PDA

View Full Version : Gray suspended for his Celebtation of winning goal

Ronniekirk
20-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Gray out tomorrow for running and Celebrating that Histotic goal with his own fans no where near the Rangers fans
Justt seems crazy that this rule isnt changed .Deprives the Captain from leading us out in pur first game in Defence of the Trophy
Who replaces him as assume Hanlon still injured So Foster is only player that can fill in this position ?

Moulin Yarns
20-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Lewis?

lugz
20-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Gray out tomorrow for running and Celebrating that Histotic goal with his own fans no where near the Rangers fans
Justt seems crazy that this rule isnt changed .Deprives the Captain from leading us out in pur first game in Defence of the Trophy
Who replaces him as assume Hanlon still injured So Foster is only player that can fill in this position ?

He got booked and the ref apologised to him for having to do it (gray stated this). I have nothing against it to be honest, it's a stupid rule but it's a rule and the ref regardless of the situation has to follow it or its him that will be punished.

scoopyboy
20-01-2017, 09:48 PM

Not strictly true Ronnie.

He is suspended because he was booked twice in last seasons competition, not solely for celebrating the goal.

Scott Martin for right back?

Jonnyboy
20-01-2017, 09:50 PM

He is suspended because he was booked twice in last seasons competition, not solely for celebrating the goal.

Good shout, Scoops :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Big Daz at RB, and tell him tae kick any of the Hertz supporting gimps that are clutching at their 15 minutes of fame.

Mikey09
20-01-2017, 09:55 PM
I would put big Daz at right back with Forster playing centre half with Fonts.

HibsNutter
20-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Perhaps 3-5-2 with Humphrey right wing back?

B.H.F.C
20-01-2017, 09:59 PM

Yep that's who I think will be RB. Played there up at Turriff if I remember right.

lord bunberry
20-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Hopefully he's suspended for the first round next season

givescotlandfreedom
20-01-2017, 10:31 PM
We have to accept the winning goalscorer enough going to celebrate with his own fans for scoring in the last moment of the biggest moment in out club's modern history is a yellow card. But taunting rival fans by going out your way to antagonise them about a game your current club wasn't even involved in apparently isn't.

BroxburnHibee
20-01-2017, 10:34 PM

Is that a scoopyboy understands? :greengrin

Pete
20-01-2017, 10:36 PM
is there any evidence that he left the pitch?

LustForLeith
21-01-2017, 06:22 AM
I disagree with the rule that you can get booked for a celebration. Imagine if Gray's goal on the other hand started a pitch invastion...!:greengrin

scoopyboy
21-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Is that a scoopyboy understands? :greengrin

It's not as strong as a Scoopyboy understands but it has been considered.:greengrin

3pm
21-01-2017, 07:32 AM
It's not as strong as a Scoopyboy understands but it has been considered.:greengrin

He played there against Turriff.

O'Rourke3
21-01-2017, 07:32 AM
So SDG is one of the two carrying the cup round the pitch. Who is the other?

rotherhamrob
21-01-2017, 07:46 AM
So SDG is one of the two carrying the cup round the pitch. Who is the other?

I'd suggest Paul hanlon,just to remind them they were 2-0 up and fu**** it up.

superfurryhibby
21-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Humphrey played right back for Preston throughout his time there. Not sure why anyone would want Stevenson, Mc Gregor or Martin at right back?

Moulin Yarns
21-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Lewis?

When I said Lewis, I mean as Captain to read the team out. The legend who is the only Hibs player in history to win both national cups.

JimBHibees
21-01-2017, 08:17 AM
When I said Lewis, I mean as Captain to read the team out. The legend who is the only Hibs player in history to win both national cups.

My captain would be Darren McGregor

Tyler Durden
21-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Surely the stupid rule here is for a suspension from last years competition applying in the next year? Ridiculous.

2 bookings in 5 games is easily incurred these days and this is effectively a new competition.

Unless someone is done for violent conduct this is crazy, bet these rules don't apply in England

BH Hibs
21-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Is this a new thing or has it always been the case that these are carried forward to next season. Bonkers rule.

lucky
21-01-2017, 08:28 AM
It should not matter who is at RB today. We should stroll this

O'Rourke3
21-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Always been the case and we may have short memories. Danny Wilson coming back to Der Hun should have been suspended in the League Cup (might have been Scottish). No evidence he's ever served his ban while in England. Liverpool eventually mumbled, produced an old crumpled receipt of unspecific vendor having originally denying knowing he was under a suspension.

Greenworld
21-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Foster

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
21-01-2017, 09:30 AM
I disagree with the rule that you can get booked for a celebration. Imagine if Gray's goal on the other hand started a pitch invastion...!:greengrin

His celebration would have been totally different if the goal was at the other end and he would be playing today.

The difference in a coin toss.

J

21-01-2017, 09:33 AM
A stupid rule and its a shame our cup winning captain wont be able to lead us out in the start of our defence. We should be more than able to beat Bonnyrigg Rose without him though lol!

