Used to live in Portland Ore, so the Timbers......

Babyshamble
21-01-2017, 12:30 AM
Dunfermline. Met my best mate in 1985 when I was 12.he is a pars man.looked out for their results ever since.

monktonharp
21-01-2017, 12:44 AM
the Jags

Kojock
21-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Tranent Juniors

HappyAsHellas
21-01-2017, 01:24 AM
1968 my uncles who were jambos took me to hampdump to see the yams win the scottish cup. A young man by the name of Edwards who played for Dunfermline ripped them a new one, in a stunning 3 - 1 victory, so for me it would be the pars.

Hibbyradge
21-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Hearts. Obviously.

Billychaotic182
21-01-2017, 01:29 AM
East Fife or Dundee

Billychaotic182
21-01-2017, 01:31 AM

I have a timbers top from a few years back. Adidas too green with white sleeves. It's a stunning top

SteveHFC
21-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Would have likely ended up a Jambo or Sevco fan if i wasn't a hibby. :duck:

houstonhibbee
21-01-2017, 01:52 AM
I have a timbers top from a few years back. Adidas too green with white sleeves. It's a stunning top
when I was there they were not in MLS and getting crowds of 5,000. I think Michael O'neill played for them around that time - 1999 - 2003
Now they sell out every season and sounds like quite an atmosphere. Would love to go back and catch a game.

Pete
21-01-2017, 01:59 AM
If hibs ceased to exist tomorrow then I'm not sure I would actively support anyone.

If Hibs had never existed then it would be Hearts.

Not really sure of the question.

houstonhibbee
21-01-2017, 02:34 AM
If hibs ceased to exist tomorrow then I'm not sure I would actively support anyone.

Being brought up in Edinburgh, I would be the same. Its either Hibs or Hearts. When I was too young to go to away games I would go to Tynecastle but never supported them. I was always hibs daft and in my early teens was lucky enough to follow the Tornadoes to most games home and away. My uncle and my Mum were brought up on Leith Walk and he took my to my first game at Easter Rd in 1967 and I was hooked. My dad was brought up in Craiglockhart and his brothers were all hearts but he took me to all the Tornadoes games when he knew I was so keen. I guess if Hibs hadn't existed I would have just supported Hearts, but don't think it would have been the same love affair.
Never had any affinity for Hearts but that was it - a healthy rivalry.
Hated rangers with a vengeance because of their dirty tactics and disgusting "fans" like every other Hibs fan. Punching kids with their Dads etc.
Celtic fans at least didn't go around punching everyone and played entertaining football.
I guess that was the way it was back then.....

Edinburgher
21-01-2017, 03:23 AM
Livie - used to go and watch Meadowbank Thistle alot as boy.

GreenLake
21-01-2017, 03:58 AM
Wee bit fun..

I have a few other teams that I have season tickets for. LA Galaxy, LA Kings, LA Lakers, LA Clippers and I am going to choose two Fieldside Club seats for the under-construction LAFC stadium in a couple of weeks. I often wear one of my Hibs shirts underneath Kings or Lakers jerseys, although for Lakers I choose a black, purple or white away shirt as Green is not a favored color at the Staples Center due to the Boston Celtics. Kings beat Rangers (no need for "The" in front of this team) in the Stanley Cup in 2014 which was extra nice for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_W3p6RAcM

I would swap all those to be a Hibs season ticket holder and long for hypersonic travel.

pacorosssco
21-01-2017, 04:05 AM
I have a few other teams that I have season tickets for. LA Galaxy, LA Kings, LA Lakers, LA Clippers and I am going to choose two Fieldside Club seats for the under-construction LAFC stadium in a couple of weeks. I often wear one of my Hibs shirts underneath Kings or Lakers jerseys, although for Lakers I choose a black, purple or white away shirt as Green is not a favored color at the Staples Center due to the Boston Celtics. Kings beat Rangers (no need for "The" in front of this team) in the Stanley Cup in 2014 which was extra nice for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_W3p6RAcM

I would swap all those to be a Hibs season ticket holder and long for hypersonic travel.

Wow how do u have any time left to go pub

BigT-Hibeez
21-01-2017, 04:11 AM
Tranent Juniors..

Shame they play in Maroon..

seattlehibby
21-01-2017, 04:44 AM
live in seattle.Seattle Sounders.Season ticket holder>MLS cup holders.2016 .like my Hibs:flag::flag:

Earlydelivery
21-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Hearts .
would never have supported any of the bigot brothers .

