PDA

View Full Version : Is the romance out of the cup

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2017, 08:09 PM
I was in Bonnyrigg on Thursday and was surprised that not one shop that I could see had any good luck banners flags or roses in the window. Given that this is there biggest match in the history of the club. I thought the place would have been decorated like it was xmas. Or is it just about the money these days

B.H.F.C
20-01-2017, 08:23 PM
I walked along Bonnyrigg high street today and pretty much every shop had the same poster in the window. Some had scarves and strips hanging up as well.

Itsnoteasy
20-01-2017, 08:24 PM
I walked along Bonnyrigg high street today and pretty much every shop had the same poster in the window. Some had scarves and strips hanging up as well.

They must have just put them up this morning.

H18 SFR
20-01-2017, 08:26 PM
For some reason I'm getting nervous - very nervous. I thought it was because of the romance of the cup and the biggest potential banana skin humanity has ever produced.

For the record, I think we will skoosh it in the end.

Ronniekirk
20-01-2017, 09:36 PM
For some reason I'm getting nervous - very nervous. I thought it was because of the romance of the cup and the biggest potential banana skin humanity has ever produced.

For the record, I think we will skoosh it in the end.

I have a bigger sense of anticipation because we are Cup holders
They will no doubt be up for it and give us a game of it early doors with a noisy support in an intimidating stadium
But it all affs to the spectical
Looking forward to it and we aint going out in the first game we play as Holders

Eyrie
20-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Looking forward to it and we aint going out in the first game we play as Holders

That never happens. When was the last time the holders got knocked out like that?

Jonnyboy
20-01-2017, 10:53 PM
That never happens. When was the last time the holders got knocked out like that?

:tee hee:

et vireta
21-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Truth is is that there are probably more Hibs fans who live in Bonnyrigg than Bonnyrigg fans !
A lot of their "fans" who turn up on Saturday will be closetHearts/Rangers fans wanting a wee day out and hoping for a miracle.

I am very apprehensive about this tie. I am mindful that this team beat Dumbarton at Dumbarton and after two games.
I want three quick goals to kill them off.
Don't let the unthinkable happen Hib

Keith_M
21-01-2017, 08:59 AM
To answer the original question...

No, it hasn't

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Not at Tynecastle. You are allowed to hump a family member in the toilets of the Wheatfield Stand and buy them pie afterwards.*

* Small print - offer applies to Hearts 400,000 season ticket holders only.

Col2
21-01-2017, 09:55 AM
I think we might do very well again. Win it? Maybe but I can see us at Hampden again!! Avoid Celtic and would take anyone else.

Let be honest if we were drawn against sheep, yams or Huns are ER...would any of us think we were likely to be beaten? Nope.

Keith_M
21-01-2017, 11:22 AM
I want us to draw Celtc at Easter Road.

Even if we lose, there would be no shame in it but I want to see us compete against the best in front of a full house at home.

Eyrie
21-01-2017, 11:29 AM
I want us to draw Celtc at Easter Road.

Even if we lose, there would be no shame in it but I want to see us compete against the best in front of a full house at home.

We're the holders, so I want a decent run in the competition this year. Ideally we'll win it, but even losing in the semi or final would constitute a good defence. Going out before then, even away to Celtc, would be disappointing.