Hanlon or McGreagor as captain for me.

Big_Franck
21-01-2017, 09:46 AM
A stupid rule and its a shame our cup winning captain wont be able to lead us out in the start of our defence. We should be more than able to beat Bonnyrigg Rose without him though lol!

Hanlon or McGreagor as captain for me.

Hanlon's injured. I think McGregor will be captain.

Hopefully we'll go 3-5-2 with either Humphrey or Boyle right wing back/right mid. We don't need 4 at the back against Bonnyrigg Rose.

21-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Hanlon's injured. I think McGregor will be captain.

Hopefully we'll go 3-5-2 with either Humphrey or Boyle right wing back/right mid. We don't need 4 at the back against Bonnyrigg Rose.

Ah so he is! Yep McGreagor for me then.

SMAXXA
21-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Just bring mcginn in at right back

Sir David Gray
21-01-2017, 10:50 AM
It's a stupid rule in any match, let alone a cup final.

Imagine wanting to embrace the supporters when you score a goal. It's not as if football is a form of entertainment and means so much to players and fans alike.

Time it was scrapped unless you are celebrating in a provocative way in front of the opposition's fans.

snooky
21-01-2017, 11:37 AM
His celebration would have been totally different if the goal was at the other end and he would be playing today.
The difference in a coin toss.

J

:agree: 100% and there lies everything that's wrong with our game.

Keith_M
21-01-2017, 11:39 AM
What's a Celebtation?

Onceinawhile
21-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Foster

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Wayne?

Seveno
21-01-2017, 11:48 AM
It's a stupid rule in any match, let alone a cup final.

Imagine wanting to embrace the supporters when you score a goal. It's not as if football is a form of entertainment and means so much to players and fans alike.

Time it was scrapped unless you are celebrating in a provocative way in front of the opposition's fans.

The rule is to prevent a surge of fans resulting in people being crushed. There have been enough people killed at football matches.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2017, 11:50 AM
The rule is to prevent a surge of fans resulting in people being crushed. There have been enough people killed at football matches.

Does the same rule apply in England?
See players regularly jump into the crowd down there, and not get booked

Viva_Palmeiras
21-01-2017, 11:54 AM

If there was ever a game for taking a yellow for celebrating that was it. Completely warranted taking the adulation of the Hibees!

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2017, 04:30 PM

When has there been deaths at a football match when a player has gone into the crowd after scoring a goal? :confused:

Surely if we are to prevent deaths at football games through inconsiderate players, 6 month bans would be more appropriate rather than a yellow card?

Did Stevenson get booked today for going into the crowd after scoring?

Seveno
21-01-2017, 06:42 PM
When has there been deaths at a football match when a player has gone into the crowd after scoring a goal? :confused:

Surely if we are to prevent deaths at football games through inconsiderate players, 6 month bans would be more appropriate rather than a yellow card?

There have been more than enough fans, including children, crushed to death at football matches. Do you really want to wait until the initial cause is a surge caused by a player running into the crowd ? Would you like to be the person that tells a mother that her child will nit be coming home ?

Sir David Gray
21-01-2017, 08:28 PM
There have been more than enough fans, including children, crushed to death at football matches. Do you really want to wait until the initial cause is a surge caused by a player running into the crowd ? Would you like to be the person that tells a mother that her child will nit be coming home ?

I think that's much too dramatic.

Nearly every big match you watch these days, players go into the crowd when a goal's scored (despite the threat of a yellow card hanging over them). I've yet to hear about anyone being crushed to death as a result.

Onion
22-01-2017, 08:36 AM

No he didn't, and I was watching for it. The ref just had a quiet word with him.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2017, 09:09 AM

Have any of these deaths occurred after a player has gone into the crowd after scoring? If this is such a dangerous thing, why are as i said originally is the punishment not bigger?

If there is such terrible things happening at football games, surely the authorities should be taking things much more seriously, and handing out proper punishments?

Or as i suspect, nobody is dying and this is just another example of the authorities trying to strangle the enjoyment out of the game.

Cosmic Truth
24-01-2017, 09:51 PM

That is absolutely scandalous. :fuming:

where'stheslope
25-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Does the same rule apply in England?
See players regularly jump into the crowd down there, and not get booked

Never mind England!

Does this rule apply in Glasgow?

How many Celtic and Rangers players get booked for running to their fans?

CallumLaidlaw
25-01-2017, 07:06 AM
No he didn't, and I was watching for it. The ref just had a quiet word with him.

Correct. And neither did the young lad Davies that scored for Everton against City last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjhibby
25-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Have any of these deaths occurred after a player has gone into the crowd after scoring? If this is such a dangerous thing, why are as i said originally is the punishment not bigger?

If there is such terrible things happening at football games, surely the authorities should be taking things much more seriously, and handing out proper punishments?

Or as i suspect, nobody is dying and this is just another example of the authorities trying to strangle the enjoyment out of the game.

Does seem ridiculous that players get booked for showing obvious delight in scoring. It makes the moment extra special for everbody and should be binned asap.