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2017, 06:01 AM
live in seattle.Seattle Sounders.Season ticket holder>MLS cup holders.2016 .like my Hibs:flag::flag:

Glory hunter ;)

GreenLake
21-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Wow how do u have any time left to go pub

I can choose from 150+ games to go to per season and sell the rest. I don't need to waste time in pubs when I can drink at games 3 or 4 times per week.

LA Galaxy Champions Lounge (http://www.stubhubcenter.com/premium/champions-lounge) food and alcohol included in a bar right inside the players tunnel.

Kings, Lakers and Clippers with Lexus Club (https://www.staplescenter.com/guest-services/exclusive-dining/lexus-club) membership where nothing is free but food is exceptional, wine is great and liquor is top shelf. Plus you get to buy all the AEG run concert tickets face value.

LAFC will have great lounge facilities too (https://lafc.com/stadium/clubs/) with the same entertainment company behind Golden State Warriors involved as owners.

The craving for watching lots of teams probably comes from not being able to go to Hibs games and nothing replaces that.

ALF TUPPER
21-01-2017, 06:38 AM
Can't imagine supporting anyone else. I hope I wouldn't be interested in football then 😊

offshorehibby
21-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Honestly can't imagine watching anybody else. If it was somebody local then Spartans, i might nip down and see Leeds.

hibs0666
21-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Seing as I grew up in Gorgie, it would have to be...

...anybody bar the guunts.

Tom Hart RIP
21-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Being brought up in Edinburgh, I would be the same. Its either Hibs or Hearts. When I was too young to go to away games I would go to Tynecastle but never supported them. I was always hibs daft and in my early teens was lucky enough to follow the Tornadoes to most games home and away. My uncle and my Mum were brought up on Leith Walk and he took my to my first game at Easter Rd in 1967 and I was hooked. My dad was brought up in Craiglockhart and his brothers were all hearts but he took me to all the Tornadoes games when he knew I was so keen. I guess if Hibs hadn't existed I would have just supported Hearts, but don't think it would have been the same love affair.
Never had any affinity for Hearts but that was it - a healthy rivalry.
Hated rangers with a vengeance because of their dirty tactics and disgusting "fans" like every other Hibs fan. Punching kids with their Dads etc.
Celtic fans at least didn't go around punching everyone and played entertaining football.
I guess that was the way it was back then.....

Exactly the same. My neighbour was a big Hearts fan but used to take me to Easter Road late 60s early 70s because the standard of football was so good. Totally Agree about Rangers fans.

lugz
21-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Celtic. Was brought up in leith with my mums side supporting hibs and my dads side supporting Celtic.

Peevemor
21-01-2017, 07:51 AM
My big brother is a Celtic fan so I may have been influenced by him, although having been brought up in the West of Edinburgh, I'd probably be a merrick.

LustForLeith
21-01-2017, 08:24 AM
East Stirling

scoopyboy
21-01-2017, 08:28 AM
I could never feel the same about any other club the way I feel about Hibs so I would probably watch Tranent Juniors when I wanted to take in a game.

Either that or not bother at all.

Jones28
21-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Probably the gunts, grandad was a jambo and when dad went to college he met some Hibbies and the rest is history.

Diclonius
21-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Dundee United. Grew up in Angus and most of my friends supported them.

If not that, then possibly Celtic (briefly liked them as a kid by virtue of my Dad) or, as I based my team on where I was born, Hearts.

AltheHibby
21-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Berwick Rangers. My happiest memories as a kid were all in Berwick, so they would have been my natural choice.

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2017, 09:47 AM

This is where I am. I couldn't support another Scottish team if Hibs didn't exist. I would be a neutral, lost to game as an active follower.

If they never existed, I couldn't glory hunt for bigot bros, so I would probably -horrific as it sounds- support Hearts as the local team.

I would draw a line at having sex with my sister in the toilets, so I would be probably be described in the Wheatfield in derogatory terms, like 'fair weather fan' 'prawn sandwich brigadier' 'part time supporter' etc.

greenlex
21-01-2017, 09:55 AM
Rangers

Nameless
21-01-2017, 10:08 AM
One of the following 3;

Hearts - grew up in Edinburgh, so local team.

Der Hun - My grandad was a hun, and I adored him when I was wee.

Roath Ravers - my best mates are from Thornton in Fife, and are massive Rovers fans, so this one is most likely.

wookie70
21-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Impossible to know but possibly Livingstone. I lived closed to Meadowbank so might have went to their games and followed them when they moved. Hearts are an establishment team so I can't imagine I would ever have followed them.

21-01-2017, 10:28 AM
If hibs hadn't been around and hearts were the only edinburgh club then unfortunately more than likely I would have been one of them (shudder at the very thought!).

Born and bred in edinburgh so would never have gone to one of the weegie bigot brothers.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Ayr Utd, my home town team

Canon Hannan
21-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Celtic - great support and friends supported them
Hearts - local club
St Johnstone - like the club

Eyrie
21-01-2017, 11:17 AM
If Hibs stopped existing today, I'd support no-one. You can change your house, your car, your wife, your job, your religion, your politics but never your team*.

If Hibs had never existed, then as an Edinburgh laddie I'd have grown up following my local team which would be Hearts. Life would be very different for me - I'd have a crick in my neck from trying to track the ball at games, I'd have to remember to call my son my nephew in public and I'd be financially better off thanks to the contents of every charity box that I could find. However I would draw the line at regarding Skacel as a legend on a par with Robertson or Mackay.

*Look at how Sevco supporters try to justify following the new club.

jdships
21-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Ross County
" Com'on the Staggies "

Sir David Gray
21-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Being born and bred in Falkirk, it would probably be them. Either that or Rangers R.I.P. as the place I stay is full of them and the majority of people in my primary school supported them.

Thankfully I never had any other option as to which team I was going to support, thanks to my mum.

Smartie
21-01-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't have a sister so the Tynecastle home fan experience would be wasted on me.

I used to live in Dundee, had a few mates who supported the Dark Blues and developed a wee bit of a soft spot for them.

I have lots of family links to Dunfermline too, so possibly them.

Most likely I'd be lost to the game as an active fan, or pick an obscure foreign team and do an occasional pilgrimage to go and see them, a bit like those crazy Scandinavians who support teams like Stenhousemuir and Cowdenbeath.

Squealing pig
21-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Sevco

Adniston Burn
21-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Celtic

Alex Trager
21-01-2017, 12:33 PM

This surely.

Too hard to say cause we have all these years of detesting hearts.

But that would never have been if there was no hibs.

snooky
21-01-2017, 12:35 PM
If Hibs had never existed then possibly Hearts.
If Hibs go doon the pan then The "Lie Forriters". :wink:

Pretty Boy
21-01-2017, 12:39 PM
If Hibs ceased to exist tomorrow it would be Spartans and Newcastle.

Thankfully it's likely to remain a hypothetical question for the forseeable.

Keith_M
21-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Meadowbank Thistle

Malthibby
21-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Meadowbank Thistle

Yup, local team & Ferranti connection.
And meybes Bonnyrigg because of work connections.....
Nightmare notion though, I'd be someone else altogether.
GG

Golden Bear
21-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Motherwell.

Within easy travelling distance and the availability of a cracking fish supper on the way home.

:greengrin

Seveno
21-01-2017, 12:58 PM
I can't imagine loving my club the way I love Hibs. If they ceased to exist then I would just watch football on tv.

I am a Hibby because my Dad was a Hibby and took me to ER as a boy in the days when you could be lifted over the turnstiles. It is hard to imagine him as a Jambo so I don't think I would ever have ended up anywhere else.

Glorious St Pat
21-01-2017, 01:07 PM
I can't imagine loving my club the way I love Hibs. If they ceased to exist then I would just watch football on tv.

I am a Hibby because my Dad was a Hibby and took me to ER as a boy in the days when you could be lifted over the turnstiles. It is hard to imagine him as a Jambo so I don't think I would ever have ended up anywhere else.

It doesn't bear thinking about - no Hibs. It alarms me how so many here could follow that shameless lot or their bigoted cousins. Jeez where is your integrity man! Both clubs rotten to the core.

Me? No-one else but I do have a soft spot for Everton.

ano hibby
21-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Probably go to different grounds every week as a neutral. Pick derby games & interesting matches. After that would see if I had a soft spot for any of the teams.
Wouldn't rule out any team other than sevco or Falkirk who after last few years really dislike.

stoneyburn hibs
21-01-2017, 01:16 PM
If there were no Hibs tomorrow then I'd likely take up bowls or fishing.

therealgavmac
21-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Like a few folks, no Hibs = no football for me......

I'm an ex egg chaser so after moving down here to Carmarthenshire I got a season ticket for the Scarlets in Llanelli...... averaging 6 or 7 thousand in a 15,000 stadium can feel soulless...... BUT, fairly good scran, beer, and standing areas...... live for the local sell-out West Wales derbies against Ospreys and the European games every season........

I'd give it ALL up to be well enough to travel home more for Hibs though.... even once or twice a season

Jonnyboy
21-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Leith Athletic 😀

2016 Delivered
21-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Whatever club was there instead of Hibs. ****in hate hearts with a passion so it rules they scarf twirling ****s put. Or Newcastle I would get a season ticket for.

Bobo
21-01-2017, 01:33 PM
East Fife for me (my father-in-law's team) if it had to be a Scottish team but I'd probably choose to cross the border and go and watch Newcastle on a regular basis.

Galahibby
21-01-2017, 02:04 PM
All of my games as a really small kid were at Tynecastle, but it never felt right so I'd like to think Meadowbank :wink: Who knows though?

PS Motherwell have just scored. That is very, very funny :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2017, 02:10 PM
If Hibs had never existed then I'd probably be a Yam ..... born in the Western General which is about as near to the PBS as you can get if you weren't born at home :confused:

If Hibs went out of business it would be Gala Fairydean Rovers with the odd trip to Liverpool to watch Everton thrown in :greengrin

SanFranHibs
21-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Hearts. Obviously.

I agree. Only because I would hope to bring them as much luck as I have brought Hibs in the past decades :greengrin

Seriously though, I would just 'follow' the teams whose results I look for now. Berwick because I spent so much time there as a young boy. Newcastle who I liked as a boy. Wycombe because I went to college and then worked there. Genoa, Aachen, Dallas and a few other teams that I follow, usually because I have been there.

But support? I think I would actually wait to see if I landed back in Europe on a permanent basis and then support whichever team was local.....and hopefully not one of the giants.

Bostonhibby
21-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Used to live right next to Meadowbank and watched a few games and tolerated the hearts of the 60' so and seventies so as I'd follow an Edinburgh team I'll go for Edinburgh City 😊

Nae Midlothians for me

shetlandhibee
21-01-2017, 02:22 PM
if i didnt support hibs i dont think i would support anybody else! cant bring my mind to think of anybody else! :not worth:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2017, 02:23 PM

Of all the towns in the US with a 'soccer' team Portland seems to have embraced their club more than any other. The matchday atmosphere seems brilliant and of course they are part of the Green brotherhood .... what's not to like, up the Timbers :greengrin

heretoday
21-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Hearts!

Tha Cabbage Kid
21-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Wee bit fun..

do you mean if hibs never existed? all my family are jambos so i wiould imagine id probably be a jambo.

if you mean if hibs became no more? then id probably support anyone other than the jambos and the ugly sisters hahaha!!

GreenLake
21-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Of all the towns in the US with a 'soccer' team Portland seems to have embraced their club more than any other. The matchday atmosphere seems brilliant and of course they are part of the Green brotherhood .... what's not to like, up the Timbers :greengrin

The Seattle Sounders average close to 45000 every game and are big local rivals with the Timbers. Both won a first MLS Cup in the last two seasons and have distanced themselves from The Rangers.

A Hi-Bee
21-01-2017, 03:14 PM
I repeat none, mabeys in a past life it would have been Leith Renton

IWasThere2016
21-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Dundee or Raith.

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2017, 04:05 PM
The Seattle Sounders average close to 45000 every game and are big local rivals with the Timbers. Both won a first MLS Cup in the last two seasons and have distanced themselves from The Rangers.

Yeh .... heard a storey that one of the Timbers supporters groups was called 'the Rangers' ( no doubt a forestry reference ) and changed it because they didn't want any association with the Glasgow bigot fest.

I'm aware of the rivalry between the Timbers and the glory hunting fanboys who turn out to watch the Sounders :greengrin

seattlehibby
21-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Glory hunter ;)lived in seattle area since 1992. Season ticket holder since2009.:thumbsup::flag:

lucky
21-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Hearts like my father and uncles but even posting that makes me feel dirty